View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Auburst View Post
    There are no slim dragons in WoW unless you consider their adolescent forms. Not to mention Dracthyr are based on five main dragonflights.
    The caster dragonkin models in vanilla BRS, Obsidian Sanctum etc. are quite slim, more so than the thicker Dracthyr options (though being four legged creatures their lower bodies are somewhat wide). Drakes are also reasonably slim and I guess it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Deathwing to have had drakes in mind when he made the Dracthyr, they do kina look like bipedal drakes if you think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people's obsession with something they will never play or supposedly despise is quite frightening.

If you don't like the Dracthyr, or the Evoker class, don't play it. There are several other races and classes to choose from. Complaining that the DE isn't exactly what you want or envisioned to be is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Looking at the feedback people give, I think the lower jaw needs to jut out another 6 or 7 inches.
    And the crotch needs to be bigger...doesn't matter if they're dragons, gotta apply what insecure men think peak males are (and they definitely aren't)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Some people's obsession with something they will never play or supposedly despise is quite frightening.

If you don't like the Dracthyr, or the Evoker class, don't play it. There are several other races and classes to choose from. Complaining that the DE isn't exactly what you want or envisioned to be is ridiculous.
    It's funny...especially the people who use furry as a derogatory term, they clearly would never play a anthropomorphic race yet they're complaining and demanding changes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's head canon. Dracthyr specifically discuss this and their assumption is that perhaps the purpose of their visage form is different than blending in.
    what does that have to do with them being new to the whole human thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

>biased poll title
    >falls them famelic even though they are much buffer than lizard people would suggest

This isn't your Twitter. You never wanted to have a discussion, you're just here to share your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    With some proper shoulders they do look a little better though.
    It’s such a shame they didn’t add the shoulders that they showed us in the Dracthyr blog post. They would’ve been great for a third option for shoulders in the barber shop.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-10-02 at 07:32 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

I have mixed feelings about them overall.

Visually, I think they look fine. I think the design decision to limit visage form for really pointless reasons is a hinderance. The lack of transmog for options for dracthyr form will quickly wear thin with people once the newness has rubbed off. I

Gameplay wise, I feel like there's elements of a good design somewhere in their messy kit but it needs way more refinement. Empowered abilities are very gimmicky and uninteresting. I think the interplay between different color abilities is the way to make them unique and satisfying in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    The Miqo'te are literal cat girls/boys
    The Au Ra are the dragon people done first
    Then we have the fucking Viera! and all that BEFORE the friggin Hrothgar

and if you go on a tangent on how they are technically not furrys for whatever reason that is legit you projecting your in that community a lot deeper than you actually admit.
    If they look mostly human, it's not a furry. Those races don't have paws or animal mouths whatever. They just have tail, and different ears. Outside of the au ra getting scales that look more like decor. Saying a Miqo or Vierra are furries is like saying an elf is a furry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    i dont get why people is that cringey and silly about being so against giving the option of having that beefy model thats already in the game for the race

current body feels like what you would get if you cancel charmeleons evolution in the last moment, the proportions are terrible and feels weak and small for a dragon race
    ayo thas a good description

Still an impressive size difference. I could imagine with horns exposed, the difference would be even more pronounced.
    Their height is quite impressive. Toss in their opened wings and they look great IMO. I admire Blizzard for at least attempting to make them very large creatures.

I like how you advocate against playable quadrupedal dragons for their size, yet you seem to be in great favor for Dracthyr being as tallest and biggest as possible.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2022-10-03 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    With some proper shoulders they do look a little better though.
    It’s such a shame they didn’t add the shoulders that they showed us in the Dracthyr blog post. They would’ve been great for a third option for shoulders in the barber shop.
    Well you CAN mog shoulder armor so there is that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    I like how you advocate against playable quadrupedal dragons for their size, yet you seem to be in great favor for Dracthyr being as tallest and biggest as possible.
    Really, drakes are not really taller than Dracthyr. When I can I'll try and get some screenshots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not followed this thread even in the slightest, but let me guess:

This is the same as people bitching about Pandas all over again, isn't it?

