Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    So I'd say if they brought back these zones, it would have to be with quite a lot of refinements (not just those reasons I mentioned), so overall it's probably just not worth it..
    Yeh... Thats... What... They... Did...And why we dont have the old ones anymore.
    You have classic, go play that if you want the old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Yeh... Thats... What... They... Did...And why we dont have the old ones anymore.
    We want it all.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Implementation effort notwithstanding, this is a really neat idea. The biggest hurdle I can think of off the cuff is do they disable flying in the Old Phase? Word on the street is the old world was not meant to be seen from certain directions. Reintroducing all those old quest givers and stuff too, but all those files are already installed for Classic so that shouldn't be a huge deal breaker.
    Flying, gliding toys, dractyr soar, demon hunters, rogue grappling hook shenanigans, heroic leap, etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Flying, gliding toys, dractyr soar, demon hunters, rogue grappling hook shenanigans, heroic leap, etc etc etc
    I wouldn't care if they disabled flying, tbh. Leveling goes so fast, who cares about flying for a couple of days? I would care more about the nostalgia and experience.

OK and why are you telling me this???

Really, what OP is saying (as I understand it), is that time travel should feel more like time travel. In all aspects. Unlike Classic, our UIs don't need to change. We aren't time traveling as players to play the game of our youth. We are time traveling as characters to see Azeroth (and other worlds) as they used to be. As they were when they were current. I think any objective person would agree this would be truest to the idea of Chromie Time. Whether it's worth Blizz's investment comes down to exactly how much time it would take (maybe not much? but what do I know?) and how much players would enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I wouldn't care if they disabled flying, tbh. Leveling goes so fast, who cares about flying for a couple of days? I would care more about the nostalgia and experience.
    It's less the leveling speed and more the old zones aren't built with those shenanigans in mind...they don't want people falling into the void on accident or on purpose

OK and why are you telling me this???
    Because you said that they would "have to do refinements" before adding back the old zones via chromie and i'm pointing out thats exactly what they did in cata.... that was the entire purpose, its already been done. You can go see them right now on retail.
    Its the typical "players have no idea what they want" syndrome.

Theyd have to disable a ton of abilities, not just flying. Even charge pathing has changed since vanilla, there would be all new exploits to worry about.

Also, it wouldnt be like a Zidormi thing to phase a zone. Youd have to load an entirely separate continent.

- - - Updated - - -

Really, what OP is saying (as I understand it), is that time travel should feel more like time travel. In all aspects. Unlike Classic, our UIs don't need to change. We aren't time traveling as players to play the game of our youth. We are time traveling as characters to see Azeroth (and other worlds) as they used to be. As they were when they were current. I think any objective person would agree this would be truest to the idea of Chromie Time. Whether it's worth Blizz's investment comes down to exactly how much time it would take (maybe not much? but what do I know?) and how much players would enjoy it.
    Any amount of time they spent fixing new exploits created by glide, double jump, roll, goblin gliders, heroic leap, grappling hook, etc.... would be better spent on new content.

Because you said that they would "have to do refinements" before adding back the old zones via chromie and i'm pointing out thats exactly what they did in cata.... that was the entire purpose, its already been done. You can go see them right now on retail.
    Its the typical "players have no idea what they want" syndrome.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Cataclysm was a revamp, not just some "refinements". Do you even play the game?

I was talking about things like fixing cities for flying etc. not revamping the entire questing experience.

It just occurred to me that it's not only flying that might fuck with the old maps.
    Things like pet pathing, i.e. heroic leap and knockbacks were either absent or a lot more limited back in the day precisely due to their poor tech.
    A.k.a. they might need to revamp the vanilla zones more than we now realise, especially if we considering demon hunters and the like as wel.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    The old zones are fucking horrible in all aspects.
    Traversing is dogshit, quests are dogshit, layout is dogshit.

There is Classic for you to suffer these trash piles of zones.

The modern game does not need 2 versions of OG or SW for the 10 players who would actually be willing to stand around and level in the old world.
    Your nostalgia has been verified, play your fucking dead classic wow servers. Not even Classic people play on those, how the fuck do you think you can convince anyone that you would spend any amount of time leveling in pre-cata felwood.
    You cant cuz you wouldnt cuz you dont do it right now. So stay sit please.
    Sitting in a 13k queue to log into my dead classic WoW server where you have to level in pre-cata felwood.

Old world is just superior in almost every way imaginable.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Cataclysm was a revamp, not just some "refinements". Do you even play the game?

I was talking about things like fixing cities for flying etc. not revamping the entire questing experience.
    It wasn't just for the questing experience, they also updated the zones, cities and so on.. Do you even play the game??
    It's already been done and taking some old zones and making a third version for it? Yeh, keep dreaming bro, it ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post

So yes, I'm sure it is that simple
    Cool, then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It isn't that simple... it might be far easier with the rework for classic but a lot more changed under the hood then a simply copy paste would allow.
    That's exactly why it *is* that simple-- they have those ancient zones working in the modern WoW client for classic. That work has already been done. As for zone vs continent, EK and Kalimdor are just zones. They're really big ones, that's all.

I don't think they'll do this because it wouldn't be zero work, and most people who care about this sort of thing are playing classic anyway.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2022-10-03 at 02:15 PM.

If the XP ratio stays the same of today, as horde you’ll probably hit 50 before setting feet in Thousand Needles. I can’t really justify the effort to adjust things just to let a few players see 1/5 of the old zones while leveling.