Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Right now I just like that we can get FOUR tree-end talents, e.g., Seraphim, Zealot's Paragon, Bulwark of Fury, and Divine Toll/Resonance. From a viewpoint of playstyle and player experience, we get lots of toys to have fun with.
    I am not sure if seraphim is going to be playable. I like the talent personally, but currently on live we already see the vast majority picking divine purpose over seraphim (although I personally think thats a mistake, it is happening) when we are currently overflowing with hp. Considering less hp generation and less haste going into df, I'm currently unsure if the 3hp investment + 1gcd is worth it for seraphim, infact I suspect its unplayable because of serious danger of falling behind. Also sancified wrath makes sentinal way better and is, a shitty, hp generator which we kinda want. I could be dead wrong about this though, but I think seraphim needs a buff for prot for it to be viable, so basically an increase in its mastery value.

Other than that you definitely want one point into gift of the golden valkyr. Spending one point into that gives you current defensive legendary power, basically giving you shieldwall for 4s when u drop below 30% hp on a 45s cd (altho you dont get the free wog obviously). You could argue spending one point into this is better value than spending a point on guardian itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    I am not sure if seraphim is going to be playable. I like the talent personally, but currently on live we already see the vast majority picking divine purpose over seraphim (although I personally think thats a mistake, it is happening) when we are currently overflowing with hp. Considering less hp generation and less haste going into df, I'm currently unsure if the 3hp investment + 1gcd is worth it for seraphim, infact I suspect its unplayable because of serious danger of falling behind. Also sancified wrath makes sentinal way better and is, a shitty, hp generator which we kinda want. I could be dead wrong about this though, but I think seraphim needs a buff for prot for it to be viable, so basically an increase in its mastery value.

Other than that you definitely want one point into gift of the golden valkyr. Spending one point into that gives you current defensive legendary power, basically giving you shieldwall for 4s when u drop below 30% hp on a 45s cd (altho you dont get the free wog obviously). You could argue spending one point into this is better value than spending a point on guardian itself.
    Good Insights: Thanks! I am still re-learning the spec, so appreciate the perspective.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I've admittedly been avoiding thinking about it because I'm very sour on the ret tree, and the massive HP generation nerf feels really terrible if you've played it in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    I've admittedly been avoiding thinking about it because I'm very sour on the ret tree, and the massive HP generation nerf feels really terrible if you've played it in SL.
    Well blizzard blue post said the change is so SoR isn't like a maintenace buff they want it to be "meaningful". Tell that to port warriors who use IP and sheild block OCD or VDH not trying to keep Demon spike or or using fiery brand so there is always a def CD up...... yet prot pally get to make their def CD "meaningful"

I just wish the talents were a bit more compelling

Well i like some of the prot pally talent combinations, but theres a lot of usless talents...