10+ Year Old Account
    @Slant

I think you can add every nuclear armed nation to that list, maybe not North Korea but even them I currently see as more reliable and responsible than russia. Even if the US and China came to blows I'm not sure it'll end up nuclear, russia Vs the US or China? Almost guaranteed to go nuclear.

Art. 5 will likely not be invoked for something like this no, unless it's on sovereign territory of NATO (+Finland and Sweden), but it is a bit of a soft deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I think people don't understand what is going on, but the mainstream media just confuses the issue. I'll try to explain this war in as few words as possible, so this post is not meant to be nuanced, its meant to convey exactly what is going on in few words.

The US has been bombing Russia (Belgorod) for months. Russia will nuke in response if it doesn't stop.

Everything else is just details. That's what really matters to the planet here.
    The US has been bombing Belgorod for months and there are still buildings left standing? unlike the Russian army I don't think the US army would be capable of that level of incompetence.

Did you mean to say that Ukraine has struck at fuel and ammo storage near Belgorod twice? in the last 7 months?

I can see how you might confuse the 2, they are after all very similar.

Ps.
    I think one of those 2 was explained by Russia as an accident with smoking or some such, so really its 1 attack in 7 months.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2022-09-28 at 08:06 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I think people don't understand what is going on, but the mainstream media just confuses the issue. I'll try to explain this war in as few words as possible, so this post is not meant to be nuanced, its meant to convey exactly what is going on in few words.

The US has been bombing Russia (Belgorod) for months. Russia will nuke in response if it doesn't stop.

No they haven't. The US hasn't had any part in this war but send Ukraine weapons and intel.

[B]The US has been bombing Russia (Belgorod) for months.
    The US has? Surely you've got some sauce for that spaghetti?

If only you had sources that weren't your ass.

You know that with Shalcker gone you don't have to take the helm, right?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    No they haven't. The US hasn't had any part in this war but send Ukraine weapons and intel.
    And apart from that the big picture is even simpler.

Russia has unprovoked invaded yet another sovereign nation - Ukraine, violating Article 2(4) of the United Nations Charter.
    Russia had no right to do that, and Russia also broke another agreement in doing that.
    But Ukraine has the right to defend itself - alone or together with others.

So, even if it had been the US bombing Belgorod the big picture remain Russia would still be violating the UN Charter, and Ukraine and the US would still be in the clear.

I'll reply to this in as few words as possible. To convey a response to your statement.

No they aren't. No they won't

Everything else is just bullshit.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Let him humiliate himself. It'll be funnier when the war is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage to the...hold on.

The US has been bombing Russia (Belgorod) for months
    Even Russia says that's Ukrainian missiles and shells. You are mistaken.

Damage to the pipeline now confirmed to be sabotage.

The mysterious leaks in the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines detected Tuesday were the "result of a deliberate act," the EU's foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said in a statement Wednesday on behalf of the union's 27 members.

While Borrell did not name a culprit, he added that "safety and environmental concerns are of utmost priority. These incidents are not a coincidence and affect us all."

What they're saying: “All available information indicates those leaks are the result of a deliberate act," Borrell added.

“We will support any investigation aimed at getting full clarity on what happened and why, and will take further steps to increase our resilience in energy security.”

“Any deliberate disruption of European energy infrastructure is utterly unacceptable and will be met with a robust and united response.”
    State of play: Former CIA Director John Brennan told CNN on Wednesday that he believes the leaks were a result of sabotage most likely by Russia.

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov on Wednesday dismissed suggestions that Russia could be behind the leaks as "quite predictable and also predictably stupid," Reuters reported.

Russia's FSB intelligence agency is investigating the pipes' damage as an act of "international terrorism," the country's general prosecutor's office announced Wednesday, Russian news agency Interfax reported, per Reuters.
    Quite frankly, we're entering a position where Russia claiming it wasn't them should be taken as admission it was. Remember how they claimed this wasn't a war?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Quite frankly, we're entering a position where Russia claiming it wasn't them should be taken as admission it was. Remember how they claimed this wasn't a war?
    As far as I understand they still claim that, but it may change in a few days.

10+ Year Old Account

No it hasn't, you're swallowing too much Russian propaganda if that's your idea of what's going on.

