With the sharks currently circling... I bet Donnie is asking himself a couple of the questions from this mashup a lot lately!

With all the shit he has done, I had forgotten that he had publicly mocked a disabled dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You have no valid criticism.

That about sum it up?
    I register that as your opinion. I hold a similar one. Your opinion is off-base, ill-informed, and driven by motivated reasoning and adherence to narrative. I certainly couldn't hold my views if I didn't acknowledge those that believe the same is true about me.

"They can't have the documents because they're executive privileged, but they can only be executive privileged by Trump, because it also falls under attorney-client privilege such that Trump uniquely retains the right to not only view them but to declassify them at his complete leisure"
    You're still off. "They can have the documents, because they were subject to a valid search warrant. They can't claim all 11,000 have no valid assertion of executive privilege, so they were obligated to screen for that in their review of what was seized. Their failure to do so was, among other things, a valid reason for the appointment of a special master to oversee the process that the FBI neglected."

I never said they can't have the documents.
    I have no idea of your meaning in "executive privileged by," in the sense that you're making a verb out of a noun.
    I only used attorney-client privilege in the sense that the DOJ admitted error in that before the judge, and in making comparisons to help very confused people understand privilege as a topic. They DOJ already knew to screen for attorney-client privilege, and (mostly) did so, so of course they could've also performed the same for executive privilege.
    I have never said "Trump uniquely retains the right to not only view them but to declassify them at his complete leisure."

If you're very sure of the wrong summary you tried to make, then quote back some things I've said that gave you such a wrong impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    This is why I also quoted the part about lawful gov't purposes:
    It's in the paragraph addressing the constitutionality of the act of Congress. An FBI investigation is not congressional created and run, therefore not of "important congressional purposes."

Again, criminal investigations are a lawful gov't purpose. If the opinion was restricting itself only to archival interests, lawful gov't purposes wouldn't have been included.
    You're stripping the entire paragraph ...

(c) Given the safeguards built into the Act to prevent disclosure of materials that implicate Presidential confidentiality, the requirement that appellant's personal and private materials be returned to him, and the minimal nature of the intrusion into the confidentiality of the Presidency resulting from the archivists' viewing such materials in the course of their screening process, the claims of Presidential privilege must yield to the important congressional purposes of preserving appellant's Presidential materials and maintaining access to them for lawful governmental and historical purposes.

...into the last five words of the last sentence. This is entirely without good purpose. It severs the contextual meaning of a specific act of Congress in order for you to try to make it say what it does not say.

The US v Nixon referenced here is not about the issuance of a subpoena by congress, but about the special prosecutor's access, and it was while Nixon was still president. The criminal case was derailed by pardon, not claims of executive privilege. It details how the judicial branch got access to the comms, and denied executive privilege applied for criminal investigations even while the president was still in office. Congress' access was through a different case and was decided 8-0 against nixon. The comms are not sacrosanct.
    Before we move on, can you first admit that (1) you were wrong to say what I previously quoted was not from Nixon vs GSA ("I quoted from the opinion" ... "No, you didn't. You quoted cannon's opinion"), and (2) US vs Nixon was not, and I quote you here, "US v Nixon was the criminal case"

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53914588
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53914657

We have two very basic factual misunderstandings in your last few posts, and I'm not willing to see you progress in other arguments you're attempting to make, without resolving past arguments you've neglected to resolve. I have very little faith that you're wedded to these new nuances you brought up in new posts, given the rate at which you've ceased to defend your old posts. In short, show me what you post matters to my understanding of what you wish to say, or I'll simply give you a couple of weeks to arrive at an argument you're going to stick to and not abandon two replies later.

Hey @tehdang what do you think of your boy trump’s claims that the FBI “thought he had Hillary’s emails and that’s why they raided him?”
    Such claims have no merit. What do you think of your girl hillary's claims that Trump was an illegitimate president, or that Trump knows he stole the 2016 presidential election?
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Such claims have no merit. What do you think of your girl hillary's claims that Trump was an illegitimate president, or that Trump knows he stole the 2016 presidential election?
    Seeing as she wasn't doing so as an excuse to try and get out of lying about retaining national security secrets that she illegally stole like Trump was... no, it really doesn't. Even moreso considering Trump is the one actively on trial. How many active criminal and civil investigations is Hillary Clinton currently facing?

And seeing as she didn't direct people to attack the capitol building or try and subvert the election in an extremely well-documented fashion that has resulted in numerous arrests and criminal and congressional investigations, Trump is still doing worse than her on that front too.

I mean, you can't even pick an example to criticize Hillary on that Trump just hasn't done abjectly worse on.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-09-23 at 01:15 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I register that--
    Not only has Trump still not declared any form of privilege under oath, there's now a lengthy appeals court ruling basically saying "don't bother".

