Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    This was not a bad idea, but in this age of post-homogenization players are going to keep complaining about how it makes them 5% less effective than another healer on certain fights or something.
    If it actually were a 5% difference I doubt as many people would care, because 38yard vs 40yard isn't a very big difference. This is a 25% difference, that is a significant and noticeable difference.

It was a terrible idea, because it presents the problem of either designing all encounters around the 25 yard max range or the class being entirely benched because it isn't worth changing your strat to accommodate the one class that has a messed up range. The exception for benching it would be if the class is OP enough to justify bringing it over a more convenient class to incorporate to your strat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If it actually were a 5% difference I doubt as many people would care, because 38yard vs 40yard isn't a very big difference. This is a 25% difference, that is a significant and noticeable difference.
    A 25% reduction in range does not mean a 25% reduction in healing output.

It was a terrible idea, because it presents the problem of either designing all encounters around the 25 yard max range or the class being entirely benched because it isn't worth changing your strat to accommodate the one class that has a messed up range.
    The design is already there. A Preservation Evoker would be at a disadvantage in spread-out fights like Darkvein or Shriekwing, but would be completely fine in clump-up fights like Sludgefist or Stone Legion Generals. Worse comes to worse, if the range is that big of an issue, you assign them to tank or melee group healing.

This is really not as dramatic as you're making it out to be, but homogenization always wins in WoW so I suspect Evokers will have their 40y range by the end of Dragonflight.

30 yards isn't mid-range.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Likely because those aren't super competitive groups, in which case who cares what's good, do what's fun. Clearly not the target audience for detailed mechanical discussions. "But me and my friends don't care!" stifles any argument, so why even bring it up tbh.
    https://raider.io/characters/kr/azshara/묘은

You don't need to play what's good unless you're pretty much world first raiding or doing the highest of keys, which I would bet pretty much nobody on this forum is doing.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2022-09-24 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    https://raider.io/characters/kr/azshara/묘은

You don't need to play what's good unless you're pretty much world first raiding or doing the highest of keys, which I would bet pretty much nobody on this forum is doing.
    Zero need to argue with the sky is falling guy. As usual his motives aren’t the homogenization or balancing of the cutting edge hall of fame tier for classes. Instead, for whatever reason he has already decided (like a casual) that he will main an Evoker in Dragonflight and now will complain as much as possible in order to get every buff and improvement for his chosen class to make up for his lack of skill.