10+ Year Old Account
    The door seemed closed though when he killed his character off at the end of Logan. It was the final chapter and done and dusted. Tobey never had an ending as such. Nothing about Spiderman 3 suggested there couldn't have been a Spiderman 4 had they wanted to do another. As soon as NWH was announced, Tobey was expected, even if Feige refused to admit it.

The closure of Jackman in Logan would be akin to RDJ coming back as an AU Tony Stark. It's an actor and character that people had said their goodbye to and put to rest suddenly coming back.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    This is up there with the biggest moments of the MCU. For Deadpool's first MCU outing, to bring back Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, after he had beautifully and emotionally hung up his adamantite claws with Logan cannot be understated.

This is bigger than Tobey coming back in Far From Home. Before the MCU and even before Tobey beat Randy Savage in a cage match, Hugh had already been Wolverine, and played him in so many movies, good and bad.

That we're getting one last bonus run is huge.
    Honestly, I like that they aren't hiding it. Being out in the open for it works for me more than having the actors lie as blatantly as they did with Andrew Garfield.

And I really want a movie where we see the Deadpool Wolverine dynamic play out. The only other character I would want to see Deadpool interact with in the MCU is Spider-man. But, that will be on shaky grounds depending on Sony.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post

Hugh looks to be back as Wolverine for Deadpool 3. That's pretty cool.
    In before it’s a tiny cameo or something similar to X-Force

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    In before it’s a tiny cameo or something similar to X-Force
    They'd keep that under wraps if it were. If Hugh was in one scene like that they could quietly shoot it and no one would know.

That he's being used in marketing, down to the film logo suggests a main role.

Fans are already thinking between this and X in Multiverse, that this is the in for the X-Men to drop in before Secret Wars.

The door seemed closed though when he killed his character off at the end of Logan. It was the final chapter and done and dusted. Tobey never had an ending as such. Nothing about Spiderman 3 suggested there couldn't have been a Spiderman 4 had they wanted to do another. As soon as NWH was announced, Tobey was expected, even if Feige refused to admit it.

The closure of Jackman in Logan would be akin to RDJ coming back as an AU Tony Stark. It's an actor and character that people had said their goodbye to and put to rest suddenly coming back.
    I see your point, though I am not sure if we can consider "Logan" as the in-universe end of the character, since it was a loose adaptation of the Old Man Logan comics, that are set in a different universe and that Logan is not our Logan. It is I think unclear if this movie is really set in the future of the X-Men movies or a standalone.

Jackman might consider it as a good bye to the character and decide not to come back for it, but I would find that a bit of a shame. Some people have played their roles so well, that they in essence became the characters they played. For example Sam Jackson as Nick Fury, he played the part so well, that the comics adopted him as Nick Fury afterwars.
    I would say that Jackman is also on that level, along with Steward too, so I would have trouble seeing another actor playing Logan (and yes I needed convincing to accept McAvoy, he did well though). Either Jackman returns or the character is not appearing anymore.

For future Wolverine/X-men content they could do what the comics did for a while and put Laura in the Wolverine dress. As a huge Fan of X-23 I would love to see her as a constant part of the MCU X-Men (if she is done well). That would also go along fine with the MCU's drive to create the next generation of heroes during this phase. But of course that Laura couldn't be the one from "Logan", as she wouldn't even be born in the MCU timeline.
    Last edited by Raisei; 2022-09-28 at 10:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

That we're getting one last bonus run is huge HUGH.
    Fixed that for ya

I'm kinda iffy on that one.
    I'm gonna be happy to see Hugh one more time don the claws, but on the other hand, I've bid my farewells with Logan in, well, Logan movie.
    So here's to careful, tentative optimism.
    Also, a pity we won't see more of X-23 with Daphna Kinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    It is I think unclear if this movie is really set in the future of the X-Men movies or a standalone.
    The former: "Logan" events happen in the year 2029 , 5 years after the end of "Days of future past", from the original trilogy timeline perspective. If you could ask "Logan" character:"Hey dude!! How that time-travel went?" he would answer :"Oh good, we finally survived the sentinels". A few ( undetermined) years after an (undertermined) event ocurred and almost every mutant died that leads to to the beggining of the film.

Now the important thing to consider about Deadpool is that nothing matters and all matters, everything is canon and nothing is canon, events have consequences and at the same time they don't.

Is Vanessa dead or alive? This question holds no weight in the poolverse...she is both.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    The former: "Logan" events happen in the year 2029 , 5 years after the end of "Days of future past", from the original trilogy timeline perspective. If you could ask "Logan" character:"Hey dude!! How that time-travel went?" he would answer :"Oh good, we finally survived the sentinels". A few ( undetermined) years after an (undertermined) event ocurred and almost every mutant died that leads to to the beggining of the film.
    Weren't the Sentinels (and their entire timeline) not removed because of Logan's and especially Mystique's actions in the movie? I was of the impression that Mystique was made a hero for protecting Nixon and that improved mutant standing so much that the Sentinel programm never happened. That goodwill lasted until Jean went nuts and blew up parts of a small town. Though it doesn't really look like the mutants alltogether were blamed for that, just the X-men got shafted.

