Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i mean, its a bit difference if you do something few hours faster or doing something few HUNDREDS TIMES faster (obviously thats overdoing it, but it could be stacked to ridiculous numbers)
    both should be punished though, but thinking its the same level of exploit is laughable
    Obviously stealing 500k from a bank will get you a different punishment than stealing 5 bucks - the issue I have is that Naowh is apparently getting off scot-free - again, despite him making bank off of showing that exploit to 70k viewers while other people got several day bans for leveling 1 or 2 character privately without any advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Obviously stealing 500k from a bank will get you a different punishment than stealing 5 bucks - the issue I have is that Naowh is apparently getting off scot-free - again, despite him making bank off of showing that exploit to 70k viewers while other people got several day bans for leveling 1 or 2 character privately without any advertisement.
    I mean, streamers from high end guilds openly advertise RMT boosts and never get even a slap on the wrist, and they have been doing that for years now. I think that it should be obvious by now that streamers with enough viewers are too big for the TOS by now, Blizzard considers them to be enough of a source of income to let them get away with doing almost anything

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This argument really is stupid beyond belief, do people who use it really think it does something?

The effort people put in to get there first is what matters, not whether it's been done before.
    No, it is not stupid.

It's like saying that you are as smart as Newton because you knew about the gravity at the age of ~12-15(not sure when they teach about that in the physics).

There's a difference between doing something for the first time and doing the same thing after more than a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    It's called Classic Wrath, not Wrath from 13 years ago. I personally don't care much about world first anything, but if people want to talk about a world first of this iteration, why should I be bothered? It's meaningless to us because we hold the original close, but it matters to some others, so let them be.
    I got Account first on my Warrior in EVERY SINGLE ADDON! Can i please make a thread about this? It's so significant!
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, it is not stupid.

It's like saying that you are as smart as Newton because you knew about the gravity at the age of ~12-15(not sure when they teach about that in the physics).

There's a difference between doing something for the first time and doing the same thing after more than a decade.
    Wrath and Wrath Classic are not the same game though. Its 2 seperate races. Do olympic atheletes not get gold if someone beat their time the previous olympics?

Or if someone discovered gravity in another universe, would people not care because newton discovered it in our universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Wrath and Wrath Classic are not the same game though. Its 2 seperate races. Do olympic atheletes not get gold if someone beat their time the previous olympics?

Or if someone discovered gravity in another universe, would people not care because newton discovered it in our universe?
    Is Usain Bolt the best sprinter in the world right now? Yes.

Will he ever be World First Man to run the 100 meter race in under 10 seconds? Nope. That title belongs to African-American sprinter Jim Hines, who broke the long-standing barrier in the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City, and was given the title "Fastest man alive".

Is Usain Bolt faster than Jim Hines? Yes, he is. But that doesn't matter. He didn't do it first, Jim did. Now, if Usain Bolt manages to sprint the 100 meter dash in under NINE seconds, then that's golden. He will be World First man who ran the 100 meters in less than 9 seconds. But the title for World First man who ran the 100 meter race in under 10 sec belongs to Jim Hines, and Jim Hines only. And that will NEVER, EVER be taken away from him, even if in the year 3,582 humanity can run 100 meters in 5 seconds. The OG from 1968 still holds the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Is Usain Bolt the best sprinter in the world right now? Yes.

Will he ever be World First Man to run the 100 meter race in under 10 seconds? Nope. That title belongs to African-American sprinter Jim Hines, who broke the long-standing barrier in the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City, and was given the title "Fastest man alive".

Is Usain Bolt faster than Jim Hines? Yes, he is. But that doesn't matter. He didn't do it first, Jim did. Now, if Usain Bolt manages to sprint the 100 meter dash in under NINE seconds, then that's golden. He will be World First man who ran the 100 meters in less than 9 seconds. But the title for World First man who ran the 100 meter race in under 10 sec belongs to Jim Hines, and Jim Hines only. And that will NEVER, EVER be taken away from him, even if in the year 3,582 humanity can run 100 meters in 5 seconds. The OG from 1968 still holds the title.
    World first for classics have nothing to do with taking away the previous person's accomplishment, as they are two different things.

If they made a 102 meter race, and Usain Bolt won it, then he would be the world first winner of the 102 meter race. It wouldn't take away Jim's award or title, or diminish his title, because Jim won the 100 meter race not the 102 meter race. Now you may not care about the 102 meter race, and thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Anyone who didn´t reach level cap alone, without any kind of help or exploit, doesnt really count tbh. So this dude does not count, for example
    Your point is kind of moot when those people who *do* get there first using exploits are given a unique achievement for it.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Athene got banned because that was an actual world first using exploits. Doubt the skeleton crew running Classic would be bothered by someone leveling to 80 with an exploit.
    the difference was athene was doing mob tagging in an instance, instances that are meant to be done as a grp content and reward exp assuming its being done in a grp. He was completing it as a group but funneling all of the exp reward to himself via them dropping group. His ban was because the context of how he was doing mob tagging was clearly unintended in an environment designed for group content.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    The entire concept of being first is being first, the ONLY thing that matters is whether it's been done before.
    But it obviously hasn't. This isn't Wrath, it's Wrath Classic. Is every Olympics Sprint event pointless because it's been done before? Is it pointless if the winner doesn't beat the world record? Answer is obviously no.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I got world 129124th ... can I brag about that too ?
    If you think that's worth bragging about, sure, why not? What is it with sad people and wanting others to be sad as well?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Not really. Being first to 80 is quite meaningless. It was meaningless back then when the game was new and it is doubly so now since you are playing a decade-old game that has been mapped out in every possible direction lol.
    Why is it pointless exactly? Because you're not interested in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, it is not stupid.

