10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why anyone would linger in a forum talking about a game from a company they allegedly are "so bad" and such.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't know why anyone would linger in a forum talking about a game from a company they allegedly are "so bad" and such.
    Hatred and bitterness are a helluva drug.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No, it was a few criers that asked to remove it. They listened to loud criers. As always. And yes, that is stupid.

The loud criers are simply silent nowadays, as they discovered the dungeon finder was a real addition, and as they are done with waiting for hours to form a group using the lfg channel. Good bye, blind nostalgia.
    You are one of the few people (loud minority) who doesn't agree with"Raiding/mythic+ should give the highest iLvl", yet you want that removed.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I feel like the silent majority would agree with the fact that Open World Content shouldn't have amazing gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hope they become better. Hope dies last. Especially for a company that lives from expansion hypes. Millions buy expacs, most players leave after a month because the devs forgot to adress them in endgame.

"But.. we really thought flying your dragon through loops could make you play for months and that making you farm chaos sparks would make you a loyal customer!"
    Shitting on the game, shitting on the devs, constantly claiming WoW wont improve, pulling numbers out of your ass. You have a peculiar way of being "hopeful".
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-20 at 05:08 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    Nah you're not biased, having an entire story set in another plane of existence is almost never a good idea in an RPG and anyone who's every played an epic level campaign in D&D can testify to this.
    I feel personally attacked by this comment.

I do not want mythic+/raiding removed. I want other game modes added. Solo players as like small group players should have gearing progression as well. Not just premade groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i do not shit on the game, i actually was a fan for a long time. I laugh about the developer decisions. Their bias. Their stupid decisions they do based on a rotten morality where gate keeping gearing progression and limiting it to a few is reality. Where Afrasiabi was game director for a long time. Where the devs believe they can ignore 70% or more of their players because.. well.. nostalgia? Or because the devs think "playing with friends" is all that matters while most of their players use matchmaking? They do stupid decisions based on their "vision" and their "bias", which is literally all about gatekeeping gearing progression for a few.

I criticize their stupidity and argument why i think they act stupid. And they deserve that criticism. And they deserve to be blunt. I neither can be their bootlicker, nor will i ever understand bootlickers which think they can change the world by crawling up the developers asses.
    Look, I don't wanna argue with you, because frankly, there's no point, because you wouldn't be happy even if Blizzard gave you 5000 ilvl gear for killing a worldboss and it didn't have a lockout, but here's some advice:

MMOs are not for you. Of course the thing that incentivizes actual group content is gonna give the best reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I just recently got into the Beta and I can't really say enough positive things about Dragonriding. It adds a quality of immersion to travel in the Dragon Isles that's really lacking with normal mounts, and really opens up travel in a way I didn't really expect from the description. Traveling from hub to hub or quest area to quest area in WoW is a kind of mindless, time-consuming task that feels like dead air, but Dragonriding makes it a mini-game in and of itself, giving the feeling that you're always participating with the game systems even when you're just traveling to the next locale to complete a brace of quests. I'm just midway through the leveling arc at current, so I don't know how end-game Dragonriding will shape up - but so far, it's been a blast from what I initially felt was going to be a more gimmicky part of [i]Dragonflight[i]'s new systems.
    I've been very interested in Dragonriding and the perks that come along with it. Nice to hear that it's fun to use.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, i do not shit on the game, i actually was a fan for a long time. I laugh about the developer decisions. Their bias. Their stupid decisions they do based on a rotten morality where gate keeping gearing progression and limiting it to a few is reality. Where Afrasiabi was game director for a long time. Where the devs believe they can ignore 70% or more of their players because.. well.. nostalgia? Or because the devs think "playing with friends" is all that matters while most of their players use matchmaking? They do stupid decisions based on their "vision" and their "bias", which is literally all about gatekeeping gearing progression for a few.

I criticize their stupidity and argument why i think they act stupid. And they deserve that criticism. And they deserve to be blunt. I neither can be their bootlicker, nor will i ever understand bootlickers which think they can change the world by crawling up the developers asses.
    And then you bring some dumb takes about "rotten morality" (LOL) in game development considering group/solo content. "Devs are biased", "they ignore 70% of player base", "best gear being in Mythic is gatekeeping". You are literally made of bad takes you have been spewing entire year, combined with statistics pulled out of thin air.

- - - Updated - - -

The bigger problem is you do not really understand what i want. I do not want "ilevel 5000" welfare epics. I want gearing progression for solo players and small group players. For matchmade groups.
    No one really cares what you want at this point. You really exhausted everyone here with your posts.

Seems you did not understand me as well. I never said "best gear being in mythic is gatekeeping". I talk about giving gearing progression in premade groups only (that only part is the most interesting part) is gatekeeping. I would not care a shit about what gear mythic raids drop as long i had my own gearing progression in my gameplay.
    ZM had gear progression for solo players
    Could even get gear

But you said the rewards weren't good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Sorry that the community has been collectively telling them it was bad & they should remove it for ten whole years.
    Collectively is not the right statement. There are a lot of people and a lot of big names that thought keeping it or introducing it "blizzlike" with icc would be better for the game.

I don't mind it being removed, but i think its stupid to remove it and then introduce a worse system to replace it.

