15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshyyy View Post
    They just disabled it weeks ago in order that the rating doesn’t drop.
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/th...iews?type=user

Funny then that it shows people rating, and reviewing, 15 mins ago. It was an hour ago when I first loaded the page so it is showing reviews from people. I'm not sure why you created an account here just to complain about RT though.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if am the only one who can’t rate rings of power on rotten tomatoes?

Every series or movie when i scroll down i can rate.

Expect rings of power.

It’s also worth to mention that the Audience Score is 39% for weeks without 1% in change, either down or up.

I can’t rate it there.

And it appears Amazon is deleting ratings on their website to this day.

1 star ratings that got approved, you can’t find them when you click in the confirmation mail.

Other ratings are rejected because of reasons.

Google it on YouTube amazon deletes rings of power ratings

But it’s weird that rotten rating isn’t moving and you can’t rate it for weeks.

I contacted the rotten support and asked why i can’t rate it here is the response:

September 08

Thank you for contacting Fandango, we are reviewing your request and will respond as quickly as possible.
    Please allow up to 72 hours to receive a response.

September 12

Thank you for your email and interest in Rotten Tomatoes.

Your Inquiry has been sent to the appropriate department.

Since than no reply, and ghosting. Replied two times and never got a answer

Edit:

Created a fresh account (go on rotten and sign up) and you can’t rate rings of power all other movies are allowed and other series expect rings of power.

Fuck that that’s the explanation why the Audience Score isn’t moving down or up.

They just disabled it weeks ago in order that the rating doesn’t drop.
    Hi universalgirl, another ban evading account. You're gonna bombard us with woke gifs again?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Funny then that it shows people rating, and reviewing, 15 mins ago. It was an hour ago when I first loaded the page so it is showing reviews from people. I'm not sure why you created an account here just to complain about RT though.
    Problem solved, still suspicious what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    In the preface to her scintillating picture book of poems for young readers, Mahogany L. Browne provides this definition of “woke”:

It means to be aware. It means to see your surroundings and challenge how we strengthen our relationship with the government, the community, and nature. To be WOKE is to fight for your civil rights and to fight for the rights of your neighbors…The idea of being aware of your surroundings, especially in a time when we are taught to be quiet and not rock the boat, can be difficult to embrace, but this is where our freedom begins.

The events of the last week are calling us to become woke. They are calling us to listen, especially to Black voices unleashing decades of pain and injustice. They are calling us to expand our bookshelves and our social media feeds to include more voices of color (hereweeread and theconsciouskid are a great place to start for parents). They are calling us to talk to our children about difficult topics like race, privilege, and racism and help them revise their summer reading lists to include stories by people of color. They are calling us to begin the uncomfortable and long-overdue work of examining the way our own whiteness makes us complicit in the sickness of systemic racism, because until we change what’s in our hearts, we can’t lead our children to do the same.
    So you need to adapt it into a Fantasy Show?
    Last edited by Marshyyy; 2022-09-25 at 03:09 AM.

So you need to adapt it into a Fantasy Show?
    What's your problem, exactly? Do you hate awareness of injustices and social problems, or are you just, idk, straight-up run-off-the-mill racist?

The show is shit, but there's zero reason to believe that it's shit because it has diversity in it, or that if this was all white male dude bros it'd be less shit. The problems go WAY deeper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    What's your problem, exactly? Do you hate awareness of injustices and social problems, or are you just, idk, straight-up run-off-the-mill racist?

The show is shit, but there's zero reason to believe that it's shit because it has diversity in it, or that if this was all white male dude bros it'd be less shit. The problems go WAY deeper than that.
    Well the problem is that you hire and cast based on race and amazon ideology.

They are following their rules, and when you create a show based on ideology you see the result.

Aiming to include one character from each of the following categories in speaking roles, with minimum 50% of these to be women: LGBTQIA+, person with a disability, and three regionally underrepresented race/ethnic/cultural groups. A single character can fulfill one or more of these identities.

press.aboutamazon.com/news-releases/news-release-details/amazon-studios-releases-inclusion-policy-and-playbook-strengthen/
    Last edited by Marshyyy; 2022-09-25 at 03:34 AM.

