View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    ...Do you have other metrics?
    Or are you just trying to ride on the implication that the devs are always better informed?

In the case of the former: Please do share, i'm genuinely curious, as frankly they seem very off to me and the (for lack of a better word) recalcitrant defense that i have witnessed of it will convince no one not already liking them.
    So yeah, maybe it's a generational gap or something? Could be.
    But i'd need something, anything really, to indicate there is more support than a minor contingent of constant praisers among the constant complainer echo chamber. ^^
    I would say the poll in this very thread is a metric that shows that people complaining about Evokers body size and appearance are simply a very vocal (and whiny) minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I would say the poll in this very thread is a metric that shows that people complaining about Evokers body size and appearance are simply a very vocal (and whiny) minority.
    As he points out it's a rather limited sample size, hence the question regarding additional metrics.
    Also the poll is not about the appearance; as i've mentioned before i will try them out as well.
    And as i've mentioned before too: A poor model is nothing a good paintjob (or transmog-job) can't fix.

But the thing about all that is that it does nothing to redeem the model itself, or to indicate any widespread appreciation of it, nor anything else rendering the criticism somehow invalid.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    As he points out it's a rather limited sample size, hence the question regarding additional metrics.
    Also the poll is not about the appearance; as i've mentioned before i will try them out as well.
    And as i've mentioned before too: A poor model is nothing a good paintjob (or transmog-job) can't fix.

But the thing about all that is that it does nothing to redeem the model itself, or to indicate any widespread appreciation of it, nor anything else rendering the criticism somehow invalid.
    I do believe the term “wannabe dragons” is based on appearance. And the poll doesn’t say “will you give them a try”, it says will you play them.

Btw, this is the second such poll we’ve had on here discussing Dracthyr appearance. In the previous poll more people favored the model than disfavored it. Again, indicating that we’re dealing with a vocal (and whiny) minority.

In the end, you asked for another metric. A poll is a metric, regardless of sample size.

As for the validity of the criticism; That depends on your point of view. In terms of your criticism changing Blizzard’s stance on the design of the class, it’s quite invalid, because that isn’t going to happen. In terms of you disliking it to the point where you don’t want to play it; it’s quite valid, but it’s only valid for you personally.

I do believe the term “wannabe dragons” is based on appearance. And the poll doesn’t say “will you give them a try”, it says will you play them.

Btw, this is the second such poll we’ve had on here discussing Dracthyr appearance. In the previous poll more people favored the model than disfavored it. Again, indicating that we’re dealing with a vocal (and whiny) minority.

In the end, you asked for another metric. A poll is a metric, regardless of sample size.

As for the validity of the criticism; That depends on your point of view. In terms of your criticism changing Blizzard’s stance on the design of the class, it’s quite invalid, because that isn’t going to happen. In terms of you disliking it to the point where you don’t want to play it; it’s quite valid, but it’s only valid for you personally.
    What is playing then?
    Full-time maining? Occasional alting? Bolting them past the starter zone to position them to farm old content?
    It's not so clear a distinction as you make it out to be; My trying out may be what others consider playing, and viceversa.

And while the "wannabe" does trigger one to think about the looks for a bit, the "play" is a question about function, gameplay specifically.
    To my eyes, as well as to those of any reasonable observer i believe, that constitutes a poll not about their appearance but, as the question states, about "playing".

If you can find me the previous poll that would constitute those "other metrics" i requested, until then though i cannot really do anything with this claim.

A poll is a metric like an opinion is fact. They reflect reality to some extent, but by no means measure it dependably.
    Which is not to say that we have better within the confines of this discussion, but as noted it does not invalidate the criticism.

But enough of that; you have a more relevant poll regarding the aesthetical qualities of this product you so vehemently defend, and i am interested.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-10-02 at 12:15 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    With the release date announced, any hope of improvements on actual look of wannabe dragons is gone and seems we´re stuck with the famelic lizards.
    Are you going to play them?
    no thx.

besides that cheap shit, kiddy, mobile game gfx designs, there are lot’s of other aspects clearly telling me: i am no longer the target audience of that game.

and imo the game solely bases now on a highly cost effective „milk the cow with cheap shit and low investment, and support smart cash grab systems“ philosophy. it’s rather clear in my eyes, that Blizz just wants to invest the least money/effort possible, while trying to milk most out of it, by feeding the token system with kids, playing the game for 2-3 months. rotate kid1 through the game, for 2-3 months, sell some token, services and shop stuff to it, call it a day and continue with rotation of kid2. and so on.

for me, there is nothing to be gained. but that’s fine. i am just not the target audience for that stuff.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-10-02 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    And what are exactly your metrics? Apart from the echo chamber of constant complainers you sit in. This is a genuine question: what are your metrics other than "I saw a lot of people complaining on the forums"?
    Lack of hype in addition to 'echo chamber complainers'. Posts criticizing Dracthyr fare a lot better than the ones praising them, not to mention there are very few positive posts about them to begin with.
    When the race and the class are one in the same, as is the case with the Evoker, it absolutely does.
    Nah. If anything they should be well built like dragons who also are casters.
    Last edited by Auburst; 2022-10-02 at 12:41 PM.