But yeah, you are right. DP won't really worry about continuity. I mean he has the 7th Infinity Stone, the Continuity Stone after all.

On another note: The girl from Prey might make quite a nice teenage Laura.
    Last edited by Raisei; 2022-09-28 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Weren't the Sentinels (and their entire timeline) not removed because of Logan's and especially Mystique's actions in the movie? I was of the impression that Mystique was made a hero for protecting Nixon and that improved mutant standing so much that the Sentinel programm never happened. That goodwill lasted until Jean went nuts and blew up parts of a small town. Though it doesn't really look like the mutants alltogether were blamed for that, just the X-men got shafted.
    That's correct ,Logan wakes up in 2024 to meet a Xavier (Stewart) that has already grown from Xavier(McAvoy) wich means, well ,that ,the mutants survived the Sentinels. The siege of the last mutants in a Fortress never happened.Both Xavier and Logan has memories ( because they are the same character) of the events of "Days of future past". For Logan that happened five minutes ago and for Xavier 51 years ago.

"The Dark Phoenix" events happen before Logan wakes up in 2024 and since we see the usual School for the Gifted in perfect harmony at the end of DOFP we can't only conclude the Phoenix incident didn't change mutant optics that much.

The event that fucked everything is not explicitly told in "Logan" but happened around 2025-2027.I think we can discard the "Old Man Logan" route ( Mysterio tricking him into killing all the X-Men) because I don't see the same overwhelming weight of the guilt in the movie character.

Meanwhile from 1973 to 2024 Logan was still Logan but with no memories of the events of the film and one day he wakes up ( the mind time travel ends) and then he goes " Oh wait......"

Imagine getting away with this kinda clickbait, both in the title, the thumbnail and on top of that there's almost no dislikes compared to the likes.

Are the people watching this channel brainwashed or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Imagine getting away with this kinda clickbait, both in the title, the thumbnail and on top of that there's almost no dislikes compared to the likes.

That channel isn't doing anything different than a million other channels. As much as people l ike to complain about Clickbait...it works.

Also: Here's this:

Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-09-28 at 08:18 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

There is a lot worse clickbait out there. At least this one is about something positive, usually the ones I see are about unbridled hatred. For example Bellular for all things WoW has a habit of catering to haters and his clickbait is just that.

So, after all the movies, will it really be Deadpool that give Wolverine his iconic yellow/black outfit? Probably it will be played for a joke, but still it is immensely ironic.

Surprised it wasn't posted yet but the trailer dropped.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

I don't think Nakia or Okoye have that hips.So......

10+ Year Old Account
    The dots on the head match Shuri's tattoo pattern too.

Unless this is a swerve and she dons the outfit for *plot reasons* but doesn't become BP then Marvel went with the obvious choice.

The more I see of Namor though, the more I like. Also, with there being no Panther at the start, we see more of the Dora Milaje who I enjoyed in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. The Riri brief one liner gave me "NOW THIS IS PODRACING" flashbacks, not in a good way either. I hope she's more fleshed out than "kid in a suit having an adventure."

Looking forward to this one.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    That channel isn't doing anything different than a million other channels. As much as people l ike to complain about Clickbait...it works.
    you know what clickbait pisses me off the most? fake fucking movie trailers. You'll see it pop up in your feed, get all excited cause it's a new trailer and then it's just bits spliced together from old movies and not the trailer at all. and yeah, you'd think they'd be easy to spot but they're really not. talking about channels with hundreds, if not thousands, of fake trailers

- - - Updated - - -

Unless this is a swerve and she dons the outfit for *plot reasons* but doesn't become BP then Marvel went with the obvious choice.

The more I see of Namor though, the more I like. Also, with there being no Panther at the start, we see more of the Dora Milaje who I enjoyed in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. The Riri brief one liner gave me "NOW THIS IS PODRACING" flashbacks, not in a good way either. I hope she's more fleshed out than "kid in a suit having an adventure."

Looking forward to this one.
    she does have her own series coming up soon, but I am fairly confident it is after BP

10+ Year Old Account
    If the movie is any bit as action packed as the trailer, I feel I will enjoy this one more than the first.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I'm probably overthinking it (or just hoping that they're not going with the obvious) but it seems a bit strange that they'd basically reveal it in a trailer like this. Then again, this is the studio that put Spider-Man in the Civil War trailer, when that would have been amazing to see for the first time in the theater... I guess they're basically obligated to do it for marketing purposes either way. A shame, really.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm probably overthinking it (or just hoping that they're not going with the obvious) but it seems a bit strange that they'd basically reveal it in a trailer like this. Then again, this is the studio that put Spider-Man in the Civil War trailer, when that would have been amazing to see for the first time in the theater... I guess they're basically obligated to do it for marketing purposes either way. A shame, really.
    It's also the studio that put Hulk in the Infinity War Trailer in a scene where it was actually Banner in the HulkBuster Armour...I'm not saying they're going to do another fakeout like that with Shuri...just that it is not outside the realm of possiblity.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.