Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Available for Pre-Order: Wield the Power of Frostmourne

Available for Pre-Order: Wield the Power of Frostmourne
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    "Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."–Muradin

The most powerful runeblade currently known to exist, Frostmourne has long been the instrument of destruction wielded by the mighty Lich King. Now you can add this legendary sword to your collection when you pre-order* it on the Blizzard Gear Store today.

This premium Frostmourne Sword 1:1 scale replica is truly one-of-a-kind. The sword body is made by lost wax casting with engraving, milling finishing, and manual polishing. The materials used to create this premium replica are zinc-copper alloy, stainless steel, and leather. Separate wall mount available.

Limited Edition Frostmourne Replica

• 49.21" h x 13.07" w x 4.72" l
    • 16.75 lbs.
    • Zinc-Copper Alloy, Stainless Steel, Leather
    • Includes Certificate of Authenticity
    • Officially Licensed

Frostmourne Sword Wall Mount:

The Frostmourne Sword wall mount is the ultimate accessory to display your premium Frostmourne Sword Replica. Includes hanging instructions. Sword not included.

• 22.05" h x 10.63" w x 3.9" l
    • 6.72 lbs.
    • Metal, Resin
    • Officially Licensed

Frostmourne hungers. Pre-Order yours today!

Join your allies in the defense of Azeroth in World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King Classic™.

* Must be 18 or older to purchase.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-09-26 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the geek that invested in NFTs and Bitcoin.

its ONLY 1500 for the sword and 200 for the mount!

$1500

hahahahahahah

I'm not buying that...

Besides, it's Ashbringer fodder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    I'm not buying that...

just smash it and make the Blades of the Fallen Prince!
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostmourne has lost its mystique in a post-Shadowlands world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    I'm not buying that...

That's what happens when you don't give your blade proper maintenance! Look at all those chips and gouges in the blade, no surprise it broke!

Don't doubt some people will buy this, but I have a sneaking suspicion the market for such an item is going to be much lower than they expect. Not necessarily for the price (although legit sword replicas tend to be pricy, and inflation/economy woes are kicking a lot of people's butts), but excitement and desire for the IP just not being ideal. There's a reason it's being released right now during the hype for WotLK classic: outside this window, there isn't much hype for the IP.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Holy crap that thing is heavy. Imagine what it would weigh if it was made from weapons grade steel. This one is already about 12 times to heavy to be usable

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Holy crap that thing is heavy. Imagine what it would weigh if it was made from weapons grade steel. This one is already about 12 times to heavy to be usable
    yea a regular broadsword or greatsword avg about 5lbs or less.

This is definitely not a usable weapon.

Yeah, a real katana weighs about three pounds. This sword is pushing 17 pounds. Even great swords were more like five pounds. Practicality as an actual weapon aside, you're going to hurt yourself or (unintentionally) destroy something with this lol.

Also, the $200 (optional, lol) wall mount looks really minimal. Does it just sort of balance there? Seems highly unsatisfying IMHO.

That's 5 times the price from when they sold it in 2008, I'm sure it is. Sad times.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2008 version is still for sale at Epic Weapons, comes with the wall hanger for 1/5 the price.
    https://epicswords.com/product/frostmourne-replica/

7+ Year Old Account
    When I got my job I paid 200$ and got on of the originals. (cad)
    THis one is almost the exact same, with only some slight additions, and costs 2000$?
    Why, why the fuck whyy?!
    I mean I like the additions, a bit more detail, like the inlaid runes and the "battle damage"
    but otherwise i do not see the reason to buy this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarHammer View Post
    The 2008 version is still for sale at Epic Weapons, comes with the wall hanger for 1/5 the price.
    https://epicswords.com/product/frostmourne-replica/
    1 10th if you get the right place, thing is this one does actually have a fair bit of changes, but not enough to be worth this much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas was swole as fuck

Ya I think I'll pass on a $1500 chunk of steel that cost $10 to make. Also this will never not be in preorder status. Nobody mass produces this.

10+ Year Old Account
    im in for three

Why are people complaining about the weight, have they ever held a real twohander? (admittedly they're less intended for person-to-person fighting and more to chop away at halberds, spears, shipwood etc., and executioner blades get even worse).
    Those blades are as long as person and easily top 10 kgs.

This one seems more the size of a bastard sword, so it's not unfair that the weight is too much, but it's not like swords can't weight that much.
    Personally i'd be more concerned about the balance, which will likely be atrocious.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-09-26 at 06:38 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    $1500?! In this economy?

they have lost their minds lmao

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Why are people complaining about the weight, have they ever held a real twohander? (admittedly they're less intended for person-to-person fighting and more to chop away at halberds, spears, shipwood etc., and executioner blades get even worse).
    Those blades are as long as person and easily top 10 kgs.

This one seems more the size of a bastard sword, so it's not unfair that the weight is too much, but it's not like swords can't weight that much.
    Personally i'd be more concerned about the balance, which will likely be atrocious.
    No sword weighs as much as this thing. I should know, I own one of the first run of these from back in the day, and I also train with longswords.

Swords are light. This thing is heavy. It is completely unsuited for any kind of actual use. And no, a twohanded sword doesn't weigh anywhere close to 10kg. They're 4-5 on the far, far end. You simply can't swing something that weighs that much with any kind of effectiveness.

Never understood the spikes on the grip. Looks cool, but why would anyone want to wield it that way?>