View Poll Results: Would you buy a lvl 70 boost on release day if it was available that skips leveling?

Voters
99. This poll is closed
  • Yes

20 20.20%
  • No

73 73.74%
  • Maybe

6 6.06%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I get it that it's an mmo, but at this point I feel like I have leveled so many characters and it's always the same, just a different package (kill 10 mobs, get 10 items, ...) that I would actually consider it if they were to make such a think available (maybe not on day 1, but on day 7 or something).

Personally I don't care about the lore at all, only about the combat mechanics at max level. Technically it's also not pay to win since you only skip the levelling part.

Curious about how others feel about this.
    no because i enjoy leveling in wow. thats what each first tier of expansion is for me about. i play a lot on my main m+ / raiding and chill out level up alts. then 2nd tier i slowly gear them up and intier 3 i push m+ hard on them . thats how im finishing SL with 13 alts above 2k score and nicely geared

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I fucking despise the leveling experience in SL and if DF is the same then I am really NOT looking forward to leveling.
    seems like mmorpgs are not for you then .

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I would absolutely not buy, or use, a boost on release date.

Dozens of hours of content, story, introducing the factions, the villains, building up to the major events.... and you'd just skip all that so you can do a couple of dungeons and complain about the lack of content?

Oh boy.
    Your comment makes no sense. People aren't looking forward to doing any content, but people are looking forward to having fun. Blizzard can add 100 levels worth of content and lore for all I care, but if that content is as bad the SL questing is, then people will complain and even call it a lack of content, because they don't want to play it. So yeah Quality > Quantity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    seems like mmorpgs are not for you then .
    If you want to troll then just don't reply to me please.

I despise the leveling experience in SL, not leveling/questing in general, but then again it doesn't surprise me that you don't really read anything before clicking on reply.

So yeah, the leveling in SL is fucking garbage and it comes to no one's surprise that people not only hate this expansion so much, but many old and new players don't even to really give it a try with such a bad leveling experience (before you can even get to the "good" stuff).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Gotta underline this bit.
    This is why i dislike these boosts.

Though i've gotta say SL levelling stands on a depth below all others so far in my opinion, Legion was decent-ish and BfA was actually nice imo (though annoying that we got only three zones).

Also nice name.
    Yeah Legion and BfA were quite nice IMO in this regard and I mainly think it is because every time you leveled through these places you had a much larger choice and more freedom to do stuff at what pace and in what order. Of course they also had quite a bit of linearity, but it wasn't this hard forced (you cannot start doing endgame content even if you are level 60 in SL, you must actually finish the main questing once) and it made sense for story reasons.

Of course, in SL, being in a detached afterlife and the bad story overall doesn't help the leveling either. Especially when you level through it now and actually know that absolutely none of the story during the 50-60 leveling is relevant. There are like almost no interesting or relevant characters you get to meet either. The only notable characters are Lady Moonberry and Denathrius.

Your comment makes no sense. People aren't looking forward to doing any content, but people are looking forward to having fun. Blizzard can add 100 levels worth of content and lore for all I care, but if that content is as bad the SL questing is, then people will complain and even call it a lack of content, because they don't want to play it. So yeah Quality > Quantity.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to troll then just don't reply to me please.

I despise the leveling experience in SL, not leveling/questing in general, but then again it doesn't surprise me that you don't really read anything before clicking on reply.

So yeah, the leveling in SL is fucking garbage and it comes to no one's surprise that people not only hate this expansion so much, but many old and new players don't even to really give it a try with such a bad leveling experience (before you can even get to the "good" stuff).

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Legion and BfA were quite nice IMO in this regard and I mainly think it is because every time you leveled through these places you had a much larger choice and more freedom to do stuff at what pace and in what order. Of course they also had quite a bit of linearity, but it wasn't this hard forced (you cannot start doing endgame content even if you are level 60 in SL, you must actually finish the main questing once) and it made sense for story reasons.

Of course, in SL, being in a detached afterlife and the bad story overall doesn't help the leveling either. Especially when you level through it now and actually know that absolutely none of the story during the 50-60 leveling is relevant. There are like almost no interesting or relevant characters you get to meet either. The only notable characters are Lady Moonberry and Denathrius.
    This shit is so true it hurts.
    Doesn't help that it all compounds eachother.

