Gunfire was reported on the outskirts of Kreminna at 1am. If true it pushes Lyman even deeper behind the lines.

What seems to have happened is forces from Kreminna tried to push on Lyman to rescue those trapped at Lyman but were turned back and ran into Ukrainian forces near Kreminna at night time. The Ukrainians are generally far better equipped for nightfighting as well. The Russians do have some night vision gear, but due to corruption a lot of it ends up in the hands of American paintball players.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    reading the interviews with forces around Lyman and they are all like 'i feel sick, bodies everywhere, we forcing them into bottlenecks and are slaughtering them, i saw a Russian step on a mine and he kept saying 'im going home mother' until he died, i slipped over in blood this is horrible....also....send more ammo'

a few thousand of the orcs are trapped in the pocket. they tried a breakout and linked up with some reinforcements who then also got encircled lol.
    Lyman the new Falaise Pocket?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    reading the interviews with forces around Lyman and they are all like 'i feel sick, bodies everywhere, we forcing them into bottlenecks and are slaughtering them, i saw a Russian step on a mine and he kept saying 'im going home mother' until he died, i slipped over in blood this is horrible....also....send more ammo'

a few thousand of the orcs are trapped in the pocket. they tried a breakout and linked up with some reinforcements who then also got encircled lol.
    Setting aside feelings of: "It's their own fault for being there", you can't help but shake your head at the senseless waste here. I mean this sounds like a scared kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Setting aside feelings of: "It's their own fault for being there", you can't help but shake your head at the senseless waste here. I mean this sounds like a scared kid.
    It helps to remember that that same kid would have laughed about it if he saw the same thing happen to a Ukrainian soldier.

The Ukrainians are saying there are around five thousand Russians trapped in the Lyman pocket. It'd be the worst disaster of the war for the Russians if true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    It helps to remember that that same kid would have laughed about it if he saw the same thing happen to a Ukrainian soldier.
    That's an assumption, albeit a reasonable one. I still prefer to think that most people, even russians, would not be that callous.

While completely understandable, ryssäviha should not be our guiding principle. I know I'm guilty of it, a week or two ago in Helsinki I ran into a bunch of girls having a hen party, and I felt the hatred rise. Their crime? They spoke russian, that's it, they were polite, didn't make a nuisance of themselves, weren't drunk, all they did was speak russian to eachother and that was enough for me to hate them. As a person of colour I should know better, and I acknowledge my failings there. (That's not to say russian tourists should be allowed to come here for the foreseeable future.)

That's an assumption, albeit a reasonable one. I still prefer to think that most people, even russians, would not be that callous.

While completely understandable, ryssäviha should not be our guiding principle. I know I'm guilty of it, a week or two ago in Helsinki I ran into a bunch of girls having a hen party, and I felt the hatred rise. Their crime? They spoke russian, that's it, they were polite, didn't make a nuisance of themselves, weren't drunk, all they did was speak russian to eachother and that was enough for me to hate them. As a person of colour I should know better, and I acknowledge my failings there. (That's not to say russian tourists should be allowed to come here for the foreseeable future.)
    I mean there is a difference in hating random russians and hating a russian soldier who would have done the exact same thing he is terrified off if he had the chance because he is invading a country.

It is not ryssäviha, it is russorealism stemming from interacting with russians and watching this war from the sidelines. Yes, they are human beings just as you and me, deserving all the same respect.

But just remember; if you get backstabbed by a russian, it is your own fault for giving them the opportunity to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Fkin joke Russia can still sit at UN table and veto stuff.
    If there were any doubts before that UN is worthless organization, there shouldn't be anymore.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2022-10-01 at 11:42 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The Ukrainians are saying there are around five thousand Russians trapped in the Lyman pocket. It'd be the worst disaster of the war for the Russians if true.
    big if true, the pigs are gonna have a feast

they might get sick though, orc meat must be hard to stomach
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-10-01 at 11:55 AM.

Sounds like the Russians have or are pulling out of Lyman and are running a gauntlet of artillery and SOF units to try and make it to safety. There is video of trails of dead russians and the burned out civilian vehicles they tried to flee in. Also a transcript from one of those who fought along the Kreminna-Lyman road during the night. It was slaughter more than a battle - they ran out of ammo killing russians and by the sounds of it, it left all of them n the units traumatised by it. These guys are going to need a lot of help for PTSD issues after the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    It is not ryssäviha, it is russorealism stemming from interacting with russians and watching this war from the sidelines. Yes, they are human beings just as you and me, deserving all the same respect.

But just remember; if you get backstabbed by a russian, it is your own fault for giving them the opportunity to do so.
    Well, I do not support a pillaging horde of raping terrorists. Significant portion of Russian speakers here DO. No one automatically deserves respect regardless of their actions. It's something to be earned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Well, I do not support a pillaging horde of raping terrorists. Significant portion of Russian speakers here DO. No one automatically deserves respect regardless of their actions. It's something to be earned.
    Not regardless of actions, no, but if you don't know anything about someone beyond nationality, name etc. Then a certain base level is assumed, right?

Also, that transcript is not a nice read. I repeat my previous statement of "what a senseless waste". What strikes me though is that the Ukrainians actually appear to want to help the wounded but are unable to do with the supplies they have.

Not regardless of actions, no, but if you don't know anything about someone beyond nationality, name etc. Then a certain base level is assumed, right?

Also, that transcript is not a nice read. I repeat my previous statement of "what a senseless waste". What strikes me though is that the Ukrainians actually appear to want to help the wounded but are unable to do with the supplies they have.
    To put it up in understandable wow terms:

That Base level in the case of Ruskies these days start at Hostile, rather than Unfriendly or even Neutral. Up to each one to rep it up to Neutral and above by their actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    I wasn't talking about that kind of respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    russia is apparently withdrawing from Lyman

By withdraw they mean a rout that left hundreds of Russians dead and many taken prisoner as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another "gesture of good will", no doubt

With how the situation have been developing there they're already cut off, with the rest on a rout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    By withdraw they mean a rout that left hundreds of Russians dead and many taken prisoner as well.
    Yeaaah...but those are details! It's an orderly withdrawal totally NOT inspired by being pummeled for days...

I read the transcript, it's terrible, I know.

7+ Year Old Account
    How did they leave if the city was encircled?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.