10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    some brave people out in moscow protesting. chanting 'no to war' 'putin to the trenches'. Police are being pretty rough.

how many posting would be doing this : https://twitter.com/Sota_Vision/stat...23472987361281

if this fella wants to flee let him into europe.
    They had time to flee.
    Also protest at this point is pointless. They would have to storm the goverment with guns to stop this.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    no sane person thinks russia will lose to ukraine.
    Precisely what about the last six months has convinced you that Russia actually has a path to victory here?

This latest nuke threat must be ignored as any of the previous ones. The reasoning is entirely idiotic. If you lay claim to a piece of land that doesn't belong to you and think that gives you the right to lob nukes when people take it back, then you're just using nukes to take land with extra steps. If he didn't use them before he likely won't now, if he does then I guess he was always willing to and we'll need to deal with that. This ridiculous justification changes nothing however. Crimea belongs to Ukraine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They had time to flee.
    Also protest at this point is pointless. They would have to storm the goverment with guns to stop this.
    Who are you to judge who is worthy and who isn't? For all you know he has been protesting all this time, and only now he has the opportunity to flee.

They had time to flee.
    Funny that the country idolized by the US right wing nutters has some of the strictest gun laws on the planet, and the lowest chance the regular people mounting an armed insurrection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Funny that the country idolized by the US right wing nutters has some of the strictest gun laws on the planet, and the lowest chance the regular people mounting an armed insurrection.
    You sure about that? Seems to me they're less strict than the Finnish ones:

russian gun control

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    But they have vodka. 1x Vodka + old rag = pretty effective weapon
    Also sometimes soldiers turn on their master. It happened with some countrys.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Xi JinPing apperantly asks for talks regarding a cease fire and reopening a dialogue. Huh.
    China and India are not happy about the war. It has been bad for the global economy. Venture capital funding in Asia dropped precipitously. The drop in 2022 is twice as large of the drop in the US. With China experiencing the largest drop. The flare up of border disputes between the various "stan" countries are worrisome to both China and India.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well duh! Of course that VIP's and their families are protected.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account

I'd say the image speaks for itself
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    You sure about that? Seems to me they're less strict than the Finnish ones:

russian gun control
    Bruh, they need to own a smooth-bore gun for 5 years before they can get guns with rifling, and they can't bring pistols home from the shooting range.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The nuke talk is moot, they are a last resort and frankly not very effective considering nuclear winds don't care about borders. The United States killed more people in Vietnam using chemical weapons than the nukes in Japan. Russia would start this process there they have a large stockpile of biological and chemical weapons to empty out first. The speech only amounts to one thing, this is going to be a long war and who knows how it will play out. I still remember people on this board saying this would be all over within 1-2 months thanks to sanctions.
    I suspect if he escalates it will be with chemical weapons. And if there is solid proof that is accepted internationally that chemical weapons were used then NATO will get involved and fuck his nuke threats.

they arrested a busker playing Grazhdanskaya Oborona songs, saw him belting out Всё идёт по плану. Decent voice.

1000 arrests so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    1000 arrests so far.
    You mean 1,000 volunteers so far*

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    no sane person thinks russia will lose to ukraine. they will declare war if they must. but they will win.
    This is just as stupid as the time you said another civil war would start when Trump was impeached the first time. Russia definitely ain't winnin' at the moment, and considering they can barely clothe their soldiers and their tanks either shoot and don't move or move and don't shoot, I'm wondering where you're thinking this Heart of the Cards esque asspull from Russia and Putin is going to come from to win this.

Here's the thing, even if they "win", they don't win. The world will cut them off and they'll be just as poor then as they are now.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    This is just as stupid as the time you said another civil war would start when Trump was impeached the first time. Russia definitely ain't winnin' at the moment, and considering they can barely clothe their soldiers and their tanks either shoot and don't move or move and don't shoot, I'm wondering where you're thinking this Heart of the Cards esque asspull from Russia and Putin is going to come from to win this.

Here's the thing, even if they "win", they don't win. The world will cut them off and they'll be just as poor then as they are now.
    cmon russia is winning so hard they had to call for a mobilisation and recruit cannibals and murderers from prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I'd say the image speaks for itself
    1) get drafted, sent to Ukraine, immediately surrender and ask nicely if you can gtfo
    2) ???
    3) profit

They had time to flee.
    Also protest at this point is pointless
    It's a numbers game. If enough people take to the streets and tell their government enough is too much they win. This happened already a good 30 years ago all over eastern Europe, no reason to believe it can't work again. Being the first is hard though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's a numbers game. If enough people take to the streets and tell their government enough is too much they win. This happened already a good 30 years ago all over eastern Europe, no reason to believe it can't work again. Being the first is hard though.
    Unfortunately, Putler and the Crew wont hesitate to send tanks against protesters. Russians are still way to passive and loving towards him. It would have to be something major to rile enough of them up enough.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.