View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    What is wrong with famelic? It says what it is. Famelic is more "charged", as a word, than the ones you proposed.
    Famelic isn't even a word in the Oxford or Merriam Webster dictionaries, that might be a good place to start as to what's wrong with it.

5+ Year Old Account
    There are two big pitfalls that make the race unappealing in my eyes.

1. The legs.

I feel like the upper half of Dracthyr look fine, good even, I was pretty satisfied with what I am able to make on beta. They look dragon enough and with the helmet options it hides the tiny head problem really well. No issues there.

But the legs just look awful, weirdly feminine, and ruins their run animation for me. Not to mention you can't really do anything to cover them up. I almost wish I could play a floating torso and I'd like the race a lot more. I have no idea why they went with that design.

2. Lack of gender

Let me be clear I have nothing against it morally and I understand the dimorphism argument, etc etc. But to be honest it's hard to personalize a character when they feel like they took half the features of both genders and shoved them together to make it look like they have a wide array of options. As someone who enjoys playing/creating masculine characters Dracthyr are pretty lacking , body type 4 did wonders for them but as above the legs just kinda throw it out the window.

I think thats where most of the distaste comes from, you can't really commit to looking fully feminine or masculine which I think is a flaw if they were aiming for gender fluidity.

Even with all that though, probably will still play one since I like the healing spec, though won't really be as invested as I am with my other characters.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Metrics for the appearance of Drac'thyr being commonly liked? (Or disliked as the case might be)
    It wasn't exactly unclear, but it's curious how the support always falls short when the question is asked directly.
    How on Earth did it cross your mind I'm supporting the idea that the Drac'thyr is/will be a commonly liked race? I've said no such thing. I've simply asked for metrics that would indicate the opposite is true, and I wasn't given any of note. As for my own opinion, I don't care if it's commonly liked or not. I know how I feel about them and I don't need any kind of validation in the "community" (has to be the silliest word in the world, considering all this "community" is doing is arguing and bickering; what a community indeed).
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-10-03 at 06:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    It was enough to make them add the fourth body size at very least.
    it was always there...
    they did not "add it because of player feedback" it was literally always an option, but people didnt fucking actually bother and looked at 1 model and used it for all their examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it was always there...
    they did not "add it because of player feedback" it was literally always an option, but people didnt fucking actually bother and looked at 1 model and used it for all their examples.
    In interviews they only ever talked about two other options. “Slightly bulkier” and “slightly slimmer”

They never talked about the fourth “substantially bulkier” option, you’d imagine they would have when it was brought up in said interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

In interviews they only ever talked about two other options. “Slightly bulkier” and “slightly slimmer”

They never talked about the fourth “substantially bulkier” option, you’d imagine they would have when it was brought up in said interview.
    It was brought up... months after the fact.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

This doesn’t actually mean body 4 wasn’t always there as body 3 could have been the base from the start with no real way of knowing other wise.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Wanting to be a scalie since forever, so Im fine with Dracthyr.
    Im still struggling with liking the long neck combined with the Tiny head though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    WoW has always had a cartoony look and Dracthyr fit perfectly within that, I don't get why people want to pretend their game about orcs, trolls and talking cows ever had a serious vibe. Reminds me back when people acted out because they was adding pandaren.
    I didnt say anything about a cartoony look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or more people need to enrich their vocabulary.
    I mean, both can be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Famelic isn't even a word in the Oxford or Merriam Webster dictionaries, that might be a good place to start as to what's wrong with it.
    Well, in french it is one: famélique. I thought it could translate to "famelic" in english.

https://www.larousse.fr/dictionnaire...%A9lique/32782

 famélique

adjectif

(latin famelicus, de fames, faim)

Qui souffre cruellement de la faim et qui est amaigri par le manque de nourriture : Un chien famélique.

And the Oxford dictionary available online is the Learner's Dictionaries, not the complete one (which requires a subscription).

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I have mixed feelings about them overall.

Visually, I think they look fine. I think the design decision to limit visage form for really pointless reasons is a hinderance. The lack of transmog for options for dracthyr form will quickly wear thin with people once the newness has rubbed off. I

Gameplay wise, I feel like there's elements of a good design somewhere in their messy kit but it needs way more refinement. Empowered abilities are very gimmicky and uninteresting. I think the interplay between different color abilities is the way to make them unique and satisfying in the future.
    Ye, having played with them more I do think there's something missing there. They do have flash but the short range, long ass empowered spell cast and relatively low damage across the board (by that I mean they don't have many high-impact abilities like Chaos Bolt, Pyroblast or Chain Lightning outside of long CDs, even spells like Fire Breath don't hit for that hard)) make me go eeeeh. Preservation might be better but I don't usuallyp lay healer.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Avoided purchasing Dragonflight. But in hypothetical scenario, I most certainly wouldn't be playing new class. It's about time to stop being a fan of company who acts like mafia.

P.S As disclaimer I don't have anything against feminine archetype. The deliberate lack of choices is what annoys me about activists who holds Blizzard as hostage at this point.
    Last edited by neik; 2022-10-06 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Did not purchased Dragonflight yet. But if I decide to do so, I most certainly won't be playing one. It's about time to stop being a fan of company who acts like mafia.

P.S As disclaimer I don't have anything against feminine archetype. The deliberate lack of choices is what annoys me about activists who holds Blizzard as hostage at this point.
    Yeah man, those activists and their annoying desire for all humans to be treated equally... they're clearly holding Blizzard hostage and preventing them from releasing THICC ASS Dracthyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    To be honest, imagine that thing in melee, the poor gnomes would be completely hidden!

Also idk how much you could do with a quad dragon to make it interesting. Swipe, bite, breath attack, maybe a wing flap or "stand on hind legs and slam" and at that point you're just a really big druid in bear form animation-wise.

Any kind of flight attack would be wonky af to do from melee because it would have to be a long trajectory to not make it look incredibly dumb due to your size and spellcasting would have to either involve no animations or coming out of your mouth, again wonky looking from melee.

I'm no game dev and those are my two cents without giving it much thought but melee dragon just sounds like a headache and a half to implement.
    Those are some good points. I do feel that the more humanoid dragon form allows for more expressive attacks and animations, while still giving you the feel of being a dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yeah man, those activists and their annoying desire for all humans to be treated equally... they're clearly holding Blizzard hostage and preventing them from releasing THICC ASS Dracthyr.
    Dracthyr is a statement at this point. There is no any other indication that it isn't one sided to appeal certain minority groups. Anything else even slightest form of masculinity would trigger oppression relapses for them.

Dracthyr is a statement at this point. There is no any other indication that it isn't one sided to appeal certain minority groups. Anything else even slightest form of masculinity would trigger oppression relapses for them.
    Oh, you were serious.

...I'm so, so, so sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why couldn’t it simply be Blizzard’s interpretation of a playable dragon class based on their iconic dragon characters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    >biased poll title
    >falls them famelic even though they are much buffer than lizard people would suggest

This isn't your Twitter. You never wanted to have a discussion, you're just here to share your opinion.
    His option is losing...so he's probably salty lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Those are some good points. I do feel that the more humanoid dragon form allows for more expressive attacks and animations, while still giving you the feel of being a dragon.
    Think of it like this, imagine feral druids, now make their head longer, would you want a dragon to be that sized? no, of course not, it would need to be mount sized AT LEAST, and then boom you have a problem, you are now bigger then all of your melee, now movements, swings of your massive wings and tail, it makes it impossible to see, any ability where you lift off would block the entire raid.

there is a reason most size increasing toys break on combat.

it is far easeir to make something bipedal feel large then something quadrupedal.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content