Russia may be weak military-wise at the moment, but that doesn't change the fact that they have done nothing but pillaging-raping-murdering in the past 100 years. There's a good reason why Russia will be seen as a threat until the end of time. Unless Russia collapses badly enough to shatter into multiple smaller nations.

Russian orcs chose to pillage-rape-murder in Ukraine on their own. Plenty of choices ranging from shooting your own military superior officer, surrendering and so on - yet they chose to kill innocents and doing ungodly acts of terror on them. They should be hunted for the rest of their lives, much like their fellow nazis of old.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Russia may be weak military-wise at the moment, but that doesn't change the fact that they have done nothing but pillaging-raping-murdering in the past 100 years. There's a good reason why Russia will be seen as a threat until the end of time. Unless Russia collapses badly enough to shatter into multiple smaller nations.

Russian orcs chose to pillage-rape-murder in Ukraine on their own. Plenty of choices ranging from shooting your own military superior officer, surrendering and so on - yet they chose to kill innocents and doing ungodly acts of terror on them. They should be hunted for the rest of their lives, much like their fellow nazis of old.
    You don't understand. Russia very much prefers to be feared and respected through fear. Only the civilized West and China prefer to be seen as a friend by other cultures. Russia built its entire foreign image upon radiating danger. They're not gonna change that no matter who comes after Putin, they don't have anything else to show for themselves.

And even their combat tactics reflect that. Their officers very much condone murdering, pillaging, looting, and raping, whereas Americans or anyone else from the civilized West would be court martialed for that. Russians love to inspire fear and hate.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2022-09-25 at 04:03 PM.

https://meduza.io/news/2022/09/25/is...zhat-iz-rossii

Apparently Russia is now going to stop eligible men from leaving the country. Bit late I say...

Oh well, the nation the vatniks here on MMO-C love, now treats them as traitors of their mother Russia when they suddenly stopped believing in their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    And by the time they do so, RuZZia might become just Russia. Putin is not eternal, and his cabal's power depends in a very large part on him. Especially with the weaknesses it's shorn by now

How much money do you think screening cost in comparison to what is needed to be spent on something else?

And again, RuZZia is not in a real position to attack even Ukraine right now. Finland's been paranoid about a potential invasion for years and was preparing accordingly. Frankly, this fear is of the same variety that Putin's regime breeds in Russians in regards to NATO, and is just unhealthy from an internal political point of view - just note how you still regard Russia as a threat even after its military failings and deciding to join NATO, this is almost textbook "enemy is both strong and weak" fascist rhetoric.

Also, Finland already has a Russian minority, as does, I am pretty sure, every country bordering Russia, as well as the US (more than a million, according the Wikipedia), Canada, Germany, Brazil and many, many more countries. Are you going to expel them if they are a threat just by being there? Or are you going to understand that "protecting Russian people in Ukraine" is just a convenient excuse by Putin to attack a country that he wanted to hold in his sphere of influence regardless of anything else and considered weak enough to consider his success guaranteed?
    You misunderstand, it always was RuZZia. This latest example just clarified it to even the most stubborn people, or ones with goldfish memory.

The money spent screening is entirely wasted money that does not need to be spent. Nothing of worth comes from it. It's better paid on raises for nurses who have been fighting over one for a while.

Terrorist nation with nuclear weapons will ALWAYS be a threat. Especially one with history full of active terrorism like RuZZia. Doesn't take much intelligence to figure that one out. So you know, you can shove those "fascist rhetoric" up where the sun doesn't shine, all the while RuZZia is doing full nazi germany routine.

Expel them? I'd give a fair choice. Renounce RuZZia, or return to fight in it's genocidal war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Putin has escaped to his secret palace in a forest amid anti-draft protests in Russian cities, report says

Russian President Vladimir Putin escaped to his secret palace near Gelendzhik, about halfway between Moscow and St Petersburg, amid anti-draft protests in Russia, MailOnline was first to report.

According to independent journalist Farida Rusamova, who cited three sources familiar with Putin's schedule, the Russian president traveled to his vacation home on Wednesday.

He has been resting his "body and soul" there, Rusamova said in a Telegram post, enjoying the facilities of the palace, which Putin publicly denies belongs to him.

