Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Having Banner bleed by an accident in his human form, but She-Hulk after a superpowered punch that sent her flying meters far having no friggin visible injury is inconsistent. It's in the same series. I don't care what other MCU installments have done with their heroes, nor what other movies (lol with Home Alone. It's a fucking joke) have shown. What happened there might make sense in their own frame, story and heroes. Or might not, but have disbelief suspended because of comic relief.

But here, there is an inconsistency of the properties of Hulking. On the same show, on heroes with totally similar, if not identical, superpowers. One bleeds as human, the other takes punches IN THE FACE like it was a schoolyard push.
    And, again, the same thing happens in other shows. I'm not comparing one injury from She-Hulk to one injury in another show, I'm pointing out that your objection about inconsistencies WITHIN the same show/movie isn't justified since that's par for the course. I.e., there's also wild inconsistencies about injuries WITHIN other shows/movies.

In fact, you were SHOWN AN EXAMPLE of that with the Iron Man thing. The comparison isn't between Iron Man and She-Hulk, it's WITHIN those respective works. Injuries sustained are not consistent with the actual situation ALL. THE. TIME. This show isn't special in that regard, and you've yet to explain why you treat it as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it matters. One thing MCU has managed to do for the first time in the history of cinema (and now TV) is to bring to live a huge world where various superheroes are born, grow, make friends and enemies and face great challenges. It is all tied and coordinated. There are rules, known powers with limits and powerful foes that can be overcome despite those limits.

Having Banner bleed by an accident in his human form, but She-Hulk after a superpowered punch that sent her flying meters far having no friggin visible injury is inconsistent. It's in the same series. I don't care what other MCU installments have done with their heroes, nor what other movies (lol with Home Alone. It's a fucking joke) have shown. What happened there might make sense in their own frame, story and heroes. Or might not, but have disbelief suspended because of comic relief.

But here, there is an inconsistency of the properties of Hulking. On the same show, on heroes with totally similar, if not identical, superpowers. One bleeds as human, the other takes punches IN THE FACE like it was a schoolyard push.
    This remains a problem with your refusal to suspend disbelief, not a problem with the show itself. Narrative takes priority over realism in fiction, always.

Also, we have a brawl. We have two opponents, the protagonist and the antagonist fighting. This should have at least some stakes. Something to overcome. Something to actually cause Jen to shift. There should be some cost for the protagonist, who has already "won" the same antagonist twice, and there's not a friggin bleeding nose. Something that would actually deem hulking up necessary to fix it.
    Why? You're literally making every single element of this up.
    It wasn't a "brawl". It may have seemed to be setting up for one, but they never got there.
    The "stakes" were already set early; it's a personal beef between Jen and Titania, and Jen was trying to not ruin her friend's wedding by taking the focus off her. Those are the stakes. You not liking them because they're not serious enough is irrelevant. They're still stakes.
    There is absolutely no requirement that there be any "cost" to the protagonist in a situation like this.
    Worse, there is an obvious, direct cost, and you're just ignoring it.

It all ends up like the same old shit for the 3rd time. So Jen hulks and breaks Titania's veneers.
    Literally did not happen.

You keep insisting on making things up that didn't happen in the show.

She-Hulk didn't do shit to break Titania's veneers. As is very obvious to anyone watching that scene.

Yippeee! Hurrah for the show hero! (not). How thrilling and engaging, and also fun and funny fight! (again, not)
    Nothing about this was meant to be "thrilling". You're blaming the show for not achieving a goal it never set out to deliver.

Now if you call this good writing or acceptable, it's you fuckin' opinion. And it reflects on you. I call it shit. And i will keep calling it shit, every friggin time, despite your obvious wall arguments. You're not winning anything. So keep going. I know i will, as much as i am interested, bothered or entertained to do so.
    I mean, you keep straight-up lying about what's actually going on to try and misrepresent the writing. That's why you get pushback.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    If you'll notice he wasn't ok. He was broken pretty badly.

