View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    One should note that none of those guys have wings, whereas Dracthyr do have functional wings. Flight demands lightness, hence a generally slight build.

Though still, looking at wowhead's dressing room, they seem to look reasonably stacked to me if you use the #4 body.
    Sadly the neck and head stay the same, which makes bodytype 4 kinda awkward in a way imo. Especislly the head feels small or off idk.

Normal dragons arent perse light in weight and can still fly. The guys you mentioned have always been shown without wings, these dragonoids are their own thing and their model update has seen nothing but praise so far. They are more like the brute types, able to wield and spin weapons.

Its understandable, dragonoids hsve always been discussed as a playable race since idk when. Now that these guys finnaly get an model update and a good one as well, just lights up that conversation again. They would have my vote, as I find them fulfilling the dragon fantasy for me more, more so then the dracthyr for some reason.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-10-01 at 08:34 AM.

I don’t plan on doing anything serious in the game, but I’ll try the new class. However I’ll probably stock up on Noggenfrogger elixir so I don’t have to watch the wannabe dragon model (hopefully the flying spells won’t drop the costume…)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Why would I provide real life dragon examples when it's WoW we are talking about and how they were designed in the universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Flight demands lightness? Not in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah making it muscular would be great. It also should have access to draconic heads instead of whatever this is.
    "Access to draconic heads instead of whatever this is"
    ?????

Aparently this is not a draconic head?
    Well that is news to me, what the fuck is it then?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    That's the point i was making,...

- - - Updated - - -

???
    Because we all know this is somehow LESS furry then the dragon?

Also I fucking love how this thread is
    "I hate this, it is so skiny and malnourished and weak looking, its furry bait, you know what would fix that? making it more muscular, making it more muscle toned and strong.."

Like bros just admit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Like the fact people say this makes me feel like people spent 2 seconds looking at the original announcement picture and have done literally zero research since, and havent even seen the actual customization options.
    they start at level 58...
    Yes, I was expecting Hrothgar to come up, but chose not to address it in the first post. Hrothgar at least look like a humanoid instead of a living suit on some slim guy. Further, they even feel like their own species, like living and all. The ones we interact with in stories even are chill dudes most often. Tho I'd never roll one, myself, WoW also has the Vulpera, and remembering those exists changed my thought on trying the game out again a couple months before the Dracthyr reveal.

To re-iterate, as someone else said, Dracthyr look ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Yes, I was expecting Hrothgar to come up, but chose not to address it in the first post. Hrothgar at least look like a humanoid instead of a living suit on some slim guy. Further, they even feel like their own species, like living and all. The ones we interact with in stories even are chill dudes most often. Tho I'd never roll one, myself, WoW also has the Vulpera, and remembering those exists changed my thought on trying the game out again a couple months before the Dracthyr reveal.

To re-iterate, as someone else said, Dracthyr look ridiculous.
    So how did you feel about Tauren, Worgen, Pandaren, Naga, and the others?

also you can make them look pretty fine, to even decent or good, i dont plan to play them, but they aint "ridiculous"

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

also you can make them look pretty fine, to even decent or good, i dont plan to play them, but they aint "ridiculous"
    That snout still looks absolutely ridiculous from the front. Only looks somewhat passable from the side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    That snout still looks absolutely ridiculous from the front. Only looks somewhat passable from the side.
    You know you can customize the snout right? you can literally get the snouts shown in your signature and one very similar to your picture.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    You know you can customize the snout right? you can literally get the snouts shown in your signature and one very similar to your picture.
    Yes and they all look bad from the front.
    Only one of the snouts is passable from the front.
    Chen isn't a Monk

"Access to draconic heads instead of whatever this is"
    ?????

Aparently this is not a draconic head?
    Well that is news to me, what the fuck is it then?
    It's some mutant lizard raptor with weak chin. All of their snout options are either gentle or goofy.

Edits

Drakonids

Even those scrawny shits look better

WoW dragons have exposed teeth, underbites, big jaws, jutting chins and tendrils, none of which Dracthyr have access to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man I love these photos you have used specially since most of them are available options, or just options already ingame but somehow more derpy with underbites and huge jutted chins, or just extra horns or teeth.

How exactly are they small? They’re among the larger playable races. They’re small in comparison to building size dragons, but they’re not small in comparison to the playable races.
    They don't have Hulk's propotions, so for certain crowd they're too small to feel comfortable with.

Man I love these photos you have used specially since most of them are available options, or just options already ingame but somehow more derpy with underbites and huge jutted chins, or just extra horns or teeth.
    So none of those options are available. Gotcha. Dracthyr don't look like WoW dragons.

7+ Year Old Account
    So none of those options are available. Gotcha. Dracthyr don't look like WoW dragons.
    i literally said they are, because they are, but aight, sod off.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    I do play classic but we are looking at the same thing as the worgen. The npc models were scarier and bulkier than the player ones.
    The NPC worgen were not bulky. Much meaner looking than the player models for sure, but they are lean motherfuckers.

i literally said they are, because they are, but aight, sod off.
    They aren't though. Feel free to show me snout options with exposed teeth, underbites, big jaws, jutting chins and tendrils.

Tauren looked beastly enough to just ignore it being weird. Pandaren did have me quit for a bit but eventually just got used to it when I really wanted to check out late Mop/early WoD. Worgen... was disappointed in their design. The males were a downgrade from vanilla worgen, and the females I never quite got used to tbh. They suffered somewhat of the "looking like someone's fur-suit" syndrome, but I was so high off the game from WoTLK that I didn't give af, and met really cool people in Cata. Naga are cool-looking snake people, and they are not playable, anyway. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Pretty much how I feel. The graphics upgrade is an actual downgrade for me, like as you said, everything feeling fluffy and cute. Just isn't my jam.
    I know for a fact you dont have beta lol. And neither does @arkanon
    Nothing of what you both say is true for DF.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I know for a fact you dont have beta lol. And neither does @arkanon
    Nothing of what you both say is true for DF.
    What have i said is untrue? How do you claim to know the beta status of other people? Is this just a pathetic "call the bluff" situation? Or is it a "ill just outright lie and hope no one notices and everyone believes me" situation?

- - - Updated - - -

Whether something is "fine", "decent" or "good" when talking about aesthetics is 100% subjective. Just like movies, or music, or any other art, the visuals of a video game, when talking design, art direction, etc, is entirely subjective and nothing about it is even remotely objective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Tauren looked beastly enough to just ignore it being weird. Pandaren did have me quit for a bit but eventually just got used to it when I really wanted to check out late Mop/early WoD. Worgen... was disappointed in their design. The males were a downgrade from vanilla worgen, and the females I never quite got used to tbh. They suffered somewhat of the "looking like someone's fur-suit" syndrome, but I was so high off the game from WoTLK that I didn't give af, and met really cool people in Cata. Naga are cool-looking snake people, and they are not playable, anyway. Easy.
    Nvm I forgot holy fuck I'm dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't though. Feel free to show me snout options with exposed teeth, underbites, big jaws, jutting chins and tendrils.
    Idk why you think underbites and jutting chins would make them LESS derpy... But will do when I get back to my pc. Also idk why you think all wow dragons have tendrils, big jaws, jutting chins, underbites, and exposed teeth...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-10-01 at 12:47 PM.

"Vanilla worgen" what do you mean vanilla worgen? Worgen were not in the game till wrath of the Lich King...
    Shadowfang Keep has entered the chat....