Worgen or Oiled Wolf Taming Possible?

Has anyone who has leveled through Howling Fjord tried to tame the wolf that turns into a worgen? I know that this was possible for a very short time back when the content first came out.

Also has anyone tried taming the oiled wolves in Borean Tundra to see if they keep their appearance?

I haven't had the time to level my hunter, and was curious if anyone has tried this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosemite Climber View Post
    Has anyone who has leveled through Howling Fjord tried to tame the wolf that turns into a worgen? I know that this was possible for a very short time back when the content first came out.

Also has anyone tried taming the oiled wolves in Borean Tundra to see if they keep their appearance?

I haven't had the time to level my hunter, and was curious if anyone has tried this.
    I cannot speak to the wolf in Howling Fjord. But I can confirm that the oiled wolves in Borean Tundra do not keep the oil slick on them. I think it MIGHT stay initially upon training (it did when I tested this out back during Cataclysm), but the first time you summon them it's gone for sure.

I know the wolf was patched during Wrath but if you had it already you could keep the appearance as long as you didn't use it in a BG (BGs made it go normal). I had a oiled wolf and screwed it up in a random BG and was so mad at myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt it, given how quickly it was patched at Launch
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Ask Assumi. She's very familiar with taming worgens.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Ask Assumi. She's very familiar with taming worgens.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosemite Climber View Post

It is not possible to tame a Worgen, a Worg or Wolf, sure, not a Worgen.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    It is not possible to tame a Worgen, a Worg or Wolf, sure, not a Worgen.
    It was possible during original Wrath. This is what’s being referenced -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    It was possible during original Wrath. This is what’s being referenced -
    Oh, that one, pretty sure that was a bug.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The oiled effect used to stay. I had a hunter friend in my raid who named his oiled wolf "BP"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Oh, that one, pretty sure that was a bug.
    And it was quickly fixed shortly after its discovery, stripping the Worgen effect from it.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    And it was quickly fixed shortly after its discovery, stripping the Worgen effect from it.
    Aye, I recall so too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not bother personally, even if both were possible.

The oily effect drops off in too many situations and you have to be eternally careful. Maybe it can work if you just want to put it in the stable forever, but I don't even remember stable size in WotLK.

Garwal the worgen would be pointless, because if they go with the original fixes, first he will become absolutely useless as a pet, then he will be forcefully changed to a worg. Same thing happened with Sholazar beasts iirc.