I am carefully optimistic regarding DF, in this regard, but only very carefully so.
    Any impulse to worsen the levelling experience - such as maxlevel boosts - should be avoided with extra precaution imo.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

With how many people in this thread declaring they'd buy a boost to skip the leveling experience, I'm wondering if they're either forgetting what kind of company Blizzard is or how much they're willing to pay to skip playing for ~10 hours.

It's not like Blizzard would have differentiated prices based on the level of the character you're boosting.

So if you're skipping from 60-70 you'd be paying $60/€50 on top of what you're paying for whichever version of DF you've bought.

I didn't personally find the Shadowlands experience to be particularly engaging, either regularly or through the threads of fate system, but God knows I wouldn't pay to skip from 50-60 regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    As a heavy leveler and lore nerd, this is a sad and true statement, one that I came to realize upon the opening of a temporary realm (a little like WoD, though, WoD did have more people of notice and interest).

Though I would not want to see a max boost at the start, it is one of the most dumbest ideas/thoughts on the field. Heck, if a boost came out, I would expect it to have a media clause stating that the ones being boosted to 70 may not complain about jack shit for the first half a year, and they should start naked without a hearthstone or anything in Tanaris, and even then, they are feeding into it being actual P2W unlike the other boosts that basically offers you an old shortcut, a 70 boost is you buying the ability to skip everything that the expansion expect you to do.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'd sooner burn money than purchase a leveling boost on its own.

The quality of the story doesn't particularly matter too much to me past the first character I take through the campaign. Dragonflight's leveling experience could contain some of the best writing that WoW's ever produced, and it would mean almost entirely nothing to me on my second, third, and thirteenth go around. The reverse is true as well. I don't necessarily bemoan a bad story like Shadowlands' when it comes to leveling alts; it'll decay in my mind to the about the same neutral state that a good story would, almost immediately, and thus stop mattering.

It's really just the simple act of doing all the usual stuff and quests, pressing all the usual buttons, that carries me not only through leveling, but the game entire. And it's fun. Sure, I'll use like the preorder boost when I get one, but I'd probably never pay to hurry myself through that just for the sake of it. If I ever get to the point where I'd rather buy a 70 boost than just plain old level an alt, then that'll probably be the point where I think it's time for me to just take a break from the game. Because playing that boosted character is probably not going to be any more fun at that juncture than if I'd just leveled it, so what was the point?

3+ Year Old Account
    A whole lot of ppl would pay for max lvl boost a week after launch, and if possible at day 1 aswell.

For me personally I have preferred to level up at least one character, usually two by the 2nd month of release, to max level and started grinding endgame gear before I feel like leveling another is just too much for me; so for me I would possibly consider a boost if I wanted a 3rd max character (or possibly my 2nd one if the leveling experience was really poor that expansion).

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Uh, this is in the DF subforum...
    You'd be shocked if the average mmo-champion commentors could read

Nah, I enjoy questing the first time around, it brings me a certain catharsis and I have no reason to rush endgame as I am not in a hardcore raiding guild or anything.
    Would I pay to skip it on my alts? Possibly, doing the same story over and over does get rather stale after the first few times.

Absolutely not. Fairly certain my enthusiasm for the endgame would completely collapse if I didn't have the experience of levelling to balance against it. Even if its only a vanishingly small portion of Dragonflight in the grand scheme, i would still not appreciate the first HC dungeon, or doing endgame activities, if I didn't get to feel like I was anticipating that part first.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

getting to 60 wasn't only extremely boring and tedious, but it also took us a very long time
    Just curious. If leveling from 50 to 60 is tedious, boring and long, how do you find farming torghast, anima, conduits and the like? Cool and fun?

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Just curious. If leveling from 50 to 60 is tedious, boring and long, how do you find farming torghast, anima, conduits and the like? Cool and fun?
    I found torghast pretty damn fun, specially early on before the nerfs to combos and tanks. Far as a legendary acquisition grind? Best they've ever done.
    Outside a handful of worldquest very early on, i've never farmed for anima and conduits just drops nonstop from doing content. Cosmic is also showered over you so not really farmed anything except gear, some transmog and mounts. Been a really good expo in that regard.
    Last edited by tomten; 2022-09-25 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling errors

You say my comment makes no sense, yet on a thread regarding "release day" of a new expansion, which literally means -new content-, you're already trashing it and bashing it without having experienced it.

