Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Man if this came before the Disney sequels, I would actually look forward to it. Sadly Disney has tainted SW for me.
    Well, it couldn't have come out prior to Rogue One which is post-TFA.

And honestly, most of Disney Star Wars I find enjoyable. The sequel problems were bad management, they had no plan in place for them which is not something you can do. The TV series all seem to have a plan, especially the expanded Mando ones. Book of Boba wasn't the greatest, but I can't say I hated it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Well, it couldn't have come out prior to Rogue One which is post-TFA.

And honestly, most of Disney Star Wars I find enjoyable. The sequel problems were bad management, they had no plan in place for them which is not something you can do. The TV series all seem to have a plan, especially the expanded Mando ones. Book of Boba wasn't the greatest, but I can't say I hated it.
    Book of Boba Fett was a mess. The only interesting thing about it was his Tusken story. His crimelord story was... i cannot really describe it, only as something that a truly amateur in the underworld would do. Add the fact that 2 or 2 and a half episodes are essentially Mandalorian season 2.5...

It leaves us with a sub par, below mediocre series. Personally i expected something stronger, better.
    /spit@Blizzard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Book of Boba Fett was a mess. The only interesting thing about it was his Tusken story. His crimelord story was... i cannot really describe it, only as something that a truly amateur in the underworld would do. Add the fact that 2 or 2 and a half episodes are essentially Mandalorian season 2.5...

It leaves us with a sub par, below mediocre series. Personally i expected something stronger, better.
    Yes, it was a mess, but as I said, I can't say I hated it.
    I am not saying it was good, I am saying I didn't hate it. There were enjoyable parts to watch, like all Star Wars. The story is by far the weakest of any Star Wars property, imo, but I can't say it was something I hate.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Steal from the Empire | Andor | Disney+

Star Wars
    Aug 24, 2022

To steal from the Empire, you just walk in like you belong.

Check out this brand-new clip from #Andor, an Original series from Star Wars. The three-episode premiere begins streaming September 21 only on Disney+

- - - Updated - - -

Genevieve O’Reilly Interview: Andor.

https://screenrant.com/andor-genevie...lly-interview/
    BY ASH CROSSAN - 1 DAY AGO

O'Reilly spoke to Screen Rant about what she learned from Mon Mothma's arc in Andor, how much she hopes to explore over the course of two seasons, and whether many Bothans really died to bring her the plans from Rogue One.

Screen Rant: I'm so excited to have Mon Mothma back. We typically see her as very poised, very commanding of the room type of woman. Are there any conversations you had about other areas of her life that you really wanted to dig into?

Genevieve O'Reilly: I was interested to learn about this woman. I was interested, and I was grateful [to] Tony Gilroy and to Disney for carving space for her within the story for us to learn about this woman. I think I've always been curious about her, ever since I watched that scene that Caroline Blakiston did in Return of the Jedi.

There's a very famous line in there that fans will often quote to me: "Many Bothans died to bring us this [information]." There's a pain at the center of that there, and I was always curious. What is that? What has that woman had to carry? What has been the cost of that leadership? What is it? What do you have to sacrifice? What do you lose to be that leader? And I think that's what we're looking to investigate and to develop during Andor.

Have you ever heard the theory—it's more of a joke—that Manny Bothans was actually the name of one man who died?

Genevieve O'Reilly: No. I love that! [Laughs] Oh my gosh. I'll never be able to say that same thing again. That's brilliant.

I'm sorry. Every time I say it, I'm like, "Manny Bothans. What a man." Has anything changed about your opinion or perception of her as a result of doing this series?

Genevieve O'Reilly: I have even more admiration and respect for the character than I did before, once we've been able to excavate her, and see what her life is really like. What it was like to be a senator and to be married from the age of 16; how you've had to navigate the Imperial construct, and what that means to your life and choices. How free are you? And how difficult is it as a woman to have a voice in that environment?

I feel terribly proud of her. I'm thrilled because, in a way, this is unlike anything I've done before. I kind of know where she ends up, right? I'm interested in her journey to get there, and already I feel deeply proud of her. I'm a big fan of hers as a woman.

You've embodied this character since 2005. Some people leave their characters at work, but is she somebody you spent a lot of time over the years thinking about?

