Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    They've already shown a proclivity to running live experiments with SL s4 and some of the recently announced 'experiments' with raid loot. They've definitely lowered their quality control on release patches over SL and this seems like they're just committing to that strategy than working back towards the polish they were used to. I imagine they realized its a lot cheaper to fix bugs on the live game than fixing them in a PTR or internal environment with 1/1000th the users.

Welcome to Blizzard 2022, terrible CS and doing live testing.
    They aren't doing anything now than they did back then. What you are saying is based in I love the game = they did things right, I hate the gaem, they have bad CS and don't test. Nothing has changed. The only thing here is your bias blinding you.

Its about time for conquest/valor chests for alts then...

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    I am informed .. informed about Blizzards recent and historical track record with making such claims and failing to actually deliver, development time doesnt mean a damn thing just look at WOD and the utter garbage state it was released in even after being told it was ready.

But you go right ahead and keep on believing the garbage that Blizz is feeding you about Dragon flight being ready, it'll be playable but it wont be finished till at least the second major update.. par for course where Blizz is concerned.
    Considering Ive been in the ever SINGLE beta since VANILLA. I know how betas look and how far along they are in them. This beta is the single most polished and complete they have ever had.

You really are not that informed just sprouting your "blizz is bad" meme.

No way will it be ready in time. Why is Blizzard rushing it like this? Were Q3 MAU so bad they needed to rush this expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Eluxe View Post
    Most classes/specs are in good shape talent design wise. But some specs and classes are half done and it seems the devs don’t have time to fix them, given this rushed release date.

I wish they delayed release date by a bit and fixed those talents for every class and spec.
    Evoker which is one of the X-Pac seller is among those specs that need a lot of work sadly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegresse View Post
    All races can be Rogues, Priests and Mages in 10.0
    Yeah, thats one of the few things in the expansion that I actually know about. Im super excited, I just wonder when that patch will hit servers since they didnt mention anything.

Monday 28th November
    I assume this means 23:00 Monday night for UK?
    00:00 Monday night/Tuesday Morning for EU?

I just want to see Alexstrazas tummy again...

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Most people in the world take off the xmas holidays and will have the time to play. It's the perfect time when most people have it without needing to finagle time with their jobs.
    Yes, but most players are not part of that census - they're mostly young adults who actually have more free time during a normal week than during the holidays due to other commitements.

Anyway things will pan out in a way or another. Just a matter of setting up a proper schedule
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevarc View Post
    Monday 28th November
    I assume this means 23:00 Monday night for UK?
    00:00 Monday night/Tuesday Morning for EU?
    Yes. Should be same timing as WotLK Classic release.

lol, when "customise your UI" is being shown as one of the expansion's major features, says it all about how barren this expansion looks to be

the real issue with the system bloat of legion/BFA/SL was not having the systems themselves, it was that the systems were so impactful/major yet completely abandoned at the end of the expansion. Systems should have been maintained through expansions, like torghast, warfronts, and iterated + improved upon so that the devs had time to properly listen to feedback and fix them. And then ya, less of systems that are so tied to player power and progression, and more content type systems.
    Last edited by voidox; 2022-09-30 at 04:07 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    You call an epic item a "fairly relevant player progression"?

It was COMPLETELY irrelevant and 10000% optional.
    IIRC it was tied to a fair amount of story progression. Either way, it was a griped enough-about issue where rep tokens and bonuses would be introduced mid-xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    lol, when "customise your UI" is being shown as one of the expansion's major features, says it all about how barren this expansion looks to be
    "new quests, new monsters, new items" were features mentioned in Wrath reveal...
    and class changes, which are now done via hotfixes, were patch "features" back then...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    "new quests, new monsters, new items" were features mentioned in Wrath reveal...
    and class changes, which are now done via hotfixes, were patch "features" back then...
    okay? and? what does the wrath reveal have to do with this? also wrath was 10 years ago.

and patch features? we're talking about expansion features.

Yeah sure, lets ignore all other things DF is bringing and just focus on this part. And to be fair the UI changes are unironically pretty big feature for people who do not want to mess with addons. Alot of QoL stuff is being added but there always must be people like you who trashtalk even positive changes because you know "Blizz is bad hur dur".

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Yeah sure, lets ignore all other things DF is bringing and just focus on this part. And to be fair the UI changes are unironically pretty big feature for people who do not want to mess with addons. Alot of QoL stuff is being added but there always must be people like you who trashtalk even positive changes because you know "Blizz is bad hur dur".
    The UI changes are definitely needed but what we got is fairly weak. For the most part the customization is picking where the element is on the screen. As of now the UI changes still don't remove my need for bartender. Maybe I'm more on the extremist side of this but I'd be interested to see how many ppl will actually feel satisfied with what we are given.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    IIRC it was tied to a fair amount of story progression. Either way, it was a griped enough-about issue where rep tokens and bonuses would be introduced mid-xpac.
    Nope. Not at all. It was introduced because crybabies wanted profession recipes faster. Nothing else.

MOP was golden era. You ding > you play whatever you want without ANY obligations and required grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidling View Post
    The UI changes are definitely needed but what we got is fairly weak. For the most part the customization is picking where the element is on the screen. As of now the UI changes still don't remove my need for bartender. Maybe I'm more on the extremist side of this but I'd be interested to see how many ppl will actually feel satisfied with what we are given.
    The point was never to replace addons? Why would they get of the community assets? Addons and thier creators are the biggest contribution to the game and the community. It's basicly programmers working for free.

The point was that people should ALSO be able to play without addons. The only thing we need is a DPS/HPS meter. Again - they won't and they shouldn't want to compete against addons creators.

The UI change is one of the strongest features of DF - and I believe it's just the start of many small touches.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-09-30 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    my point was that using "customise your UI" as part of the main expansion feature list speaks to how the expansion really does lack in the feature department.

Just compare it to previous expansions and it shows - new race/class, zones, raids, dungeons, quests, profession changes and a few other changes are all the basic parts of expansions and blizzard has done before, so what else is there about DF? dragon flying and...? ya the talent revamp is really good, but they've done major talent system changes before for expansions.

And yes, you can say getting a new class, race, talents, zones and w.e is exciting and all, but blizzard have done most or all of that before in an expansion and said expansion has had more features as well on top of that. As I said in my previous post, the issue with big expansion features of the past were not the systems themselves, it was blizzard tying them so much to player power/progression and abandoning them completely after a single expansion (or even just after a patch).

also I never said the UI feature itself was a bad thing or was "trash talking" it (w.e that means). Don't put words into my mouth. And no, me pointing out that DF's lacking features does not mean I think the expansion is going to be shit or that things they are doing are bad or w.e, don't try and twist things into "oh you're just a hater" -_-

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    The UI change is one of the strongest features of DF - and I believe it's just the start of many small touches.
    the fact that one of DF's "strongest features" (as you put it) is a freaking QoL improvement speaks to how the expansion is lacking in features. Customising UI is a patch feature at most, not a highlight on the box expansion feature.

and ya, we probably will see more QoL improvements like it, that's really good. I was never saying anything about the change itself as it is a great thing for the game to be as playable as possible without addons.
    Last edited by voidox; 2022-09-30 at 10:19 PM.

my point was that using "customise your UI" as part of the main expansion feature speaks to how the expansion really does lack in the feature department, compare it to previous expansions.
    But every expansion had something similar in the feature reveal.
    Like WotLK had "Changeable hairstyles" and "New Dances" mentioned. Obviously WotLK was also lacking in features if they used freaking dancing and barber as a main expansion feature.