Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Please, please, don't go YUPPIE on us.
    Talking about the potential use of nukes isn't going Yuppie. Going Yuppie is Fetishizing nukes so much that anytime a war breaks out you beat your dick so raw it barely has time to heal by the time your ban is lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    cmon russia is winning so hard they had to call for a mobilisation and recruit cannibals and murderers from prisons.
    Putin is a genius. He's going to lower Russia's incarceration rate by 95% within a month. Russia going to get best place to live award 2023 with no people in prison(cause they are either dead or still fighting/captured in Ukraine) and 200 acres selling for 1 US dollar.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2022-09-21 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Unfortunately, Putler and the Crew wont hesitate to send tanks against protesters. Russians are still way to passive and loving towards him. It would have to be something major to rile enough of them up enough.
    This is likely to count, given the response: Fleeing, renewed protests, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    This is likely to count, given the response: Fleeing, renewed protests, etc.
    We would need to see hundreds of thousands of people in the streets for any monumental change in russia. Again, very unlikely to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    We would need to see hundreds of thousands of people in the streets for any monumental change in russia. Again, very unlikely to happen.
    Small acorns, etc. or: "pienistä puroista syntyy suuri joki", as they say. But yes, more are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Oh come on, we need some nukes:

....even if they are just to imagane....
    Fake. Real nuke would lift off and then boomerang back to the launch site and explode. That's the real ruzki military tech.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Unfortunately, Putler and the Crew wont hesitate to send tanks against protesters. Russians are still way to passive and loving towards him. It would have to be something major to rile enough of them up enough.
    fortunately for the protesters, all the working tanks got donate to Ukraine.

But in all seriousness. Its easy to sit here in our western democratic safety and talk about how the people should rise up. I doubt many here would be willing to risk their own life to make a (seemingly) futile gesture of protest.
    I probably wouldn't. And I can't blame the Russians that just want to get on with their life for doing the same.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Fake. Real nuke would lift off and then boomerang back to the launch site and explode. That's the real ruzki military tech.
    Or only get halfway to target because someone knicked the fuel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    fortunately for the protesters, all the working tanks got donate to Ukraine.

But in all seriousness. Its easy to sit here in our western democratic safety and talk about how the people should rise up. I doubt many here would be willing to risk their own life to make a (seemingly) futile gesture of protest.
    I probably wouldn't. And I can't blame the Russians that just want to get on with their life for doing the same.
    Lets hope someone valkyries putin. Succesfully, this time.

100.000 protesters would be nice, but you really only need 1 protestor. With a gun. Near Putin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't imagine there's a whole lot of tanks that haven't been sent to Ukraine or been salvaged for parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Can't imagine there's a whole lot of tanks that haven't been sent to Ukraine or been salvaged for parts.
    They've lost about ~10% of their total stock. We'll see how much of the rest is in working condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    They've lost about ~10% of their total stock. We'll see how much of the rest is in working condition.
    I wouldn't be surprised if half of them are partly made out of plastic and cardboard just to keep up appereances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Seeing how many of that 10% were barely functional, I wouldn't put any hope in the next 90%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    China and India are not happy about the war. It has been bad for the global economy. Venture capital funding in Asia dropped precipitously. The drop in 2022 is twice as large of the drop in the US. With China experiencing the largest drop. The flare up of border disputes between the various "stan" countries are worrisome to both China and India.
    If they even decrease the violence, China looks like a peacemaker and leader on the world stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Went to https://pikabu.ru/ - russian reddit clone to read some auto translated comments.

"We had 200k soldiers near border, only 6k dead, where's the other 194k - why do we need mobilization?"
    "So we haven't even started and we already ran out of soldiers and declaring mobilization?"
    "Explain why mobilization is needed if there are no losses?"

Some valid questions from some ruskies. Yea, I understand the sarcasm.

Lots of highly upvoted posts suggesting that "Z-patriots" should sign up - and then some lowly upvoted posts with screenshots that they did sign up. Wow. Such a divided nation, like USA - trumpers vs others.

Some posts with photos of summons to military recruitment offices - and most upvoted comments suggesting to buy warm socks, underwear, pads for boots, etc, etc - what in the fuck, I'm in the queue to join basically national guard, some coworkers joined already - and our military provides all this high quality gear, you can't buy anything warmer or more comfortable from like hunting stores, it's top notch; russia is truly a third world army.

Some people reminisced about serving like 5 years ago - apparently training at most was for 4 hours a day, most of the days there wasn't any training, a lot of conscripts didn't even got to shoot a rifle! What the fuck, they say that they built summer homes for their officers, washed cars, etc, what in the hell, corruption is truly amazing in rusland.

Another amazing thing - apparently it's perfectly legal and common practice to fire them from civilian job once they are called to serve. What the fuck. Here every workplace is required by law to hold their position and firing someone when he gets called to serve (or if you're in a national guard and volunteer for a mission) is unimaginable.

And another amazing thing - so, if you have a mortgage, and you get called to serve in russia - you have to keep on paying the mortgage. What the fuck, needless to say, payments here are suspended for the duration of service...

https://imgur.com/1VR8oyI - yes, soon indeed xDDD

https://imgur.com/fzbjHHk DDD

https://imgur.com/fmm9CuR okay lots of these memes

"I can already hear how in the yard those who glued Z on the windows of their cars are hard at work with scrapers" D

---

Well that was fun to read some russian reddit.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Seeing how many of that 10% were barely functional, I wouldn't put any hope in the next 90%
    No no, some folks are saying they still have all of their aces up their sleeve.
    Nevermind them resorting to recruiting prisoners and buying ammo from NK. Let's just Jedi handwave that away.

10+ Year Old Account
    What to make of this:

Putin coughing fit

There was the announced address, then nothing and now there's multiple outlets reporting on this, mostly tabloids of course. I suspect a kernel of truth somewhere here, given the delay. (but obviously also a bale of salt and great potential for wishful thinking.)
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-09-21 at 10:11 PM.

Over 1300 arrests in a single day now.

And a number of pows have been released, including azovstal defenders and UK and US nationals who had been captured, in a prisoner swap that involves Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Over 1300 arrests in a single day now.

And a number of pows have been released, including azovstal defenders and UK and US nationals who had been captured, in a prisoner swap that involves Saudi Arabia.
    drafting people who get arrested now at police stations, so much for shoigus promises.

Looks like they were swapped for Medvedchuk

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    drafting people who get arrested now at police stations, so much for shoigus promises.
    What did he pinky swear... that only reservists of right age get called?

Very good speech by Biden at the UN, not just about Russia but also Iran and the need for reform at the UN.

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2022/...ations-charter

Words are good but what is required is actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    If they even decrease the violence, China looks like a peacemaker and leader on the world stage.
    I mean, "talked a mad, genocidal country into ceasing their genocidal rampage months after the they had already genocided and rampaged when said mad, genocidal country could have stopped at any time" doesn't exactly scream "peacemaker" to me.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.