Genevieve O'Reilly: In truth, not really, because I didn't know I would have this opportunity to come back to her. It's been such a surprise, and a real gift each time when they have rang and said, "Would you like to do this?" And, of course, I would like to do it.

But now, after spending so much time with her, I really want to stand up for her. I really want to shine a light on her. And I think what we're working to do in Andor will hopefully allow us to then see her, and to see those very small moments in those later films have weight behind her. Do you know what I mean? We're almost creating a foundation now for a woman that we will see later on. Gosh, it's exciting to be able to do that.

Diego Luna Interview: Andor

https://screenrant.com/andor-diego-luna-interview/
    BY ASH CROSSAN - 1 DAY AGO

Luna spoke to Screen Rant about what sets Andor apart from other branches of the Star Wars franchise, and how much his character's backstory lines up with the headcanon he invented while filming Rogue One.

Screen Rant: While you were filming Rogue One, how much time did you spend thinking about Cassian Andor's backstory, and did this line up with what you imagined?

Diego Luna: Yes, definitely. Essentially it does. When Tony Gilroy pitched me his idea for the season and for the story, we were in tune. It's there in essence, obviously. And I thouht a lot about the background of Cassian and created my own stories, in order to have an answer and to make sure that there was some logic applied to every choice of my character. There are so many questions that I wanted answers [to], but that audiences don't have.

Rogue One is a film pretty much about an event, and now we're gonna get to tell you who this character was. Who's around this character, who matters to him, what happened in his childhood, what strengths he has, what weaknesses he has, and what does he carry on his shoulders? He always talks in Rogue One about a dark past, a difficult past—now we'll get to know what that is.

As an executive producer on the show, what do you think Andor does that Star Wars hasn't explored yet?

Diego Luna: I wouldn't say it that way. What I would say is that under is the most grounded Star Wars you'll get. This is about the people. There s no Jedi is around, and it's very dark times in the galaxy. It's when the people have to come together, articulate a response, and work in communities because the Empire is growing and control is everywhere. People have been marginalized, and there's no freedom. You have these communities having to react.

It's the most human that the experience of Star Wars can get. This Star Wars is about regular people like you and me, and I think that connection is going to be special. It's the most realistic—if you can say realistic, because obviously, they live in a galaxy far, far away. But it should feel realistic to you, because we want that proximity. We want you to reflect [on] yourself with these characters on this journey.

Genevieve and I were just talking about this, so I want your opinion. There's this famous line, where Mon Mothma says, "Many Bothans died to bring us these plans." Do you think it's a bunch of Bothans, or one man named Manny Bothans, who brought the plans?"

Diego Luna: Yeah, I think it's a bunch of them, no? [ Laughs]

- - - Updated - - -

All Saw lines, compilation

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t Expect Any Star Wars Fan Service In Andor, Says Showrunner.

https://screenrant.com/andor-show-st...ails-response/
    BY BRANDON LOUIS - 18 HOURS AGO

Andor head writer and showrunner, Tony Gilroy, recently admitted that there will be no fan service in the upcoming Star Wars television series. The latest entry in the long-running science-fiction fantasy franchise will focus on Cassian Andor (Diego Luna), a rebel spy who made his first appearance in the popular Star Wars spinoff film, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Set five years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, the series will follow Andor's journey from a boy into one of the most important soldiers of the Rebellion's cause.

As a franchise grows and expands its fanbase, its content must remain fresh but also stay true to what made it popular in the first place. In an effort to please its fans, many franchise films and television shows include superficial elements that only serve as a reference to the IP itself. Although fan service is a common tool, some frown upon its usage as there is generally no substance to its inclusion in the media. For example, at the end of Solo: A Star Wars Story, Qi'ra (Emilia Clarke) was revealed to be loyal to Darth Maul. The dark lord then used the Force to retrieve his iconic dual-bladed lightsaber and ignited it. The gesture was seen by many as an example of fan service as the act served no real purpose to the story.

In a recent interview with Variety, Gilroy revealed that there will be no fan service whatsoever in the upcoming Andor television series. In regard to Star Wars legacy characters reappearing in the show, Gilroy stated that there will be legacy characters but it's "never fan service." The showrunner explained that all characters included in Andor are there for a narrative reason and not as a way to simply please fans, adding, "It’s never cynical. It’s always meant to be there. It’s always protein; it’s never icing."

