Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    Transmog has been an immensely popular form of content since it was implemented back in Cata. Mounts have been a thing since vanilla and there are literal tons of people roaming Azeroth (and beyond) at this very moment to get their hands on that rare mount or finish their 200/300/400 collection. You may not be interested but many (including myself) are willing go through hours of rep grinds if that shoulder transmog is pretty enough. I'd much rather grind rep for mounts than for gear upgrades, there are usually easier ways to get gear.
    This tbh. I'll easily live with not having the 0.5% dmg increase from an enchant coming from a rep vendor (Sons of Hodir WotLK comes to mind) but throw a good looking mount or transmog behind it and I will grind that shit with a smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Idk.....maybe cuz it's a MMO???? Are you just going to run around killing world mobs by yourself for fun? Like what do you expect to do at endgame by yourself? That's the part that doesn't make sense to me.
    It being an MMO does not mean every player has to interact with every other player every time they log in. Sometimes players only have a limited time or they don't know if they'll be able to have an uninterrupted block of time to play the group content.

Sometimes, players just want to (sometimes need to) play solo, or more casually and still feel like they can progress their character to some degree. Whether that's crafting, World Quests, Questing at max level, dailies, or whatever... Options are a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Which also means anyone who is not going to play mythic+/pvp/raids will have nothing to play outside of world quests.
    Dude anima and Artifact power and even Order resources were the WORST thing they ever added to the game, very unrewarding and poured into our throat cause we need it for any content. Glad it is gone.

You can finally relax instead of having a second job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Dragonflight does have a currency called "Dragon Isles Supplies," which is generally used for purchasing items and gear from the various reputation/renown vendors, and seems to be Dragonflight's incarnation of Anima, at least insofar as currency is concerned. Supplies drop from bonus quests, vignettes, and randomly from creatures in the Beta.
    also from treasures, and those are ALL over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

blizzard please tell me what to mindlessly grind to occupy my time I am lost

Do the reputations have questlines like MoP's did? I played MoP every day to see the next part of the Tillers or the Serpent Rider questline or the Dominance Offensive questline. Or are they just more grinds for the sake of grinding?

Renown is weird right now on the beta. In shadowlands renown came with story, weekly quests and everything. It was new to us and new patches came with cathup.
    The pacing of renown will be crucial in dragonflight because it has the whole outdoor game gated behind it (rock climbing, chests that give supplies, digging stuff and what not) . 1000 reputation = 1 renown. 1 world quest gives 60 reputation, so 1000 reputation is about 17 world quest. And there are only 3-4 wqs up atm in each zone that lasts for the entire week. You do the 3-4 wq in each zone and you're donezo. So it's not like you could grind reputation atm on the beta. There are some daily type quests but not many. You have to ACTIVELY work for more and more outdoor content to open up for you, but this means it HAS to be fun. It HAS to be engaging. Who cares if you can climb rocks at renown 9 when you just can't get yourself pushing to renown 9 because the effort/gain ratio is screwed? World quests are just world quests. Go there, kill 15 drakes, give 5 monkeys a parachute. There, 60 rep for 3-5 mins of your time. I mean... Yeah there are some wqs that give extra rep, but most of them are plain 60 rep and thats it. The world quest pool is also very bland atm. How many times will the very same wqs pop up till you max out your renown? 25.000 reputation by mostly 60 reputation wqs. I hope that there's a lot more into this. Will keep an eye on it.
    I don't worry for instanced content, that's usually pretty cool. Outdoor content has been shit for 4 expansions in a row. They just can't create engaging and somewhat fun outdoor activity, but now they are hardgating it as well. That's fucking bold.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Do the reputations have questlines like MoP's did? I played MoP every day to see the next part of the Tillers or the Serpent Rider questline or the Dominance Offensive questline. Or are they just more grinds for the sake of grinding?
    Yes they do. They unlock new world quests, new world activities, new world events, and of course new questlines, one sec.

