Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Fury is awesome, always. Numbers have no impact on that. And just read the bluepost, they do NOT want to affect talent choices by the set bonuses, and set bonues indeed should not make certain builds more viable. The bluepost explains why. Just read and stop whining about muh spec bad!
    You say that, until you look at the ret one. That’s obvs gonna favour a consecration build.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Does the destruction 4 piece bonus actually do something in single target fights?

(4) Set Bonus: During Chaos Maelstrom, your Chaos Bolt, Conflagrate, and Incinerate critical strikes explode on the target, dealing 2-10% of damage dealt to enemies within 8 yds. Damage reduced beyond 5 targets.
    Without knowing if Chaos Maelstrom is an AoE spell or has use in ST, I'd imagine the target hit also takes the extra 2-10% dmg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of these are uninspired as fuck tbh.. Reeeeeeally feels like theyre just made with a spreadsheet in hand and a lack of creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Most of these are uninspired as fuck tbh.. Reeeeeeally feels like theyre just made with a spreadsheet in hand and a lack of creativity.
    Your reading comprehension is low. They literally said that they are only doing basic bonus' this time so players do not get overwhelmed with them aswell as the new talent system.

So as prot pala I get 2% dr for 4s, as prot warr 4% dr for 5s. Seems fair.

boring bland and unisnpriing like this whole expansion

also gated for 2 months so that top 1 % could feel special about themsleves.

what a perfect way to ruin your expansion before launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    It LITERALLY is a catch up mechanic. More than 90% of my raid had 4 set before the catalyst opened in Sep. The remaining 10% had 2 or 3 set.

The only person it actually benefited was a warrior who returned and who was able to fully get 4 set heroic after 1 night of raiding through the catalyst and getting 2 tier pieces
    yes of your raid team

majority of players dont raid and dont want to raid. yet they are forced to because otherwise they will be instant declines/kicked from mythic + groups becaue no set bonuses

its boring its stupid liek this whole expansion

it will fail even harder then SL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Your reading comprehension is low. They literally said that they are only doing basic bonus' this time so players do not get overwhelmed with them aswell as the new talent system.
    My comprehension is just fine. They can say whatever they like it's still boring and uninspired as shit.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2022-10-01 at 01:57 PM.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

My comprehension is just fine. They can say whatever they like it's still boring and uninspired as shit.
    You also said it's due to lack of creativity (while it's done like that on purpose), so yes, you do lack reading comprehension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    You also said it's due to lack of creativity (while it's done like that on purpose), so yes, you do lack reading comprehension.
    Not really, they couldve easily made more interesting ones while still keeping it simple.

But I get that most people on this site think they're really smart and more power to you for believing that.
    Kintama no kami aru

Not really, they couldve easily made more interesting ones while still keeping it simple.

But I get that most people on this site think they're really smart and more power to you for believing that.
    Guess you'll just have to settle for the Wrath Classic sets, where most of them were things like "The cost of [primary spender] is reduced by 5%" and "The damage of [one or two primary abilities] is increased by 10%."

...wait a minute.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

Loving the demo 2 set, looks to be really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    So as prot pala I get 2% dr for 4s, as prot warr 4% dr for 5s. Seems fair.
    Prot pally gets 4% vers. So 2% DR with 4% increase damage done, 4% increased self healing if needed, for yourself and another person, with an ability that resets quite often, with a 4 set that increases its duration. Paladins also have a natural DR with Devotion Aura, which I assume they are still keeping.
    Warrior gets 4% DR, with 4% damage increase, based off of juggling Shield Block usage, Executes (if applicable), and Revenge usage (which requires Rage if it doesn’t proc), and a 4p that gives minor damage absorb.
    Paladin is one of the better tank sets of all the classes right now, and they’re both quite good.

- - - Updated - - -

Got some examples?
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2022-10-01 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Ah yes you want a set bonus? Have 5% crit.#exciting
    People had to have set bonuses back like they had to have talents back...both feel rather meh to be expected, and you can't blame the devs really...they don't want them to be too powerful

First tier of an expan usually have kind of always had meh set bonuses. They dont want the best tier sets at the start of the expan

the first tier of literally every single expansion is always basic % boosts to a couple abilities.

The OP shit of literally every single expansion is always in the last two tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    man these are all lame

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    the first tier of literally every single expansion is always basic % boosts to a couple abilities.

The OP shit of literally every single expansion is always in the last two tiers.
    Just because that was the way in the past doesn't HAVE to mean it should be this way now.. why do we have to wait until the end to get some interesting shit is all I'm saying.

Random words in italic for no reason just because I felt like it.
    Kintama no kami aru

Just because that was the way in the past doesn't HAVE to mean it should be this way now.. why do we have to wait until the end to get some interesting shit is all I'm saying.

Random words in italic for no reason just because I felt like it.
    Ik more concerned with tying powerful bonuses to rng and time gating. Being unlucky in early mythic is going to feel brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Since memory is either really short or there are way more new players who never had tier armor besides this expac…the initial ones were always boring and dull historically in the “minor buff to x or y spell” category. Once you get into later raid tiers, then they usually experiment and give more “interesting” bonuses, which sometimes hit the mark and are neat, end up forcing people into choices and play styles they don’t like, or just suck and you’re stuck sucking for a tier and likely swapping to an offspec if your class allows it for like mage, rogue, priest, etc. with a better bonus.
    It's totally get better next time guys! Just 1 more patch and WoW is saved!

This can't be the real tier sets, the Enhancement Shaman one is so bad it isn't even funny.