I suggest you all farm Sisters of the Moon on ToS; both non-tier shoulders and waist of the shaman set drop there, four different colors, all look great and more importantly, all look great on Dracthyr. Blue, Green, Bronze (gold) styles all covered.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-10-02 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburst View Post
    Dracthyr and wow dragons have little in common.
    That is not even remotely true. They look like they belong 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Male Naga have more of a dragon face than dracthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Male Naga have more of a dragon face than dracthyr.
    No they do not. If you are going to lie at least make it credible.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is playing then?
    Full-time maining? Occasional alting? Bolting them past the starter zone to position them to farm old content?
    It's not so clear a distinction as you make it out to be; My trying out may be what others consider playing, and viceversa.
    This is purely a semantic back and forth, but it's rather clear that if you're saying "I'm going to play as a Paladin", it indicates that you're more dedicated to the class than merely saying "I'm going to try out a Paladin".

And while the "wannabe" does trigger one to think about the looks for a bit, the "play" is a question about function, gameplay specifically.
    To my eyes, as well as to those of any reasonable observer i believe, that constitutes a poll not about their appearance but, as the question states, about "playing".
    I would argue that the title of the thread backs up the idea that the poll is also based on appearance. The general thrust of this conversation does as well.

If you can find me the previous poll that would constitute those "other metrics" i requested, until then though i cannot really do anything with this claim.
    Do you like Dracthyr Evokers:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ac-thyr-Evoker

Do you like Dracthyr Evokers (with more options):
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-and-or-Evoker

How I would Fix Dracthyr;
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...d-Fix-Drakthyr

A poll is a metric like an opinion is fact. They reflect reality to some extent, but by no means measure it dependably.
    Which is not to say that we have better within the confines of this discussion, but as noted it does not invalidate the criticism.

But enough of that; you have a more relevant poll regarding the aesthetical qualities of this product you so vehemently defend, and i am interested.
    Again, I'm merely providing additional metrics beyond simple forum posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. If anything they should be well built like dragons who also are casters.
    Which is completely your opinion. There are plenty of slim dragons in WoW.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    This is purely a semantic back and forth, but it's rather clear that if you're saying "I'm going to play as a Paladin", it indicates that you're more dedicated to the class than merely saying "I'm going to try out a Paladin".

I would argue that the title of the thread backs up the idea that the poll is also based on appearance. The general thrust of this conversation does as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you even check the poll results on the polls you posted?
    Chen isn't a Monk

No they do not. If you are going to lie at least make it credible.
    Dracthyr faces are too thin, the naga head has better proportions. Both were modeled after dragons, the naga one looks more like a WoW dragon, the dracthyr one looks more like a d&d kobold.

...Do you have other metrics?
    Or are you just trying to ride on the implication that the devs are always better informed?
    Metrics for what? What did I state, exactly? I know it's a difficult question, but I have high hopes. You can do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Lack of hype in addition to 'echo chamber complainers'. Posts criticizing Dracthyr fare a lot better than the ones praising them, not to mention there are very few positive posts about them to begin with.
    So no meaningful metrics. Thanks, that's all I wanted to know.

Not at all. That guy is right. Male Naga have more in common with wow dragons than Dracthyr do.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no slim dragons in WoW unless you consider their adolescent forms. Not to mention Dracthyr are based on five main dragonflights.

- - - Updated - - -

Metrics for what? What did I state, exactly? I know it's a difficult question, but I have high hopes. You can do it.

- - - Updated - - -

So no meaningful metrics. Thanks, that's all I wanted to know.
    To you. You are welcome.

To you. You are welcome.
    No, those are objectively bad metrcis. With a little bit of education, you'd understand why. Whether you value education or not is a different story.

No, those are objectively bad metrcis. With a little bit of education, you'd understand why. Whether you value education or not is a different story.
    Those are the best we have access to. Ironic.

Those are the best we have access to. Ironic.
    Well what do you know, are those? Here's a thing, cupcake (two things, actually): 1) sometimes the best metrics available are still shit; 2) you don't have to have strong opinion on everything. You really don't. So why won't you simply sit down to wait and see, instead of making those exaggerated opinions based on shit metrics? Oh, I know why! Because you WANT them to fail. Your opinions and metrics are just as fake as you are.

Well what do you know, are those? Here's a thing, cupcake (two things, actually): 1) sometimes the best metrics available are still shit; 2) you don't have to have strong opinion on everything. You really don't. So why won't you simply sit down to wait and see, instead of making those exaggerated opinions based on shit metrics? Oh, I know why! Because you WANT them to fail. Your opinions and metrics are just as fake as you are.
    Like I said, I see little interest in Dracthyr on the internet and yes ofc I want them to fail. They are a disappointment divorced from wow dragon designs. Rework is needed. All this education didn't help in taming passive aggressiveness, did it. Maybe it's hormonal, who knows, not me. It's not fake, though.

Like I said, I see little interest in Dracthyr on the internet and yes ofc I want them to fail. They are a disappointment divorced from wow dragon designs. Rework is needed. All this education didn't help in taming passive aggressiveness, did it. Maybe it's hormonal, who knows, not me. It's not fake, though.
    Do you really think you deserve any better? Wow. A pat on the head, maybe? You'd twist and bend any argument to prove your point. Anyone who engages with you in any form of genuine discussion is simply wasting his or hers time. I'll gladly use a little bit of my own to show how fake you are, though.