Actually like the Group loot change - the social experiment known as personal loot can finally end, after making ppl suffer through it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Master loot was not any better imo, before you joined you had to check if a gazillion items were reserved. If Blizz does this correctly it can work out, making it so people who dont need or cant even use an itemnis unable to need it. Could also make it so you cannot need roll if you have higher ilvl in that slot and before you say you can just take it before pull I dont see why this shouldnt include items in your bag.

If Blizz want us to get the feeling of winning loot again so badly they should just add a loot or money dice to the personal loot so basically you can see if the boss gives you loot or not much like a coin roll from mop and onwards. Aslong as we have a fair loot distribution system I dont mind either way.
    I don't agree on the ilvl restrictions, what if I had a 250 ilvl chest and a 245 ilvl tier chest dropped? Yes it's a lower ilvl but that might make my 2 or 4 set bonus which would be a DPS gain so it'd be reasonable to 'need' it imo
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    No it really was. Everyone needed on everything they could possibly use. Either because they didn't know how the game worked, or because they were trolling. If someone got double weapons they tended to just ignore those who also needed one, again because they either didn't know how to trade, or actually considered the gold important.

Personal loot was added for the express purpose of making gearing in LFR painless.
    No, it wasn't.

LFR was "personal loot" since MoP, but not the personal loot they introduced in Legion(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Yeah... no...
    Might've been the case up to S3, but not now in S4. Where in the open world can I get 265-272 pieces
    Season 4 is exception, world content wasn't updated so LFR has better gear first time since Blackrock Foundry days.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Actually like the Group loot change - the social experiment known as personal loot can finally end, after making ppl suffer through it for years.
    Group loot is ass.

The only thing that made personal loot fail was the trading restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    No it really was. Everyone needed on everything they could possibly use. Either because they didn't know how the game worked, or because they were trolling. If someone got double weapons they tended to just ignore those who also needed one, again because they either didn't know how to trade, or actually considered the gold important.

Personal loot was added for the express purpose of making gearing in LFR painless.
    You misunderstood. Yes, that's how it was implemented. It also didn't work as a system in the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Eh, it was less suffering than the days of group loot. I imagine this new experiment won't last nearly as long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    No, it wasn't.

LFR was "personal loot" since MoP, but not the personal loot they introduced in Legion(?)
    Yes, because Dragon Soul LFR, the first LFR, was complete shitshow with group loot.

That is what pushed Blizzard into making personal loot first for LFR, later to everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do not look forward to dealing with strangers needing items they don't actually need out of spite, trolling, or just decide to fuck you over because they want the transmog appearance.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I do not look forward to dealing with strangers needing items they don't actually need out of spite, trolling, or just decide to fuck you over because they want the transmog appearance.
    Again, why would wanting a transmog appearance be "deciding to fuck over other people"? I couldn't care less for stats, I'm playing for the collections. If someone helps down a boss they have the same right to roll for gear as anyone else, even if the "stats aren't better for them".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Ress sickness change:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Again, why would wanting a transmog appearance be "deciding to fuck over other people"? I couldn't care less for stats, I'm playing for the collections. If someone helps down a boss they have the same right to roll for gear as anyone else, even if the "stats aren't better for them".
    Because people will and have done what they want selfishly even though its kinda a dick move. I'm no fan of personal loot persay but he's not wrong.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because people will and have done what they want selfishly even though its kinda a dick move. I'm no fan of personal loot persay but he's not wrong.
    But they can do exactly the same with personal loot too? I can get an item I already own and wear and still just sell it to a vendor instead of rolling it out, right now, on life server. Or even better, I just never loot a boss and wait for the mail to arrive like on christmas morning - we actually had exactly that with a mythic raid trial.

Also I think we already got a datamine that it's kinda prohibited the roll of need if you already got a better item (which again, I disagree with - sometimes an item with different stats may be better than what you want, or you just want the transmog and imo deserve the item just as much as some random who happens to wear blues and greens).
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-29 at 02:34 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

But they can do exactly the same with personal loot too? I can get an item I already own and wear and still just sell it to a vendor instead of rolling it out, right now, on life server. Group loot changes nothing regarding that?
    But it does, with Group loot your are given the OPTION to take a piece of gear that's a huge upgrade for another person or just just be a dick about it, but with PL you don't get a say in whether you can take that item away from that person as their luck awarded them that item and not you.

