Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    And I dated Elizebeth Hurley in my youth ... lol.

If you are 'planning' mid dungeon, then you aren't doing it right for M+
    Well, the planning mostly happens outside the dungeon, but he has a point. CC is used heavily in M+ above around and above 20. Especially on Fortified weeks where a caster in the back might just destroy your group. There is a level when even a great tank will be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of incoming damage.

It is also absolutely necessary to deal with the Hypno-Bat of Zulgamux of the Shrouded affix. If you let that shit go through uninterupted someone dies, maybe it is even a wipe.

CC and all kinds of Utility are of incredible worth in M+, especially the premium ones like Interrupts, 60 sec CC that can be applied to all subtypes (and reduce aggro range ideally) and of course Combat rezzes.

Unfortunately even the Devs do not understand this. There is no other way to explain that Priest Dev posting about an Interrupt not being necessary

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - can't very well do it before, have no idea what CC will even have before we start - and short of the tank sometimes CCing 1 mob on pull - the rest is wham bam thank you mam.
    Nah, that really doesn't work at some point anymore. Granted it takes a lot to threaten a good Tank with a good healer behind them these days, but north of 20s that does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I am 100% sure than in the short-medium period M+ing with friends only is fun. I know because I was into a friends guild from Vanilla to end of Cata and I remember those times in dungeons with a big smile on my face, even if M+ weren’t a thing back then.

But when you have not this luxury anymore and your spare time drastically diminish, well, you soon realize you just can’t waste half of your time searching for someone to do stuff with instead of doing stuff itself.

I have big hopes on D4 too, today I just received an invite for the end game beta (even if I didn’t even opt in because I don’t have time XD), if and when NDA will fall off I will be more than glad to share my thoughts.
    Well, adding to this the new raid loot system appeals me much more than what we have now. I'll stick with my raid only schedule, i'll pug the ksm for the mount and be done with it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    Solo shuffles work wonders in these situations, near instant queues during the evening. People for some reason think PvP is for no-lifers but unless you're aiming for like the top 5% (2100+ arenas, Diamond rank in MOBAs) it's really the pinnacle of casual gaming. You can play half an hour a day and still have fun.
    Solo shuffle is awful, filled with people who have no clue what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    There are millions that buy an expac. And more than half of them leave faster than Hazzikostas ever could lure them into mythic dungeons.

13% of the players even leave before they reach endgame level. The game sucks that much that a 13 times as high percentage of players leave the game before getting to endgame level as there are players completing mythic raids.

That is even more than the percentage that completed all challenge mode dungeons.

Nobody took the bait - so let me.

I play Fifa because my friends does.
    In the middle of the match - I reliaze that I hate soccer. I just forgot about it(that's why I prefer NBA).

Then I quit. In the middle of the game. Can you imagine that?

My question is: Is the game Fifa a bad game?

If 80% of the players do it? Answer your question yourself.
    80%? Where is the source?

Why are you doing this man?

Even if that is true, you have no idea why they quit so the argument doesn't matter

Like, just admit that it is what you want - that's totally fine!! Here:

Honest: I want this content or I won't purchase the product. I don't care or even know if it is good for the game, it's what I want!

Dishonest: My desires are the best path forward because of Blizzard for :Reasons:

That's it! Super simple, and now it is an opinion rather than a declaration of unknowable BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Even if that is true, you have no idea why they quit so the argument doesn't matter

Like, just admit that it is what you want - that's totally fine!! Here:

Honest: I want this content or I won't purchase the product. I don't care or even know if it is good for the game, it's what I want!

Dishonest: My desires are the best path forward because of Blizzard for :Reasons:

That's it! Super simple, and now it is an opinion rather than a declaration of unknowable BS.
    In a vacuum that's the entirety of this thread. In reality, 30+ pages of this thread's discussion have been about certain players' insistence that if Blizzard had more single player content, fewer people would quit. And if fewer player quit, then the game is better and everybody's happy and then we all dance happily into the sunset with gumdrops and lollipops in hand. (Please pay no attention to players who quit because the game is now a single player MMO. They don't matter because there are fewer of them and Blizzard is a business and businesses only care about money.)

Well, i am one of the quitters. And i know why i quit. Because the game simply does not adress me.

You talked about life situations you think lead to that many quitters. You still have to tell me which life situation leads to 4 million of 10 million players quitting within the first 60 days?

To me it is clear which reason those players have. They level up, 17% of them not even up to endgame level, have no gameplay left, and quit.

For me that is the logical conclusion. For you, it is some other reason.. like.. moon phases? All those millions of players suddenly having a lot of real life issues? I mean.. really?

I do not ingore the numbers only because you believe it would be dishonest. The number of players quitting within the first weeks after they purchased a sub based game does matter, and no, you obviously have no logical reason other than "assumed life situation".

- - - Updated - - -

Simply gameplay that adresses them. Why do 83% of the players level up to endgame level just to witness the literal mass exodus?

I think they would not quit if they had endgame. And while i am not sure if solo player gameplay would be the only solution, i can tell you which gameplay does NOT adress the masses, and that is premade group raids and rated battlegrounds.

For me it is logical that blizzard should focus on gameplay for the masses to actually even try to adress them. As they failed with tries in the last expacs and managed to literally turn the game into a level up rpg for most it is time to replace those in charge which obviously have a premade group bias, especially Ion Hazzikostas as game director, who did not know anything else than mythic raids and theorycrafting and encounter design during his career.

As if you lost anything if solo players were adressed as well. Noone is talking about removing your precious gameplay, it is simply about adding gameplay for those you normally sell boosts to. Instead of cash cows, casual gamers should have real gameplay. And no, that are no mythic raids or high end mythic+ runs.
    If so many people is arguing AGAINST you - then, you have to be honest with yourself. First of all - stop sounding like you represent the lost millions and millions of potential players. This proves that you are not having the viewpoint of the majority.

You often come up with honest input and you have a logical start - but it all ends up in some emotional nonsense. Let's cut the emotional part off.

So - we both know, that 80% is nonense(it has no reliability and validity - you can't use it in any professional setting).
    This leaves you with no argument.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-09-30 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    In a vacuum that's the entirety of this thread. In reality, 30+ pages of this thread's discussion have been about certain players' insistence that if Blizzard had more single player content, fewer people would quit. And if fewer player quit, then the game is better and everybody's happy and then we all dance happily into the sunset with gumdrops and lollipops in hand. (Please pay no attention to players who quit because the game is now a single player MMO. They don't matter because there are fewer of them and Blizzard is a business and businesses only care about money.)
    I'm more confused why these people don't fuck off to games that offer what they want. Are they simply invested in the franchise?

I refuse to believe it's the current story line that gripes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I'm more confused why these people don't fuck off to games that offer what they want. Are they simply invested in the franchise?

I refuse to believe it's the current story line that gripes them.
    1. Played forever and is established...a lot of people have trouble just abandoning something they've done for literal years. A lot of folks have issues starting new MMOs cause then they have to start from square 1 again when they can go back to wow where they don't have to.

2. Sunk cost. At this point someone who may of been subbed since the beginning have already dropped like over $5k on this game alone give or take...leaving might make them feel they dropped all that for nothing

3. No other options: Let's face it... There isn't any game like wow and as hard as people look for "it's wow but better" they just struggle to find...even half this thread who is basically looking for Skyrim with Trade chat

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    1. Played forever and is established...a lot of people have trouble just abandoning something they've done for literal years. A lot of folks have issues starting new MMOs cause then they have to start from square 1 again when they can go back to wow where they don't have to.

2. Sunk cost. At this point someone who may of been subbed since the beginning have already dropped like over $5k on this game alone give or take...leaving might make them feel they dropped all that for nothing

3. No other options: Let's face it... There isn't any game like wow and as hard as people look for "it's wow but better" they just struggle to find...even half this thread who is basically looking for Skyrim with Trade chat
    points 1 and 2 are the exact same thing....but anyway, you dont consider Final Fantasy to be another option? If not, what is it missing that wow has?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    points 1 and 2 are the exact same thing....but anyway, you dont consider Final Fantasy to be another option? If not, what is it missing that wow has?
    I do others don't...this isn't me specifically

Final Fantasy lacks a lot of the PvP options, class cusmiziation, raid difficulty, more actually open worldness, and the more Western style animation..if I learned anything from MMO Champion there's a nice chunk of people who absolutely LOATHE anything remotely anime. That's why people want the token system from FF14 to come to wow because they want the parts they like from 14 to come to the aesthetic they prefer it's the same thing like asking for Mortal Kombat Fatalities to be in Street Fighter or good animation to be in Mortal Kombat
    Last edited by Mysterymask; 2022-09-30 at 11:55 PM.

It's not really all that like wow tbh, other than the very basic structure. Everything from aesthetic to story to game systems to culture is very different, just like ESO or SWTOR or whatever else.

Does it have playable Druids that turn into bears? Or playable undead?

WoW offers a lot of aesthetic that few other MMO's (of similar quality) allow you to play as.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post

I guess I don't get it. Unless you are one of the few people who play wow professionally or are paid to play it you don't lose anything. I enjoy wow but once I have CE I go play other games outside the one night clear for mounts. I didn't even play bfa when I saw how garbage azerite traits were.

If they are not having fun wouldn't it make more sense to take one of those actual different games? I don't play FF online because I found it to easy but I didn't go to forums and ask them to remake it into a harder game.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Does it have playable Druids that turn into bears? Or playable undead?

WoW offers a lot of aesthetic that few other MMO's (of similar quality) allow you to play as.
    As does FF.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

As does FF.
    So yes it has Druids that turn into bears and playable Undead?

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I guess I don't get it. Unless you are one of the few people who play wow professionally or are paid to play it you don't lose anything. I enjoy wow but once I have CE I go play other games outside the one night clear for mounts. I didn't even play bfa when I saw how garbage azerite traits were.

If they are not having fun wouldn't it make more sense to take one of those actual different games? I don't play FF online because I found it to easy but I didn't go to forums and ask them to remake it into a harder game.
    There's also the very real possibility they just screaming...

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So yes it has Druids that turn into bears and playable Undead?
    This isnt hard to understand, im not sure why you are confused. Your statement is that WoW has some unique aspects, aesthetics, classes etc, and my response is SO DOES FF.

This isnt hard to understand, im not sure why you are confused. Your statement is that WoW has some unique aspects, aesthetics, classes etc, and my response is SO DOES FF.
    I was being specific about Druids and Undead as those aesthetics. And you said so does FF.

You decided to cherry pick the statement out of context for whatever reason. Stop being dumb.