Technically the way the Other Guy works is that at the exact fraction of a second upon impact, he transforms. Banner has no special resistance to injury but anything beyond minor injuries will cause him to transform because the Other Guy doesn't want to die. The Thor3 movie scene illustrates this poorly. Same goes for the suicide anecdote. As soon as the bullet touches the back of his throat, he transforms.

His power was being suppressed in the She-Hulk show. Enough to slow down the transformation.
    Let's say that this is the same thing that happens with She-Hulk. There are many ways they could have gone with this:

1. Let Banner explain that in the first episode. It would give free reign to the writers to put Jen into various situations and we wouldn't be afraid for her human side.
    2. Actually show this stuff happening: Just a greenish hue on Jen's face or a quarter of a transformation when the impact of Titania's punch comes. Shit totally explained, consistent, showing that She-Hulk can only be injured if suppressed (sedated, wearing an inhibitor etc).

I'm just a friggin' MCU fan and solved a peeve me and others have with the show with like 2-3 seconds of screentime or extra CGI. Something the idiots writing this show didn't do.

And that's one of the reasons the show is SHIT.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say that this is the same thing that happens with She-Hulk. There are many ways they could have gone with this:

1. Let Banner explain that in the first episode. It would give free reign to the writers to put Jen into various situations and we wouldn't be afraid for her human side.
    2. Actually show this stuff happening: Just a greenish hue on Jen's face or a quarter of a transformation when the impact of Titania's punch comes. Shit totally explained, consistent, showing that She-Hulk can only be injured if suppressed (sedated, wearing an inhibitor etc).

I'm just a friggin' MCU fan and solved a peeve me and others have with the show with like 2-3 seconds of screentime or extra CGI. Something the idiots writing this show didn't do.

They literally showed it happening. You're complaining because you don't want to accept what they showed.

Of course it matters. One thing MCU has managed to do for the first time in the history of cinema (and now TV) is to bring to live a huge world where various superheroes are born, grow, make friends and enemies and face great challenges. It is all tied and coordinated. There are rules, known powers with limits and powerful foes that can be overcome despite those limits.

Also, we have a brawl. We have two opponents, the protagonist and the antagonist fighting. This should have at least some stakes. Something to overcome. Something to actually cause Jen to shift. There should be some cost for the protagonist, who has already "won" the same antagonist twice, and there's not a friggin bleeding nose. Something that would actually deem hulking up necessary to fix it.

It all ends up like the same old shit for the 3rd time. So Jen hulks and breaks Titania's veneers. Yippeee! Hurrah for the show hero! (not). How thrilling and engaging, and also fun and funny fight! (again, not)

Now if you call this good writing or acceptable, it's you fuckin' opinion. And it reflects on you. I call it shit. And i will keep calling it shit, every friggin time, despite your obvious wall arguments. You're not winning anything. So keep going. I know i will, as much as i am interested, bothered or entertained to do so.

I am sorry i will not accept inconsistencies by a subpar writer in one of the shows so she can do her thing, whatever it is. It really briings MCU down 2 notches, if not more.

- - - Updated - - -

No, i just want this show to crash and burn. Because it's awfully written. I don't care for winning internet points or fights (lol).

I just hope people read this and make their own decisions.
    Tony Stark gets straight up rocket blasted into a concrete wall face first and falls 10 feet onto the hard ground and doesn't even get injured. That's in Iron Man 1. These types of inconsistencies have existed since literally the beginning. Tony Stark should have died 500 times over. He's a regular guy taking the concussive force of blow after blow after blow. Armor doesn't protect against that. His brain would be jelly after smashing against the inside of his skull that hard. His organs would be liquified like someone that jumped out of a skyscraper.

You are looking for hard world building in a universe that has clearly and emphatically been built on soft world building. Concussive impacts have routinely been shown to be FAR less damaging than they would be in real life, and there has never been any consistency to it whatsoever.
    Last edited by NineSpine; 2022-09-26 at 03:31 PM.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And, again, the same thing happens in other shows. I'm not comparing one injury from She-Hulk to one injury in another show, I'm pointing out that your objection about inconsistencies WITHIN the same show/movie isn't justified since that's par for the course. I.e., there's also wild inconsistencies about injuries WITHIN other shows/movies.