Well the problem is that you hire and cast based on race and amazon ideology.

They are following their rules, and when you create a show based on ideology you see the result.
    So your are seriously saying that THIS is what made the show shit? Diverse casting?

I'm just making doubly sure that this is indeed what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    hey they rabid defender of the indefensible, i'm going to ignore all of the egregious and absolutely reprehensible bastardisations of the established lore, and i was looking for someone to maybe try and explain to me how this is allowed to stand:
    Lol “the indefensible”. It’s always a laugh what you drama queens will come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You see there is a difference between changing lore and expanding lore.. even though some sticklers insist the latter is the former.. for me, expansion is fine.. as long as you keep the core and dont' change the spirit.

THe hobbit expanded a lot of lore in those 3 movies, those expansions were fine, some even nice, they certainly fit within the lore, and the disappointment about the Hobbit was not as much what it expanded as opposed to how some elements were presented, still it had the air of the original movies, just not quite the finesse.. almost like they were a lot more careless on this one or not as hungry or desperate for it to be a master piece.

still, it was miles better than Rings of Power who actually changes the lore, and not in a nice way.. sure it's not terrible, but it ruins the fantasy and the feel of Lord of the rings. The elves are cheapened, Galadriael comes off very unlikeable, no stately grace you would expect of an immortal and one that clearly is leadership material.

She is written more like an angry lad, or a lesbian's idea of what a tough chick should be, which would be finde if that was the original character, or the elves were like that, but it's not the original character. And while there are lots of holes to fills that ou can make up all kinds of stuff, there are certain things you shouldn't do because they change too much.

Like the HIGH elves, the HIGH elves losing their light randomly, and then needing and willing to swindle or deceive dwarves to get it - that's not high elf like, and it's lore-ruinous route to take even though by itself it's not a bad story, even an interesting one, but it doesn't ffit Tolkien elves, it more fits Warcraft elves or Warhammer elves where their creators use adjectives to describe a race they don't really understand because they don't understand of haven't thought well enough w hat Wise, immortal and fair actually means.

I also do not expect an immortal race to look lik an old man nor the grace of the Eldar in Valinor, witht he Valar, have children behave so despicable -it feels more like humans not elves, and obvious attempt to create some sort of complex in Galadraiel to explain why she turns out into this very un-Tolkien Galadriel, - while the visioning of Galadriel will be cool on it's own as a different character and a different race - it is not cool as Galadriel from the novels, especially after seeing such a portrayal in the movies.

They were way off, the way they wrote her, they should have made her a Numenroean , not an elf, and elves should have been secondary characters like they are in LotR and the Hobbits

I know right.. they changed the lore, without understanding who they were changing (or understanding, and just not caring, but pressing on to do what they want - why? because they either have a message to preach or they think they're just better) - that's not how the elves of Tolkien would have been like or reacted - if you are going to make up new stuff for in between the lines of his work, the least you should be is consistent to that work so it believably passes off as Tolkien's Lord of the rings world.

I feel this is an alternate fantasy, for lord of the Rings, it's bad fan fic and subversive - ideology and views injected into someone else's work, makes it not based on the person's work but an alternative version of their world basically riding on it's coat tails to put your own stuff out.

In and of it self, it's not a bad anything, but it's more on the level of a warcraft or warhammer - not on the level of Lord of the Rings, which it boldly claims to be.

The elves just don't feel like elves, they don't come across as wise, regal, immortal, gallant nor gorgeous -t hey come off as merely pretty humans , lacking any more insight than their lessers - this is because the writers themselves can only write to their own limitations.
    On Galadriel, I started wondering wether her characterization could be drawn from a conscious homage to or an inconscious inspiration from Greta Thunberg...