This is all the things that unlock new "activities" there is other things like profession stuff like the tuskarr fishing holes and nets and harpoons and stuff, but i dont quite consider those activities. this is also all the quest unlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Renown is weird right now on the beta. In shadowlands renown came with story, weekly quests and everything. It was new to us and new patches came with cathup.
    The pacing of renown will be crucial in dragonflight because it has the whole outdoor game gated behind it (rock climbing, chests that give supplies, digging stuff and what not) . 1000 reputation = 1 renown. 1 world quest gives 60 reputation, so 1000 reputation is about 17 world quest. And there are only 3-4 wqs up atm in each zone that lasts for the entire week.
    Again why i keep saying i doubt you actually play the beta.
    because rares all over the isles give rep tokens, tresures literally ALL over, ALSO give rep tokens, and can be infintly farmed, like you can literally just fly around the waking shore collecting tons of expedition satchels and disturbed dirt all day, and get TONS of dragonscale and valdrakken rep, and if you do so in the onharian plains, also get centaur rep, and if in azure span also tuskarr rep.

You can literally just farm rep by doing constant world content.

also siege of dragonbane keep, community feasts, hunts, and random elite rare spawns, all give even more rep.

Here is me just grabbing some treasures
    https://puu.sh/Jmluk/533a706daa.mp4
    here is me handing in the rep tokens i got from this video.
    https://puu.sh/Jmluu/9551e22a46.mp4

literally 1 minute 40 seconds, 250 rep.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-09-21 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes they do. They unlock new world quests, new world activities, new world events, and of course new questlines, one sec.

- - - Updated - - -

Again why i keep saying i doubt you actually play the beta.
    because rares all over the isles give rep tokens, tresures literally ALL over, ALSO give rep tokens, and can be infintly farmed, like you can literally just fly around the waking shore collecting tons of expedition satchels and disturbed dirt all day, and get TONS of dragonscale and valdrakken rep, and if you do so in the onharian plains, also get centaur rep, and if in azure span also tuskarr rep.

You can literally just farm rep by doing constant world content.

also siege of dragonbane keep, community feasts, hunts, and random elite rare spawns, all give even more rep.
    How engaging content is to fly around and farm "treasures". And then we don't know how these will work on live. Will they work like zereth mortis chests that disappear after certain time after someone loots them or are they personal? So at the start of the expansion hundreds of people will fly around collecting these and you end up wasting your time?
    Same goes with rares. At the start these will be farmed hard. You will not see this many rares up. You can camp them or whatever, join groups to farm them for hours to no end.
    How does any of this respect the players time? How is this engaging?
    Haven't tried community feasts. Hunts could be awesome but they are bland uninteresting crap atm. Dragonbane keep gave me 75 rep I think when I completed it. How many times do you want to complete dragonbane keep until you slit your wrists? It's the same scenario: feed Beef, and defend the caravan. Kill some enemy fill-the-bar style. Kill 2 named mobs and fill-the-bar. Kill more mobs, heal up Boss and his crew. Kill the fire elemental and his buddy at the door. Kill the earth elemental/Magma guy in the keep. For 75 rep or whatever.
    Last edited by Lei; 2022-09-21 at 02:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    How engaging content is to fly around and farm "treasures". And then we don't know how these will work on live. Will they work like zereth mortis chests that disappear after certain time after someone loots them or are they personal? So at the start of the expansion hundreds of people will fly around collecting these and you end up wasting your time?
    Same goes with rares. At the start these will be farmed hard. You will not see this many rares up. You can camp them or whatever, join groups to farm them for hours to no end.
    How does any of this respect the players time? How is this engaging?
    You said there was no way to farm rep outside of world quests, I showed you were wrong and have now moved the goal posts to "well it isnt fun!".

Also is your argument really becoming that players playing the game is going to make the game bad and that is blizzards fault that they arnt respecting your time by... having people play the game?

Cool, i guess the solution is just for blizz to mass ban players or something?
    Cause by your logic even world quests are not a good solution, because they will be farmed to hell at launch and it will make completing them impossible.

also one last thing "we dont know how these will work on live" yet you are here complaining about countless other things we dont know how they will work on live, and when given solutions only then do you go "well we don't know!"