In fact, you were SHOWN AN EXAMPLE of that with the Iron Man thing. The comparison isn't between Iron Man and She-Hulk, it's WITHIN those respective works. Injuries sustained are not consistent with the actual situation ALL. THE. TIME. This show isn't special in that regard, and you've yet to explain why you treat it as such.
    Really? You missed all those Home Alone and Die Hard Videos? All others did, though.

The show SHOULD HAVE BEEN consistent with one of the major abilities of the protagonist(s). By having Bruce bleeding, we have the creation of a new Hulk. the second one in MCU. It is a pivotal moment in the story and it should be fully consistent for the rest of it. Else, you know what? ITS BAD WRITING.

If that Hulk has different abilities or properties IT SHOULD BE TOLD, EXPLAINED, SHOWN. Because then, you delete the inconsistency INSIDE THE STORY, you don't put the onus on the viewers, expecting them to use their suspended disbelief, you're free to go write various shit, that is now acceptable, because it was already explained and you TRIGGER the suspension of disbelief.

And i'm being called a hater of the show, because i expect all of the above from a multimillion dollar company and show.

Which is SHIT.
    /spit@Blizzard

The MCU has been poorly consistent in displaying power levels and action orientated TV and movies very frequently downplay serious injuries for dramatic (or comedic) effect. Could you give us a detailed posting history where you specifically complain about this happening in other movies or television? Or are you only whining about this one scene because you have an axe to grind with this specific TV show?

The Incredible Hulk movie showed the Hulk doing a death dive to trigger the Other Guy. Its arguably the more reasonable version of the same scene in Thor 3 but that doesn't make IH a better movie. Showing a Hulk-sized hole in the ground or Banner's shattered body were for dramatic and comedic effect respectively. Whether they're realistic is immaterial.

The She-Hulk scene was entirely constructed for comedic purposes. Getting sucker punched while drunk barfing is funny. So is Tony Stark getting thrown around by his repulsor boots. A fractured skull or broken neck would break that immersion.

Furthermore, Jen isn't Bruce. She doesn't have an Other Girl. I wouldn't presume her powers would save her from certain death.

The show SHOULD HAVE BEEN consistent with one of the major abilities of the protagonist(s).
    Why? Nothing else is.

Heck the entire Ant-Man movie is a parade of internal inconsistencies, where the whole shrinking thing never works the same. Does his mass decrease or not? How can he have enough mass to knock someone over, but also not enough to squash the ant he rides on?

What makes She-Hulk special, so that it suddenly needs to observe internal consistencies in ways no other MCU stuff - or pretty much any other action movie, really - does?

Really? You missed all those Home Alone and Die Hard Videos? All others did, though.

The show SHOULD HAVE BEEN consistent with one of the major abilities of the protagonist(s). By having Bruce bleeding, we have the creation of a new Hulk. the second one in MCU. It is a pivotal moment in the story and it should be fully consistent for the rest of it. Else, you know what? ITS BAD WRITING.

If that Hulk has different abilities or properties IT SHOULD BE TOLD, EXPLAINED, SHOWN. Because then, you delete the inconsistency INSIDE THE STORY, you don't put the onus on the viewers, expecting them to use their suspended disbelief, you're free to go write various shit, that is now acceptable, because it was already explained and you TRIGGER the suspension of disbelief.

And i'm being called a hater of the show, because i expect all of the above from a multimillion dollar company and show.

Which is SHIT.
    Honestly, this is getting silly because not only has there never been consistency to this and you refuse to deal with that point, but it is remarkably easy to come up with an explanation: Bruce was wearing the inhibitor and Jen wasn't. The inhibitor fully stops the hulkness. Wow, that was hard to explain this meaningless inconsistency that is frankly more consistent than half of what else has happened.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account

It's also not, however much you don't want to admit it, an inconsistency. Banner had a small cut from a massive car crash. Jen just got launched a few feet.

If that Hulk has different abilities or properties IT SHOULD BE TOLD, EXPLAINED, SHOWN.
    You're literally complaining because you reject what you're being shown.

