View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What on earth does "Famelic" even mean?

Nearest I can find is some antiquated meaning of "starving" or "famished"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    To the OP's credit, he's not calling them feminine, he's calling them famelic- famished or starving-looking.
    Ah, will have to add that to the list then.

With all the things people call them it really makes me wonder if some people have ever seen a woman or in this case a starving person before.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    the race is unplayable because they're thin and look malnourished.

Thats a new one
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I recall them saying that after tbc they didn't want to over sexualize characters. It's why the female worgen had the worst face imaginable for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    So many swol options out there...they must be majorly overcompensating for something since the seem to need to play characters who look like they have a side of steroids with every meal

They also don't seem to realize dragons aren't real, they're fantasy creatures and even then they come in all shapes and sizes...not all dragons are big and bulky like the Aspects type of dragon
    This!

I think the art looks great, and I'll be playing them. If anything, I think the draconids look way worse with having giant muscles and no necks. They can't even turn their heads! Not even the swol bros down at Venice's Muscle Beach are that beefy. Drakthyr are supposed to be agile. They actually look like a bipedal dragon race, not some failed experiment you let out of the cage once on the weekends.

It was never going to change. They don't change models really, or much of anything, while its in beta. They might update it years from now, but even that is pushing it. I probably won't play DF, just because there are far too many restrictions on the new race. I can understand not wanting to have the new class for every race, but not having other classes on the dragons? Not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    They are less homoerotic than playing a big burly orc all the time. I remember playing in 2004 and knowing my dad would be unhappy I was playing a game where women could choose nose rings.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand you. Didn't they remove the dope wargon skins for the more cartoony dog ones like more than a decade ago? Why are you still here?
    Why am i still where? You seem to have taken a lot of offense from someone simply stating their opinion, and even saying clearly that i fully support those with a different opinion. Worgan never bothered me - at all. But i find it quite disturbing you find orks "homoerotic", or that you would try and force sexuality into a video game at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    What on earth does "Famelic" even mean?

Nearest I can find is some antiquated meaning of "starving" or "famished"
    That is indeed an accurate description of how they look as dragons.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ah, will have to add that to the list then.

With all the things people call them it really makes me wonder if some people have ever seen a woman or in this case a starving person before.
    To be fair it's understandable if we take the game's art style into account. During TBC alpha male blood elves had a physique that would sit somewhere in the middle of the current dracthyr body thickness options and Blizz beefed up the model because they deemed it to be too thin or effeminate (can't remember the exact wording but it was something to that effect).

WoW characters were never realistic to begin with and in a way that was the charm. 'Human males' look nothing like irl men with arms thicker than their heads (and Kul Tiran males are practically gorilla sized) but we've come to take that as a norm within the game. If you're accustomed to theses kinds of characters the dracthyr, especially the first incarnation without the different body sizes, would look quite out of place.

I will not. They are kinda a let down. Went on beta and played it for like 30mins before I was kinda over it.

They look awful and maybe I'm just biased that they are not tinker lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    To be fair it's understandable if we take the game's art style into account. During TBC alpha male blood elves had a physique that would sit somewhere in the middle of the current dracthyr body thickness options and Blizz beefed up the model because they deemed it to be too thin or effeminate (can't remember the exact wording but it was something to that effect).

WoW characters were never realistic to begin with and in a way that was the charm. 'Human males' look nothing like irl men with arms thicker than their heads (and Kul Tiran males are practically gorilla sized) but we've come to take that as a norm within the game. If you're accustomed to theses kinds of characters the dracthyr, especially the first incarnation without the different body sizes, would look quite out of place.
    I just thought their bodily proportions weren't matching their heads and it gave off an odd look which is why I'm glad they added that 4th option. I wish they'd add a few more options but I feel that would be pushing things toward "never enough".

Eh I probably won't play them because Evoker sucks. The healing spec has so much potential but the range completely kills it for raids imo. Might play it in dungeons only. But Devastation belongs in the trash heap. The dps spec just sucks. Spells don't feel impactful, the rotation is anemic, the midrange style is bizarre given you have far less mobility and also are less tanky than e.g. a hunter.