7+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less for stats, I'm playing for the collections.
    This is a game where people spend their time and money so they can progress their character.
    You might not value character progression, but the rest of the playerbase does.

You needing on an item another player could've used to progress their character, just so it can sit in your bag for 1 minutes before you delete it or sell it for 15 gold is an incredible fucking dickmove.
    If you don't want people to view you as a piece of shit, then don't need on items that you don't literally need.

ESPECIALLY fucking nowadays where you have a multitude of ways to collect a specific item appearance.
    Just take the less disrupting route instead.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    But it does, with Group loot your are given the OPTION to take a piece of gear that's a huge upgrade for another person or just just be a dick about it, but with PL you don't get a say in whether you can take that item away from that person as their luck awarded them that item and not you.
    No, it's literally the same thing. The only difference is that with perso loot, the game is rolling "need" for anyone who is eligable to get that item. Hence you can end up with an item thats no upgrade for you that you can than either roll out, or just sell or idk put on your bank. At the end of the day, group loot is just as luck dependend as perso loot, as both systems work with a roll. You just don't see the perso loot roll right now :X

#TEAMGIRAFFE

This is a game where people spend their time and money so they can progress their character.

You needing on an item another player could've used to progress their character, just so it can sit in your bag for 1 minutes before you delete it or sell it for 15 gold is an incredible fucking dickmove.
    If you don't want people to view you as a piece of shit, then don't need on items that you don't literally need.

ESPECIALLY fucking nowadays where you have a multitude of ways to collect a specific item appearance.
    All I can say to this is well said tbh, this is gonna cause alsorts of issues, Blizz are so dumb.

7+ Year Old Account

But you can do literally the same with perso loot right now? No ones forcing people to roll out stuff if they already got a "better" item on life server, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

All I can say to this is well said tbh, this is gonna cause alsorts of issues, Blizz are so dumb.
    Maybe we should all wait and see how the new system is implemented before reacting to it? It's implied you won't be able to roll need if you don't need an item anyways.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

But you can do literally the same with perso loot right now? No ones forcing people to roll out stuff if they already got a "better" item on life server, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we should all wait and see how the new system is implemented before reacting to it? It's implied you won't be able to roll need if you don't need an item anyways.
    Why wait? you can already see the shitshow in classic, GDKP, people rolling need on absolutely everything... This shit is outta control and people are too dumb to be given such a responsibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying not giving away something you get is the same as taking something away from someone else? Because thats exactly the difference between keeping an item you got from personal loot and needing on an item you don't need.
    Also, there is no need to wait at all. This shit has already been tried twice: Whenever Dragon Soul came out and whenever they reverted personal loot in dungeons in WoD. Both got massive backlash and in the WoD case, was quickly reverted to how it was. Group loot in pugs is unnecessary drama.

No, it's literally the same thing. The only difference is that with perso loot, the game is rolling "need" for anyone who is eligable to get that item. Hence you can end up with an item thats no upgrade for you that you can than either roll out, or just sell or idk put on your bank. At the end of the day, group loot is just as luck dependend as perso loot, as both systems work with a roll. You just don't see the perso loot roll right now :X
    Exactly this. Overall, you'll even mathematically have a slightly better chance to acquire loot with Group Loot, unless literally over 50% of people you play with are absolute dicks who won't trade loot they don't need slash pass on it.
    And tbh if that's the case, you probably have more issues even killing bosses due to randoms causing a wipe, whether through inattentiveness of malicious trolling.

Why wait? you can already see the shitshow in classic, GDKP, people rolling need on absolutely everything...
    Toxicity in Classic is hardly surprising, though. Especially the pug pool will be full of those players that left the live game due to "objectively bad things" such as new story beats and "wokeness".
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.