Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Should still work the same as for anybody else, i.e. all spells with the same damage school get locked out.
    Hmm seems they are Arcane/Nature/Fire respectively. So Preserver will be a healer that is difficulty to lock down with interrupts since they will have options across three schools.

I know class trainers are effectively pointless in retail but I'll just say I think its a little lame they didn't add any tauren or draenei rogue class trainers for flavour at least. Anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I know class trainers are effectively pointless in retail but I'll just say I think its a little lame they didn't add any tauren or draenei rogue class trainers for flavour at least. Anywhere.
    Agreed. I think they should've at least tried to fit these new combos into the lore somehow, make them feel more natural. Even a LF Draenei added to the Vindicaar saying why they went towards stealth after fighting the Legion would be enough.

so taking the global release times into account and if they dont slow leveling down compared to the current exp and assuming you know how to play your class and only do main questlines you can hit cap in about 11 hours played probably less if you do dungeons

True. But you have to finish the main story on your first character, or it will not unlock world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Nice to see that they added a "snap" feature to the UI edit mode. Would still like to see a few more, which I consider basic and not unreasonable, improvements:

• independent resizing of things like minimap instead of being based on UI scale; I usually scale my UI up to about 0.85, and the minimap is enormous;
    • ability to hide/fade all UI elements; e.g., if I'm using the Combined Backpack, I do not need to see the Bag Bar at all;
    • UI still a mix of old, low-res textures with new, high-res ones (maybe they're holding out on all the other textures for the home stretch?);
    • ability to detach class/spec power from player unitframe;
    • ability to move interface windows with edit mode;
    • still would like better text drop shadows and tighter kerning (yes, super-niche-personal)
    I Definitely agree with your points and hope they can continue to put effort into these UI changes.

Just to add onto your point I think interface windows should be scalable in edit mode, movable at any point and more panels should be able to be opened at one time.

After that, the menu in the bottom right and the XP bars still need to be added to edit mode, and more items should allow for the orientation to be flipped such as the character frames, quest log, and chat window.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Are y'all planning to give your Evoker names based on Dragonflight naming rules, e.g. if your Evoker is a "red" dragon his/her name will end with asz / asza etc.?
    I would, but I also know I will frequently change my scale/armor colour if I find a new shiny mog for it, so my solution is to just name it Uldoval (Skyrim nerds will see it) and then use TRP to add whatever suffix matches my current mog. Being baited into starting over on a RP server and then having too many toons to move anywhere has SOME benefits

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I've played all casters over the years, until you get used to it landslide is easily fucked up by a slight misclick, plus the 150+ms probably doesnt help, I changed up my talents to be more red based and honestly it seems to have put abit of oompf into some of the attacks.

Felt the same until I went pretty hard on the blue side and gave my Evoker full Zereth Mortis gear (Evokers started at ilvl 180 when I made mine which was a pain). Shattering Star into a level one Eternity Surge followed by a disintegrate kills anything outright, especially if the free surge procs mid-channel too.

Dracthyr do not follow the dragonflight's naming scheme anyway nor do they have a consistent naming scheme. It's often a noun related to their scale color with a fairly random suffix (e.g. Dervisian and Sarkareth are both Bronze colored)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I've played all casters over the years, until you get used to it landslide is easily fucked up by a slight misclick, plus the 150+ms probably doesnt help, I changed up my talents to be more red based and honestly it seems to have put abit of oompf into some of the attacks.
    The frontal line attacks behave really weird and I am not even sure how to provide feedback on that. When you click on them they usually point towards the back instead of the front so you need to turn landslide/deep breath forward before you use them (and deep breath has the longest animation during which you still take damage so if you count on it as a mass stun to get out of trouble, you'll be dead before it fires).

Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    True. But you have to finish the main story on your first character, or it will not unlock world quests.
    Currently one chapter left in the final zone and I'm 57.8 so I'm gonna start doing dungeons for gear

Skipping all the cutscenes until live

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I would, but I also know I will frequently change my scale/armor colour if I find a new shiny mog for it, so my solution is to just name it Uldoval (Skyrim nerds will see it) and then use TRP to add whatever suffix matches my current mog. Being baited into starting over on a RP server and then having too many toons to move anywhere has SOME benefits
    I'm just going with a Black Dragonflight name regardless of color. They were created by Neltharion and from what I've seen a few of them use -ian suffixes despite the Dracthyr generally not having usual dragon names, so I think it'd fit.

Also helps that I really liked the name I came up with using their naming scheme, wasn't as happy with the other variants I saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    I'm just going with a Black Dragonflight name regardless of color. They were created by Neltharion and from what I've seen a few of them use -ian suffixes despite the Dracthyr generally not having usual dragon names, so I think it'd fit.

Also helps that I really liked the name I came up with using their naming scheme, wasn't as happy with the other variants I saved.
    I was gonna use Vitaelstrasz as a red dragon but I like their colour scheme the least so rip that name!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post

Plus, black (and red) fits all specs. I think I'll keep black and maybe switch around secondary colors.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-10-03 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    so taking the global release times into account and if they dont slow leveling down compared to the current exp and assuming you know how to play your class and only do main questlines you can hit cap in about 11 hours played probably less if you do dungeons
    That doesn't sound terribly out of line with the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Currently one chapter left in the final zone and I'm 57.8 so I'm gonna start doing dungeons for gear

Skipping all the cutscenes until live
    When I leveled to 70, I had to do quite a few side quests after I finished the main story to get there. I hope they buff the amount of experience you get from quests, so we don't have to do that when it launches on the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    When I leveled to 70, I had to do quite a few side quests after I finished the main story to get there. I hope they buff the amount of experience you get from quests, so we don't have to do that when it launches on the 28th.
    I could be misremembering but wasn't Shadowlands that way at launch too? I seem to remember doing almost all of the side quests except a few in Revendreth. But maybe that was because the campaign wasn't enough to get you to the breakpoint to reach the next chapter in the campaign.

I could be misremembering but wasn't Shadowlands that way at launch too? I seem to remember doing almost all of the side quests except a few in Revendreth. But maybe that was because the campaign wasn't enough to get you to the breakpoint to reach the next chapter in the campaign.
    You need to do some sidequests in bastion to reach the first level breakpoint, but I don't recall needing to do anymore after that in other zones and still hit 60 before Revendreth ends.

I left bastion at 54 and had to stop doing side quests because I hit 60 in ardenweald

Maybe they did add them, but they are stealthed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apparently a new invite wave went out .... nothing for me though
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Apparently a new invite wave went out .... nothing for me though
    Takes time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Heh...

Beta is down
    Mythic plus hopefully

We also hopefully get the constant crashes fixed and the race time frame no longer stuck because I get it blizz I missed gold by .003 SECONDS!!!!