Gilroy, who has made a name for himself in Hollywood with such critically-acclaimed films as The Devil's Advocate, The Bourne Identity, Michael Clayton, and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, desires to tell a story like Star Wars has never seen. He wants to move away from the "royal family" as depicted in the Skywalker saga of movies and craft a narrative about the "billion other beings in the galaxy." Adding fan service to that kind of story may effectively cheapen the effect. Instead of creating a window into someone else's life that exists within the universe, the inclusion of Star Wars fan service would point out the fact that the character is a part of the franchise, thus overshadowing the intention and immersion of the story.

The Academy Award-nominated director wants to create a compelling story that chronicles Andor's life from a young boy into the hero he needs to be to light the spark that would take down the Empire. To effectively do this, Gilroy understands that he would need to focus primarily on character which guides the story. Any unnecessary elements, especially fan service, would only distract the audience from the narrative that matters. Mon Mothma (Genevieve O'Reilly), Bail Organa (Jimmy Smits), and Saw Gerrera (Forest Whitaker) are set to return to Star Wars and appear in Andor. However, Gilroy has assured that their appearances are all instrumental to the plot and not an attempt at fan service. Hopefully that turns out to be the case, and Andor becomes a worthy addition to Star Wars canon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Poster

for some reason the fat gun n scruffy clothes Cassian is wearing, makes me think of blade runner

5+ Year Old Account
    Andor's Genevieve O'Reilly brings Mon Mothma into the spotlight: 'We really get to develop her as a character'

https://ew.com/tv/star-wars-geneviev...-mothma-andor/
    By Devan Coggan - September 02, 2022 at 09:00 AM EDT

There are only four female speaking roles in the original Star Wars trilogy. From A New Hope to Return of the Jedi, only four women ever speak on screen: One is Princess Leia. Two is Aunt Beru, who bites it in the first act of the first film. Three is an unnamed Rebel stationed on Hoth. And the fourth and final woman is Mon Mothma, the regal Rebel leader who pops up in Return of the Jedi. She doesn't get much screen time, just there to deliver a quick briefing before the Battle of Endor. But she leaves a solemn impression, gravely reminding her Rebel cohorts that many Bothans died to bring them this information.

The glamorous, imperious Mon Mothma has never been a major character, but she's long been a fascinating part of Star Wars history. Caroline Blakiston originated the role in Return of the Jedi, with Genevieve O'Reilly taking over for the prequel trilogy. (Most of her scenes in 2005's Revenge of the Sith wound up on the cutting room floor, but she appears briefly as a background character.) Later on, Mon Mothma would take on a slightly larger role in the Star Wars galaxy, with O'Reilly returning for 2016's Rogue One and later lending her voice to the animated Star Wars Rebels.

Now, after nearly four decades, this elegant leader is finally getting her time in the spotlight, with O'Reilly starring in the upcoming Disney+ series Andor.

Diego Luna plays the titular spy, but series creator Tony Gilroy (who also worked on Rogue One) says that Andor is just as much Mon Mothma's story. The show (debuting Sept. 21) is set several years before the events of Rogue One, and at this point, she's not yet the stoic Rebel leader we know and love. When the series begins, she's just a politician serving in the galactic senate, trying to effect change and take small steps to combat the oppressive Empire.

"We really get to develop her as a character, and we get to learn about her not just as a senator, but as a woman," O'Reilly, 45, tells EW. "[We learn] what her life is like, what she has to wrestle with, what are the dangers to her life, what it costs to be her. Tony's writing is so intricate and so taut. It lives in this world of the spy genre, of a sociopolitical drama, and yet it's set within a Star Wars world. So it feels universal and intimate all at once."

When O'Reilly first landed the role for Revenge of the Sith, she rewatched Blakiston's scene in Return of the Jedi to help figure out the character — something she still does. "I was always interested in her," the actress explains, "and each time I go to play her, I go back to that scene." Wearing that familiar white robe and short hair help her get into character, of course, but O'Reilly says the most valuable asset is listening to Blakiston's voice — particularly that iconic line about the Bothans.