As for the way the race looks, it's not what I wanted but it's not that bad. THere is a ton of customization and they absolutely don't look starving if you go for the heavier look (heck only the first model is thin; second is simply lithe and fourth is pretty bulky).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh I probably won't play them because Evoker sucks. The healing spec has so much potential but the range completely kills it for raids imo. Might play it in dungeons only. But Devastation belongs in the trash heap. The dps spec just sucks. Spells don't feel impactful, the rotation is anemic, the midrange style is bizarre given you have far less mobility and also are less tanky than e.g. a hunter.
    They really REALLY need to make disintegrate either unkickable and/or consume essence one at a time. It's the single most punishing spell if you get kicked, CC'd or otherwise interrupt the cast. Or just make disintegrate the filler and azure strike the essence spender, then they'd actually look like a mobile caster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    With the release date announced, any hope of improvements on actual look of wannabe dragons is gone and seems we´re stuck with the famelic lizards.
    Are you going to play them?
    What the hell is these famelic lizards you are whining about? Unless you're just trying to throw out a word for one of the Dracthyr's body shapes, then pick another? I believe there are 3. Oh well, complaints are gonna happen, don't play one then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Pretty much how I feel. The graphics upgrade is an actual downgrade for me, like as you said, everything feeling fluffy and cute. Just isn't my jam.
    Huh, didn't know I would see a Maw/Korthia fan, or is it more, Revendreth, or maybe Icecrown kinda vibe? The game would suck back time if everything was meant to be dark and gritty.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    They really REALLY need to make disintegrate either unkickable and/or consume essence one at a time. It's the single most punishing spell if you get kicked, CC'd or otherwise interrupt the cast. Or just make disintegrate the filler and azure strike the essence spender, then they'd actually look like a mobile caster.
    I think devastation will need a serious rework on 10.1. It's not just that the dps rotation is poor, the spec needs to be tankier or a better kiter as well; snaring things doesn't have much value if you can do no damage while moving (and being a scaled creature, making them tankier seems the better options regardless). Imo they should bake in half the armor bonus of Obsidian scales in the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go like.. Body type what.. 4? With that, you basically making humans, Worgen, elves (all of them), and Darkspear trolls the skinny ones.

If you want bigger, go Orc, Tauren, Draenei, Pandaren (though I feel you might not be a fan of those), Kul Tiran, or Dwarves.

There is a good selection of races to choose from in various sizes, unless of course you want to be an Evoker, then, body type 4, unless you aren't going to play at all, then I guess let others enjoy the game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    With the release date announced, any hope of improvements on actual look of wannabe dragons is gone and seems we´re stuck with the famelic lizards.
    Are you going to play them?
    I thought, that they had body customization. Anyway. I won't play them. Will wait for all classes to all races instead, even if it will happen for them in next xpack only. I won't repeat the same mistake, as with DHs. I have races, I like. They provide proper identification to me. I no longer want to be forced to play "wrong" races to be able to play certain classes. If Wow aims at being inclusive, this problem should be solved as soon as possible. Providing wide range of customizations to Dracthyrs doesn't help at all.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Huh, didn't know I would see a Maw/Korthia fan, or is it more, Revendreth, or maybe Icecrown kinda vibe? The game would suck back time if everything was meant to be dark and gritty.
    That's not exactly what I meant. If you look at the progression of how the game looks, from vanilla to now, while there is an obvious improvement to the graphics, the game also looks more cute and cuddly. Nowadays even the dark and gritty things aren't as dark and gritty as they once were, to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    I'm not sure if I can explain this well enough, but it's less atmosphere and more... art style? TBC was hella colourful but the art was a far cry from 'cute and fluffy', it was more in the lines of 'glamorous and over-the-top'. In DF it seems everything has these beady almost anime eyes and well trimmed cuddly fur/scales... at best it gives children's adventure novel vibes and at worst it feels a step or two away from the forbidden fantasies of some basement variety man-child...

Compare the proto-drake mounts from WotLK to the ones we get in DF. The former, despite the relatively crude texture, captures a fantasy beast aesthetic with the visible tongue, mottled scales and fiery eyes while the latter is very smooth and kinda looks like a plushie.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I thought, that they had body customization. Anyway. I won't play them. Will wait for all classes to all races instead, even if it will happen for them in next xpack only. I won't repeat the same mistake, as with DHs. I have races, I like. They provide proper identification to me. I no longer want to be forced to play "wrong" races to be able to play certain classes. If Wow aims at being inclusive, this problem should be solved as soon as possible. Providing wide range of customizations to Dracthyrs doesn't help at all.
    You're probably gonna be waiting a while...

Druid forms are a lot more involved per race. If they make orc druids and copy paste the forms people would bitch up a storm so every time they make a new druid race there comes a new slew of animations and models

Evokers are pretty heavily tied to the race and would require either a drastic change to make it work with the other races or make it so they turn into Dracthyr in order to fight which means in reality what the fucks the point?

Demon Hunters would require a new set of voice lines and customizatoins cause if they threw wings on a Tauren and called it a day ya'll would riot