Poll: Do you like Dragonriding?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

To those who have tried Dragonriding, do you like it?

I just got in the beta today and I have to say I'm very disappointed with how Dragonriding feels, especially after everyone hyped it up as being "better than normal flying". I can't speak for everyone obviously, but I would much rather prefer if I could just press and hold space to go in the air like you do with normal flying mounts. It feels awful that you can't do that with Dragonriding. I would compare it to the feeling of not being able to jump in a video game. Terrible.

The special actions also look and feel very clunky, they don't flow together nicely at all. Not a fan. I hope they ditch this gimmick in the next expansion for sure.

you can't stand still in the air, always need to be in movement, super frustrating, it's like "you think you can fly, but you don't".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Labambaprincess View Post
    you can't stand still in the air, always need to be in movement, super frustrating, it's like "you think you can fly, but you don't".
    Yeah, it doesn't feel great. I would have preferred if we got regular flying with the new features added on top. They're taking away a lot of what makes flying fun and I don't think they're making up for it enough.

I've played with it on beta. I think it's great and would love to see the system being built upon and carrying over in future expansions and to other mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Dragonriding takes some getting used to, but I find it a lot more fun and interesting than standard mount flying. The experience also improves with time as you get more added effects to the system via its system - in its earliest form, it's kind of like having a super jump and super-fast glide that can take you from point to point. If your sole focus is on getting from point A to B, I can see why it might be less desirable than more straightforward flying, as Dragonriding is more akin to a mini-game in the form of transportation. But with added perks/talents, it's actually a lot quicker than standard flight, especially when you master how to use downdrafts and acceleration to keep you in motion (far faster than conventional flying mounts).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Labambaprincess View Post
    Seriously? What the hell

Can you still use normal flying in DF zones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Can you still use normal flying in DF zones?
    Sadly no. I really hope they add it in a later patch because going around farming herbs and such is just not viable with Dragonriding.

I find it mildly tedious. It feels a lot like the fly cheat items they had in legion onwards that launch you I to the air for a limited time.

It's not a deal breaker but once real flying is unlocked I would never bother with it. As it stands it's only annoying when you need flying to get to something and it's on cd.

I like it. Open world traversal mechanics with no gameplay are a relic of the past, and the legacy "flying" gameplay which is just a free camera with a fancy model in the middle of the screen can die in a fire as far as I'm concerned. And looking at the talent tree once fully maxed it's probably got quite some range anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I find it mildly tedious. It feels a lot like the fly cheat items they had in legion onwards that launch you I to the air for a limited time.
    I mean if you want to talk about tediousness, legacy flying is "point to direction, hit auto-run, and wait doing nothing".
    Besides dragon riding is a lot less damaging to world pvp than regular flying, can't wait to have the dismounting talent and play around with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Sadly no. I really hope they add it in a later patch because going around farming herbs and such is just not viable with Dragonriding.
    They confirmed ages ago that regular flying will be coming to the isles.

Formerly known as Arafal

I just got in the beta today and I have to say I'm very disappointed with how Dragonriding feels, especially after everyone hyped it up as being "better than normal flying". I can't speak for everyone obviously, but I would much rather prefer if I could just press and hold space to go in the air like you do with normal flying mounts. It feels awful that you can't do that with Dragonriding. I would compare it to the feeling of not being able to jump in a video game. Terrible.

The special actions also look and feel very clunky, they don't flow together nicely at all. Not a fan. I hope they ditch this gimmick in the next expansion for sure.
    Unfortunately Dragonriding - is just another Blizzards' attempt to provide fast transportation, while removing players' ability to avoid their dung-fly design. They even started talking about completely removing flying again before even testing it in real conditions.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    I like it. Open world traversal mechanics with no gameplay are a relic of the past, and the legacy "flying" gameplay which is just a free camera with a fancy model in the middle of the screen can die in a fire as far as I'm concerned. And looking at the talent tree once fully maxed it's probably got quite some range anyway.

I mean if you want to talk about tediousness, legacy flying is "point to direction, hit auto-run, and wait doing nothing".
    Besides dragon riding is a lot less damaging to world pvp than regular flying, can't wait to have the dismounting talent and play around with that.
    World pvp is dead and barely touched. Its farmed for rewards or by raid groups but there is a whole thread explaining this you already participated in.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    World pvp is dead and barely touched. Its farmed for rewards or by raid groups but there is a whole thread explaining this you already participated in.
    It's alive enough for me. I mean there are people running around in war mode, that's all you need.

Love it, it's amazing. It's meant to help you travel, not to let you afk above the mobs.

Dragonriding is awesome. It's only downside is that you cannot stand afk in the air, but this is it.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-10-01 at 07:35 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think they're still struggling with trying to make it interactive/rewarding, but not so much that it's a mundane necessity like original flying/air swimming.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

It's either dragonriding from the start of the expansion or no flying period until much later in the expansion. Take your pick. Blizzard will never start an expansion with full 100% unrestricted flying right out of the gate.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Yeah, it doesn't feel great. I would have preferred if we got regular flying with the new features added on top. They're taking away a lot of what makes flying fun and I don't think they're making up for it enough.
    I've personally never found hovering fun, much less "a lot of it"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Love it, it's amazing. It's meant to help you travel, not to let you afk above the mobs.
    This, exactly. I'd say hovering is actually a *flaw* of the original. Trivializes everything.

Dragonriding is probably the #1 reason I'm not getting DF (though not the only reason by any stretch).

I don't want my movement to be a minigame. I just want it to get me from A to B so I can play the ACTUAL game there.

If I ever give DF a chance, it'll be after regular flying is enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Dragonriding is probably the #1 reason I'm not getting DF (though not the only reason by any stretch).
    I don't want my movement to be a minigame. I just want it to get me from A to B so I can play the ACTUAL game there.
    If I ever give DF a chance, it'll be after regular flying is enabled.
    Then use your feet and ground mounts.