You went from "I have nothing" to "I have less than nothing". Come back when Trump actually asserts privilege under oath, until then, your point you've been defending for 14 days is completely imaginary, and is as irrelevant as it is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Not only has Trump still not declared any form of privilege under oath, there's now a lengthy appeals court ruling basically saying "don't bother".

You went from "I have nothing" to "I have less than nothing". Come back when Trump actually asserts privilege under oath, until then, your point you've been defending for 14 days is completely imaginary, and is as irrelevant as it is wrong.
    He's having a hard time making a point because Trump's point is so vague, shifting, and unfounded, so he doesn't really know what he should be parroting.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Cobbledick...lol.
    Even though it was correctly pointed out this forum isn't the place when @tehdang literally was requesting homoerotic sex tapes involving Trump a couple weeks back, I do think Cobbledick is the appropriate response for the inquiry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Even though it was correctly pointed out this forum isn't the place when @tehdang literally was requesting homoerotic sex tapes involving Trump a couple weeks back, I do think Cobbledick is the appropriate response for the inquiry.
    I think you maybe confusing what said poster may/may not have wanted. It was to Gobbledick, not Cobbledick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I think you maybe confusing what said poster may/may not have wanted. It was to Gobbledick, not Cobbledick.
    Oh yeah yeah, I do see that now. My bad. Thanks.

Sydney Powell failed to show up for her Grand Jury hearing today.

https://news.yahoo.com/former-trump-...210641587.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Sydney Powell failed to show up for her Grand Jury hearing today.
    Seems like the Party of Law and Order just wants to sit at home watching reruns. Failing to appear for a subpoena, barring you know illness or an accident, should result in an arrest.

Seems like the Party of Law and Order just wants to sit at home watching reruns. Failing to appear for a subpoena, barring you know illness or an accident, should result in an arrest.
    Yep, I thought a bench warrant was issued for her, but apparently not.

Seeing as she wasn't doing so as an excuse to try and get out of lying about ...
    Really just asked you about what you thought about your girl and that, but if all you got is an explicit comparison, then I'll settle for that! Trump's claim you just described has absolutely no merit, full stop. No comparison to your girl's actions implied. It's just an unrelated question that was on my mind.

Not only has Trump still not declared any form of privilege under oath
    Sounds like we'll have something to talk about if and when he is put under oath!

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    when @tehdang literally was requesting homoerotic sex tapes involving Trump a couple weeks back, I do think Cobbledick is the appropriate response for the inquiry.
    I was actually surprised that people took the assertion of literal dick-sucking non-literally, but not the rejoinder to it. Schrödinger's joke, or maybe this is feigned literalism in a second layer to the joke.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Really just asked you about what you thought about your girl and that, but if all you got is an explicit comparison, then I'll settle for that! Trump's claim you just described has absolutely no merit, full stop. No comparison to your girl's actions implied. It's just an unrelated question that was on my mind.
    Please post constructively.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like we'll have something to talk about if and when he is put under oath!
    And that sounds like admission you haven't had anything to talk about yet. Considering, you know, you were wrong at every turn and it hasn't even happened yet.

Please post constructively.
    Just explaining how I interpreted your answer. I have nothing more to add.

And that sounds like admission you haven't had anything to talk about yet. Considering, you know, you were wrong at every turn and it hasn't even happened yet.
    I'm responding to your hypothetical about Trump under oath, since we both know he hasn't been put under oath. Anything further is in your own imagination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm responding to--
    Still not posting constructively, I see. Your entire point for literally two weeks was about privilege that, not only has Trump never invoked, we now have a court ruling that says it wouldn't matter if he did. You have less than nothing to contribute.

On topic: Trump will have to pay Dearie's assistant $500/hour and God help him if he tries not to pay him; Chris Christie is openly mocking Trump and getting applauded for it; Trump accidentally called himself 'former' on FOX News and tried to backtrack by once again invoking nonexistant fraud; and basically every lawyer who's not paid by Trump thinks Trump is going to jail.

Critics said the suit strikes at the heart of Trump’s self-portrayal as a successful property developer who made billions, hosted the reality TV show The Apprentice and promised to apply that business acumen to the presidency.

Laurence Tribe, a constitutional law professor at Harvard University, noted that the civil component “involves things of particular significance to Trump and his family and his organisation, namely their ability to defraud the public, to defraud banks, to defraud insurance companies, and to continue to subsist through corruption. Without all of that corruption, the entire Trump empire is involved in something like meltdown.”