Well, i do not shit on the game
    You barely do anything else. You seem to be under the rather strong delusion you have some sort of point, when all you do is piss and moan about made up issues and contradicting your own claims.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I've been very interested in Dragonriding and the perks that come along with it. Nice to hear that it's fun to use.
    ive legit just had a couple hours here and there every week where i just say fuck it and fly around for a couple hours mining.
    Not cause i need minerals, but because it is fun to fly around and look for unique mineral nodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, you are welcome to counter my points with arguments rather than general ad hominem statements.
    You got countered plenty in this thread in the past, but all you did was ignore it with made up statistics and asinine arguments. So I don't think anyone cares about convincing you any more. You joined a prestigious group of people who keep shitting on the game while thinking they stand for something, but all they do is annoy everyone else. Congratz.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, counter the statistics. Show they are made up. You did nothing of that.
    Because as I said, it was already done. And you ignored it. So no one gonna bother repeating it to a guy living in denial. Keep crusading and searching for "moral rot" in WoW game design.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You got countered plenty in this thread in the past, but all you did was ignore it with made up statistics and asinine arguments. So I don't think anyone cares about convincing you any more. You joined a prestigious group of people who keep shitting on the game while thinking they stand for something, but all they do is annoy everyone else. Congratz.
    It is cantrip, don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The problem here is Blizzard's "all or nothing" approach. There is no middle ground for them. Overdose of daily quests - no daily quests. Overdose of borrowed power / AP grind - no borrowed power / AP grind. Overdose of features - no / barely any features.

If they would, after all these years, find a middle ground in their game design, people would definitely complain less. But they seem incapable of doing that and I don't know why.
    While I agree to some extent, I'm completely against Borrowed Power with daily grind attached to it, like Artifact Weapons/Azerite, a weekly locked system like Renown without covenants, soulbinds, and conduits, I can live with.

Borrowed Power such as we had in Legion/Battle for Azeroth/Shadowlands did more harm than good to this game, and hope they never bring it back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    While I agree to some extent, I'm completely against Borrowed Power with daily grind attached to it, like Artifact Weapons/Azerite, a weekly locked system like Renown without covenants, soulbinds, and conduits, I can live with.

Borrowed Power such as we had in Legion/Battle for Azeroth/Shadowlands did more harm than good to this game, and hope they never bring it back.
    IMO it doesn't matter if the Borrowed Power is attached to a grind like in those expansions. I am fine with borrowed power in terms of items sets, legendary, trinket and such, which is expected to be replaced, but the systems those expansions had could never be lasting and are more of a class ability testing ground that wont last probably, and on top of that 2 out of 3 had really bad endless grinds attached to them (SL being the one that didn't)3

I don't want any form of BP except the stuff I mentioned which has been part of the game since the start.

Wonder if they will keep the systems for gearing from SL season 3 (Create tier pieces) and season 4 (Dinar system). I suspect that while creating tier might carry over, the coin to purchase pieces wont because it was probably added because of a weekly rotation of raids.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

The fact is, we already have plenty of content on this game if you do enjoy most of them like me:

• Pet Battle alone is a huge time sink if taken seriously;
    • Mythic Plus alone can take all your free time;
    • Mythic Raiding Prep. and Progress another huge time sink;
    • PVP activities Arena/RBGs;
    • World Content for completionists trying to get every Transmog, Pet, Mount, or Toy, from Rares/Quests/Events;
    • Old Content for Former and New players: Transmogs and Mounts from older raids/dungeons;
    • Achievements;

Literally, any activity that I listed above can take nearly all your free time if taken seriously, and unlike EVERY SINGLE ACTIVITY listed above, Borrowed Power adds nothing of value to your character since it's straight-up removed once the expansion end.

Borrowed Power philosophy applied to other activities in-game would be the same as removing your mounts, CE/AOTC, achievements, pets, toys, and transmogs, that you got from a given expansion once it ends. Borrowed Power is not bad, it's TERRIBLE!
    Last edited by Luck4; 2022-09-20 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    IMO it doesn't matter if the Borrowed Power is attached to a grind like in those expansions. I am fine with borrowed power in terms of items sets, legendary, trinket and such, which is expected to be replaced, but the systems those expansions had could never be lasting and are more of a class ability testing ground that wont last probably, and on top of that 2 out of 3 had really bad endless grinds attached to them (SL being the one that didn't)3

I don't want any form of BP except the stuff I mentioned which has been part of the game since the start.

Wonder if they will keep the systems for gearing from SL season 3 (Create tier pieces) and season 4 (Dinar system). I suspect that while creating tier might carry over, the coin to purchase pieces wont because it was probably added because of a weekly rotation of raids.
    Honestly I think borrowed power can work just fine as long as

a) It's one system per expansion, not two or three
    b) There is no infinite grind

Covenants were not problematic in Shadowlands because they were borrowed power, they were problematic because they were a hard choice. Like imagine a scenario where Legion had ONLY artifacts or BfA had ONLY essences. AP was still there but it has a weekly cap which rolled on to the next week and kept the catch up mechanics so you effectively never fell behind as long as you played a bit (a bit, not did multiple Maw runs per day). Or you could switch Covenants on day one in Shadowlands (which would have been such an interesting system since you'd actually have to work on Renown a bit to keep them all even instead of being done every Wednesday after 30mins of gametime).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The problem here is Blizzard's "all or nothing" approach. There is no middle ground for them. Overdose of daily quests - no daily quests. Overdose of borrowed power / AP grind - no borrowed power / AP grind. Overdose of features - no / barely any features.

If they would, after all these years, find a middle ground in their game design, people would definitely complain less. But they seem incapable of doing that and I don't know why.
    Nah the only problem here is you.
    The only good borrowed power is NO borrowed power.