Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does it matter if it's boring when it loops? Who stays on that screen long these days?
    True true. And the wrath loop didn't ever get boring really. Good point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Dragonflight will have the biggest exodus of mage players historically in the game. Since vanilla, I have never seen the class being so incredibly neglected, while having one of the biggest communities with some of the most knowledgeable players still active, yet completely ignoring their feedback. No idea how the Mage dev who thinks Shadowlands is the best iteration of Mage is still allowed to work on the class.

And it looks we really are in the old cycle - months ago everyone was saying "they just released the mage trees, there will be plenty changes and nothing is set in stone". Well, it we are soon at release candidate version and they havent made even a single change based on literal hundreds of pages of feedback on Mage.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/upcomin...nflight-328465

INB4 "lol 1 month ago". You said they "havent made even a single change based on literal hundreds of pages of feedback", so there you go.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-22 at 08:09 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Dragonflight will have the biggest exodus of mage players historically in the game. Since vanilla, I have never seen the class being so incredibly neglected, while having one of the biggest communities with some of the most knowledgeable players still active, yet completely ignoring their feedback. No idea how the Mage dev who thinks Shadowlands is the best iteration of Mage is still allowed to work on the class.

And it looks we really are in the old cycle - months ago everyone was saying "they just released the mage trees, there will be plenty changes and nothing is set in stone". Well, it we are soon at release candidate version and they havent made even a single change based on literal hundreds of pages of feedback on Mage.
    Um, they did update the trees in response to player feedback, and it made folks happy from what I can gather. Youtubers like Xaryu were crying their eyes out prior to the changes, now they look more or less satisfied by the results.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Still no music?
    That's usually one of the very last things to be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

INB4 "lol 1 month ago". You said they "havent made even a single change based on literal hundreds of pages of feedback", so there you go.
    All 3 threes have fundamental issues about which there are hundreds of pages posted on discords and official forums which are not addressed, primarily shoehorning all 3 into Shadowlands mind-numbing playstyles, considered by majority worst than previous iterations. Talents added like Temporal Warp were specifically highlighted as they have literally the same issues they had in Legion when originally introduced. So no, a joke of a post making a few rank changes and still a useless class tree arent changed which the community posted hundred of pages about.

Anyone else get jebaited with an extra PTR on the battlenet subscriptions webpage only to discover it's for Wrath Beta, not DF?

Love the login screen, it's so beautiful and since they made it available my desktop background.

It's great that the talent trees get a specific background and some neat little animations. It's not much, but it adds so much to the system. Visually, they're killing it again.

Oh and the Balance changes and supposedly new talents are fantastic as well. A lot of great stuff in the last build.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-09-22 at 09:08 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Still no music?
    Pretty much always added in the last 2-3 builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    That's usually one of the very last things to be added.
    I remember SL having a few pieces very early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

To be honest, all three Mage still have huge fundamental issues, and the class tree still is kinda shit. None of the specs are fun to play. For Fire, they took literally every single worst thing about it from Shadowlands and called it a day, for Frost, they took the one thing away that actually made it fun in SL (Icy Propulsion) and for Arcane, you are still pigeon-holed into the Arcane Harmony Kyrian Playstyle.

The fact that Mage gets no communication whatsoever when Priest/Druid/Warrior gets like five blogposts every week is kinda annoying as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The fact that Mage gets no communication whatsoever when Priest/Druid/Warrior gets like five blogposts every week is kinda annoying as well.
    I mean, for weeks we literally had a litany of complains that priests/druids were in radio silence while hunts had weekly updates.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-22 at 10:15 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Priests and Druids got absolutely nothing for the entire duration of Alpha. Those five blogposts is literally all they got since testing began.

You're blowing things way out of proportion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kinda worried about the state of new mounts with the launch of the Expansion. They seem to prune more and more mounts from the journal with each build, now the Storm Proto Drake is also gone. The initial alpha had like ~50+ new mounts, now we are down to 27 (plus the four dragonriding ones). I really hope they add the missing recolours and the Storm Proto, because if they listened to the "too many recolours" crowd I'll be pissed ...

In other news, the new "Soulshape Ottuk" we get for the 500 mounts achievement is super cute and finally something unique, I just hope they now also add the armoured ottuks again.

Also, PvP tints are finally in:

Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-22 at 11:18 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    According to leak, we are 5 weeks away from pre-patch and 10 from launch. Today would be good day to start revealing dates, I hope they won't wait until people will be bored with Wrath.

Kinda miffed that the fire red variant of the armor is Elite PvP only. Seems a bit scummy that such a unique coloration is hidden behind not just endgame PvP, but will be unobtainable after the first season like always. Even more so when the raid has such low variety in coloration, especially between LFR and HC.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Kinda miffed that the fire red variant of the armor is Elite PvP only. Seems a bit scummy that such a unique coloration is hidden behind not just endgame PvP, but will be unobtainable after the first season like always. Even more so when the raid has such low variety in coloration, especially between LFR and HC.
    What? We got a lot of different and unique colours this time, lfr is green, normal is yellow, heroic is a really unique bright blue that looks nothing like the lfr set and mythic is the light purple which tbf looks a bit too much like the pvp version but it fits with the raid's last boss. I'm actually super happy with the colours this time, the pvp elite tone looks quite bad on most classes anyways imo.

Also, the pvp one will look super awesome on any shadowmoon orc
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-22 at 11:58 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Also, PvP tints are finally in:

I’m somewhat thankful the PvP sets are the tier sets. Wasn’t a major fan of what we thought the PvP sets were.

Here’s to hoping that Blizz lets the tier sets be visible on the Dracthyr after all like Ion said.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-09-22 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Damn elite is red, guess I’ll be doing a ton of solo shuffle on my shaman.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    According to leak, we are 5 weeks away from pre-patch and 10 from launch. Today would be good day to start revealing dates, I hope they won't wait until people will be bored with Wrath.
    Didn't double check it, but someone last night in my guild raid mentioned that previous prepatches have mostly been announced 1-2 weeks in advance only.

Ofc the expac release date should be much sooner
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread