Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Who paying 1500 for the sword

Looks like a decent price for a custom sword. Not that i'm spending that much on one. Anyone plan on getting 1?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather buy 1,500 McChickens from McDonald's.

I've seen custom knives more expensive than that for collectors. If it's good quality I don't see a problem with that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, its kinda useless.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a good price for a custom sword, But this isn't a custom sword, it's a sword, there's literally nothing "custom" about it.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I work with engineers they spend $1500 on weekend trips a sword like that is pocket change to them

Hmm, it's no Toledo Salamanca but with the upcoming gathering this could be just what I'm looking for... Shame it's not a one off...

People with money and an interest in collectible swords would be my guess??
    If i had unlimited funds i'd buy it just for the hell of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Looks like a decent price for a custom sword. Not that i'm spending that much on one. Anyone plan on getting 1?
    Of course I'm not paying for it, it is part of Pandora's Box. Looks sweet but 1500 dollars, naw, there's two birthdays and christmas soon, I think my family and I can do with that money for other things.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Today on Non Whales complaining about Whale Products

10+ Year Old Account
    Years ago I would've, now post-Shadowlands it's a hard pass.

Also with everything getting more expensive spending $1500 would be idiotic for me
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really a "video game sword replica" kind of economy lately.

...Actually, I'm changing my answer. It's not a video game sword replica economy YET. If things get much worse, you might be able to get the jump on your neighbour with your Frostmourne and steal his bread.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I work with engineers they spend $1500 on weekend trips a sword like that is pocket change to them
    It seriously doesn't matter how much it cost, but if it's worth it?

~50$ is for sure a pocket change for most of the people I know, but if they, for an example, buy a bread for 50$ then I'll just call them stupid.
    (okay, if that bread was uber and the best bread on the entire world then I wouldn't, but there are plenty of other things that cost less and are even better)

I mean, it's their own money, they can do whatever they want, they can send even 25k of $ for some streamer and they have fully right to spend that amount of money on whatever they want - but I'll still stick to my opinion on them as imbeciles.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2022-09-27 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post

Can you connect me with some of them?

I desperately need a boost in WOTLK-classic. O

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It seriously doesn't matter how much it cost, but if it's worth it?

~50$ is for sure a pocket change for most of the people I know, but if they, for an example, buy a bread for 50$ then I'll just call them stupid.
    (okay, if that bread was uber and the best bread on the entire world then I wouldn't, but there are plenty of other things that cost less and are even better)

I mean, it's their own money, they can do whatever they want, they can send even 25k of $ for some streamer and they have fully right to spend that amount of money on whatever they want - but I'll still stick to my opinion on them as imbeciles.
    Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay...that's the bare bones truest extent of capitalism

Black Lotus probably cost WOTC about .05 to print may of paid the artist like $200 to paint and that's in 1993 money. Now that little piece of cardboard can buy over 300 of these swords. (As of last big sell of that card value only goes up it seems)

End of the day it's a piece of cardboard with a flower painted on it and to people who are avid collectors it's worth every penny. I mean it costs that much and proxying it is legal for vintage tournaments and lord knows no one would actually put it in a deck

Id rather get the cheaper wall mounted one in all honesty

15+ Year Old Account
    If I had 1500€ to spare I'd consider getting one, always been a fan of Lich King shizzle. However, I don't, so nope.

I'm not seeing any sword here...

I've toyed with the thought. I think I might just do what my buddy did though and wait for the chinese knock off made from a mold of it and just touch it up.

Outside of replacing the hilt and cutting some of the runes to be sharper hes came out looking the same barring really close inspection.