Thread: Last of Us [TV]

Page 1 of 45
... LastLast

Last of Us [TV]

First look at the Last of Us tv series from HBO

"The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

5+ Year Old Account
    is that a show based on some nintendo game or something?

That... doesn't look like Ellie at all lol

The Last of Us brushed on some pretty rough themes, let's hope HBO has the balls to tackle them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    That... doesn't look like Ellie at all lol

The Last of Us brushed on some pretty rough themes, let's hope HBO has the balls to tackle them.
    i feel she can pull off the atitude just fine,and she will grow anyways

Looks quite faithful to the game in terms of visuals. And I'm pretty sure that music was in the first game somewhere. Pedro as Joel is great casting but I'm not sold on Bella Ramsey as Ellie yet.

Looks terrific.

The show looks good. Ill admit, the Actress for Ellie, doesnt look like the ingame version but not much can be done about that, since the trailer didnt show anythign of her we will have to wait and see if she fits the role well or makes it her own. Also it seems they are doing the "Prelude" DLC which shows Ellie being bitten as well as her "Date" which is good for people who might of missed that.

Honestly, I loved the game so look forward to seeing if this is faifhtful. How ever I do hope they stick to the first game and dont adapt the second because of Certain events that happen in it that ruined it for me

Bella Ramsey knocked it out of the park as Lyanna Mormont in Game of Thrones. I am confident she will do the same here.

Pedro Pascal is always great.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-09-26 at 07:36 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Bella Ramsey knocked it out of the park as Lyanna Mormont in Game of Thrones. I am confident she will do the same here.

Holy shit your right she was that bad ass girl from GOT i never realised till you said xD

i thought she was a bit jaunty not as a bad as sophie turner but a bit off. Same kind of bit off as she was in his dark materials.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I never knew the video game, but HBO isn't skittish on hard issues. The cast looks fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts exactly.

Never played the video game, hope I'm not too lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Never played the video game, hope I'm not too lost.
    You shouldn't be, the story is quite well told in the game and it shouldn't be hard to adapt it for a show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    i thought she was a bit jaunty not as a bad as sophie turner but a bit off. Same kind of bit off as she was in his dark materials.
    I was hoping for Dafne Keen to play Ellie when I first heard they were making a show. She was basically the Ellie of the Logan movie after all. It's funny both actresses ended up being in His Dark Materials
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I was hoping for Dafne Keen to play Ellie when I first heard they were making a show. She was basically the Ellie of the Logan movie after all. It's funny both actresses ended up being in His Dark Materials
    I only ended up watching the first few episodes of His Dark Materials, and I don't remember being particularly impressed by Keen in it. She had a much simpler role in Logan, and that movie was carried by Jackman anyway.

I really want this show to be good, but the main actress choice seems to be very much off.
    Here's to hoping it'll be better plot-wise than TLOU2, at least.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    that was Dafne Keen (Laura/X-23 from Wolverine) not Bella Ramsey

edit: ah she was in it. my mistake. thought you got the leads mixed up

Never was into the whole zombie thing, and this certainly doesn't make me want to. I'm sure it'll be fine and all, but it's not grabbing me as a new viewer, that's for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Am I the only one that thinks that Bella Ramsey looks somewhat like Ashley Johnson (the voice actress for Elle)? I am not saying it is a prefect match, but it feels close to me. Or maybe I am just tired.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks decent, but i hate zombie things, just can't swallow, but gonna watch because i like the actors, they make a cool duo..

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that Bella Ramsey looks somewhat like Ashley Johnson (the voice actress for Elle)? I am not saying it is a prefect match, but it feels close to me. Or maybe I am just tired.
    She does actually, especially in some shots

10+ Year Old Account
    I never played Last of Us and I seem even less interested in the show. I just kinda got the vibe that it was just ripping off The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Same sort of premise? I could be wrong? I dunno, but I really love The Road both the book and the movie was very good too.

all I know about the Last of us was the outrage the second game got, and I still don't even know what the rage was about lol. Very weird being on the outside looking in on these things I must say.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance