10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Whats more amusing is the lack of ability to understand anything like you have just proven, they do an update when its ready not just because.
    Uhh.. You miss the point entirely, if they make deadlines/set schedules and still can't meet them or stick to them after 12 years, then there's a clear issue with how they're managed. From a backer/investor point of view that looks bad. I'm not your run of the mill hater either, I've invested my own money into this project and after a few years now I've grown increasingly frustrated with their professionalism.

If they can't meet the Q3 deadline they set for themselves, they should stop setting deadlines to avoid looking bad. They're approaching their time-frame for 3.19 in a few days and they've still not even released 1.18 to the PTU. You can't sit there and throw out this tired old argument of "BUT ALPHA" either, that argument has been done and abused for so many years now that it's starting to look pitiful at this point.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2022-09-30 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Playing the game is not a pre-requisite for posting here. Get off the fucking high horse. You are saying "Discussion in football threads get corrupted by same toxic posters who have nothing to add since they don't even play the game."
    If you have nothing constructive to add about the thread topic just stay silent, it's not that hard.

Again who is the one that has a host of toxic quotes? Oh yeah that'd be you
    You mean who has obsessive stalkers that can't stand seeing their doomsday narrative getting wrecked year in year out

Let's focus on SC. Development started in 2010. It is nearing 2023. CP2077 actually released a game. SC has failed to do so.
    But SC is release as an early-access title though, it's been playable for years and getting updated as it's developed.

You know what I had a huge thing typed out to reply, but fuck it. View it however wrongly you want. If you think a crowdfunded game is the same as a game being made internally by a company using their own money, go ahead and believe that warped dream.
    Yeah it is just way I said so, that you don't like it is all but irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Uhh.. You miss the point entirely, if they make deadlines/set schedules and still can't meet them or stick to them after 12 years, then there's a clear issue with how they're managed. From a backer/investor point of view that looks bad. I'm not your run of the mill hater either, I've invested my own money into this project and after a few years now I've grown increasingly frustrated with their professionalism.

If they can't meet the Q3 deadline they set for themselves, they should stop setting deadlines to avoid looking bad.
    That's such a flawed narrative, by that line of thought studios with 20-30 years of experience that keep having their games delayed are all being mismanaged. Which, we know factually that it happens often across the industry with all kinds of studios: https://kotaku.com/why-video-games-a...ten-1795473828

Talking about delays, I think next in line will be Starfield. Space games are hard yo.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-09-30 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    If you have nothing constructive to add about the thread topic just stay silent, it's not that hard.
    And yet you are still here posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    And yet you are still here posting.
    Someone has to teach the noobs around here something about the actual game once in a while

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post

If they can't meet the Q3 deadline they set for themselves, they should stop setting deadlines to avoid looking bad. They're approaching their time-frame for 3.19 in a few days and they've still not even released 1.18 to the PTU. You can't sit there and throw out this tired old argument of "BUT ALPHA" either, that argument has been done and abused for so many years now that it's starting to look pitiful at this point.
    There is no specific deadline they have set to release the patches, they release when they are ready enough and not before, they have already said this many times but ignorant ppl dont listen.

No developer sticks to your so called deadlines, skull and bones pushed back again and several times, GTA 6 on for at least 12 years development and pushed back many times, you have no invested money into the project you donated it. Development of a game is not a straight line all companies have to overcome many different issues. If a game needs more time it needs more time, dont complain about a company wanting to make a better game.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-09-30 at 01:16 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I took what asinine thing you said and turned it into an analogy about something else using your own logic. You didn't like what I said and claim I am not being constructive. LO FUCKING L. Also, I post about WHATEVER I want WHENEVER I want and if you don't like it use the report feature. I follow the forum rules. Period.

This is not your thread so get off the fucking high horse.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean who has obsessive stalkers that can't stand seeing their doomsday narrative getting wrecked year in year out
    You have a history of being toxic in this thread. That is a fact. Doomsday narrative? I think the narrative is we have to do nothing but watch the years tick by with this game failing to launch. It is nearing year 13. THIRTEEN YEARS no complete game. Yup so getting wrecked here.

- - - Updated - - -

But SC is release as an early-access title though, it's been playable for years and getting updated as it's developed.
    A perpetual alpha is not early access. But hey whatever, it can stay in alpha for many more years because it has to. It isn't close to ready. Going to blow past Duke Nukem and set some records, woo!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it is just way I said so, that you don't like it is all but irrelevant.
    You're still wrong but that is the track record you have in this thread ever since you started posting to shill for CIG.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone has to teach the noobs around here something about the actual game once in a while
    Yup we're the toxic ones.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no specific deadline they have set to release the patches
    Dates don't mean anything, man. They said years on the end of their "donation" drives that just don't mean anything, not a promise of the game coming out or anything. Lolz.

- - - Updated - - -

they have already said this many times but ignorant ppl dont listen.
    They have provided many dates and missed them but ignorant ppl dont listen.

- - - Updated - - -

No developer sticks to your so called deadlines
    And most devs are not being crowdfunded and have the most robust cash shop in gaming history. Weird huh?

The Kickstarter happened in 2012 so not 12 years to begin with, and the project started with around 10 ppl, if you understood even the slightest bit of what it takes to develop a game like star citizen you would realise it needs a ton of time and lots of developers to make it, full development has been around 6 years for the game, some games take 8-9 years to develop with a company with 1000 plus staff, do you really expect a much larger game to be made with no staff and resources to be made faster when they built the company from the ground up.

Its plain stupid to expect a large scale MMO and a single player game to be made faster than some single player games, when a company starts from nothing and no staff, but then say well this company made a game in x time so why should star citizen take longer than a fully established studio.
    What's plain stupid is buying into Chris Roberts' crazy feature-creep that constitutes "game development."

But hey, whales bought the sauce and gave him $500mil for it. He might actually release Squadron 42 in 2029? I don't expect the main Star Citizen game to ever be complete or even playable by most people... just those filling the coffers of CIG.

Glad we made some progress. We finally can all accept that "game development time" can vary depending when you ask and who you ask because it can be open to interpretation. Depending on what one considers "actual game development" or "pre-production" "toilet paper" whatever.

So, The CP2077 dev who said Cyberpunk development started in 2016 wasn't lying just like when someone says that actual Star Citizen development started in 2015/16. What they mean it's when the core final scope was nailed down and the teams started working towards that vision. As one can guess, most studios when revealing their "development timelines" don't take into account the "first note about the game" because by then it could've been just another prototype like many others that lead nowhere.

Along with acknowledging that said pre-production stages can take a long ass time and extend for many years. That scope change, tech R&D etc are part of making new games and that those can bring added uncertainty the more ambitious or "out-of-the-box" the game is. Not unheard of in big game dev productions.
    I mean, “open to interpretation” like this:
    hes been working on this project since around 2011
    development didn't properly start till early 2013
    The game has only been in proper development for around 5 years
    The company was not fully manned until 2017, full development has only been going on the past 2 years
    in reality its been 7-8 years development which for a game of this scale is not really that long and within about a year SQ42 should be in the final polishing phase.
    But sure my dude, Star Citizen development started in 2016, while the original release year for Squadron 42 was 2014, fine by me, whatever floats your boat.

This might come as a surprise but money is money, doesn't matter where it comes from. What it matters is the terms attached to it. If it comes from one single private investor, a country or a million of backers. What it matters is the terms of the investment.

As long as the company full-fills what's agreed when the investment money was given it's theirs to use as they see fit.

So, in that way, CIG IS using their own money and just because they are a crowdfunded company doesn't mean they are obligated to release a rushed game to meet an artificial date or that they need to cater specifically to what one backer or investor wants. They are all entitled to the game Chris Roberts/CIG is making, but they aren't entitled to dictate how the money is used or how development is done. That's just the way it is.
    Yes, it does come as a surprise, holy shit, you would make a brilliant lawyer.

“What it matters is the terms attached to it”

Yet if I point out the terms that were attached to the Kickstarter, something tells me that I’ll have to sit through the “development changes!” and that the “community totally voted for it!” (at least <15% of the community did), all over again, won’t I?

His name doesn't ring a bell and neither Schell Games. I don't think I've ever played any of his games. Have you?
    Among Us VR. But why does it matter? His +20 years of experience aren’t enough as well?

Jeez, I wonder what sort of curriculum you need to actually be able to raise some criticism towards this game then...

Oh... I'm so sorry that posting facts and videos that contradict that sad doomsday narrative of yours. Sorry for posting videos of gameplay loops. Sorry for posting about development and patches. Sorry for pointing out that player cap wasn't reduced to 40 back in the day. Sorry to point out that whole argument was a waste of time. As in development things are bound to improve as things work out. Again, sorry that the player cap was extended to 100+. Sorry because the company didn't collapsed. Sorry that Chris Roberts wasn't arrested.
    Sorry for posting videos of players having fun playing Star Citizen. Sorry for posting videos with tips and tricks for new players. Also, sorry for pointing out how the funding keeps increasing every year along with player engagement and concurrency.

So Sorry.
    Now that’s just sad though… what a pathetic and desperate way of trying to dismiss your own posts while accusing others of toxicity and negativity

And what would that be? I'm genuine curious what disgruntled gamers think they are accomplishing by obsessing with games they don't enjoy or see any future with.

Specially since year after year their crusade of negativity and toxicity only gets more and more pathetic as the game improves and it's playerbase grows.
    I mean Derek and Co managed to grew out of it so there's hope for anyone. Hopefully we'll all be here when the dissonance finally hits them too. Best of luck!
    I already told you before already:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53783930

… and I’ll tell you again, I’m here to have fun =)

But see, the fact that you are still insisting on preaching about “toxicity” and “negativity” while still refusing to acknowledge your own post history, where’s over 8 years’ worth of insults thrown around at other users for daring to criticize a video game project, and shit talking games such as Elite Dangerous and EVE Online, it just fills my heart with joy.

It’s evident that you don’t have any fucking problem with “negativity” or “toxicity”, your problem is when anything remotely close to that is pointed towards Star Citizen, and that sort of hypocrisy is incredibly entertaining.

Obsession as an hobby is indeed very sad. Imagine having that kind of dedication but for something worthy. Such a waste of existence.
    Jeez dude, just because you dedicated 8 years of your life flaming people around the internet for making fun of a video game you don’t have to consider yourself a waste of existence, chill down, as long as you had fun, that’s what matters, right? =)

Ah, I kid, I kid, but to be honest, watching you dance around it the way you do makes it so fucking worth it.

Pro-tip, browse a random Star Citizen youtube video and post it at the end of it.

Bam! Totally fucking constructive now, am I right?
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-09-30 at 01:55 AM.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    What's plain stupid is buying into Chris Roberts' crazy feature-creep that constitutes "game development."

But hey, whales bought the sauce and gave him $500mil for it. He might actually release Squadron 42 in 2029? I don't expect the main Star Citizen game to ever be complete or even playable by most people... just those filling the coffers of CIG.
    You are basically calling all gamers stupid then, because any gamer would back the game type of thier choice just like we have done for star citizen with thier own money if given the chance for the game they have always been waiting for.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I don't recognize his name and I don't think I've ever played any game made by him. Have you? Anything worthy?

As for why they can't release the single player yet. Same reason why Bethesda can't release Starfield or Rockstar can't release GTA6 etc. They're not ready yet.
    How many game dev names do you actually know? At best you might know one or two names from a game you really like unless you work for a game or are unhealthily obsessed. What makes a game worthy in your eyes? I'm sure if the guy worked for disney or some shit and made multiple mmos you would claim that isn't worthy enough as they only made 499 million or the graphics were too cartoony or some shit. And what did that guy do to you to make you be rude dick about it? Literally any criticism about the game and you gotta attack people like they raped your grandpa.

How many games say a game is close to release then continue to push it back years? And when has a game ever done that and it not be about incompetence? If the only thing stopping the mmo part of the game of being an actual game is server meshing then please tell me what is causing the delay in the single player game?

Obsession as an hobby is indeed very sad. Imagine having that kind of dedication but for something worthy. Such a waste of existence.
    You mean like someone posting 99.99% of their posts in a single thread on a forum? Or is it ok to do if they are paid?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2022-09-30 at 02:21 AM.

I also need to point out that is rather funny that the person who just started listing "haters" nicknames last page is now telling us about "unhealthy obsessions" because I threw a bunch of keywords into the search function and pressed quote a couple dozen times
    Ahahahaha!

Also another good one: Delays In Games

Worthy sub!

I'm glad you concur with his views

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Darrah - Delays in Gamedev - 12m00s
    I do think that a date does provide completion urgency, and we keep coming back to that as being something that you need on your project. Without the need to put your pencils down and be done with something, because a date is approaching, some people on your team will never be done with something. They will keep iterating forever. Because almost all features could be slightly better, or at least slightly different, and you may churn for all time. If you want to go the Blizzard route, and basically make it done when it's done, be aware that often that's going to come at the consequence of essentially having a lot of difficulty completing anything.

From the comments:

Quote Originally Posted by BelieveIt1051
    Shigeru Miyamoto has said, "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever." He would later expound that if you release a game in a bad state you will always regret it. But then on the other end of the spectrum you have Star Citizen, which by the time it comes out people will actually be living in space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Darrah
    Duke Nukem Forever is another game delayed until it had to be rebooted several times.
    You have to ship eventually.

I took what asinine thing you said and turned it into an analogy about something else using your own logic. You didn't like what I said and claim I am not being constructive. LO FUCKING L. Also, I post about WHATEVER I want WHENEVER I want and if you don't like it use the report feature. I follow the forum rules. Period.
    Just try posting something constructive about the game or it's development. I know you have it in ya.

This is not your thread so get off the fucking high horse.
    Maybe try getting out of the mud pit so you don't have to look up all the time. Being Knee deep in negativity and drama for the sake of being toxic years on end just because you don't like a game doesn't seem healty.

You have a history of being toxic in this thread. That is a fact. Doomsday narrative? I think the narrative is we have to do nothing but watch the years tick by with this game failing to launch. It is nearing year 13. THIRTEEN YEARS no complete game. Yup so getting wrecked here.
    Indeed I do have a history of discussing the game features, posting development updates and general news about the game this thread is about. I also take the time to
    call out the usual bullshit drama and negativity spiled by the same posters that live for pushing toxity year after year. This rattles them enough that the thread keeps on going.

Should be an exception but unfortunately most of posters that actually play and enjoy Star Citizen have long left this forum.

Let's be honest though, a space sim MMO with open PVP and Full loot is not what the typical WoW player will fancy playing so at most we get curious bystanders.

A perpetual alpha is not early access. But hey whatever, it can stay in alpha for many more years because it has to. It isn't close to ready. Going to blow past Duke Nukem and set some records, woo!
    You're still wrong but that is the track record you have in this thread ever since you started posting to shill for CIG.
    Oh but it can be. And it is. Just like Tarkov and many other games early acces games. What you personally consider release is all but irrelevant.

Same as what you feel about how studios get their funding or how long a studio develops their games.

You don't care about those topics, all you care is that you have an axe to grind with Star Citizen that you want to see fail so you have to keep coping the best you can while it gets developed.

Again, sad existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    I told you before already:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53783930

… and I’ll tell you again, I’m here to have fun =)
    Ah a dedicated troll. No wonder this thread keeps going to the top

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    How many game dev names do you actually know? At best you might know one or two names from a game you really like unless you work for a game or are unhealthily obsessed.
    I mean is that a real question? Miyamoto, Sid Meyer's, Garriot, Roberts, Spector, Brevik, Kojima, Zampetta, Tod Pappy, Zurovec, Greg Street, Cory Balorg, Sean Murray, Cobretta, Tod Howard... from the top of my head

I'm a gamer from the 90's so having the dev's name on the cover was usual. Like people look to see movies with certain actors some gamers may like to play games from specific game designers.

What makes a game worthy in your eyes?
    I mean if you gonna use the opinion of a game dev to judge a project of such scale is worth to know what is his experience with such projects right?

Just as a chef working on a burger joint will have different standards of serving and time lenght for a dish than a michelin graded one.

I mean if you're trying to use his statement of "no game should longer than 7 years" yet we've seen multiple examples of such from the best game studios in the world. Where does that leave his opinion?

Or he is unaware of the increasing development timeline of most ambitious games or is not accounting for the pre-production stage. Which in that case taking it into account the Star Citizen context would invalidate the point.

How many games say a game is close to release then continue to push it back years? And when has a game ever done that and it not be about incompetence? If the only thing stopping the mmo part of the game of being an actual game is server meshing then please tell me what is causing the delay in the single player game?
    Not enough of them as the recent rushed releases have shown. Fortunately studios seem to be adapting which is why were seeing longer development lenghts.

Squadron42 Is taking thisnlong because of it's ambitious goals. Making a fully fledged open universe space-opera while giving the player so much freedom in movie like quality fidelity while being as seamless as possible involves a lot of time to get right.

You mean like someone posting 99.99% of their posts in a single thread on a forum? Or is it ok to do if they are paid?
    In case you haven't noticed plenty of posters post here exclusively, some even felt the to create multiple accounts and come back just to post here specifically.

Are they being paid? Are you being paid? Cause I want in if so.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-09-30 at 12:38 PM.

Ah a dedicated troll. No wonder this thread keeps going to the top
    A troll? Sure, however, you give me way to much credit for something like that.

It's easy to get the thread on top
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53788809

I'm not the one boasting and bumping the thread with YouTube videos every time the thread hits the second page my dude.

Also, I stumbled upon a good one, I hope you don't mind sharing this one as well:

I'll be right here posting about the game this thread is about and if I have to call out the bullshit and expose hypocrites and liars I'll do it without blinking.
    For someone who's here to expose hypocrites without blinking, you sure as hell are putting a lot of effort keeping that head of yours buried deep within the sand when it comes to your post history =) Odd for someone who’s been insisting on talking about my own postings habits for the last couple of pages now.

Weren’t here trying to make me understand? C’mon, make me understand why is fine for you to insult other users and shit on other games, but a problem worth of vilifying people when they criticize or joke about Start Citizen, I’m waiting.
    Ahahahaha!

Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't knew that posting videos and news about features and patch updates about a game in development was such an horrible crime.

How deep does that obssession with seing a game fail goes that you see that as such a grievous action.

I'm sorry that the company keeps developing the game as they want, that old and new players keep enjoying themselves and that the company keeps getting funding.

So so sorry.

I there's really no need to expose the haters in this thread their toxic obsession is doing that just fine.

As usual, I can explain it to them, but I can't make them understand it.

Only Time will take care of that for them

Just like Derek, his minions and all the trolls before.

- - - Updated - - -

Shortie of Q3 update:

Slow news month with 3.18 update still with QA. Hopefully going to evocati next week. Citizencon event next week should bring more goodies.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-09-30 at 12:52 PM.

Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't knew that posting videos and news about features and patch updates about a game in development was such an horrible crime.
    I still can't quite put my finger if you just struggle to understand people point's or if it's just easier for you to argue against your own ridiculously overblown poor interpretations of them. I've said nothing about being wrong sharing videos, I'm merely pointed out that the reason behind it is pretty obvious, especially when you openly admit to it, therefore let’s not play coy now and start pushing the credit of it into others.

How deep does that obssession with seing a game fail goes that you see that as such a grievous action.

I'm sorry that the company keeps developing the game as they want, that old and new players keep enjoying themselves and that the company keeps getting funding.

So so sorry. .
    Don’t be sorry, just be better.

I already told you plenty that I have no wish to see the company fail.

That’s just another preconceived notion of yours that you need to keep pushing into everyone that you disagree with to avoid addressing what they are actually saying while pretending to have some sort of moral high ground.

I want CiG to get even more money, I don’t want them to have any fucking excuses, I want to see Squadron 42 and Star Citizen copies all over game shops, then I want to see the reviews pouring in all over the internet. Either I am going to have a blast playing the game, or am going to have a blast laughing at people like you, it’s going to be glorious! ... assuming I'll live that fucking long.

I there's really no need to expose the haters in this thread their toxic obsession is doing that just fine.

As usual, I can explain it to them, but I can't make them understand it.

Only Time will take care of that for them

Just like Derek, his minions and all the trolls before.
    I agree, time did indeed quite the number on you, I mean, let's be honest here, all I did was to piece a bunch of your own posts together, and look at you now, blowing smoke out of your ass all over the place just to avoid addressing something so simple = )

Oh there we go again! Something tells me this is going to be a great patch indeed!
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-09-30 at 02:12 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

Just try posting something constructive about the game or it's development. I know you have it in ya.
    It is impressive they got 500 million in funding. It is impressive that people still are giving more money to try and make this game happen. They have managed to keep a company intact and growing over the years. Good on them for managing to keep the project going and still trying to make the game. Will it be good? Dunno. They are not exactly transparent like they said they would be so it is hard to say what is really going on. SQ42 has been hidden behind the curtain and has been kept there for a long time.

Now your turn, by negative about the game. This ought to be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe try getting out of the mud pit so you don't have to look up all the time. Being Knee deep in negativity and drama for the sake of being toxic years on end just because you don't like a game doesn't seem healty.
    Says the person with a page of quotes of you being toxic over and over. I'm not the one with multiple infractions and suspensions from the site. I have no problem being negative when I see something like this game and the amount of years and money sunk into it. They failed to deliver on what they said, they have lied many many times over the years and I think it is bs so I comment on it.

I find it amusing to see people defend a company with the track record CIG has. Like sure there are two sides to everything, but why be on the side of a company who has taken 12 years, 500 million dollars and is still in Alpha and the single player game has been hidden away. I don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed I do have a history of discussing the game features, posting development updates and general news about the game this thread is about. I also take the time to call out the usual bullshit drama and negativity spiled by the same posters that live for pushing toxity year after year. This rattles them enough that the thread keeps on going.

Should be an exception but unfortunately most of posters that actually play and enjoy Star Citizen have long left this forum.
    You also have a history of being toxic, name calling, antagonizing people and being a jerk while trying to defend the honor of a company that does not give a shit. So good on you? See, people can be negative of the game/company and that is okay, that is how the world works. People can talk about what they want in a civil manner. However, you like to drop the civility and attack people. That's the difference in this thread over the years. You're in side A with weaponry to attack people while defending a company and I'm on side B pointing out the flaws in CIG.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe because some of those ardent players and defenders of the game you know aren't playing the game anymore either. Just like Wow players aren't here anymore because they moved on to something else. Forums in general don't have the traffic they used to for many reasons (like wow being super old in the case of this place and reddit taking plenty of foot traffic)

Oh but it is such a simple concept.

Liking the premise of an ambitious space game made without the restraints of publishers and console hardware so backing it's kickstarter.

Enjoy playing Star Citizen as it's been developed and looking up to enjoy the Squadron42 part of it.

Enjoying to follow the development of a game one plays and has fun with.

All while standing by the recomendation to anyone who's curious about the project to not buy into if they are looking for a polished and stable experience.

It's a real alpha with real alpha issues.

From performance drops to game breaking bugs and ocasional wipes of progress. There's still many more features and tech updates ahead of development that will shape the game drastically along the years. It's as much of a enourmous dev journey as it is an hard-core gaming experience.

Still, that is why there are plenty of free-flys that let curious gamers check out the state of the game numerous times a year for as long as a whole week without spending a penny.

Meanwhile, The game keeps being developed and improoved while showing an increasing rate of funding and new players every year.

Personally I don't get how that is so hard to accept that the game development keeps on going or the hostility towards anyone posting videos about development progress, cool videos, screenshots or generally being hyped with it's development.

If there wasn't something worthy to play a lot more people would leave to play other games instead of constantly supporting it.

Why crusade about a game many people enjoy and are fine with just because you have an axe to grind?

I dont like Genshin Impact or fancy it's predatory loot box tactics but I don't feel the urge spend my life obssessing over it or go to it's game thread and harrass those enjoy it because they made almost $4 billions in just 2 years.

Live and let live and all that.

It's a real alpha with real alpha issues.
    How many years does a game get to shield itself with the alpha tag before people are allowed to criticize it?

- - - Updated - - -

I dont like Genshin Impact or fancy it's predatory loot box tactics but I don't feel the urge spend my life obssessing over it or go to it's game thread and harrass those enjoy it because they made almost $4 billions in just 2 years.
    You acknowledge Genshin Impact of having predatory loot box tactics but you don't attack Star Citizen for having predatory cash shops? BOTH are fucking bad. Draining money out of consumers is not a GOOD thing for the consumer. It is GREAT for the companies themselves but not for the players.

- - - Updated - - -

Why crusade about a game many people enjoy and are fine with just because you have an axe to grind?
    I take enjoyment out of discussing bullshit practices when I see them. I had fun in the Trials of Ascension thread that was a prime example of incompetence in motion. I view gacha games as predatory types of gambling simulators with pretty pixels. I'm not on a crusade or even obsessing over it. I post when there is something to discuss and I like watching ardent defenders of shitty practices twist themselves into knots to try and defend something. Simple as that.

I mean is that a real question? Miyamoto, Sid Meyer's, Garriot, Roberts, Spector, Brevik, Kojima, Zampetta, Tod Pappy, Zurovec, Greg Street, Cory Balorg, Sean Murray, Cobretta, Tod Howard... from the top of my head

I'm a gamer from the 90's so having the dev's name on the cover was usual. Like people look to see movies with certain actors some gamers may like to play games from specific game designers.

I mean if you gonna use the opinion of a game dev to judge a project of such scale is worth to know what is his experience with such projects right?

Just as a chef working on a burger joint will have different standards of serving and time lenght for a dish than a michelin graded one.

I mean if you're trying to use his statement of "no game should longer than 7 years" yet we've seen multiple examples of such from the best game studios in the world. Where does that leave his opinion?

Or he is unaware of the increasing development timeline of most ambitious games or is not accounting for the pre-production stage. Which in that case taking it into account the Star Citizen context would invalidate the point.

Not enough of them as the recent rushed releases have shown. Fortunately studios seem to be adapting which is why were seeing longer development lenghts.

Squadron42 Is taking thisnlong because of it's ambitious goals. Making a fully fledged open universe space-opera while giving the player so much freedom in movie like quality fidelity while being as seamless as possible involves a lot of time to get right.

In case you haven't noticed plenty of posters post here exclusively, some even felt the to create multiple accounts and come back just to post here specifically.

Are they being paid? Are you being paid? Cause I want in if so.
    Can't split quotes atm and sorry if I miss something.

You just proved my point lol. I said you would only know 1-2 devs a game. Those devs you named are the faces each of them worked with dozens if not hundreds of people on the games they are famous for.

A burger joint chef will still know that a michelin grade chef shouldn't cook their hamburger for 23 months and can still tell that if someone did do that that it would be abnormal.

Its taking that long because of the ambitious goals? If that's true then are you either saying Chris Roberts is a liar and repeatedly gave out false dates in order to keep the cash flowing or you are saying he is an incompetent leader and kept giving dates he truly believed were possible but he just lacked the proper game development knowledge to realize he was giving unrealistic dates? I'm curious which of these you believe is true cause there is no other possibilities.

There is one other poster who posts here exclusively. And even if they were paid by some other game there is no way in hell you would be willing to correct lies and shit on Star Citizen so why even lie and claim you would want to take the job of shitting on star citizen and correcting people who post lies?