Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I mean, could be that he's tweeting from the frontlines...

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The fuck do we want with third world countries in the EU? Geez... the ideas you guys have sometimes. Israel is the only country that would bring anything to the table.
    Trouble, mostly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not sure if the unanimity (is that a word? lol) can be continued for much longer. Scholz already made advances to getting rid of it for certain aspects.
    I heartily support the abolition of veto in EU decision-making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Sounds like the northern Kherson front is rapidly collapsing. Must have felt left out from all the other Russian collapses of late. And this time they can't blame it on separatists and other conscript forces - this is where they stuffed most of their best forces.
    But they cannot resupply those forces. The Ukrainians have set up that battlefield nicely - the Russians have a major river behind them and it's regular Himars o'clock on the bridges. What's left of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post

But they cannot resupply those forces. The Ukrainians have set up that battlefield nicely - the Russians have a major river behind them and it's regular Himars o'clock on the bridges. What's left of them.
    The truly bizarre bit is that you didnt even need Admiral Ackbar to tell you it was a trap - and the Russians still walked into it.

Good read on the situation in Kherson by Mick Ryan, a retired Australian Major General - and also a NAFO fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    [url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63140098]

The latest hardware being sent to Ukraine includes more High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems
    [/i]

The US's decision to send more military aid to Ukraine "increases the danger of a direct military clash" between Russia and the West, Moscow has warned.

Russia's ambassador to the US, Anatoly Antonov, said it was an "immediate threat" to Moscow, describing the US as "a participant of the conflict".

Earlier, the US announced another $625m (£547m) in military aid to Ukraine.

Advanced US weaponry has been credited with helping Ukraine build momentum against occupying Russian forces.

Ukrainian troops have made significant advances in the country's north-east and south in recent weeks.

The latest US hardware includes another four of the high-precision Himars multiple rocket systems.

In all, Washington has committed nearly $17bn in military support for Kyiv since Russian President Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine on 24 February.
    yawn.
    Oh look another empty threat. They had no reaction to the first load of HIMARS, they will have no reaction for the next or the one after that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I saw somewhere that the US gave Ukraine those HIMARS rockets with 200,000 bits of tungsten.

edit:

https://twitter.com/tpyxanews/status...78062981664768

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I saw somewhere that the US gave Ukraine those HIMARS rockets with 200,000 bits of tungsten.

edit:

https://twitter.com/tpyxanews/status...78062981664768
    I think it was mentioned a few pages back but I cant find a link. These are designed for non heavily armored tanks. Which is good considering Russia seems to be out of those. Transport troop vehicles, civilian cars, planes provide little to no protection for people hiding in this non-exhaustive list. They will be FRM'd by them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Feltima View Post

The Belogrod supposedly has 6 100 megaton "posideon torpedoes". Aint nobody said anything about radiation poisoning the waters for decades and mutant cows, however, an irridated tsunami sweeping London is a nightmare.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...drone-28150436
    I'm this close to an aneurysm. Someone please hold me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'm this close to an aneurysm. Someone please hold me.
    There, there, everything will be fine, the... misinformed...poster can't hurt you anymore.

How does sauna sound? You want a vihtä?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Everyone knows Putin can't stop. If he stops and admits defeat he will be next high rancing Russian official who has an unfortunate meeting with a high floor window.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, US and NATO would absolutely retaliate nuclear attack... with conventional forces. If Russia nukes anything, every Ruskie on Ukrainian soil must be sent home in tiny tin cans, but using nukes in retaliation is out of the question.
    Oh, I never thought that nuclear retaliation was ever in question, I just meant retaliation in general. The person I was replying to originally was acting as if there would never be any military action taken at all, no matter what Russia did to Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    There, there, everything will be fine, the... misinformed...poster can't hurt you anymore.

How does sauna sound? You want a vihtä?
    Yes... I guess I could use some sauna time. Perkele.

Can I join in the sauna, please?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Don't forget to leave some alcohol at the door when you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Yes, but absolutely no talking in sauna. Only silent brooding and maybe alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I mean, could be that he's tweeting from the frontlines...
    IT people won't get drafted. Russian military is dumb, but not that dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    IT people won't get drafted. Russian military is dumb, but not that dumb.
    Apparently Putin just signed a "repair action" (ie changing the terms) on the mobilization to include even students, according to finnish newspaper I just read. No sources listed yet...

...But soon, even sysadmins will have to prove their loyalty to the cause

EDIT: Source found.

https://meduza.io/en/news/2022/10/05...chool-students

Slightly different wording on the article vs finnish newspaper, so I guess the finnish one wasn't entirely correct. Oh well.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-10-05 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Apparently Putin just signed a "repair action" (ie changing the terms) on the mobilization to include even students, according to finnish newspaper I just read. No sources listed yet...

...But soon, even sysadmins will have to prove their loyalty to the cause

EDIT: Source found.

https://meduza.io/en/news/2022/10/05...chool-students

Slightly different wording on the article vs finnish newspaper, so I guess the finnish one wasn't entirely correct. Oh well.
    The article linked says the opposite
    According to Putin, graduate students and students enrolled in evening classes will not be subject to mobilization.

7+ Year Old Account
    So we believe now what he says, given his track record? Special operation much?

Recruiting IT or not, plenty of people from that field fucked off ages ago from Russia. War only hastened this process.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-05 at 02:32 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Interesting that the finnish side claims something opposite...Perhaps they had the same mistake as I did, assuming the word "deferral" means the opposite it actually does?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So we believe now what he says, given his track record? Special operation much?

Recruiting IT or not, plenty of people from that field fucked off ages ago from Russia. War only hastened this process.
    First, meduza is pretty credible, and they're anything but Putins bootlickers. Second, IT is the only noteworthy industry besides natural ressources that still remains, so destroying that as well would not be something that Putin would (intentionally) strive for. He knows that many many smart people have already fled and retaining the remaining ones is of prime importance.

7+ Year Old Account
    First, meduza is pretty credible, and they're anything but Putins bootlickers. Second, IT is the only noteworthy industry besides natural ressources that still remains, so destroying that as well would not be something that Putin would (intentionally) strive for. He knows that many many smart people have already fled and retaining the remaining ones is of prime importance.
    You misunderstood. Putin lies to public 24/7. "It's not war, it's special operation. Fascists run Ukraine. NATO threaten us. We have the right to annex these territories. We will nuke you." etc. Article truly quotes what he says, but what he says is bullshit. What was he supposed to tell his people? "Yo, we gunna recruit absolutely EVERYONE!". He tries to calm down panic escape, but enlistment will only get bigger and bigger after inevitable failure of first 300k.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-05 at 02:52 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.