It is stupid. Nobody is saying they're doing it for the first time, people are saying they beat everyone else to the finish line. Literally no different than any other kind of race, or would you say football, sprint, nascar etc is pointless too because it's been done before? What matters is the people competing, not what they're competing in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    I dont know why anyone would care, it's classic wrath, the world firsts happened about 13 years ago ....
    Yeah who cares fr...

This argument really is stupid beyond belief, do people who use it really think it does something?

The effort people put in to get there first is what matters, not whether it's been done before.
    If it's been done before, they didn't get there first. I've never seen a sentence so fully contradict itself before.

I don't particularly give a shit one way or another, but no reasonable argument can be made that an "exploit" that existed in the game when wrath released 10+ years ago and still exists today wasn't left intentionally in the game by Blizzard. The alternative is that Blizzard is incompetent, which I know a lot of people take as a given, but Blizzard probably doesn't want to confirm it directly themselves.

The argument that people are responsible for their own behavior and should not knowingly exploit bugs is a good one, but it falls completely flat when that "bug" is intentionally left in the game by its creator for over a decade. At that point, it is just how the game works. After a certain point, it is Blizzard's responsibility, not the players, to define what the game is. They have done so, by not only not addressing the bug, but ultimately recreating it with the game.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-09-28 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue at hand isnt if he got "World First", its if he exploited.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

But it obviously hasn't. This isn't Wrath, it's Wrath Classic. Is every Olympics Sprint event pointless because it's been done before? Is it pointless if the winner doesn't beat the world record? Answer is obviously no.
    Every 100m sprint is its own race, not an entirely new creation whose mechanics haven't been worked out before. This is perhaps more analogous to a new server first, but certainly not world first level 80.
    If you think that's worth bragging about, sure, why not? What is it with sad people and wanting others to be sad as well?
    What's with people celebrating nonsensical achievements thinking other people should give a shit about it too?
    Why is it pointless exactly? Because you're not interested in it?
    Because it is without point. Like I said, it was first done over a decade before, each new time it is done on a new server is simply not the same thing. This matters no more than the server firsts that happened after the world first previously. You're assigning it subjective value, and that's fine, but it's ultimately on you.
    It is stupid. Nobody is saying they're doing it for the first time, people are saying they beat everyone else to the finish line. Literally no different than any other kind of race, or would you say football, sprint, nascar etc is pointless too because it's been done before? What matters is the people competing, not what they're competing in.
    Not at all, but you're making it out to matter more than it does. You're competing on a mathed out, tired circuit. Naowh didn't use a new method never seen before. He repeated a previous "achievement".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    The issue at hand isnt if he got "World First", its if he exploited.
    Did he use a new bug that only exists in this new edition, that nobody knew about that he discovered on the ptr?

Then he exploited.

Did he use existing mechanics describing how the game functioned for the two+ years of WotLK when it came out a decade ago, recreated in WotLK classic, that Blizzard failed to address yet again?

He didn't exploit, he played the game as it exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did exploiit and should get banned plain and simple.

But he won't be because he's part of Blizzards favourite players.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Beryfes View Post
    Thats official word from Blizzard's Support:
    You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

It doesn't matter if you care or not about this situation. There are rules written by Blizzard that we all agree by playing game.

And this is not the only single situation like this. What about druid's flying form in Northrend 15 minutes after WOTLK Classic relase? Who done realm first Herbalism?
    The TOS actually doesn't mean anything, you know that right? It doesn't matter in the real world, you cant enforce it by law for example.
    If you keep reading, you'll also find out blizzard can terminate your account just because they feel like it.

Its been this way for 20 years, its only an exploit when blizzard takes action against it, until then? Clever use of game mechanics.

First off, did you really need to make a new account for this thread?

As for the topic, he exploited, and it was a known one, but it's an irrelevant 'world first' on a re-release of an old expansion, so, does it really matter? Personally, i couldn't care less.

If people really are upset about this, i sincerely have to wonder.... why? Give it a rest to the couple of dudes running the classic systems.

If he ends up getting a ban or suspension, cool, but then again, does it really matter? Does it have any impact whatsoever on your enjoyment of the game? If you even play the game in the first place.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2022-09-28 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post

The problem here is that you're counting both original Wrath and Classic Wrath as Olympic games. In reality, Classic is more like a little league sport. Or, hell, Wrath is MLB baseball, Classic is teeball.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    If it's been done before, they didn't get there first. I've never seen a sentence so fully contradict itself before.
    Not sure if you're being obtuse on purpose but if you don't understand: Wrath of the Lich King (2010) and Classic Wrath are not the same thing. People who were 80 back then are not 80 still.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    a random echo nobody
    I'm not a fan of Naowh myself, but to call him a nobody is just bizarre. He's got plenty of world first mythic endboss kills from recent raids and has won everything you can think of when it comes to m+.

It's like calling Messi a random football nobody, or Lebron a random basketball nobody. Like them or not; the statement makes you come off as bit sad. I hope you feel better than it seems

On topic:
    Let them cheat. It's classic. The WotLK world first happened almost 14 years ago.