I guess it would be in line with the tendency of inserting modern topics...
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Lol “the indefensible”. It’s always a laugh what you drama queens will come up with.
    but it is indefensible, not even looking at the diversity and inclusion mandate making this a mess, ignoring the butchering and bastardisation of the lore, the amateur showrunners and writers proving with every episode released they are incapable of telling a decent story, a special effects team that is so bad at their job it's comical, amateur casting of no-name actors in leading roles showing that they shouldn't have been cast in the first place.

looking at the entire whole so far, it's nothing but a money laundering scheme because i refuse to believe anyone paying premium pricing for these sorts of services would be so amateurish in presentation, it's actually astonishing to me that this was allowed to happen, and frankly the sooner someone intervenes and gets rid of the identity politics messaging, the piss poor quality writing, and hires actually competent special effects teams worth a damn, then and only then does this project stand any hope of succeeding, because currently it's going one way, and that's down the shitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I didn't saw a single elf that look like an elf in this series, its not about "how media portrays then" its how Tolkien portrays then, because those media copy tolkien description in the first place

The elves look like humans and some of then are either too ugly or too old to actually be tolkien elves, Celebrimbor look like this guy:

and he is supposed to be younger than Galadriel

Galadriel somehow could look elvish, if she was less insufferable, but i don't think the actress - while very pretty - fit to be Galadriel.
    TL;DR How to not know Tolkien and still talk.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    hey they rabid defender of the indefensible
    This is where we cut to the clip of Zack Snyder disavowing toxic cunts like the one whose video you linked, right? "Indefensible" indeed.

At what point will people realise that they're never going to convince anyone that their reasons for disliking something are wrong. Keep fighting the good fight...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    At what point will people realise that they're never going to convince anyone that their reasons for disliking something are wrong. Keep fighting the good fight...
    I couldn't care less about convincing the idiots who made up their minds months ago when they saw the wrong people in the trailer and rushed to their preferred youtube hatemonger for validation. People can dislike the show for any reason they want. Orby and Biomega have somehow managed to find a way to do it without spreading that self-same youtube filth all over the thread, though. Strange how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    It's mostly just chest pumping really...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    TL;DR How to not know Tolkien and still talk.
    If you want to pass out as tolkien expert point to me when tolkien Said Celebrimbor was a old guy

10+ Year Old Account
    So since Adar means father in Sindar, could he be the first Elf turned into Orc by Morgoth?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So since Adar means father in Sindar, could he be the first Elf turned into Orc by Morgoth?
    Well, he doesn't seem orcish enough for that. Since he seems to hate/resent Sauron and wants to become a god himself, my guess is that he's just an opportunist. If that's true about his name, it could just be something he allowed the orcs to call him when he did...whatever he did...to earn their allegiance.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Can we all just agree that Halbrand is Sauron now?
    /shrug They're playing him up pretty hard as not-quite-Aragorn. Seems pointless to waste that on "oh by the way, he's just been the Big Bad all along." Turning him into the Witch-king would be pretty dope, though. Or, he could just end up being a guy. Not everyone has to be someone super special from the lore, do they?
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-09-25 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Well, he doesn't seem orcish enough for that. Since he seems to hate/resent Sauron and wants to become a god himself, my guess is that he's just an opportunist. If that's true about his name, it could just be something he allowed the orcs to call him when he did...whatever he did...to earn their allegiance.

/shrug They're playing him up pretty hard as not-quite-Aragorn. Seems pointless to waste that on "oh by the way, he's just been the Big Bad all along." Turning him into the Witch-king would be pretty dope, though. Or, he could just end up being a guy. Not everyone has to be someone super special from the lore, do they?
    The first Orcs were transformed elves. The further through generations they kept being tainted by evil, the uglier they get. The RoP orcs are less ugly then their LotR counterparts. It could be the first orcs were just scarred elves, especially if he was the first one. Him resenting Sauron could be because he thinks he was his master's favorite and hates Sauron for taking over in stead of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much to do with Rings of Power (although there are some references) this is a good video if you have 15 minutes

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Does Adar resent Sauron though? His anger could just be because he mentioned his name in the open like that.
    I still think they are there because of orders of him and it's supposed to have some secrecy to it. The half that left haven't even heard of the connection to Sauron from what I can remember. Them defecting would be a survival move and slowly get assimilated into their army. Him dropping the name like that could jeopardize the plan of corrupting the men.
    Error 404 - Signature not found