"You can see when Caroline does that in that scene, for me, there was always a pain at the heart of it," O'Reilly explains. "You could see that she was carrying a pain, and I was really curious about what that was. What has happened in this woman's life? What has it cost to be her? What are the sacrifices that she has had to make along the way to be that leader of a rebellion?"

Andor hopes to answer some of those questions. When the show begins, Cassian Andor and Mon Mothma are (literally) on different planets, and it'll take a while for their stories to intersect. But O'Reilly hopes that as the two-season series continues, it'll bring a new depth to Mon Mothma's past appearances and show a new side of the stoic Rebel.

"We see her talking to senators, and then we meet her at home with her husband," O'Reilly teases. "We see the public and the private. We see her literally and figuratively take off her cloak and reveal herself as a woman in a way we've never seen before."

For more of EW's interview with Genevieve O'Reilly, listen to the full conversation on EW's new Star Wars podcast, Dagobah Dispatch.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1487489835

5+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good preview, too bad it's only on Disney+...I suppose they'll release it in two days on the utubs

Cassian Andor Is Recruited By Rebellion In Epic Rogue One Prequel Preview.

https://www.disneyplus.com/en-gb/vid...2-6b938f799de7
    https://screenrant.com/star-wars-and...on-clip-video/
    BY SR STAFF - 1 HOUR AGO

As part of Disney+ Day, Star Wars have released an extended clip of Andor showing Cassian being recruited into the Rebel Alliance by Luthen Rael.

Cassian Andor gets recruited by the Rebel Alliance in an extended preview released for Rogue One prequel Andor. The show, coming to Disney+ with a 3-episode premiere on September 21st, will tell the story of the titular character, set five years before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Season 1 will set the scene of Cassian’s association with the Rebel Alliance in his first year, followed by Andor season 2 tracing the next four years, and his final days before the incidents of the 2016 film.

With Cassian Andor’s fate already sealed by the events of the Battle of Scarif, this series will show what happened in the time leading up to his team up with Jyn Erso, stretching back through history to explore his origins. With promises of Star Wars legacy characters from Tony Gilroy, head writer and show runner, it has been confirmed that Luthan Rael (Stellan Skarsgård), Mon Mothma (Genevieve O'Reilly) and Saw Gerrera (Forest Whitaker) will all play important roles in this series. In a previously released clip, audiences saw Luthan bribing Andor with credits for information about accessing the Imperial bases. Now, an extended look at that scene is revealed.

In the new clip on Disney+, introduced by Gilroy and Luna, the two talk more about the series and the hard work that was put into it, from the music to the locations. This is followed by an extended cut of the pre-released scene showing Luthen Rael, who seems to know a little too much about Andor for this to be a chance meeting over the exchange of a stolen item from the Empire. Suddenly bombarded by soldiers, the pair fight together for the first time, before escaping from the collapsing factory. Finally, in a long-awaited trailer, characters such as Mon Mothma and Saw Gerrera are seen as the voiceover names them the spies and the saboteurs. In the brief clip before the extended scene, Diego Luna comments on what this series will tell us about Cassian and his origins:

“You can tell that there is that integrity behind this character… The idea of a migrant, someone that is forced to be far away from where he belongs. And it takes him many years in his life to find that there is something for me to defend, to fight for, even if it’s an idea.”

An idea being the basis of something to fight for, whether that is freedom, a new way of ruling, or just a more peaceful existence, is a constant theme across the Star Wars canon. Luna portraying this narrative from a migrant’s perspective isn’t new to the franchise, with characters such as Obi-Wan Kenobi doing similar journeys in his recent show, but this series will fill some gaps in time that audiences have been missing from the Star Wars timeline, being set during Star Wars Rebels, and before Rogue One. The Rebel Alliance appearing through the cracks of the Empire also appears to be a dominating theme in the coming series, with shots of fighting and explosions in the streets in the new trailer painting the picture of the uproar among the oppressed.

As the Star Wars franchise continues to grow and develop with new projects, it seems that Andor has a lot of pressure on it to be the next great release. With so much discussion circulating around how this series will lead up to the events of Rogue One in just 24 episodes across 2 seasons, it’s certainly an ambitious task. However, with the acting talent of Luna and the writing expertise of Gilroy fronting the show, this is looking to be one of the highest anticipated series released on Disney+ this year.