To be honest: The only reason for me, even considering, to play their next expansion, is the fact that there is no Azerite, no Covenants, no Soulbinds, no player progression system, no Treadmill, no carrot and no stick.

- - - Updated - - -

Which also means anyone who is not going to play mythic+/pvp/raids will have nothing to play outside of world quests.
    no offense, but: if you don’t like raids, dungeons or PvP, you are maybe in the completely wrong game.

You said there was no way to farm rep outside of world quests, I showed you were wrong and have now moved the goal posts to "well it isnt fun!".

Also is your argument really becoming that players playing the game is going to make the game bad and that is blizzards fault that they arnt respecting your time by... having people play the game?

Cool, i guess the solution is just for blizz to mass ban players or something?
    Cause by your logic even world quests are not a good solution, because they will be farmed to hell at launch and it will make completing them impossible.

also one last thing "we dont know how these will work on live" yet you are here complaining about countless other things we dont know how they will work on live, and when given solutions only then do you go "well we don't know!"
    "Play the game". Korthia was a "game". It was the most hated patch in the game for a good reason. Uldum (8.3) was "play the game" it was the second most hated patch ever. 5.2 was "play the game". It was one of the most loved patch in the game followed by 5.4. There are many ways to "play the game". Somehow they used to be able to create a better game. I'm not even saying that wow's outdoor content was ever OMG AWESOME OMG. But it was better: you knew your goal. You knew how much time it took you to reach it, you saw your progress in it. And it was worth it. Effort/gain ratio was great before WoD.
    Farming chests is not a reliable source of reputation that is why I didn't include it. You could be on a dead realm and if, IF it stays this way be done with it very soon, especially when Handynotes gets a plugin to farm these. Or you can be on a crowded realm and get 125 rep in 1-2 hours.
    I'm not complaining I'm answering a question to the OP while being very cautious and knowing that a crowded realm with live players will be completely different to what we see on the beta.
    Also I'm not moving the goalpost. The effort/gain ratio what makes or breaks something for a vast majority of the players. That was my point "The pacing of renown will be crucial in dragonflight because it has the whole outdoor game gated behind it"
    Does this sound like complaining to you?

7+ Year Old Account
    "Play the game". Korthia was a "game". It was the most hated patch in the game for a good reason. Uldum (8.3) was "play the game" it was the second most hated patch ever. 5.2 was "play the game". It was one of the most loved patch in the game followed by 5.4. There are many ways to "play the game". Somehow they used to be able to create a better game. I'm not even saying that wow's outdoor content was ever OMG AWESOME OMG. But it was better: you knew your goal. You knew how much time it took you to reach it, you saw your progress in it. And it was worth it. Effort/gain ratio was great before WoD.
    Farming chests is not a reliable source of reputation that is why I didn't include it. You could be on a dead realm and if, IF it stays this way be done with it very soon, especially when Handynotes gets a plugin to farm these. Or you can be on a crowded realm and get 125 rep in 1-2 hours.
    I'm not complaining I'm answering a question to the OP while being very cautious and knowing that a crowded realm with live players will be completely different to what we see on the beta.
    Also I'm not moving the goalpost. The effort/gain ratio what makes or breaks something for a vast majority of the players. That was my point "The pacing of renown will be crucial in dragonflight because it has the whole outdoor game gated behind it"
    Does this sound like complaining to you?
    Lol this is fucking hilarious "korthia most hated patch in the game, uldum second most hated patch in the game" lol wow that is hilariously false. need i remind you of "voice chat the patch" or "Selfie cam patch!"

also i love how you use 5.2 as example speaking it was famous for forcing people to fight eachother for spawns, cause danm i tell you the amount of time i spent trying to kill mobs before another warlock could tag was hilarious.

also the bullshit in this post is hilarious "I knew farming chests was not reliable so I didn't include it" it is literally THE MOST RELIABLE way to farm it currently.

you literally said "So it's not like you could grind reputation atm on the beta." you didn't know, speaking you have said multiple times how there is no way to just farm rep, you didn't know, and got called out, and now are making up you did know but ignored it for some reason?

