Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

So first world 80 lvl done by exploit/glitch or what?

So what do you think about world's first 80 lvl WOTLK Classic?
    Player Naowh done it by using og wrath spot. There is an elite mob that non stop summons zombies and if you tag them before he summons new ones, when he does they despawn and you get full xp for the ones that despawned. Also using 4 dead lvl 1s in his party (multiboxing) makes it so he gets the full group xp.

That gave him near-two milion experience per hour.

Do you think if he was normal player not a Echo's member, someone would question if that was legal?

Thats official word from Blizzard's Support:
    You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.
    Last edited by Beryfes; 2022-09-28 at 06:13 PM.

they banned athene for it back in the day,when he was milions times more popular than a random echo nobody known only in small niches

Athene got banned because that was an actual world first using exploits. Doubt the skeleton crew running Classic would be bothered by someone leveling to 80 with an exploit.

But this player is also world's first.

I dont know why anyone would care, it's classic wrath, the world firsts happened about 13 years ago ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryfes View Post
    So what do you think about world's first 80 lvl?
    Player Naowh done it by using og wrath spot. There is an elite mob that non stop summons zombies and if you tag them before he summons new ones, when he does they despawn and you get full xp for the ones that despawned. Also using 4 dead lvl 1s in his party (multiboxing) makes it so he gets the full group xp.

That gave him near-two milion experience per hour.

Do you think if he was normal player not a Echo's member, someone would question if that was legal?
    Done by an exploit, aye. Stupid that it wasn't thought of as it was used in Original Wrath too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    I dont know why anyone would care, it's classic wrath, the world firsts happened about 13 years ago ....
    Indeed. Which was my reaction ever since people bragged about getting 'World's First' in Vanilla Classic and I was like.. "Aren't you a few years behind?"
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    This argument really is stupid beyond belief, do people who use it really think it does something?

The effort people put in to get there first is what matters, not whether it's been done before.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who didn´t reach level cap alone, without any kind of help or exploit, doesnt really count tbh. So this dude does not count, for example

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This argument really is stupid beyond belief, do people who use it really think it does something?

The effort people put in to get there first is what matters, not whether it's been done before.
    The entire concept of being first is being first, the ONLY thing that matters is whether it's been done before.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

tbh, i am usualy more bothered by people using word "legal" when talking about breaking TOS than by the use of exploit itself...
    as for this case, if he used exploit he should be punished, though i dont really care since its wrath classic - been there, done that, got plenty of t-shirts

World First happened 13 years ago, how are you talking about it today?
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    The entire concept of being first is being first, the ONLY thing that matters is whether it's been done before.
    More or less. He's still world first in this iteration of Wrath called Classic Wrath.
    In Olympics you compete every 4 years or so. They dont hold back on gold medals because some of the people in previous Olympics had better performance. Moreso, someone who got silver 4 years ago may have had a better performance than someone who got gold this year. Still a gold medalist.

Personally, I don't fucking care. It's fucking leveling.

But then again, I also remember how much of a bitch Blizzard were about the stacking XP potions during BFA and how they went ahead and banned thousands of people, including big streamers like Preach - again, for something as insignificant as leveling.

Again, who cares about someone cheating to fucking level faster. But when this guy is allowed to clearly make big money off of publicly broadcasting an exploit in front of tens of thousands of people while other people get banned for up to a month just because they privately levelled some chars for themselves... that's kind of a bitch ass move by Blizzard, further reinforcing the notion to exploit early and often because they'll only ever do something about it once every 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    World First happened 13 years ago, how are you talking about it today?
    It's called Classic Wrath, not Wrath from 13 years ago. I personally don't care much about world first anything, but if people want to talk about a world first of this iteration, why should I be bothered? It's meaningless to us because we hold the original close, but it matters to some others, so let them be.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I got world 129124th ... can I brag about that too ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Beryfes View Post
    But this player is also world's first.
    Its not really first as world first 80 already happened. The whole concept of world firsts and such is that its the first time someone is facing/experiencing the content. As Classic Wotlk is simply a remake, its not new content/experience.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    He ain’t worlds first,hell I beat him by 11 years, so suck on that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im really at the point of, who cares. If he gets banned, its not like the world first race is gonna be redone.

Its also classic. If people did not exploit or atleast stretch the system to its limit, i would think something was wrong

I think its gonna be much more interesting to see world first in naxx, ulduar and ICC, and if people exploit there, i would think action is appropriate in those scenarios.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    But then again, I also remember how much of a bitch Blizzard were about the stacking XP potions during BFA and how they went ahead and banned thousands of people, including big streamers like Preach - again, for something as insignificant as leveling.
    i mean, its a bit difference if you do something few hours faster or doing something few HUNDREDS TIMES faster (obviously thats overdoing it, but it could be stacked to ridiculous numbers)
    both should be punished though, but thinking its the same level of exploit is laughable

Thats official word from Blizzard's Support:
    You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

It doesn't matter if you care or not about this situation. There are rules written by Blizzard that we all agree by playing game.

And this is not the only single situation like this. What about druid's flying form in Northrend 15 minutes after WOTLK Classic relase? Who done realm first Herbalism?
    Last edited by Beryfes; 2022-09-28 at 01:05 PM.