5+ Year Old Account
    Andor | Official Trailer | Disney+

Star Wars
    Sep 10, 2022

All for the Rebellion. Watch the brand-new trailer for #Andor, an Original series from Star Wars, and experience the three-episode premiere streaming September 21, only on Disney+

I'm kind of interested in this one because its not going to center around primary OG characters. So if the fudge the corners it doesn't show as much. Not that I care a whole lot but damn the people that flip out on the internet over it sure do make it unenjoyable when it happens.

When Andor was announced all those years ago, it really did stand out to me as the only hope for the possibility of a more mature kind of Star Wars story. When I say "more mature", a lot of people make the mistake of associating that kind of request with a Game of Thrones type show, with its various degrees of gratuity. That's not what I'm talking about. Given what we saw of Cassian in Rogue One, he was a more ruthless and an "at any cost" rebel than we had seen before, and I loved that. That was something new and refreshing. Star Wars desperately needs to move away from the "iTs fOr kIdS" label that certain groups like to bandy about and I hope this show is the catalyst to do just that.
    "yOu aRe wRoNg" - Darththeo

5+ Year Old Account
    The Runtimes of Andor's First Four Episodes Surface Online.

https://www.cbr.com/andor-runtime-fi...s-disney-plus/
    BY LEON MILLER - 1 DAY AGO

The episode runtimes come courtesy of a screenshot posted on Reddit of the Disney+ screener platform used by critics to review films and TV shows ahead of their public release date. According to the screenshot,

Andor Episode 1 runs for 39 minutes,
    Episode 2 for 35 minutes,
    Episode 3 for 40 minutes
    and Episode 4 for 47 minutes.

This positions Andor's average episode length as broadly in-line with that of previous Disney+ live-action Star Wars series The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

- - - Updated - - -

ANDOR EARLY REVIEWS FROM FIRST FOUR EPISODES! LET'S READ THEM

Star Wars Theory
    Sep 17, 2022

New Andor reviews are in for the star wars content creators who got to see the show early at the red carpet screening, so let's talk about it!

5+ Year Old Account
    Adria Arjona on being in 'Star Wars'' first love scene, who she'd love to dress up as in 'Andor'

https://www.wbal.com/article/index/5...up-as-in-Andor
    Monday, September 19 2022

On Wednesday, Andor, the latest Disney+ Star Wars show, blasts off with a two-episode premiere.

The 12-episode prequel series -- the longest yet for a Disney+ show -- centers on Diego Luna's titular Rogue One character, Cassian Andor, a spy for the Rebellion as the Empire tightens its grip on the galaxy.

Written and executive produced by Rogue One's Tony Gilroy, the show shares that fan favorite Star Wars film's darker, more grounded feel.

6 Underground star Adria Arjona plays Bix, a strong-willed salvage company owner whose loyalties to Andor put her in danger.

In the course of the first episodes, her character also does something never seen before in a Star Wars production: She sleeps with another character.

Wary of spoilers, Arjona says with a laugh to ABC Audio: "You're the first person to point it out, I didn't want to point it out myself!"

Arjona explains, "Tony Gilroy [was] the reason why everyone is so invested and attracted to this [project]."

"I mean, I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but just being able to be a part of something that Tony has his finger on is quite special and it feels very special."

Her character will certainly be popping up in cosplay form, something that took Arjona by surprise: "Stop! Stop! I'm getting goosebumps, do you really think so?! That's kind of amazing," she exclaimed with a laugh.

That said, she admitted what costume she was dying to don in the show. "I just want to have, like, one shot in the second part of the show that I can be a Stormtrooper and only I will know what scene it was. That's all I want!"

- - - Updated - - -

'Andor' Review: A Slow, Bright Burn as Diego Luna Finds His Place at the Heart of the Rebellion.

https://collider.com/andor-review-di...s-disney-plus/
    BY MAGGIE LOVITT - 56 MINUTES AGO

Star Wars has never shied away from telling the end of the story long before the beginning is revealed to its fans, and Andor is tasked with telling the origins of a character that audiences have already loved and lost. Six years ago, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story introduced the world to Cassian Andor (Diego Luna), a war-torn rebel who had devoted his life to fighting back against the tyrannical rule of the Empire. The film ended in tragedy, seeing its entire cast of new characters killed off in order to ensure the Death Star plans ended up in the hands of Princess Leia. It was a noble, yet devastating course of action that underlined the human cost of rebellion, and adds a layer of somber reflection on the story being unfurled in Andor.