Also lol you fucking serious? it took me not even 2 minutes to get 500 rep, and you are gunna sit here and fucking throw out "take 1-2 hours to get 125!" do you think more players makes collecting ore/herb nodes take 120x longer?
    come on this is fucking clown fiesta at this point.

what you are suggesting is an increase time of fucking 120x
    You really think more players will make something take 120 times longer?

is ANYTHING you say accurate?
    Korthia and visions of nzoth most hated patches in wow history, more players will make collecting treasures take 120x longer, tresures are such a horribly non-reliable source of rep you complelty pretended you didnt know they existed?

these are all such obscene hills to die on, but you do you i guess.

Get caught lying again and again and again.
    response?
    "Lol shill"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-09-21 at 04:26 AM.

Lol this is fucking hilarious "korthia most hated patch in the game, uldum second most hated patch in the game" lol wow that is hilariously false. need i remind you of "voice chat the patch" or "Selfie cam patch!"

also i love how you use 5.2 as example speaking it was famous for forcing people to fight eachother for spawns, cause danm i tell you the amount of time i spent trying to kill mobs before another warlock could tag was hilarious.

also the bullshit in this post is hilarious "I knew farming chests was not reliable so I didn't include it" it is literally THE MOST RELIABLE way to farm it currently.

you literally said "So it's not like you could grind reputation atm on the beta." you didn't know, speaking you have said multiple times how there is no way to just farm rep, you didn't know, and got called out, and now are making up you did know but ignored it for some reason?

Also lol you fucking serious? it took me not even 2 minutes to get 500 rep, and you are gunna sit here and fucking throw out "take 1-2 hours to get 125!" do you think more players makes collecting ore/herb nodes take 120x longer?
    come on this is fucking clown fiesta at this point.

what you are suggesting is an increase time of fucking 120x
    You really think more players will make something take 120 times longer?

is ANYTHING you say accurate?
    Korthia and visions of nzoth most hated patches in wow history, more players will make collecting treasures take 120x longer, tresures are such a horribly non-reliable source of rep you complelty pretended you didnt know they existed?

these are all such obscene hills to die on, but you do you i guess.
    I love when a shill gets so angry that they mix up the narrative of "most hated patch" and "patch that's so empty that it shouldn't be even called a patch."

The thing with WoW is that it lacks lasting power. Raiding has been on a decline for along while now and unless they absolutely shit on mythic plus it wont reach its previous heights which apparently is what people want? I dislike raiding and love the get KSM and unsub for along time gameplay loop that has been in practice all shadowlands. How do you easily make the game have lasting power in a player power progression system? Lets hope the tier forge unlocks in say week 2 and recharges fast enough to have 4pc by week 4 or 5 so we can avoid the interaction with a raid group.

Oh yeah, because the game is called "Dungeons, raids and battlegrounds of Warcraft"..
    yes, ofc you can also collect, tmog, auction hoause, farm, trade, pet battles, and so on. but the original core, the game was build on, and where most of the investments go, is just above game parts. and i am not responsible for, tbh.

all i say is: if you are behind single player role play games, targeting casual gamers and/or single players and offering lot’s of open world stuff, there are just better games out there for this. but ofc, i don’t want you prevent from playing wow (besides the fact i can not anyway and also have zero reason to).
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-09-21 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    As there is no anima to farm in DF, has there been any mention of the daily gameplay outside of instanced content? I'm sure WQ and callings are here to stay, but is there anything new to focus on for day to day play?
    love that it sounding to have old wow feel. let us make up what to do after grinding dungeons, bg's

Daily gameplay doesn't belong in any game. If a game sets you a certain goal per day, punishes you for not reaching it (comparatively) and limits you in what you can achive in said day, then it's not a game; it's an unpaid job.