Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Classic is still making use of the old way of getting loot, a window pops up and asks you need or greed. Winner takes the loot.
    On retail you get gear automatically in your bag, no actual window. Just straight forward loot or no loot.

Having that small window with rewards that you can loot one in my eyes brings joy of immersion, i would love to see it returned!
    Gear feels to me more value-able getting them this way.

What about you, do you think we should get the loottable back?
    No, not at all

Lost a lot of loot because some asshole needed on something they didn't need and they happened to win the roll

Part of the reason I quit tanking heroics back around Wrath or Cata was because asshole dps would roll need on tanking gear and win it when it was a upgrade for me

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Also they already confirmed group loot will come back, but they need to figure out how to make it work so its not abuseable like it was, it is even back ingame in the beta right now but you cant set it to work.
    Is it really coming back? Well this is cool. If not sure - don't go, random groups/trust issues/social experience are good stuff in itself, one catch remains: the one did "$hit in the soul" can't be held accountable in any way or punished for such behavior by lack of access to content, because *cunningly pointing at server organization* Like I said, it's all or nothing. Within framework of current social doctrine this is unlikely to work adequately "everywhere", only ML would remain in such situation (on their spoiled social conditions) "workable" (can only prohibit changing form when group is fully/partially in instance). How is it today? Available? Or is it still "mAih eXploiTable!!1"?

ps. There is also question of forced items' scaling even when in boe situations (for the same reason, kind uncle, who collected flowers/skin in starting locations and looted "low" stuff, won't be able to please groing child nearby with "delicious" green or blue stuff). There are so many filthy "auto-crutches" in this game...
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-09-21 at 07:47 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

It evolved to what it is now to eliminate drama. Which it did. If all people were decent at least in games, where it's just pixels, Blizz would not have to change things, but as it stands, better off being controlled than the alternative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    What you're describing is Group Loot, a feature Blizzard has already confirmed will be coming back in DF.
    Only for raids, right? And only if guild group? Or maybe I misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Why do you deserve the loot more than the other person?

This thread reeks of entitlement
    Or you know I could roll need on all items I can use even though is not an upgrade then vendor it for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Only for raids, right? And only if guild group? Or maybe I misunderstood.
    They haven't released specifics yet as far as I know. As mentioned earlier, it's an option for loot on the Beta but it's currently bugged so it's anybody's guess what limitations it'll come with.

I would definitely prefer it. It's a part of the essential MMORPG feeling of being in an existing world that you share with other people. That piece of loot is a distinct object in the world; it's a group achievement and so it should go to the group. It's just as important as having a creature in the open world be the same creature a nearby player can see and interact with. Or... should give every player their own instance of every mob because players can't be trusted to not steal tags or grief a quest area?

You see how every single essential MMO element of this game has been eroded because players can't handle playing together? Group loot, master loot even, does not cause drama. People do, and you can't out-engineer that without out-engineering the positives of real interaction too that MMORPGs are especially capable of providing.

We don't have to have a truly social game; you should be able to have whatever kind of game you want, but I enjoy it. Playing on and off since 2005 I've never had a negative social experience worth remembering or complaining about.

I do, however remember one toxic loot moment from Black Temple in BC where the tank officer who used all his DKP to be geared as heck wanted the shield from Illidan over me, but this is actually a fond memory I joke about with my friend to this day. It was actually a proud moment because we only got that kill because I swapped with him and did his job better than him on the first or second try and we finally got the kill. The shield ended up going to me, and he was butt-hurt about it with his officer privilege, and none of that "drama" would have happened without a master-loot system, and people to connect with over the value of that loot. Even if I didn't get the shield, I would have just left the guild and shared that story proudly to a group of people more on the same page.

And let's not forgot those really special moments when your group thinks you did really well and wants you to have the loot, and your "competition" doesn't mind passing on it because it's a bigger upgrade for you. That's meaningful. I'll admit... I'm realizing you can still do that kind of thing in the form of trading. It's just not as much of a public, group decision. It doesn't emphasize the guild dynamic as much.
    Last edited by SaucyThighs; 2022-09-23 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Classic is still making use of the old way of getting loot, a window pops up and asks you need or greed. Winner takes the loot.
    On retail you get gear automatically in your bag, no actual window. Just straight forward loot or no loot.

Having that small window with rewards that you can loot one in my eyes brings joy of immersion, i would love to see it returned!
    Gear feels to me more value-able getting them this way.

What about you, do you think we should get the loottable back?
    yes - pls bring it back os i can press need on everything like i do in classic.

the cries and whispers which i imidiately report are hillarious

since i play tank i get instant invites everywhere anyway

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyThighs View Post
    I would definitely prefer it. It's a part of the essential MMORPG feeling of being in an existing world that you share with other people. That piece of loot is a distinct object in the world; it's a group achievement and so it should go to the group. It's just as important as having a creature in the open world be the same creature a nearby player can see and interact with. Or... should give every player their own instance of every mob because players can't be trusted to not steal tags or grief a quest area?

You see how every single essential MMO element of this game has been eroded because players can't handle playing together? Group loot, master loot even, does not cause drama. People do, and you can't out-engineer that without out-engineering the positives of real interaction too that MMORPGs are especially capable of providing.

We don't have to have a truly social game; you should be able to have whatever kind of game you want, but I enjoy it. Playing on and off since 2005 I've never had a negative social experience worth remembering or complaining about.

I do, however remember one toxic loot moment from Black Temple in BC where the tank officer who used all his DKP to be geared as heck wanted the shield from Illidan over me, but this is actually a fond memory I joke about with my friend to this day. It was actually a proud moment because we only got that kill because I swapped with him and did his job better than him on the first or second try and we finally got the kill. The shield ended up going to me, and he was butt-hurt about it with his officer privilege, and none of that "drama" would have happened without a master-loot system, and people to connect with over the value of that loot. Even if I didn't get the shield, I would have just left the guild and shared that story proudly to a group of people more on the same page.

And let's not forgot those really special moments when your group thinks you did really well and wants you to have the loot, and your "competition" doesn't mind passing on it because it's a bigger upgrade for you. That's meaningful. I'll admit... I'm realizing you can still do that kind of thing in the form of trading. It's just not as much of a public, group decision. It doesn't emphasize the guild dynamic as much.

Other MMO's also have a back up system and drop more loot so there it makes it easier. Been playing FFXIV and yea they drop way more token per raid than WoW every does and they also drop tomestone(badge in WoW) so you can use them to buy gear if you get really unlucky. Yea you might need to save a few piece of loot for a specific piece before you can trade them for gear but they also drop more. If WoW wants to go back to the the need or greed loot drop they should also add badge gear back. Coz you know there is someone in the group that will f everyone by rolling need on all items he/she can use even though they don't need the item so they can f the group up.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yes - pls bring it back os i can press need on everything like i do in classic.

the cries and whispers which i imidiately report are hillarious

since i play tank i get instant invites everywhere anyway
    So you intentionally go into groups, roll Need on everything, even items you don't need, then report people who rightfully get upset about your clearly deranged behavior? And here you are, proudly sharing this with the world because you're... proud of your sociopathic behavior?

I mean. Cool. You do you, I guess.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-09-26 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The ability for loot to go to the people who need it most in organized content? I mean, that's a pretty huge benefit which the game has sorely lacked for the last two expansions.
    But isn't that what Master Loot was for? Doesn't matter, both were abused by greed, trolls, or in spite.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    But isn't that what Master Loot was for? Doesn't matter, both were abused by greed, trolls, or in spite.
    It's effectively ML with an extra step. I argued that they might as well bring ML back if they're going to go this route but this is a huge boon for organized guilds regardless.