View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    So strange that a spell caster would look like they lived in a gym, but hey if you hate it dont play it i guess.
    Strange? In WoW? For a dragon based race?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean

This is my Dracthyr and this is a human warrior next to it. I do not look like I am starving do I? The warrior would need a small ladder to give me a BJ ffs. That goblin barely makes it to my knees.
    That's one fine looking lady. The goblin and the human look like crap though

So strange that a spell caster would look like they lived in a gym, but hey if you hate it dont play it i guess.
    Hey man, it could be worse... we could have the Randy Savage dragon:

...but, uh, reading half the posts in this thread I think that's exactly what people want lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJULk0f9xA

...but, uh, reading half the posts in this thread I think that's exactly what people want lol
    I don't really have a horse in the whole "swole Dracthyr" debate, but I've got to say there's really no unseeing (or unhearing) that video. I'll never experience Alduin the same way again.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I don't have an issue with how they look so yes, I will have an alt Evoker. I wont main one since I need to tank.

Macho Man not only elbowing the rapture but yea i dont understand how they would correlate buff dragon to casting spells but whatever i guess right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Strange? In WoW? For a dragon based race?
    i correlate spell casters with being frail in most cases but the world is their oyster

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    If sexuality weren't important we would not be debating body shape. I also didn't mean why are you on mmo champ I meant why are you on wow. You said there was nothing for you now. There has been nothing for you for a long time.

The original wargens were cool. The females are the worst offenders. They have wolf like at concepts but got put into the game with Pomeranian heads.

To me it does not matter though. I can still play my undead and other people cal play what they find aesthetically pleasing. Even though I find them wrong.
    Huh? Thats REALLY creepy dude. I can judge the aesthetics of something without sexualising it. I bought some new light fittings yesturday, and not once did i say "i do like that one, but that other one is way sexier, so lets get that". I can say the casting of an actor was a poor decision without saying "tom cruise isnt sexy enough to be Reacher". And i can prefer certain races in a game without once, EVER, thinking about it sexually. This is some seriously creepy thinking dude, especially when you say the sexual appeal of a race is important, then admit you play undead.................

And I said DF doesnt appeal to me, not once did i say WOW doesnt appeal to me. Maybe you should look into Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm interested in trying them out. My sexuality or sense of identity isn't threatened by video game characters or their body types, nor am I concerned about any sort of social stigma for playing one as I am no longer in high school and am not bothered by what someone might think my sexual preferences are or aren't based on a dragon's waist size.
    I didn't understand the outrage when elves (who never do manual labor, ever) came out and subsequently had their models "thickened up" and I don't really understand it now with the Dracthyr.

Dragons aren't real, and the closest we have to them in real life are skinny, famelic dopey creatures. It makes sense to me that something based on lizards is also skinny. People didn't seem to have a problem with the Sethrakk being skinny but they were only highly requested as playable, not an actual option. I suppose if something is already more or less shaped like a penis, it no longer needs excessive muscles to be considered masculine enough to be allowed into the video game.

I've got fridge-tier Draenei (two varieties), giant hulking bull men (another two varieties), reasonably hulky worgen (you can tell their wrist from their forearm and they have a waist, are they to be considered too feminine? I can't keep track honestly lol) and two more roidrage orc species. Oh, AND I have Zandalari as well which are pretty darn thick. I don't think I really need more jerk-it-bait in terms of the muscle daddy types but to each their own I guess!
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2022-09-30 at 07:50 PM.

I'll make a Dracthyr alt and maybe level to max but I don't see myself maining one. I didn't like their look the moment they were leaked and I couldn't even believe it to be real. They just needed to make them beefier like the drakonids who I've always looked at as the base model for playable dragons.

I'll ofc level one to have a char but ill do everything i can to hide the butt ugly appearances of them. Not sure if i'm going FEMALE or MALE yet.

Good god, this is some Attack on Titan/Randy Savage/Alduin hybrid.

I seriously considered rolling a dracthyr, but since Soar isn't the same as Dragon Riding I think I won't be. It just feels so pointless and dumb that they have to mostly ride the drake like any ordinary land walker, contrast to how doing the same with their own wings would've been so cool. Plus I've always disliked dragon mounts, as they are too big. I have to suffer that with my current main as well, but at least he doesn't have pointless wings.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Macho Man not only elbowing the rapture but yea i dont understand how they would correlate buff dragon to casting spells but whatever i guess right?

- - - Updated - - -

i correlate spell casters with being frail in most cases but the world is their oyster
    They should eat a sea worth of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Yeah, I'm interested in trying them out. My sexuality or sense of identity isn't threatened by video game characters or their body types, nor am I concerned about any sort of social stigma for playing one as I am no longer in high school and am not bothered by what someone might think my sexual preferences are or aren't based on a dragon's waist size.
    I didn't understand the outrage when elves (who never do manual labor, ever) came out and subsequently had their models "thickened up" and I don't really understand it now with the Dracthyr.

Dragons aren't real, and the closest we have to them in real life are skinny, famelic dopey creatures. It makes sense to me that something based on lizards is also skinny. People didn't seem to have a problem with the Sethrakk being skinny but they were only highly requested as playable, not an actual option. I suppose if something is already more or less shaped like a penis, it no longer needs excessive muscles to be considered masculine enough to be allowed into the video game.

I've got fridge-tier Draenei (two varieties), giant hulking bull men (another two varieties), reasonably hulky worgen (you can tell their wrist from their forearm and they have a waist, are they to be considered too feminine? I can't keep track honestly lol) and two more roidrage orc species. Oh, AND I have Zandalari as well which are pretty darn thick. I don't think I really need more jerk-it-bait in terms of the muscle daddy types but to each their own I guess!
    Sethrak = snakes

Dracthyr = dragons

Two different expectations. I hope I helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    he doesn't look as ferocious as he once did IMO
    I agree, said the same thing on the official forums but at least he isn't My Chemical Romance Hogger anymore lol

My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I agree, said the same thing on the official forums but at least he isn't My Chemical Romance Hogger anymore lol
    haha, thank fuck that that was a placeholder ;D

Sadly no. I won't even try them. And it's not even because I don't like furry or scalies. I have two problems with them :

1/ When I think of dragon, I think of might, power and size. Those weirdos looks nothing like that. They're small, thin, goofy. I've tried every customization possible to make them look menacing and I failed. They don't even fit in WoW's landscape. I've played the beta, and each time I saw a dracthyr I was like "those guys really don't fit here at all". I didn't had that feeling with any of the races they've added so far, even with vulperas. Man, even the rabbits from MoP looked more like something that came from WoW than them.

2/ Armor don't display on them. I mean, what the fuck is going on Blizzard ? It's annoying on druid, it's annoying on demon hunter. It's 2022 and you can't make the armor type with the least sets with 3D element fit them ? Come on guys, you can do better. That's just Blizzard being fucking lazy but it doesn't work here.

If they were too lazy to do this, they could have at least made visage form usable in combat. DH can pop wings, just do the same with those dragon weirdos. They spent all the fucking customization ressources on 2 fucking models you won't even enjoy because they are not usable in fight. It feels like a fucking insult to anybody who's been playing allied races like kultiran and are still waiting for new customization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    They should eat a sea worth of them.

Sethrak = snakes

Dracthyr = dragons

Two different expectations. I hope I helped.
    Sort of helps, could you provide the real world reference for dragons so that this comparison works?

Oh wait, it's lizards, which I've already gone over.

(Also the post you're replying to isn't really directed at whether or not the option to be thick SHOULD happen, just that some posters reasons for why are absurd)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Sadly no. I won't even try them. And it's not even because I don't like furry or scalies. I have two problems with them :

1/ When I think of dragon, I think of might, power and size. Those weirdos looks nothing like that. They're small, thin, goofy. I've tried every customization possible to make them look menacing and I failed. They don't even fit in WoW's landscape. I've played the beta, and each time I saw a dracthyr I was like "those guys really don't fit here at all". I didn't had that feeling with any of the races they've added so far, even with vulperas. Man, even the rabbits from MoP looked more like something that came from WoW than them.

2/ Armor don't display on them. I mean, what the fuck is going on Blizzard ? It's annoying on druid, it's annoying on demon hunter. It's 2022 and you can't make the armor type with the least sets with 3D element fit them ? Come on guys, you can do better. That's just Blizzard being fucking lazy but it doesn't work here.

If they were too lazy to do this, they could have at least made visage form usable in combat. DH can pop wings, just do the same with those dragon weirdos. They spent all the fucking customization ressources on 2 fucking models you won't even enjoy because they are not usable in fight. It feels like a fucking insult to anybody who's been playing allied races like kultiran and are still waiting for new customization.
    I think this is far better criticism for why one might not like direction the Dracthyr took, thank you for articulating this. The whole "my sexuality takes direct damage if my character isn't muscle daddy/I don't like things that remind me of women" takes are getting painful and frankly damaging to attempts to persuade Blizz into giving us greater customization options for Dracthyr.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2022-09-30 at 11:12 PM.

Idk maybe try their starting zone but they still creep me not bc of the body (which honestly people really hate thin/femenine 'non-tittied' siluettes lol) but bc of their scally face vibes...
    This has been a missed oportunity to include draknoid which is a dragonoid race people actually wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....did ya'll really think blizz was gonna just trash and redesign an entire race this close to release?
    "Blizzard: Oh? They would like a less furry race? Got it, slap a chihuaha head with some eyelashes and enlarge her bust. Totally less sexy."

*Worgen female flashbacks*
    Last edited by Lionwoman; 2022-10-01 at 01:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but not because I dislike their model or anything like that, I actually think that some of the options they have make them look quite bulky, but its mostly that I'm not interested in the class per se, if they get other class options, I may play them.

I say I may, cause I rarely play more than 1 character at the same time, and its such a pain for me to actually lvl up a new character.

Still better than worgen, so sure, why not.