The first four episodes of Andor present a story that is unlike any Star Wars series that has come before it. It opts to approach its protagonist from a distance, giving its story the chance to organically evolve as the world at large starts to come into focus. While series like The Mandalorian chose to go in guns blazing, Andor leans into the uneasiness of a slow-burning story thread that is unraveling at both ends.

The series begins in 5BBY, at a fracture point in the Star Wars timeline. For context, the series is set roughly four years after Obi-Wan Kenobi, and at roughly the same point in history that Saw Gerrera is abandoning Jyn Erso and Ezra Bridger is joining Hera and Kanan aboard the Ghost. Tensions are starting to grow fraught across the galaxy, Imperial sympathizers are leaning into their newfound power, all while the first real flames of rebellion are starting to be stoked. Cassian Andor’s starting point, however, begins far earlier than that, with Andor shedding new light on his childhood, his upbringing, and the experiences that influenced the man that he grew up into.

Unlike in Rogue One, rebellion isn’t on Cassian's mind as he trudges through the Blade Runner-esque scenery of the rainy Pre-Mor Corporate Zone. He may have a rap sheet, but he doesn’t fully make his way onto anyone’s radar until the first ten minutes of the episode, and that one action has a domino effect on not only his life but everyone that he has a connection with. Up until this point, it seems like Cassian has just been existing. Sure, he has friends in Bix (Adria Arjona) and Brasso (Joplin Sibtain), familial connections in Maarva (Fiona Shaw), and even an adorable droid companion in B2EMO, but his actions feel aimless and unmoored. He has an overarching goal and someone that he’s looking for, but it feels like he is just throwing things at the wall and hoping something sticks. It isn’t until Episode 3 when he really gets to know Luthen (Stellan Skarsgård) that he gets set onto the path that will transform him into the Cassian Andor from Rogue One.

From an anthropological standpoint, Cassian’s childhood is extremely intriguing and adds layers, not only to the character but to the entire Star Wars universe. Andor very intentionally does not translate the dialogue spoken by Cassian or his childhood peers, who have been left behind to fend for themselves after an Imperial mining disaster destroyed their lives. It’s unclear if the community that Cassian grew up in is how it always was, or if it was a byproduct of children being tasked with self-governing and caring for each other. Beyond this fascinating social structure, there is also the fact that Cassian’s name seems to have been changed once he was taken in by Basic-speaking visitors who essentially stole him from his community, with the intention of saving his life. The real-world parallels of this, especially with Cassian being raised to lie about his place of birth, are unmistakable and add richer depth to the series.

Across the board, Andor feels like a Star Wars series for a more mature audience. Beyond the intense uneasiness of the geopolitical situation and the elevated stakes, it doesn’t shy away from its inclusion of brothels and romantic interludes that make it clear that these characters engage in intimate relationships. And yes, this does deserve to be celebrated, because the franchise has long been seen as rather sexless with its avoidance of passion, kissing, and romantic connections, even when they seem warranted. These moments are still minor, but nevertheless noteworthy.

Another area in which Andor deviates from the previous Star Wars series is in world-building. Each new character that is introduced is given a name, even sometimes before they are even seen on-screen. There are throwaway lines that help to contextualize relationships, geographic locations, and even the habits of characters, all of which do the lion’s share of fleshing out this new entry point into the universe. It’s remarkable how thorough showrunner Tony Gilroy and his brother Dan Gilroy are at crafting the world of Andor within the first four episodes (with the latter brother penning Episode 4). It’s a refreshing change of pace coming from The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett, which both opted to avoid providing names for characters and sometimes, even locations.

Andor rises to meet the challenge of telling the story of the early days of the Rebellion through the eyes of a man who hasn’t fully come into his own yet. While I dither at the thought of referring to this as a coming-of-age story, when Cassian is very much already a full-grown man, the spirit of those stories is very much alive in the series. Similarly to his Rogue One counterpart Jyn Erso’s (Felicity Jones) arc in that film, Cassian has a chip on his shoulder, and he is running from his true potential. His ideas about resistance and fighting back against oppression haven’t fully developed and, as he comes in contact with the beating heart of the Rebellion—the everyday man and woman risking their lives for the cause—he is on a collision course for change.