That's what people keep pointing out. No explanation would be sufficient, because you're not willing to accept what you're shown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Honestly, this is getting silly because not only has there never been consistency to this and you refuse to deal with that point, but it is remarkably easy to come up with an explanation: Bruce was wearing the inhibitor and Jen wasn't. The inhibitor fully stops the hulkness. Wow, that was hard to explain this meaningless inconsistency that is frankly more consistent than half of what else has happened.
    We could also point out that Jen could easily have had injuries, including a skull fracture. Plenty of injuries don't "show". And then she'd Hulk out, and the Hulk healing factor would pretty much instantly repair all that.

But we can't consider that, apparently, because Jen doesn't go "oww, I have literally cracked my skull and here is a CT scan that demonstrates explicitly that my skull is cracked and fourteen doctors who all independently confirmed it". She's drunk as shit and when you're drunk, you often barely notice injuries, and when she Hulked, those injuries would be fixed. The whole question is irrelevant and obviously intended in bad faith.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This remains a problem with your refusal to suspend disbelief, not a problem with the show itself. Narrative takes priority over realism in fiction, always.

Why? You're literally making every single element of this up.
    It wasn't a "brawl". It may have seemed to be setting up for one, but they never got there.
    The "stakes" were already set early; it's a personal beef between Jen and Titania, and Jen was trying to not ruin her friend's wedding by taking the focus off her. Those are the stakes. You not liking them because they're not serious enough is irrelevant. They're still stakes.
    There is absolutely no requirement that there be any "cost" to the protagonist in a situation like this.
    Worse, there is an obvious, direct cost, and you're just ignoring it.

Literally did not happen.

You keep insisting on making things up that didn't happen in the show.

She-Hulk didn't do shit to break Titania's veneers. As is very obvious to anyone watching that scene.

Nothing about this was meant to be "thrilling". You're blaming the show for not achieving a goal it never set out to deliver.

I mean, you keep straight-up lying about what's actually going on to try and misrepresent the writing. That's why you get pushback.
    My problem is with the narrative. Because it works different for the two Hulks with no explanation whatsoever. Stop changing what i say just to make a shitty argument.

What i am making up is the OBVIOUS conflict of the episode. You know most superhero shows have one. I am not making anything. It is what it is. Basic Conflict between hero and villain.

The wedding was ruined when Titania hit Jen.

Also, wtf, is the "not ruin the wedding of a long time known person with no contact whatsoever for years" as a stake? Not an important one, as Jen turned. And we saw it wasn't important after all, in the happy end. I would have accepted that as a stake if it went through, but... didn't.

And then we have the BRAWL. The actual superhero part of the show having the two ladies doing a wedding fight.

So, you didn't watch the show and missed Jen's punch on Titania's face, her obvious slow motion distortion of her face and mouth shape from the punch and her broken veneers after the punch.

And you call me a liar. Look in the mirror, dude, pathetically resorting to ad hominems to win the internet fights,

- - - Updated - - -

They literally showed it happening. You're complaining because you don't want to accept what they showed.
    What is "IT"? Jen instantaneously hulking or turning green when taking the punch? LOL, dude, You keep on those straightfaced lies. Don't work here.

Oh, you forgot to mention that the show is fine and that's just an opinion. you know get those internet points back.

- - - Updated - - -

Tony Stark gets straight up rocket blasted into a concrete wall face first and falls 10 feet onto the hard ground and doesn't even get injured. That's in Iron Man 1. These types of inconsistencies have existed since literally the beginning. Tony Stark should have died 500 times over. He's a regular guy taking the concussive force of blow after blow after blow. Armor doesn't protect against that. His brain would be jelly after smashing against the inside of his skull that hard. His organs would be liquified like someone that jumped out of a skyscraper.

You are looking for hard world building in a universe that has clearly and emphatically been built on soft world building. Concussive impacts have routinely been shown to be FAR less damaging than they would be in real life, and there has never been any consistency to it whatsoever.
    I have already replied to this. I don't care what happens in other superhero or not shows. I care for the consistency of this one show between the two hulks and their hulk properties. Geddit?
    /spit@Blizzard

My problem is with the narrative. Because it works different for the two Hulks with no explanation whatsoever. Stop changing what i say just to make a shitty argument.

