Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hypothetical threads like this got 0 value. Absolutely worth nothing - it worth a piece of paper from the trashcan. Otherwise I would also love a Fifa game, but the teams would consists of WoW characters.

The problem is nobody considers what's possible(techinical), do people actually want it(community needs)and does generate money for Blizzard.

I would be classy, if people would consider these(among other subjects)before posting. Just ask the question - why didn't we recieve it after 18years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Hypothetical threads like this got 0 value. Absolutely worth nothing - it worth a piece of paper from the trashcan. Otherwise I would also love a Fifa game, but the teams would consists of WoW characters.

The problem is nobody considers what's possible(techinical), do people actually want it(community needs)and does generate money for Blizzard.

I would be classy, if people would consider these(among other subjects)before posting. Just ask the question - why didn't we recieve it after 18years?
    You are welcome to not participate in the discussion of a function that has already been asked for, for years. I believe the first threads I took notice to was during Wrath? I didn't follow the forum that much back then. We do ask the question "why" it hasn't been added, and in many threads, there's been discussion about the topic, what restrictions we as players see, and what is already working that we as players see.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This is probably the worst take of player housing i've ever read. Far from being "the right way" if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    You are welcome to not participate in the discussion of a function that has already been asked for, for years. I believe the first threads I took notice to was during Wrath? I didn't follow the forum that much back then. We do ask the question "why" it hasn't been added, and in many threads, there's been discussion about the topic, what restrictions we as players see, and what is already working that we as players see.
    Im certain that the answer to "why" is:

Blizzard don't believe in the return values. If you need to have X amount of people working on a feature - and it generates practically same amount of income as without(minus the community complaints regarding how empty the world feels - see WoD/garisson reactions). Then it might be a bad buisness.

Just my guess - i'm certain they have reasonings and not just being lazy around it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I still think Wildstar did one of the best iterations of housing I have ever seen in an mmo.
    I enjoyed it and it kept me logging in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im certain that the answer to "why" is:

Blizzard don't believe in the return values. If you need to have X amount of people working on a feature - and it generates practically same amount of income as without(minus the community complaints regarding how empty the world feels - see WoD/garisson reactions). Then it might be a bad buisness.

Just my guess - i'm certain they have reasonings and not just being lazy around it.
    True but it is basically at the same category as Classic, maybe not as many people but else, aye. It was the same answer for that for a looooong time. The difference is, housing might serve better to some as Classic doesn't, and vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This is probably the worst take of player housing i've ever read. Far from being "the right way" if you ask me.
    The OP's idea, aye but you are welcome to share.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I still think Wildstar did one of the best iterations of housing I have ever seen in an mmo.
    Wildstar and ArcheAge are the heavy contenders on the list, the rest can't even match. The only difference between the two is that one is instanced, and the other is in the open world. The only thing that makes Wildstar's a little better is that AA's can be restricted due to a lack of space to build on.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Great business case - investing on housing doesn't mean a great game.

I think Blizzard won't ever go Wildstar - it's simply too risky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great business case - investing on housing doesn't mean a great game.

I think Blizzard won't ever go Wildstar - it's simply too risky.
    The game was great though. Not the best but great.

And no, Blizzard wouldn't go on the full instanced zone. But they were already thinking about it in 2009.

The game was great though. Not the best but great.

And no, Blizzard wouldn't go on the full instanced zone. But they were already thinking about it in 2009.
    Im certain that we would be just fine without housing for the next 18years

Rather than "I have this good idea" - I would love to see buisness case. And i'm certain that Blizzard also would like that.

Well, restrictions should be a blanket, nothing more there, and if people want multiple, they are welcome to, their time, their dime. Not everything should be account wide? I'd hate to step into an Alliance-themed house with my Orc, calling it "home"?

WoW is even better seated now to start speculating housing because it doesn't have a flood of players like it used to.
    Yeah, players should be able to have different houses, but at the same time making house on every character is exceeding. This is one of my problems in Wow. In many cases things are done just for tick - to avoid "incomplete" characters. This requires thinking over some "system" not to do things just randomly. Sometimes it blows my mind.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im certain that we would be just fine without housing for the next 18years

Rather than "I have this good idea" - I would love to see buisness case. And i'm certain that Blizzard also would like that.
    Blizzard has already seen many business cases, it is about function, resources, and time. They have followed the progress of housing discussions over time but it comes to the action. I mean, we don't know the reach of interest because discussions are spread so wide among Reddit, MMO-C, various server forums, Blizz's official forums and server forums but what could be the case? A minority number? Like End-game mythic raiders are? Like roleplayers are?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, players should be able to have different houses, but at the same time making house on every character is exceeding. This is one of my problems in Wow. In many cases things are done just for tick - to avoid "incomplete" characters. This requires thinking over some "system" not to do things just randomly. Sometimes it blows my mind.
    If that is an issue in WoW's system, which we don't know, then you would need an account restriction but then, you would need that on Garrisons too, as they are also taking assets every time someone makes a character and sends it to Draenor - not to mention when they unlock the outposts, etc. Else the big win could be finally update some of the game, killing Garrisons for the chance to give housing a shot.

If that is an issue in WoW's system, which we don't know, then you would need an account restriction but then, you would need that on Garrisons too, as they are also taking assets every time someone makes a character and sends it to Draenor - not to mention when they unlock the outposts, etc. Else the big win could be finally update some of the game, killing Garrisons for the chance to give housing a shot.
    Garrison is different thing. Each character can have different professions, so different buildings are needed. But overall I just hate to copy-paste things between characters instead of having them account-wide.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

People just cling onto this idea of player housing because they can't afford one in the real world

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Garrison is different thing. Each character can have different professions, so different buildings are needed. But overall I just hate to copy-paste things between characters instead of having them account-wide.
    Indeed, each character should be treated as a new character, the only thing that could be account-wide is possible unlocks, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    People just cling onto this idea of player housing because they can't afford one in the real world
    I give you an F for your lame comment. People can have an interest in whatever. Are you saying people interested in racing/cars can't afford a car in real life?

Indeed, each character should be treated as a new character, the only thing that could be account-wide is possible unlocks, nothing else.

I give you an F for your lame comment. People can have an interest in whatever. Are you saying people interested in racing/cars can't afford a car in real life?
    I bet you're fun at parties. Clearly you must be the one people have to sit down and explain every joke and meme to. This is a common joke about how absurdly expensive the housing market is, most commonly joked about with millennials (the main audience of WoW) and how most of them will not be able to afford it. So the only way they'd be able to afford one is in WoW or some other fantasy game. Do you get it now? Has the joke been murdered and dissected enough for you to digest? Or will a more condescending tone be needed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    I bet you're fun at parties. Clearly you must be the one people have to sit down and explain every joke and meme to. This is a common joke about how absurdly expensive the housing market is, most commonly joked about with millennials (the main audience of WoW) and how most of them will not be able to afford it. So the only way they'd be able to afford one is in WoW or some other fantasy game. Do you get it now? Has the joke been murdered and dissected enough for you to digest? Or will a more condescending tone be needed?
    I guess one has to expect it as a joke, though first time I have heard it. Then again, not that good a joke if it needs explaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    A small village area similar to a garrison with different buildings for all guild members and then there is one plot which phases to each individual player with the option to invite other players to your house.
    An Karanir Thanagor

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I suppose; the problem that Blizzard has with any of these types of features is that it seems like if it requires a lot of development time they need it to be engaged with. That's why Garrisons were central to WoD's storyline. You literally couldn't continue the story if you didn't construct a Garrison. (Same thing happened with Torghast in SL.)

Perhaps if they can pick apart the bones of what they used to develop Garrisons and make something less... expansion-defining, I'd say go for it. But I'm skeptical such an endeavor is ultimately worth it in the end.
    The idea that everything needs to be part of the core gameplay loop is the main problem with how wow has been developed.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The idea that everything needs to be part of the core gameplay loop is the main problem with how wow has been developed.
    Indeed. We need something that is disconnected from the path of the story told and the progression streak.

I guess one has to expect it as a joke, though first time I have heard it. Then again, not that good a joke if it needs explaining.
    Nah the joke was fine. Just need to be smart enough to understand the simplest of jokes, or be even slightly aware of the world around us.

Looks more like you just wanted to be offended and play the victim. How many times have you heard that in your life?