Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

"The future will unfold as it was meant to"

Thought this was an interesting quote from the release trailer. I wonder if there will be restoring a timeline, or reverting world events to achieve what was "meant" to happen in Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r4vio928 View Post
    Thought this was an interesting quote from the release trailer. I wonder if there will be restoring a timeline, or reverting world events to achieve what was "meant" to happen in Azeroth.
    Considering they are using Nozdormu as a front figure, we can guess there of course are some bronze/infinite implications.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Bronze/Infinite Shenanigans? In MY expansions about Dragons?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Considering they are using Nozdormu as a front figure, we can guess there of course are some bronze/infinite implications.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but in one of the leaks, I believe it said we'd be resorting parts of Azeroth. Not sure if this would be specifically on the Dragon Isles, or if maybe in future patches it expands out into Azeroth. Definitely feeling a restoration vibe in this expansion, especially since bronze healing abilities from the Dracthyr involve rewinding time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong but in one of the leaks, I believe it said we'd be resorting parts of Azeroth. Not sure if this would be specifically on the Dragon Isles, or if maybe in future patches it expands out into Azeroth. Definitely feeling a restoration vibe in this expansion, especially since bronze healing abilities from the Dracthyr involve rewinding time.
    I recall it was mentioned that one of the patches is off the isle but we'll see. Nozdormu sadly is a joker due to his future.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If I could go back to when Sargeras plunged his sword into Azeroth and assassinate Sylvanas to make the BfA~SL timeline collapse I most definitely would... never gonna happen but even imagining it is pretty sweet.

This does make me wonder if the other realms are affected by time travel as well... Nozdormu being able to change the history of the Shadowlands/Nether/Void or whatever else seems somewhat out of proportion for a mere creation of the Pantheon of Order.

He also says, "open your mind, to what has yet to come". Sounds totally like a big shift or re-invention of Azeroth as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    If I could go back to when Sargeras plunged his sword into Azeroth and assassinate Sylvanas to make the BfA~SL timeline collapse I most definitely would... never gonna happen but even imagining it is pretty sweet.

This does make me wonder if the other realms are affected by time travel as well... Nozdormu being able to change the history of the Shadowlands/Nether/Void or whatever else seems somewhat out of proportion for a mere creation of the Pantheon of Order.
    This would make a great Caverns of Time esque Dungeon that would make sense while being a very obvious meme about the state of the story for the last two expansions and I would respect the hell out of it.

The Infinite flight tries to undo Sylvanas and SL and the Timewalkers have to stop them, but it's a CoT Dungeon that has us go back to the Timewalker's Mission of preventing this, except something goes wrong and we're now playing the Infinite Dragonflight's perspective and go around trying to undo that timeline, have some fun with it, then the Bronze Wins and Chromie fixes the perspective for the last Encounter, so we're Timewalkers and win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So is Nozdormu the narrator of that trailer?
    There are a couple of voices in that particular chorus but I believe that Nozdormu does have the majority of spoken lines in this trailer, yes.

With these kind of hints, usually the most likely scenario turns out to be true. Blizzard writing has never been that impressive and mostly resorting to the rule of cool.
    So most likely it is refering to murozond being the big bad at the end of the expansion.

Isnt the current timeline in theory a fake one? Thanks to Krasus and Rhonin changing the past? Maybe this mistake gets fixed and we will see how Azeroth really would have developed 10.000 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Isnt the current timeline in theory a fake one? Thanks to Krasus and Rhonin changing the past? Maybe this mistake gets fixed and we will see how Azeroth really would have developed 10.000 years ago
    This is technically true but I very much doubt they would ever use that lore in game. It's so old and only happened in books, trying to explain that discrepancy to players out of nowhere seems like it wouldn't go over well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So is Nozdormu the narrator of that trailer?
    Wrathion, Nozdormu and Ebyssian.

You see who says what with closed captions on.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Martin Sheen the previous voice-actor of Nozdurmu?

I find these voice-acting changes always fine, but when it's such a big character and such a big change as this.. hhmmm

This would definitely fall in line with the "What sword?" joke from Ion. Definitely could imply we stop Sargeras earlier.

So you mean to say there is a chance that we not only condemned Sylvanas to eternal janitor duty in hell, but that we also in-lore "retcon" her crimes out of existence.

That's hilarious, better than i could have hoped for.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    So you mean to say there is a chance that we not only condemned Sylvanas to eternal janitor duty in hell, but that we also in-lore "retcon" her crimes out of existence.

That's hilarious, better than i could have hoped for.
    This makes no sense and almost certainly has no bearing on the content that is coming.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    When he said that, he sounded really upset. Makes me think we will see him turn into Murozond soon.

100% reading to much into it, but would be an awesome teaser for a total revamp of WoW, new engine, new questing from lvl 1 onward, expansions now being linked to via caverns of time.. A true fresh start.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    The true timeline is the End Time dungeon with Deathwing impaled, Azeroth devoid of life and the Old Gods freed. Nozdormu actually broke his oath as upholder of the true timeline and gave us a powerful Artifact from another timeline to win. It makes sense that Nozdormu is to be punished for this, inevitably probably setting up his own corruption because of his recklessness.