So, how exactly are you judging new, unreleased content before it's even released?

And i'm the one that doesn't make sense, yeesh.

The first time you experience said content is always exciting, even if it ends up being bland, boring or just not to your liking in the end. Gotta experience it once to form an opinion, i reckon.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2022-09-25 at 06:43 PM.

You say my comment makes no sense, yet on a thread regarding "release day" of a new expansion, which literally means -new content-, you're already trashing it and bashing it without having experienced it.
    So, how exactly are you judging new, unreleased content before it's even released?
    People do have beta though, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    People do have beta though, just saying.
    If you think it's the same, more power to you, i guess.

If you think it's the same, more power to you, i guess.
    I didn't say I think the same as him, I'm just pointing out people do have beta (including myself) and maybe he just genuinely feels that way?
    Personally I think DF looks beyond amazing for the zones, dragon flying is awesome and such a quality of life with no flying on launch. Questing is questing, not really what I like but its like any other expansion pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I thought Torghast was fun in principle, the weekly grind back in 9.0 was not though.

As for anima and conduit: This is totally different than the leveling process. First of all anima is completely optional and if you weren't looking to get certain transmogs or sanctum stuff done you could've just completely ignored it. Other than that, specifically farming anima is boring, but you'd get it passively mostly anyways.

Conduits: You get this stuff just by doing other content, you can't even compare this with leveling, totally different beast.

- - - Updated - - -

And i'm the one that doesn't make sense, yeesh.

The first time you experience said content is always exciting, even if it ends up being bland, boring or just not to your liking in the end. Gotta experience it once to form an opinion, i reckon.
    I have leveled on the Beta and know how the leveling process looks like, everybody else knows it already too who hasn't played. It's not like after so many expansions and so much info available that you cannot draw any conclusions at all. If everyone says it's like leveling in SL and bad, then saying DF leveling will be bad too is not a hard to make conclusion isn't it?

Of course doing stuff for the first time will be more exciting than doing the same over and over, but just because the former is more exciting doesn't mean it is fun and that people like it. No reason for you either to be a Blizz fanboy despite implying yourself that the content isn't good.

So yeah you make no sense with your own comments and conclusions.

You'd think for a huge company like Blizzard that used to be known for making high quality games would be able to deliver on making a fun leveling experience, considering how the leveling actually used to be amazing before SL.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-09-25 at 09:43 PM.

You'd think for a huge company like Blizzard that used to be known for making high quality games would be able to deliver on making a fun leveling experience, considering how the leveling actually used to be amazing before SL.
    Yet another completely insane take from you.

sigh

Why do i even bother. You win, congrats, have a pleasant one.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I get it that it's an mmo, but at this point I feel like I have leveled so many characters and it's always the same, just a different package (kill 10 mobs, get 10 items, ...) that I would actually consider it if they were to make such a think available (maybe not on day 1, but on day 7 or something).

Personally I don't care about the lore at all, only about the combat mechanics at max level. Technically it's also not pay to win since you only skip the levelling part.

Curious about how others feel about this.
    No. It's not even principle in this case it's just a bad idea for my playstyle.
    I care about rep and cosmetics as much as I do running progression. Why blow money on a boost to queue with only people who paid for boosts? I'd rather be helping my guild. I'd have to go back and do the campaign anyway because it's a great source of reputation and unlocking features/toys/mounts/cosmetics/recipes. I'd gain almost literally nothing from boosting day 1.
    And on day 7, I'll already have at least one max level character so the question is moot.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, You should have to experience the actual story before getting into the end game grind. Sure you don't like lore, but if the lore wasn't here there would not be a game to begin with. There are many games that do combat "better" but people still come to this game because they still gotta keep up with the game that had great stories "back in the day" sure the lore has been butchered time and time again, but people still want to stay in the know with their "favorite characters". This game would not be here without its lore.