What i am making up is the OBVIOUS conflict of the episode. You know most superhero shows have one. I am not making anything. It is what it is. Basic Conflict between hero and villain.
    When did human form Bruce get punched in the face and suffer medical consequences in the show? Which episode did that happen in?

The wedding was ruined when Titania hit Jen.

Also, wtf, is the "not ruin the wedding of a long time known person with no contact whatsoever for years" as a stake? Not an important one, as Jen turned. And we saw it wasn't important after all, in the happy end. I would have accepted that as a stake if it went through, but... didn't.
    Jens social anxiety and fear of looking bad in front of other people is a core part of the show thus far. In fact, it's her character's main feature. You failing to pick up on this is frankly embarassing.

And then we have the BRAWL. The actual superhero part of the show having the two ladies doing a wedding fight.

So, you didn't watch the show and missed Jen's punch on Titania's face, her obvious slow motion distortion of her face and mouth shape from the punch and her broken veneers after the punch.

And you call me a liar. Look in the mirror, dude, pathetically resorting to ad hominems to win the internet fights,
    So many assumptions piled on top of each other:

1. Titania hit her with full possible force, rather than a lighter hit to goad her.
    2. Titania hits as hard as She-Hulk.
    3. Jen has no protective power whatsoever when she isn't green.

Yes, it we pile up baseless assumptions, things become inconsistent....in a universe that has never been consistent about concussive impacts.

- - - Updated - - -

I have already replied to this. I don't care what happens in other superhero or not shows. I care for the consistency of this one show between the two hulks and their hulk properties. Geddit?
    The only thing inconsistent here is your arguments. This was just you:

Last edited by NineSpine; 2022-09-26 at 03:59 PM.
    -ynnady

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The MCU has been poorly consistent in displaying power levels and action orientated TV and movies very frequently downplay serious injuries for dramatic (or comedic) effect. Could you give us a detailed posting history where you specifically complain about this happening in other movies or television? Or are you only whining about this one scene because you have an axe to grind with this specific TV show?

The Incredible Hulk movie showed the Hulk doing a death dive to trigger the Other Guy. Its arguably the more reasonable version of the same scene in Thor 3 but that doesn't make IH a better movie. Showing a Hulk-sized hole in the ground or Banner's shattered body were for dramatic and comedic effect respectively. Whether they're realistic is immaterial.

The She-Hulk scene was entirely constructed for comedic purposes. Getting sucker punched while drunk barfing is funny. So is Tony Stark getting thrown around by his repulsor boots. A fractured skull or broken neck would break that immersion.

Furthermore, Jen isn't Bruce. She doesn't have an Other Girl. I wouldn't presume her powers would save her from certain death.
    Why the hell you posting all of this? I gave 2 easy to fix ways of this inconsistency. The writers never even thought there was one, despite it existing. That's why the show is BAD, and i am all for explaining my opinion on it.

You know, since i haven't posted on any other show, they probably were accepted at least as ok. But this one is BAD. If you think i am saying it is BAD, because of a hidden agenda, then go write some TV. It's gonna be as BAD as this one, but hell you will make moniez.

Trying to attribute perfectly valid reasons to some other thing instead of discussing what i said, means you can't refute my arguments. Why don;t you give me your opinion on what i proposed? if it would fit the show, if you think it would cost much, if it would break the show?

DISCUSS MY FRIGGIN POINTS, ya kno? Not making a conspiracy theory out of them.
    /spit@Blizzard

Why the hell you posting all of this? I gave 2 easy to fix ways of this inconsistency. The writers never even thought there was one, despite it existing. That's why the show is BAD, and i am all for explaining my opinion on it.

You know, since i haven't posted on any other show, they probably were accepted at least as ok. But this one is BAD. If you think i am saying it is BAD, because of a hidden agenda, then go write some TV. It's gonna be as BAD as this one, but hell you will make moniez.

Trying to attribute perfectly valid reasons to some other thing instead of discussing what i said, means you can't refute my arguments. Why don;t you give me your opinion on what i proposed? if it would fit the show, if you think it would cost much, if it would break the show?