Allies of the imprisoned Russian activist Alexei Navalny have published hundreds of photos of what they say is the inside of the luxurious building. In a statement last year, Navalny said the palace and grounds had security fences, a port, a church, a no-fly zone, a wine cave, a theater, a gym, a pool, a spa, an "aqua disco," and an ice-hockey rink.

The Anti-Corruption Foundation alleges that it was funded through a scheme in which Putin's inner circle paid the president for access and influence. The Kremlin denies this.

Widespread protests broke out across Russia after Putin announced that 300,000 reservists would be ordered to fight in the country's war on Ukraine.

Hundreds of Russians, including girls as young as 14 years old, have been arrested while participating in the unsanctioned rallies, banned under Russian law, according to reports. OVD-Info said 724 people were detained across 32 different cities on Saturday, per BBC News.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    And by the time they do so, RuZZia might become just Russia. Putin is not eternal, and his cabal's power depends in a very large part on him. Especially with the weaknesses it's shorn by now

How much money do you think screening cost in comparison to what is needed to be spent on something else?

And again, RuZZia is not in a real position to attack even Ukraine right now. Finland's been paranoid about a potential invasion for years and was preparing accordingly. Frankly, this fear is of the same variety that Putin's regime breeds in Russians in regards to NATO, and is just unhealthy from an internal political point of view - just note how you still regard Russia as a threat even after its military failings and deciding to join NATO, this is almost textbook "enemy is both strong and weak" fascist rhetoric.

Also, Finland already has a Russian minority, as does, I am pretty sure, every country bordering Russia, as well as the US (more than a million, according the Wikipedia), Canada, Germany, Brazil and many, many more countries. Are you going to expel them if they are a threat just by being there? Or are you going to understand that "protecting Russian people in Ukraine" is just a convenient excuse by Putin to attack a country that he wanted to hold in his sphere of influence regardless of anything else and considered weak enough to consider his success guaranteed?
    russia is the eternal enemy of Finland. Nothing will ever change that. We'll readjust our strategy once russia ceases to be and just deal with the smaller countries one by one that come after.

Its fine to block visas for Russians and we should do it. If russians want to turn up and claim asylum thats different, they should be allowed to. But travel visas? no. They want to have their cake and eat it at the moment and shouldnt be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    Pretty disgusting that some countries in such situation are closing border because of "russian tourism", when people are running from risk to die in Ukraine for nothing, from dictatorship country where you say or do anything against - being sent to war.
    There is very little part of people that for sure will go, but 90% are not supporting any of this, however opression mechanism is so perfectly developed by Putin that very little can be done. There is many things that needs to be in place to protests be real and working, all of it were wiped out by FSB. It is not like protesting in Europe or US. Its more like protesting in north korea. So dont blame those that are scared, you definitely dont understand reality of dictatorship country citizens are dealing with there.
    So how do you think the war will stop?

One possibility is that the russian people get to the streets and demand it to stop. I said it before, it's a numbers game. If 90% of you actually are not supporting it, this should be easy. No matter how powerful the FSB, they can't imprison 90% of the population.

But to be honest, the only reason you don't support it anymore is that ruSSia wants you to participate. Suddenly it's personal. A bit rich of you being disgusted at other countries when for the last 7 months you had no problem with your own country invading Ukraine. You want to run "from risk to die in Ukraine for nothing" without ever having spent a thought how Ukrainians died for nothing for the last 7 months being invaded by you. Look into a mirror dude, and start rebelling against the oppression you feel at home. Nobody else is gonna do it for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Putin has escaped to his secret palace in a forest amid anti-draft protests in Russian cities, report says

Russian President Vladimir Putin escaped to his secret palace near Gelendzhik, about halfway between Moscow and St Petersburg, amid anti-draft protests in Russia, MailOnline was first to report.

According to independent journalist Farida Rusamova, who cited three sources familiar with Putin's schedule, the Russian president traveled to his vacation home on Wednesday.

He has been resting his "body and soul" there, Rusamova said in a Telegram post, enjoying the facilities of the palace, which Putin publicly denies belongs to him.

