Thread: Constantine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    And I can only pity you that waste your time watching things you don't like just so you can argue about them with people that do. Seems like a sad life.
    Why would you pity me though is well beyond my reach of knowledge.
    And I am quite content with leaving it at that, tbf.
    Am quite content with discussing our personal interests in a thread dedicated to a certain show, as well.

If I don't like something...that's all the opinion I need. I'm not going to force myself to watch something I don't enjoy just so I can argue about it with complete strangers.
    Maybe you could extend it to not arguing with those who don't like something.
    Why would you argue with someone who doesn't like what you like?

There's plenty of things people like that I find "less than mediocre"...but you won't see me jumping into threads to argue about them. I just let people enjoy the films and tv shows they like.
    Undoubtedly.
    I see you jumping on people who don't like what you like, though.
    Seems like a sad life.

That'll be all.
    You've been dismissed, Felicia.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    And I am quite content with leaving it at that, tbf.
    Am quite content with discussing our personal interests in a thread dedicated to a certain show, as well.

Undoubtedly.
    Seems like a sad life.

That'll be all.
    You've been dismissed, Felicia.
    Pot... meet kettle...
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Keanu gets work because while he may not have a ton of range, he has an interesting way of acting. He is a bit like a subdued Nick Cage, but he still stands out on screen inspite of his subtlety.
    I'm not a huge fan of Keanu, but he was great as Constantine and really look forward to the next one. It may not be comic book or whatever, but it works. Keanu also did really well with the roll even though there is no material for him to base off of, his reluctant hero status and self loathing were palpable.
    He also has a bunch of scenes with some really good top 10 style actors in that movie, and he comes out on equal footing with them, Stormare, Swinton, Shia, and Djimon.
    Rachel Weisz is really the only person who stood out negatively from an acting stand point. She's kind of always been that way though.

If you really want bad actors who constantly get work:
    Charlie Hunman, Jai Courtney, Emilia Clark, people like that stand out for being being boring and out of place in pretty much all their roles.

By this logic, Cheese Larson is a good, daresay, perfect actress.
    Wouldn't you agree?
    Sorry, I can't self identify as a woman so I can't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    That is why he is the perfect action movie star. The more plain and inexpressive he is, the easier it is for the average male viewer to imagine ourselves in his character's shoes, being the hero of the movie.
    Sorry, I can't self identify as a woman so I can't comment.
    Do you identify as "perfect action movie hero"?
    Do you identify as "plain and inexepressive"?

If no, then how come you're commenting?

Do you identify as "perfect action movie hero"?
    Do you identify as "plain and inexepressive"?

If no, then how come you're commenting?
    Yes and yes.

Though the "inexpressive" is just because he is such a perfect canvas to project myself on.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I mean years ago I would have been excited for this, now it feels to late. I mean it was 17 years ago, though if they get Peter Stormare back to play Lucifer, I might have to watch it, as his portrayal is probably my favorite.
    He is a great actor and did a good job but as the bible says, Lucifer is the prettiest angel and Peter didn't fit this, they should have made Tilda Swinton the Lucifer instead.

Yes and yes.

Though the "inexpressive" is just because he is such a perfect canvas to project myself on.
    what's the problem with projecting and identifying as such a perfect inexpressive canvas as Cheese Larson?

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Keanu gets work because while he may not have a ton of range, he has an interesting way of acting. He is a bit like a subdued Nick Cage, but he still stands out on screen inspite of his subtlety.
    I'm not a huge fan of Keanu, but he was great as Constantine and really look forward to the next one. It may not be comic book or whatever, but it works. Keanu also did really well with the roll even though there is no material for him to base off of, his reluctant hero status and self loathing were palpable.
    He also has a bunch of scenes with some really good top 10 style actors in that movie, and he comes out on equal footing with them, Stormare, Swinton, Shia, and Djimon.
    Rachel Weisz is really the only person who stood out negatively from an acting stand point. She's kind of always been that way though.

If you really want bad actors who constantly get work:
    Charlie Hunman, Jai Courtney, Emilia Clark, people like that stand out for being being boring and out of place in pretty much all their roles.
    I have to refute Charlie Hunnam and Emilia Clark.