DISCUSS MY FRIGGIN POINTS, ya kno? Not making a conspiracy theory out of them.
    How about you just tell us: When did human-form Bruce, with no inhibitor on, get punched in he face and get all fucked up in this show? If you can just answer this question, it will embarrass us and we can all admit we were wrong and move on.
    -ynnady

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Why? Nothing else is.

Heck the entire Ant-Man movie is a parade of internal inconsistencies, where the whole shrinking thing never works the same. Does his mass decrease or not? How can he have enough mass to knock someone over, but also not enough to squash the ant he rides on?

What makes She-Hulk special, so that it suddenly needs to observe internal consistencies in ways no other MCU stuff - or pretty much any other action movie, really - does?
    Last time i am posting about this, cause you're on denial.

PIVOTAL MOMENT OF THE HERO BORN - DOES NOT WORK FOR THE HERO BORN. Hulks ain't the same in the show, and they don't bother to explain it why. SAME SHOW, SAME FRAME, ALMOST IDENTICAL POWERS, but human Jen cannot be injured. Bleh. SHIT SHOW

- - - Updated - - -

You missed the point. Or you fake it so. Shoo.
    /spit@Blizzard

PIVOTAL MOMENT OF THE HERO BORN - DOES NOT WORK FOR THE HERO BORN. Hulks ain't the same in the show, and they don't bother to explain it why. SAME SHOW, SAME FRAME, ALMOST IDENTICAL POWERS, but human Jen cannot be injured. Bleh. SHIT SHOW
    How did you determine that human Jen cannot be injured?

- - - Updated - - -

You missed the point. Or you fake it so. Shoo.
    Oh no, you are doing that thing where you pretend you already won the argument in order to avoid having to address inconvenient points *cringe*.
    -ynnady

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's also not, however much you don't want to admit it, an inconsistency. Banner had a small cut from a massive car crash. Jen just got launched a few feet.

You're literally complaining because you reject what you're being shown.

That's what people keep pointing out. No explanation would be sufficient, because you're not willing to accept what you're shown.

- - - Updated - - -

We could also point out that Jen could easily have had injuries, including a skull fracture. Plenty of injuries don't "show". And then she'd Hulk out, and the Hulk healing factor would pretty much instantly repair all that.

But we can't consider that, apparently, because Jen doesn't go "oww, I have literally cracked my skull and here is a CT scan that demonstrates explicitly that my skull is cracked and fourteen doctors who all independently confirmed it". She's drunk as shit and when you're drunk, you often barely notice injuries, and when she Hulked, those injuries would be fixed. The whole question is irrelevant and obviously intended in bad faith.
    Well, the "small cut" and the "launched few feet" is your fanfic and opinion. And as you already professed, opinions and scene interpretations are not worthy to discuss.

You keep not mentioning what was "IT" and "what you're shown". It's called denial. DISCUSS.

I already addressed your last paragraph. Trying to turn it on me, lol. You're actually advocating for MY point.
    /spit@Blizzard

Prove that human Jen cannot be injured. You are just wildly making stuff up.

What you ACTUALLY have is "getting into a car crash while wearing an inhibitor hurt Banner more than Jen was hurt by Titania punching her in the face".

No way, a car crash hurt more than a punch? Shit show, indeed.

Well, the "small cut" and the "launched few feet" is your fanfic and opinion. And as you already professed, opinions and scene interpretations are not worthy to discuss.

You keep not mentioning what was "IT" and "what you're shown". It's called denial. DISCUSS.

I already addressed your last paragraph. Trying to turn it on me, lol. You're actually advocating for MY point.
    Remember when Bruce explicitly acknowledged that Jens blood had remarkable healing power that was greater than his own? I certainly do, but you certainly don't.
    -ynnady

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    How did you determine that human Jen cannot be injured?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, you are doing that thing where you pretend you already won the argument in order to avoid having to address inconvenient points *cringe*.
    You obviously didn't watch the show or read what we are discussing, going full circle. Too old for that shit. Ignored.

Keep on believing you won. C'mon, Endus and Biomega, tell him he did, so he can get his cookie.
    /spit@Blizzard