Allies of the imprisoned Russian activist Alexei Navalny have published hundreds of photos of what they say is the inside of the luxurious building. In a statement last year, Navalny said the palace and grounds had security fences, a port, a church, a no-fly zone, a wine cave, a theater, a gym, a pool, a spa, an "aqua disco," and an ice-hockey rink.

The Anti-Corruption Foundation alleges that it was funded through a scheme in which Putin's inner circle paid the president for access and influence. The Kremlin denies this.

Widespread protests broke out across Russia after Putin announced that 300,000 reservists would be ordered to fight in the country's war on Ukraine.

Hundreds of Russians, including girls as young as 14 years old, have been arrested while participating in the unsanctioned rallies, banned under Russian law, according to reports. OVD-Info said 724 people were detained across 32 different cities on Saturday, per BBC News.
    Hiding? That's not what someone with a very secure grasp on power does...

This might concern him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

I think you meant his palace near Lake Valdai. Pretty sure his Gelendzhik palace lies on the Black Sea coast, waaay south, and not between Moscow and St Petersburg.

He has many of those palaces... >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Just lol.

Yeah, they can cry their crocodile tears as much as they like. Absolutely no sympathy from here, whatsoever. Like the old tweet goes:

"'I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party."

You assholes cheered for this, and now get to enjoy the inevitable conclusion. I hope it's painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Damn. Couple of days too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Like many Russians, this guy seems to be ok with unspeakable atrocities happening so long as it isn't his own ass on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post

yea 200k men already fled

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Welp, if EU was hesitant on closing the borders...
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Like many Russians, this guy seems to be ok with unspeakable atrocities happening so long as it isn't his own ass on the line.
    He's completely fine with any atrocities, but the european countries refusing to welcome the scum of the earth with open arms is "disgusting". How dare they refuse atrocities apologists. And the Russians will cry and whine about how nobody loves them and Russia is the real victim. They will spout that barely anyone supported Putin or the invasion, pinky promise.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2022-09-25 at 07:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    He's completely fine with any atrocities, but the european countries refusing to welcome with open arms the scum of the earth is "disgusting". And they'll go cry and whine about how nobody loves them and Russia is the real victim.
    The real head scratcher was him coming here and trying to get any sympathy. Like he thought we forgot about his views. Or maybe this is your average ruski mentality? Support atrocities and then do wide eyes when people hold you accountable for that?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    The real head scratcher was him coming here and trying to get any sympathy. Like he thought we forgot about his views. Or maybe this is your average ruski mentality? Support atrocities and then do wide eyes when people hold you accountable for that?
    I actually think that this kind of people is legitimately surprised by any criticism. They are so used to being considered as slaves and meat grinder in Russia. They can't comprehend that this kind of behavior is not acceptable. Their leaders have always raped, pillaged, burned, genocided while being hailed as heroes by the very own people they were mistreating; I guess it's the normality for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually think that this kind of people is legitimately surprised by any criticism. They are so used to being considered as slaves and meat grinder in Russia. They can't comprehend that this kind of behavior is not acceptable. Their leaders have always raped, pillaged, burned, genocided while being hailed as heroes by the very own people they were mistreating; I guess it's the normality for them.
    Nah, they had a pretty chill deal with Putler - they obey and don't mess with politics and he provides them with relative comfort and peace (but now the deal is obv no more). It is their superiority complex. Since childhood they are being pumped full of "russia stronk" propaganda. Masses there are literally taught it was Russia and Russia alone that defeated Nazi Germany and that Western Front didn't even exist. NATO is their enemy, every sanction is unjustified, everyone else loves them, Russia superior slav nation that should control all the others. And now they are getting a reality check.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-25 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's completely fine with any atrocities, but the european countries refusing to welcome the scum of the earth with open arms is "disgusting". How dare they refuse atrocities apologists. And the Russians will cry and whine about how nobody loves them and Russia is the real victim. They will spout that barely anyone supported Putin or the invasion, pinky promise.
    Yup. The Russians now trying to flee are acting upon the instinct of self-preservation rather than suddenly having found morals.

I don't expect them to protest for that later reason at all, but the choice needs to be between them doing it for the first or risking getting sent to the front to eat a 155mm artillery blast to the face, so pressure piles up on the Kremlin for the sake of Ukrainians.