So I'll tell you what's gonna happen. People will bitch and moan about furries or whatever for a few weeks, all the normal people who aren't neurotically invested in the creative choices of a game they have zero creative input on will either make one or wont make one, and then everyone will accept them as yet another class in WoW and things will go on same as they ever have.

The only legitimate artistic criticism I've seen so far is the lack of appearances due to them being unable to display normal armor. They can dress it up with lore however they want, but it's clear that it was simply too much work for them to undertake, and is pretty unfortunate as no other race/class bears that same restriction.

Everyone else seems to be whining that the dragon people don't look like exactly the kind of dragon people they wanted. Which... is a you problem, I guess.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I've not followed this thread even in the slightest, but let me guess:

This is the same as people bitching about Pandas all over again, isn't it?

So I'll tell you what's gonna happen. People will bitch and moan about furries or whatever for a few weeks, all the normal people who aren't neurotically invested in the creative choices of a game they have zero creative input on will either make one or wont make one, and then everyone will accept them as yet another class in WoW and things will go on same as they ever have.

The only legitimate artistic criticism I've seen so far is the lack of appearances due to them being unable to display normal armor. They can dress it up with lore however they want, but it's clear that it was simply too much work for them to undertake, and is pretty unfortunate as no other race/class bears that same restriction.

Everyone else seems to be whining that the dragon people don't look like exactly the kind of dragon people they wanted. Which... is a you problem, I guess.
    It's not the furry thing, it's the fact that they're not SWOL enough. People want their Dracthyr to be 35 feet tall and have a hard time fitting through doorways (but that's okay because they're big and strong and will just burst through a wall Kool-Aid man style if that happens).

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's not the furry thing, it's the fact that they're not SWOL enough. People want their Dracthyr to be 35 feet tall and have a hard time fitting through doorways (but that's okay because they're big and strong and will just burst through a wall Kool-Aid man style if that happens).
    Just because you want the dracthyr to have refrigerator chest like male draenei, doesn't mean other people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Just because you want the dracthyr to have refrigerator chest like male draenei, doesn't mean other people do.
    I thought the sarcasm in my post was pretty self-evident but, uh... yeah. I really don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Actually if you look at my class threads in my signature, you would see that I was actually in favor of it. I simply understand why Blizzard took the direction they did.

I do oppose Dracthyr being huge, bulky Drakonoids though. I am quite thankful they didn’t go that way in design.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I have mixed feelings about them overall.

Gameplay wise, I feel like there's elements of a good design somewhere in their messy kit but it needs way more refinement. Empowered abilities are very gimmicky and uninteresting. I think the interplay between different color abilities is the way to make them unique and satisfying in the future.
    This is what people should be discussing IMO. The actual gameplay and design of the class feels pretty uninspired and clunky. Empowered abilities sounded cool on paper but functionally they don't add much depth and aren't fun. The talent trees are made up of mostly passives and 2 min long abilities that don't feel fun to press outside of deep breath. The biggest killer is the 25 yards range - especially if you decide to pvp. Any good ranged is going to milk that extra 15 yards and just destroy this class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    This is what people should be discussing IMO. The actual gameplay and design of the class feels pretty uninspired and clunky. Empowered abilities sounded cool on paper but functionally they don't add much depth and aren't fun. The talent trees are made up of mostly passives and 2 min long abilities that don't feel fun to press outside of deep breath. The biggest killer is the 25 yards range - especially if you decide to pvp. Any good ranged is going to milk that extra 15 yards and just destroy this class.
    Don't worry, people are providing ample feedback on how much evoker makes no sense on beta forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really, drakes are not really taller than Dracthyr. When I can I'll try and get some screenshots.
    Yeah, in a perfect world we would play as mount sized drakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    There's nothing that I enjoy less than reading the impossibly entitled takes from people who think that a swol Dracthyr is somehow important to their enjoyment of this video game where we slay internet dragons for imaginary loot.

Grow up, dudes.
    Why do you care what other people do or think about in a video game where we slay internet dragons for imaginary loot?

Grow up, dude.

Really? The MMOC community wasn't enough to bully Blizz into changing the design of their lizard people. Weak