Tribe added: “Trump is probably more concerned with things of this kind than he is with having to wear an orange jumpsuit and maybe answer a criminal indictment … As a practical matter, this is probably going to cause more sleepless nights for Mr Trump than almost anything else.”
    We also have more on Trump's fraudulent property values. Apparently, he valued an apartment in Trump Tower at $327 million. That's three times the NYC record, and 21 times the Trump Tower record. Oh, and he lied about it's size by threefold...that's awfully American Pie sounding.

He also said he could build 2,500 homes on his Scottish land, he lied, the permit was for 1,500.

He claimed Trump Tower Chicago was an $850 million loss while still getting Deutsche Bank loans with it.

Ten years of rampant overvaluation on his biggest properties is not an accident. That's a pattern of felonious behavior. Oh, Trump Org itself is about to go on trial, yes that's a separate thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/22/polit...rds/index.html

What do some Republican Senators think about Trump's mishandling of classified documents?

They're very concerned.

Interestingly they're not backing him on this, and those that won't oppose his handling are at least refusing to directly answer the question because "I don't know the proper methodology" or something to that effect.
    There's been a rift in the GOP ever since the Georgia runoffs. Leadership certainly recognizes that Trump's more liability than asset at this point, but they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. His base is fickle and unreliable, but in many districts they need every last vote they can get, and in some districts there's a risk of getting primaried by an unelectable q fanatic.

There are a small handful of Republicans with safe seats or who have post-Trump aspirations, and those are the ones willing to call him out. The rest are either Trumpists themselves, or lickspittle opportunists.

So yesterday Trump was interviewed by Sean Hannity. Naturally, he took this opportunity to make a strong defense of his actions, to set the record straight, and to prove that the government's claims against him are entirely meritless.

...Just kidding. He asserted once again that there's no process for declassifying documents, that as the president he can declassify things just by thinking it, and that he declassified "everything." And then he said this:
    Trump: There’s a lot of speculation, because of the severity of what they did, the FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago, were they looking for the Hillary Clinton emails that were deleted, but they are around someplace...
    Hannity: Wait, you’re not saying you had it--
    Trump: No no, they may have thought that it was in there.
    Hannity: Okay.
    Trump: And a lot of people said, the only thing that would give the kind of severity that they showed, actually coming in and raiding with many many people, is the Hilary Clinton deal, the Russia Russia Russia stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoo boy.

So, let's talk about DWAC and CyberTrump 2077.

Truth Social has announced plans to sue the SEC for, I swear I'm not making this up, not investigating them fast enough.

The SEC has stalled its review of our planned merger with DWAC, having failed to act despite DWAC having filed its registration statement more than four months ago. This inexcusable obstruction, which directly contradicts the SEC's stated mission, is damaging investors and many others who are simply following the rules and trying to expand a successful business.

In light of the obvious conflicts of interest among SEC officials and clear indications of political bias, TMTG is now exploring legal action against the SEC. Despite the increasing weaponization and politicization of government agencies, Truth Social will continue its expansion plans, supported by the unprecedented levels of user engagement on the platform.
    No, really, that quote is real.

"So naturally, seeing relief is on the way when Trump obviously wins, the stock price soared, right?"

DWAC stock price dropped 5.47% today, 31% over the last seven days.

It is also worth noting that one of the reasons the DWAC vote is delayed is because so many individual stock owners makes it hard to get a quorum, apparently. And here's where things get ugly. See, right now it's trading for barely under $17. If they give up and go home, the shares are worth $10. So anyone who bought in, say, April through June when the price was about $45, will lose $28 per share if they sell their share, would lose $35 if the deal ends, and there seems to be no reason to believe they'll come close to breaking even.

DWAC is very likely shedding investors like Trump sheds friends and allies. They can try to get new ones, but that's going to be tough. The company is a literal laughing stock. They have money they can advertise with, but if the deal falls apart, they have to return that spent money...which they can't get, because the company is toxic. And the SEC could come crashing down at any time, especially since Trump literally invited them to do that with this threatened lawsuit.

And then there's that PIPE deal I mentioned earlier. If that goes through, the bottom drops from $10 to $2, and the stock price drops further -- and more people sell off in a panic.

Now, someone has made money on this. The people who got in on the ground floor at $10 would still make money if they sold now, but I don't think they can. I think they sold months ago. The best way to do business with Donald Trump is to flee business with Donald Trump immediately.

And, on top of "this is a business run by a soon-to-be-bankrupt felon" there's the overhanging issue of Trump was trying to get into a saturated market. It's always been a bad product and never got inertia. It's #59 on the Apple Store, behind Find my Phone.

There's another vote coming up apparently, and if it doesn't go through, they have to spend their own money to stay afloat until December.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    So yesterday Trump was interviewed by Sean Hannity.
    I wonder how often GOP politicians wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night...dreading the fact that they've hitched their political careers/legacies to this delusional buffoon, of all people.