Both of them have very expressive faces and body language and while neither of them are genuine chameleons, like some of the better actors can be - I would not call them boring or out of place in even most of their roles, let alone all of them.

Rachel Weisz is great and I don't think she was bad in Constantine. miscast maybe, but not outright bad

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post

Both of them have very expressive faces and body language and while neither of them are genuine chameleons, like some of the better actors can be - I would not call them boring or out of place in even most of their roles, let alone all of them.

Rachel Weisz is great and I don't think she was bad in Constantine. miscast maybe, but not outright bad
    Can you suggest a good Emilia Clarke movie?
    I was disgusted with her and her acting over Terminator 5: Phymosis

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post

Idk man, their expressiveness is somewhere in the range of I have to poop to explosive diarrhea. Hunman is the worst because he generally has a blank face where he looks like he forgot his lines, followed by an onslaught of bathroom faces. Emilia Clark is a meme for her poor overly exaggerated expressions.

Doesn't mean I absolutely hate them though Hunman is alright in The Gentleman and Clark was good in some of GoT. Maybe one day they'll win me over with a role that really exemplifies what should be their type (I wasn't a huge fan of Ryan Gosling but he was great in Blade Runner and that movie with Russell Crowe so I can handle his stiffness in Drive or his other roles where he just isn't great and always half smirking)
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2022-09-21 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Idk man, their expressiveness is somewhere in the range of I have to poop to explosive diarrhea. Hunman is the worst because he generally has a blank face where he looks like he forgot his lines, followed by an onslaught of bathroom faces. Emilia Clark is a meme for her poor overly exaggerated expressions.

Doesn't mean I absolutely hate them though Hunman is alright in The Gentleman and Clark was good in some of GoT. Maybe one day they'll win me over with a role that really exemplifies what should be their type (I wasn't a huge fan of Ryan Gosling but he was great in Blade Runner and that movie with Russell Crowe so I can handle his stiffness in Drive or his other roles where he just isn't great and always half smirking)
    I guess it depends on the personal perception, because I though Hunam was great on both Del Torro movies he was in, I kinda loved him in Son's of Anarchy and his debut in queer as folk was something else, just off the top of my head. and I don't think Clark's expressions are overexaggerated. I think they are the right amount of readable emotion.

meanwhile.. the only roles I liked Russell Crowe in, were when he was either playing psychopaths, or just generally mentaly ill people. /shrug

Because it's sad that someone chooses to do things they hate instead of doing things they love. Choose love, friend.

I'm not going into your house and starting a fight. You're coming into mine.

Undoubtedly.
    Seems like a sad life.
    Oh I have no problem with people not liking the things I like. What concerns me is this troubling behaviour of forcing yourself to watch shows you hate...just to antagonize the people that like it. Seems like a cry for help. Maybe what you need is a hug?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I wish they would've continued the tv series.
    Me too bud
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Its always nice to see the few of us still around who have any clue about this movie, this role, with this actor.

And yes, yes - everyone's performance of Lucifer's is 2nd to Viggo's in The Prophecy.

And if anyone reading this has never seen this gem of the 90s - get it in your life. Its just so awesome. Christopher Walken, Eric Stoltz, Viggo Mortensen (before anyone knew him!) - this movie just doesn't get the attention it deserves.

On TOPIC: I'm here for it because, yeah, loved this movie back when it was released and always wondered why it never got a sequel. But yes, also hoping better than Matrix 4. *crosses fingers*
    I think I've watched all the Prophecy films. Didn't realize Viggo Mortensen was Lucifer in the original.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    He is a great actor and did a good job but as the bible says, Lucifer is the prettiest angel and Peter didn't fit this, they should have made Tilda Swinton the Lucifer instead.
    Tilda Swinton isn't very attractive although she is pretty in the film and more attractive than him if they wanted someone super attractive they would need to pick someone else imo. I liked Peter's portrayal and appearance in the film. He's got a nice white suit one might expect of an angel but underneath is something more sinister that is the result of his own actions which is shown by his tattoos slightly poking out from the suit and who also clearly doesn't follow the rules(doesn't wear shoes).

Although the tv series was more accurate and I do like it I prefer the film. Not sure I want a sequel though.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Tilda Swinton isn't very attractive
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK, YOU!