Rating: A+

- - - Updated - - -

Huh both Joes agree, all three guys like this, always at least one who shrugs n is less excited..

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-09-20 at 05:07 PM.

12 episodes? Wow I didn't think Disney had it in them to do that many episodes. Hopefully it doesn't drag in the middle.

5+ Year Old Account
    Seen less than half on episode 1, n holy shit is this good. Liked bee (cassian's robot) n brasso his friend. The cinematography is amazing, no complaints

Finally after the crap that was book of boba n kenobi we get something good!

The dialogue, finally its good, just that that officer's boss talking was interesting to hear, these bourne identity fellows know their craft, these are the kind of crews that Filoni n Favreau need, not the muppets that wrote kenobi n book of boba...
    I have no hard feelings against Kenobi director, it had studio interference written all over it..i know she's better than what we got to see, she did make the best mando episode after all..

- - - Updated - - -

While they say ep 1-2 seem slower, it never feels slow, there's a constant of tension n u can feel it in the sound
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-09-21 at 09:59 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Seen less than half on episode 1, n holy shit is this good. Liked bee (cassian's robot) n brasso his friend. The cinematography is amazing, no complaints

The dialogue, finally its good, just that that officer's boss talking was interesting to hear, these bourne identity fellows know their craft, these are the kind of crews that Filoni n Favreau need, not the muppets that wrote kenobi n book of boba...
    I have no hard feelings against Kenobi director, it had studio interference written all over it..i know she's better than what we got to see, she did make the best mando episode after all..

- - - Updated - - -

While they say ep 1-2 seem slower, it never feels slow, there's a constant of tension n u can feel it in the sound
    For me it's the opposite - this show is far too dark, far too slow, far too gritty, aswell as a cast of no-names besides Casian. Both Boba Fett and Kenobi felt a lot more fun than this. Don't get me wrong, I will still watch it (because Star Wars) but if I had to choose I would rather get another Kenobi than this one.

Both Kenobi and Boba Fett suffered from too few Episodes imo though. No clue why they decided to give more ressources to this one tbh.

So far it's a 6/10 for me, which is sad because I actually enjoyed Rogue One a lot.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

- - - Updated - - -

So very soothing to see you say that, minding what an utter disappointment both Biba Fett and Obiwan were. Will definitely give it a watch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    For me it's the opposite - this show is far too dark, far too slow, far too gritty, aswell as a cast of no-names besides Casian. Both Boba Fett and Kenobi felt a lot more fun than this. Don't get me wrong, I will still watch it (because Star Wars) but if I had to choose I would rather get another Kenobi than this one.

Both Kenobi and Boba Fett suffered from too few Episodes imo though. No clue why they decided to give more ressources to this one tbh.

So far it's a 6/10 for me, which is sad because I actually enjoyed Rogue One a lot.
    I agree. It is awfully slow and I am not really certain the direction they are going here.

I do like Andor and the some of the supporting cast, but honestly this I do feel is as good as other shows.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    I agree. It is awfully slow and I am not really certain the direction they are going here.

I do like Andor and the some of the supporting cast, but honestly this I do feel is as good as other shows.
    Hold on, just gotta shoot that lazers gate i could have walked around..

7+ Year Old Account
    Hold on, just gotta shoot that lazers gate i could have walked around..
    Waffles, I learn a long time ago that you think you are wittier and/or funnier than you actually are.

Even Andor has problems. Andor somehow is able to hid his identity one place, but is too stupid to do so where he lives too?

Oh the guy that came for Andor just happens to have the device to see they are tracking a comm signal so they are tipped off that the security is there?

I mean, seriously, if you actually pay attention, there is silly things in Andor too.
    –The Sith Code

Oh the guy that came for Andor just happens to have the device to see they are tracking a comm signal so they are tipped off that the security is there?
    To be fair, it's not out of the realm of possibility for a member of the Rebellion (I assume that's what he is) to have some means of finding out if communications are being tracked, if you're traveling on your own without backup/support.

Definitely could have done without all that unsubtitled dialogue. That was extremely annoying. Usually when they do that in Star Wars, they at least have someone else on screen to "translate" it for the viewer.