Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    These are the only elves I'd willingly make an exception for. Well done!

It's creative and unique, unlike what people come up with for Highelves.
    Not really...and High Elves aren't meant to be unique, just the way they should have been in the first place

But Devs who have always loved horde needed a attractive and OP race to bait people into playing horde and it worked hook, line, and sinker

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this is a great idea and would be awesome but here is the problem.

1. It would be fun, and WoW devs don't want that.

2. People actually want this and we can't do that.

3. Why do this when we can do any else because reasons.

4. Last but not least this might actually take work and spending the money raised by for people already invested in WoW into something that progresses WoW for fans.

5. Let's just reskin some things and rerelease previous expansions because people are already willing to give us money for those AGAIN!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

5+ Year Old Account
    It’s kinda cool. Not gonna lie, they remind me a bit of Nightborne but still they really look nice.

That instant knockback racial sounds so sweet, warriors would cry a literal bucket when facing naga mistweavers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Not really...and High Elves aren't meant to be unique, just the way they should have been in the first place

But Devs who have always loved horde needed a attractive and OP race to bait people into playing horde and it worked hook, line, and sinker
    Someone hasn't played Frozen Throne apparently, there's a pretty good reason why Silvermoon left the Alliance.

TBC BE racials were anything but OP. It was marginally useful for rogues in PvP but even there it was vastly inferior to alternatives like orc and WotF. PvE wise there was no reason to play BE over troll, or tauren if you're tanking (not that paladin tanks saw a whole lot of use to begin with... BE didn't have warriors back then). Only later down the road when it was put off the GCD did Arcane Torrent actually become a decent racial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    It’s kinda cool. Not gonna lie, they remind me a bit of Nightborne but still they really look nice.
    I think its the point, to make some kind of Azshara/Hightborn looking nelf which is what the NB are in the first place haha i really like the fishy face ones, but yeah if the person who did these concepts would do more for the nagas forms that would be awesome.

Like i imagine option for more than one tails (like Un'at) , snake hairs, and other things!

More furry crap......?

No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    They are, a very cool concept. I really like it.. I guess this is what they did wtih Dracthyr - except the beast form is the dragonling rather than a naga, and the humanoid form for Dracthyr is very elaborate..

I guess with the Dracthyr, having an elven skeleton would have gone down better if the race was s clearly elf linked, but as it isn't .. this won't have happened here off course, b/c this race is clearly elven based/linked.
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-09-25 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    More furry crap......?

No thanks.
    Yes. Scales are fur. The extremely hard, scaly kind of fur found on most domestic pets and small woodland creatures.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    They are, a very cool concept. I really like it.. I guess this is what they did wtih Dracthyr - except the beast form is the dragonling rather than a naga, and the humanoid form for Dracthyr is very elaborate..

I guess with the Dracthyr, having an elven skeleton would have gone down better if the race was s clearly elf linked, but as it isn't .. this won't have happened here off course, b/c this race is clearly elven based/linked.
    That’s funny, but the Dracthyr’s customization I just don't really like. I like Nightborne though, and this seems to me like a fishy Nightborne version, which is quite lovely. Hehe

I find it interesting how people want so many different types of Elves, with the slightest differences between them.

A potential race that could have worked with an Azshara/N'zoth themed expansion, sadly BFA butchered the chances

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    More furry crap......?

No thanks.
    In furry there is word fur, reptile dont have fur so....they are not furries

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakesis View Post
    In furry there is word fur, reptile dont have fur so....they are not furries
    No. The Furry category also contains a sub-category of anthropomorphic reptiles, named "Scalies". So yes, humanoid reptiles fall into the encompassing notion of "Furries".

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I find it interesting how people want so many different types of Elves, with the slightest differences between them.
    Harkens back to D&D where there were like...12 different subsects of Elves with minor differences yet people would fight over playing them, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    A potential race that could have worked with an Azshara/N'zoth themed expansion, sadly BFA butchered the chances
    Well, Azshara is still around and alive and free of N'zoth, so it is still possible, even more now that there is no longer under the conrol of N'zoth.

Well...if you have read the thread, its about nagas not really elves, if you considere nagas as elves, then trolls are elves too ><

Sorry but no, they are already ruining it with the drachtyr. Learn when to stop.

Dozens of different types of elves is a fantasy staple. See also: D&D and its so very many elves.

Winged elves, Dark Elves, Gray Elves, Wild Elves, High Elves, Aquatic Elves, Demonic Elves, Chaotic Good Celestial Elves, the Other Aquatic Elves because Dragonlance is a mess, Valley Elves, the Third Type of Aquatic Elves because boy I hate Dragonlance (these ones are aquatic dark elves), Greyseer Elves (Underground elves who aren't evil), Snow Elves, Wood Elves, Shadow Elves

I am totally down for playable naga in any way shape or form, mind, and Naga were formerly elves (mind naga should totally be Hordeside due to BElves)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    No. The Furry category also contains a sub-category of anthropomorphic reptiles, named "Scalies". So yes, humanoid reptiles fall into the encompassing notion of "Furries".
    Well ok, i did not know that, but still like....nagas are wanted since vanilla and were even planned to be one of the originale race, and its a faction from war3 so people want them, and saying 'no thanks" because its furries (a concept which ppl didnt even know about back in war3) is just dumb to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Sorry but no, they are already ruining it with the drachtyr. Learn when to stop.
    I dont really get what you want to say here, what they are ruining? What you mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want Nagas, I personally don't want them to have an "elf" form, cause part of their charm is that they are corrupted by the Old Gods power and ended up like that, though the ideas posted by OP looks great, but again, I would prefer them as full Nagas, if I have to go with another race that have 2 forms, I would prefer just Night Elf worgens, but that's just cause it makes sense lorewise and I find silly that the NE after finding a way to suppress the wild nature of the Worgen, have not tried to help their first group of worgens that are still in the Emerald Dream.

1+ Year Old Account
    This is actually really well done. Awesome!