How dare you.

Because it's sad that someone chooses to do things they hate instead of doing things they love. Choose love, friend.
    Oh, I chose love alright.
    I love to hate bad movies and series, namely all the recent marvel series.
    They are either hilariously bad or infuriatingly bad, but at least we can laugh at stupidity with my fiancee, and I love when she giggles with me or mockingly curses me for making her watch garbage like she-shrek.
    Imagine that: we were both so stunned by the 4th episode, we sad almost perfectly still until bursting into an uncontrollable fit of laughter at the sight of the "superpowered influencer" arriving at the court: I mean, her wig and her makeup...))

I'm not going into your house and starting a fight. You're coming into mine.
    I don't see no tablet stating this is your house.
    As far as I can tell, forums are a public space.
    You might wish to reeavluate your approach if you see a public space as a home space.

Oh I have no problem with people not liking the things I like. What concerns me is this troubling behaviour of forcing yourself to watch shows you hate...just to antagonize the people that like it. Seems like a cry for help. Maybe what you need is a hug?
    Well, I won't deny I love watching trash stuff like marvel series!
    There, now I feel better after letting it out of my chest, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK, YOU!
    How dare you.
    Well, she's not...conventionally beautiful , so to say

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I think I've watched all the Prophecy films. Didn't realize Viggo Mortensen was Lucifer in the original.
    Yeah, I don't know when I realized it myself (he's only in the first one) because really he's only on screen in TP for a few minutes but at some point it registered when his name flashed across the screen (opening credits I think? its been decades since my last watch). I do know that by the time LOTR hit the movie theater, I knew him well enough to whisper "I love you more than Jesus" when Aragorn is in the "dark and quiet" scene with the broken sword and his elf-love. =D

Actually I can't help but hear that line in my head anytime Viggo comes on screen. He's an amazing actor and I've loved him ever SINCE TP so its not that I only see him as Satan when he's playing other characters. Its just such a great line, delivered in that scratchy-whisper voice, that I can't help but hear it when I see his face.

Also - sorry to everyone who loves Pacino's Satan. I love Pacino too - but I wasn't impressed with his Satan, at all. Actually, I wasn't impressed with that whole movie really either, and I know, I know, I'm one of the few people who wasn't. But maybe because after The Prophecy, a Satan having a bunch of sex as a lawyer and messing with people's heads, just isn't all that "impressive" or "different" to me. Gotta take Viggo's Satan over Pacino.

keeping on topic! -

I did enjoy Peter's portrayal of Lucifer in the first Constantine movie - even though we only get a handful of minutes with him. But I love him in everything I've seen him in - so that doesn't surprise me, either. I'd just rather see Viggo if we're picking from "guys who played the role before" (ha) because I'd like to see him play that character again (and would love the easter egg/homage to include him in that role lol). But it would be equally as cool if they DID bring Peter back for the Constantine sequel (and help with continuity).

As for Keanu and acting - I've watched Keanu act since I was 12 and the first Bill and Ted movie came out. (And I've lost track how many times I watched that movie over the years). I can acknowledge he's not the best actor ever - but I don't agree he's the worst, either. I love watching HIM on screen and him picking more action-movies the last few decades to play to his strengths (and not his weakness, say, as a 'strong emotional actor') is brilliant on his (or his agent's) part. Even if he is only among the 'mediocre actors' of the field, I'd happily watch him over many others. I don't ask for all my actors in every movie to be Oscar-worthy. He acts "good enough" for me to be immersed and believe what I'm seeing on screen and enjoy the hell out of it. He takes his job/work seriously, he gives his best, he certainly trains his ass off when necessary, and, at least to all reports - is a genuinely nice human trying to live his life. Gotta respect it.

If this was a remake of Silence of the Lambs and Keanu was playing Hannibal - yeah, I'd be disappointed in that choice. I'd still see the movie because I'm willing to give Keanu a chance there, but I wouldn't be expecting Anthony Hopkins level acting. But its NOT Silence of the Lambs. Its CONSTANTINE!! And Keanu can play that all day, every day, far as I'm concerned - just fine.

And yeah, we were all robbed of the great Series that got canned. Stupid TV.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.