The US is giving Ukraine weapons, it isn't actively fighting Russia itself. There's nuance there that actually matters despite Russian ideas in propaganda that they're actually at war with NATO itself, which is flatly untrue.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    If only you had sources that weren't your ass.

I thought that was Waffles' job. I think Koko's more filling in for Yuppie in this case; between the scaremongering about Nukes and hot takes so divorced from reality they've entered the 4th dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I thought that was Waffles' job. I think Koko's more filling in for Yuppie in this case; between the scaremongering about Nukes and hot takes so divorced from reality they've entered the 4th dimension.
    Time? ……

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    He seems to be echoing more the "Russia is an unstoppable foe, and supporting Ukraine and opposing Russia is ultimately pointless, best to just let Russia do what it wants." Russia's war crimes, crumbling economy, and lack of any form of military infrastructure, discipline, or resolve simply go unmentioned.

Despite, you know, all evidence to the contrary.

That sound about right @Kokolums ?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    He seems to be echoing more the "Russia is an unstoppable foe, and supporting Ukraine and opposing Russia is ultimately pointless, best to just let Russia do what it wants." Russia's war crimes, crumbling economy, and lack of any form of military infrastructure, discipline, or resolve simply go unmentioned.

I like how Russian propaganda makes them look totally inept when you think about it. Somehow the US and Ukraine have successfully created black magic super soldiers on drugs that can mind control old ladies thousands of miles away, have magic missiles that can quickly reverse course and look like they came from the Russian side and nearly wiped out the entire Russian military by just bombing a single city in Russia. Oh and Russian ships constantly sink in normal weather. They make it sound like they are cavemen fighting humans from the civil war on an open field its so lopsided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I like how Russian propaganda makes them look totally inept when you think about it. Somehow the US and Ukraine have successfully created black magic super soldiers on drugs that can mind control old ladies thousands of miles away, have magic missiles that can quickly reverse course and look like they came from the Russian side and nearly wiped out the entire Russian military by just bombing a single city in Russia. Oh and Russian ships constantly sink in normal weather. They make it sound like they are cavemen fighting humans from the civil war on an open field its so lopsided.
    They've gotten themselves into a state where they have to either excuse their ineptitude as Ukraine/whomever as having beaten them... or admit they were colossally inept. Neither of which make them look any better.

But you see that sort of narrative from all wannabe-strongmen who need a constant force to vilify to earn support, like with the GOP in the US. The democrats/leftists/liberals are equally both weak, powerless, and unable to govern, but are at the same time able to perpetrate massive electoral fraud, control doctors and scientists the world over, and overall control almost all media.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Let him humiliate himself. It'll be funnier when the war is over.
    She's been doing that for half a decade now since Trump was elected. Constant, nonstop, raving about how a civil war would happen the moment anything happened to Trump (impeachments 1 & 2, the law going after him, being voted out, etc.) almost every single post on this forum is pure humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

If evidence stopped folks like Kokolums then they wouldn't be the person(s) they are today.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Source? Because the US has been very careful not to get involved with Russia directly, going as far as forbidding Ukraine to use US weapons on non-Ukrainian soil. I call bullshit on this.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Damage to the...hold on.

Even Russia says that's Ukrainian missiles and shells. You are mistaken.

Damage to the pipeline now confirmed to be sabotage.

Not yet, while the pool of potential suspects is small and the probability that it wasn't russia even smaller we shouldn't make such statements without proof. The EU says it was deliberate but doesn't say who they think was behind it. Meaning they either can't proof it or the evidence is pointing onto another direction than expected.

NB: russia is the prime suspect for me as well I just want to be sure and saying: you deny therefore you are guilty is a very archaic thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Not yet, while the pool of potential suspects is small and the probability that it wasn't russia even smaller we shouldn't make such statements without proof. The EU says it was deliberate but doesn't say who they think was behind it. Meaning they either can't proof it or the evidence is pointing onto another direction than expected.

NB: russia is the prime suspect for me as well I just want to be sure and saying: you deny therefore you are guilty is a very archaic thought process.
    For the sake of argument: Who else?

I commend your strict demand for proof or evidence, but just for funsies... NATO countries are not exactly known to blow shit up in their territory to blame Russia. That's Russia's game. Who else even has access to these pipes? I think we can rule out terrorism from the Middle East, they don't have the capabilities nor the opportunity to pull something like this off.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.