Page 51 of 142 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I guess it's a good day to go fishing instead of watching the Bills have another meltdown.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

After watching part of this Titans/Colts game, I can't wait for Broncos/Colts on Thursday. It is going to be the most offensive game of the season.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently the updated concussion protocols will state that anytime a player has motor difficulties they are to be pulled from the rest of the game.

Which is great... for Tua's concussion on Sunday. It does nothing to stop the team from rushing him back for that Thursday game. Protocols need a mandatory "concussion sufferers cannot return to play for at least 5 days" to specifically stamp out a rushed Sunday-Thursday return like that going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

And so begins the Kenny Pickett era.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god the Trubisky error is over.

May he never see another snap.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Cooper Rush > Dak Prescott

Geno Smith playing better than Russell Wilson this year is kind of funny too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where has this Eagles defense been all my life?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Cooper Rush > Dak Prescott

Gotta wonder if Hackett would have preferred a less mobility-reliant QB given his history with guys like Rodgers and Bortles.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I mean...we ALL were expecting Seattle at Detroit to be the highest scoring game of the morning slate, if not the week, right? ...right!?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Gotta wonder if Hackett would have preferred a less mobility-reliant QB given his history with guys like Rodgers and Bortles.
    Hackett didn't call plays with Rodgers and Bortles got worse when Hackett started calling plays in Jacksonville.

10+ Year Old Account
    Colts down 7 with 2 minutes left... decide to kick a 51 yard FG on 4th and 21. I guess they figure they have a better chance recovering an onside than getting 21 yards? Then the kick misses anyway, what a stupid sequence.
    /s

Ravens go for it on 4th and goal instead of taking the lead with a FG. Like I love going for it on 4th down just as much as the other guy but sometimes it isn't a bad play to take the easy 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Eagles with some crazy 4th down plays themselves. Decide to go for it on 4th instead of just kicking a FG that was basically an extra point. They were up 8, that would have finished the game off. Instead they fail to get it and give the ball back to Jax with a chance for them to drive and tie the game. They got bailed out with a fumble by Jax on the next play but that choice to go for it on 4th...wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Eagles with some crazy 4th down plays themselves.
    That, and not taking the FG when Elliot got late hit, were questionable decisions. The team bailed the coaches out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eagles go for it on 4th instead of kicking it and making it a two score game. Maybe Elliot was hurt on the earlier roughing call? Anyway it failed but the Jags fumbled anyway. A lot of weird coaching decisions today.

- - - Updated - - -

Ravens earned that loss.
    /s

Baltimore deserved that loss. Next time kick the fucking field goal instead of going for it on 4th.

Was getting the fishing boat ready while checking box scores (not on tv here). I'll be darned, the Bills actually decided to show up in the 2nd half. Finally got that "never win close games" monkey off their back.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Lions defense is so bad.
    /s

Do announcers not fucking understand that with under 2 minutes left and the team has THREE timeouts left they do not need to onside kick if they score. Lions don't have to onside if they score some points on this drive.

To be fair Hanson in Red Zone was saying the same dumb shit. I miss Siciliano's redzone, way better.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2022-10-02 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Do announcers not fucking understand that with under 2 minutes left and the team has THREE timeouts left they do not need to onside kick if they score. Lions don't have to onside if they score some points on this drive.

To be fair Hanson in Red Zone was saying the same dumb shit. I miss Siciliano's redzone, way better.
    They might need to onside just because their defense has no chance of getting a stop.

And they couldn't get a stop
    Last edited by draynay; 2022-10-02 at 08:30 PM.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They might need to onside just because their defense has no chance of getting a stop.

And they couldn't get a stop
    Yeah one of the few times that totally makes sense to onside it because the defense couldn't stop anything. Almost got the ball back too. But they didn't HAVE to onside it as the announcers and Hanson were implying.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was an absolute horseshit call on special teams. Horsecollar tackle my ass. He grabbed jersey way below the name plate, which is just a tackle. -_-

- - - Updated - - -

And now Hoyer officially out with a head injury for the rest of the game.

On to 3rd string and rookie QB Bailey Zappe. Let's see what you got kid. No one is expecting you to win this one or even keep it close, so no pressure.