View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Those are some good points. I do feel that the more humanoid dragon form allows for more expressive attacks and animations, while still giving you the feel of being a dragon.
    Think of it like this, imagine feral druids, now make their head longer, would you want a dragon to be that sized? no, of course not, it would need to be mount sized AT LEAST, and then boom you have a problem, you are now bigger then all of your melee, now movements, swings of your massive wings and tail, it makes it impossible to see, any ability where you lift off would block the entire raid.

there is a reason most size increasing toys break on combat.

it is far easeir to make something bipedal feel large then something quadrupedal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Think of it like this, imagine feral druids, now make their head longer, would you want a dragon to be that sized? no, of course not, it would need to be mount sized AT LEAST, and then boom you have a problem, you are now bigger then all of your melee, now movements, swings of your massive wings and tail, it makes it impossible to see, any ability where you lift off would block the entire raid.

there is a reason most size increasing toys break on combat.

it is far easeir to make something bipedal feel large then something quadrupedal.
    Yeah, I had this discussion several times before announcement, and I had hoped for the Quad option, but I wasn't too surprised they went with bipedal. I'll take a Zandalari-sized Dragon on two legs over a cat-sized or bear-sized dragon on four.

Like I said, I understand why they took the direction they did, and I accept it. In the end, I wanted a class that allows you to play as an aspect-empowered dragon and that's what I got.

It's pretty sickening. Blizzard is finally designing a race for us in the LGBTQIA+ community and the first thing that people want is to take it away from us. We're a minority group, can't you let us have this one thing that's just for us??

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    It's pretty sickening. Blizzard is finally designing a race for us in the LGBTQIA+ community and the first thing that people want is to take it away from us. We're a minority group, can't you let us have this one thing that's just for us??
    IA? Theres an IA at the end of that now? Not to be mean, but it might be a good time to start trying to come up with an actual name, before it just winds up being the entire alphabet, jumbled up. :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    THICC ASS Dracthyr.
    Sign me up for those.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    It's not just for you though? Unless they specifically said it is. I'm not part of the LGBTQIA+ community and I'm still gonna play the race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about real world identity/gender politics, so let's pivot away from that vein of discussion and return to discussing the dracthyr models.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread isn't about real world identity/gender politics, so let's pivot away from that vein of discussion and return to discussing the dracthyr models.
    With that said, what's your take (I can never tell if I'm suppose to quote or @ people)? I like that they added the 4th body type but feel like it could have been the "default" with 2 body types going in both directions (so 2 thinner and 2 thicker) or have body type 4 be the 3rd option with an extra bulkier option for the new 4th.

I thought dragon form didn't have male/female body types because it's, you know, dragon form. Chromie's a dude in dragon form but doesn't look any more masculine than Merithra for example. Not to mention reptiles with breasts would make biology majors bleed from their eyes.

That being said I do wish we had a bit more choice in body types than just the torso. For one I'd like to have bigger heads, just to make the 'breath' skills more imposing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    With that said, what's your take (I can never tell if I'm suppose to quote or @ people)? I like that they added the 4th body type but feel like it could have been the "default" with 2 body types going in both directions (so 2 thinner and 2 thicker) or have body type 4 be the 3rd option with an extra bulkier option for the new 4th.
    As I said in the other thread about the dracthyr model, I'm all for added customization insofar as body types go. I think body type 4 is enough for me personally, as I find the more svelte overall model makes sense for a caster class like the Evoker, but I'm definitely not opposed to bulkier body types as an option for the dracthyr model itself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Chances are high i wont play DF - i honestly dont think im the target audience anymore - fluffy cute little races and now creepy feminine looking snake things being called dragons, all the changes to the core gameplay loop - none of its for me. I have no issue that there are some who are loving it and really happy, but its just not for me.

HOWEVER, to properly answer your question more directly, no, if it wasnt clear enough already i absolutely would NOT play them, i honestly think they look like mobile game bullshit. I also would never kick someone from my group or abuse them simply for liking things i dont like, but i personally wouldnt go near one.
    I just find it really weird that it took this long for so many people to realize that the game has looked like this since at least the character model revamp.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried on beta and it wasn't for me, neither Evoker nor Dracthyr. But its all good, I wasn't planning on playing anything other than my main anyway.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Why couldn’t it simply be Blizzard’s interpretation of a playable dragon class based on their iconic dragon characters?
    Maybe because they barely resemble draconic races we've had so far. They don't look like an elite unit, they look like early prototypes from an experiment.
    They suffer the sameface problem Pandaren have and the lack of sex dimorphism don't exactly help them.

I think they'll flop given the lack of mortal form customization ( they would have saved a lot of time and resources allowing people to just choose among the existing races), all dragon forms looking the same in spite of customization and the classes restriction with shorter range than other casters.

Again my main problem with these dragon wannabes is that they barely make it to lizard people
    Last edited by rpdrichard; 2022-10-04 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Maybe because they barely resemble draconic races we've had so far. They don't look like an elite unit, they look like early prototypes from an experiment.
    They suffer the sameface problem Pandaren have and the lack of sex dimorphism don't exactly help them.

I think they'll flop given the lack of mortal form customization ( they would have saved a lot of time and resources allowing people to just choose among the existing races), all dragon forms looking the same in spite of customization and the classes restriction with shorter range than other casters.

Again my main problem with these dragon wannabes is that they barely make it to lizard people
    These are some over the top opinions. Frankly it’s not worth arguing over because the race /class is here, and the general public will be playing them in a matter of weeks. I’m sorry you dislike the new race. Hopefully something will show up down the road that appeals to you.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I just find it really weird that it took this long for so many people to realize that the game has looked like this since at least the character model revamp.
    What do you mean "looked like this"? They have only just been added??? And this is obviously entirely subjective. Some people love Pandaran but hate undead. Some people love orks but hate pandaran. Some people hate vulps but love dwarves. And some people hate these lizard things and love humans.

- - - Updated - - -

These are some over the top opinions.
    What is "over the top" about saying you dont like something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There’s saying you don’t like something, and then there’s saying that the Dracthyr “barely make it to lizard people”.

What do you mean "looked like this"? They have only just been added??? And this is obviously entirely subjective. Some people love Pandaran but hate undead. Some people love orks but hate pandaran. Some people hate vulps but love dwarves. And some people hate these lizard things and love humans.

- - - Updated - - -

The game has looked like a Saturday morning cartoon since the character model revamp.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one welcome my twink dracs.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    This is very much on point.

- - - Updated - - -

Got into the beta so I figured I might as well compare while looking at Drac ability's.

Drac's are plenty big/masculine as is if you go for body 4
    But not for their size. Either troll, obtuse on purpose, or somehow missing the entire point.

I don't think they look extremely awful... but they look weird.

What bothers me is that they have these in game, which I'm 100% sure are discarded ideas for the actual race (as they're just Worgen/Draenei remodels).... and could have easily been just body type options for them:

Last edited by javierdsv; 2022-10-05 at 08:40 AM.