Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The amount of people in this thread who thought Loken was hard is...mind-boggling. His one mechanic was "run away like 20 yards when he does his cast, otherwise be close."

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The amount of people in this thread who thought Loken was hard is...mind-boggling. His one mechanic was "run away like 20 yards when he does his cast, otherwise be close."
    Not to mention that it's not even guaranteed to kill you if you don't. I've seen people on stream just stand in it and survive. You run any amount of distance it's an absolute joke.

Compared to contemporary dungeon boss mechanics, that one is about as basic as it gets. If someone can't master "run out of the big explosion" then I don't know what to say to them.

That's not really the best way to kill the boss, people would run out and die from the tick damage of the AOE which increases substantially the further away you go from boss. It's better to stack in, use cooldowns to survive the damage and heal up, actually lower risk of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    If someone can't master "run out of the big explosion" then I don't know what to say to them.
    Again to reinforce, often times the wipes are caused by people running out, its actually easier to kill the boss if you don't. Running out causes the group to take more damage, you're taking damage either way only the healer is now moving instead of healing a stacked group.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2022-10-06 at 04:19 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    All in all, WotLK heroics are on the easier end of the spectrum. Of all the initial heroic dungeons, only Ahn'kahet and Occulus really jump out as mildly difficult, and the difficulty for the Occulus dungeon isn't really intrinsic but more due to the cumbersome and often buggy vehicle combat featured. With the release of the ICC patch, the Halls of Reflection can also be moderately difficult if you don't outgear it.

- - - Updated - - -

HoS is quite painful, but it's not really technically difficult or demanding aside from the time and patience spent.
    The lack of any technical ability to it is what makes it so .. boring aside from it just out staying its welcome.

It was the one Heroic I would take the deserter debuff for if I ever got it once LFD came in, the entire run would usually take 20mins in any case due to a variety of factors so an extra 10 mins didn't bother me at all.

Before LFD I simply ignored its existence once I had the gear I wanted from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    About the only hard WOTLK Heroic is Occy, and that's only cause people forgot how to do the drakes.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    People are forgetting how things changed as Wrath progressed.
    Heroics got easier as the expansion pushed on, they were definitely tougher at the beginning.
    No I don't, not they weren't tough.

I remember being bored of 5-man in original WotLK even before we started raiding, watching videos while spamming one key and needing guild friends to drag me out for achiev because I had no motivation to do them otherwise.
    This false argument was thrown around 10 years ago already, and we can right now check how wrong it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    I didnt buy anything(yet) and fairly easily plough through all of them. There's a few packs that turn deadly if you pull multiples, and a few bosses that can be an issue if people dont know what they are doing.

This is heroics at the easiest level they have ever been, while being the top level 5 man pve content.
    Haven't spent a single gold on crafting/ expansive super vendor stuff.
    I set this a goal to have any reason to run dungeons since it goes so fast basically lvl to 80 and ataining preraid bis from dungeons and quests(exclude crafting etc)
    Took me less than 10 days
    Still clear HCS on autopilot boring aoe spam fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    They are not tough at the beginning. We dinged 80 and 5 minutes later were in a heroic aoe tanking it with a full group who just leveled.
    WotLK Classic is a little bit different.
    The quests gave enough emblems for 2 epics.
    AH has epic helm, shoe, weapon and Darkmoon Cards.

14 years ago, the pug groups I join didn't wear any epics.
    The HP for the tank was below 20000.
    Most dps were doing less than 1500.

Whatever it is, WotLK classic doesn't give the same experience 14 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Compher View Post
    WotLK heroics were the easiest heroics have ever been in the history of WoW.
    this

/10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    About the only hard WOTLK Heroic is Occy, and that's only cause people forgot how to do the drakes.
    at least you could do it with only 1 person, so long as they knew what they were doing.

LK Hcs were always a complete faceroll tbh so i don't really know what you expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only played the original wrath later in the expansion so never got to experience these dungeons without being overgeared so was expecting more of a challenge than I remembered and maybe having to deal with some mechanics that were ignored before but it really wasn't like that.

Immediately after hitting 80 I went into a couple of them and they didn't feel much different to levelling dungeons at all. Bosses tend to die before they can do very much and while certain trash could be a bit spiky they're not a huge problem. DPS seem less tunnel visioned and much more clued in these days at basic things like interrupting, using stuns, killing stuff the healer might have aggro on etc which makes it manageable even if something goes wrong like a double pull or a boss pulled with a pack.

A few days later when most people have a few heroic drops and badge items they're actually isn't much to do anymore as a healer other than contribute damage and interrupts while keeping enough mana in reserve if something goes wrong. A def capped tank is more or less sustained by just earth shield and healing stream totem tops up everyone else so it can make the run pretty relaxing or boring depending on your perspective.

I don't know about putting a number to it but I think they're easy enough for anyone in levelling gear to complete without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    That's not really the best way to kill the boss, people would run out and die from the tick damage of the AOE which increases substantially the further away you go from boss. It's better to stack in, use cooldowns to survive the damage and heal up, actually lower risk of death.
    Well....they have to run back in when the explosion goes off...that's the whole point. CDing through it relies on a healer knowing what they're doing, which is basically something you should never account for in a pug.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    WotLK Classic is a little bit different.
    The quests gave enough emblems for 2 epics.
    AH has epic helm, shoe, weapon and Darkmoon Cards.

14 years ago, the pug groups I join didn't wear any epics.
    The HP for the tank was below 20000.
    Most dps were doing less than 1500.

Whatever it is, WotLK classic doesn't give the same experience 14 years ago.
    I understand the badge difference. However, I did the same thing 14 years ago after hitting 80 then, however. I admit there were more wipes 14 years ago, but this is also largely due to the player base being more knowledgeable of the game. I think I took all of my characters to Naxx and OS within a week of hitting 80 with the exception of my prot paladin.

14 years ago, I don't think the relic, offhand, shield and trinket are in the Emblem of Heroism shop.

I have Honor reputation with all 4 factions when I ding 80.
    Is it always that fast?
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2022-10-06 at 05:11 PM.

Well....they have to run back in when the explosion goes off...that's the whole point. CDing through it relies on a healer knowing what they're doing, which is basically something you should never account for in a pug.
    I have to say, though, BigBazz resolves a question I'd bookmarked over the years. HoL was the only heroic I abandoned with a group - I had just started playing seriously and barely understood encounter principles.

I remember the party couldn't manage running out, but every other kill I recall powering through - which of course became the standard once gear allowed.

Now I think it would just make sense to CD and heal up - and nearly all players would understand both concepts. In fact, I can't see healers *or* tanks being new to the role at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    I have to say, though, BigBazz resolves a question I'd bookmarked over the years. HoL was the only heroic I abandoned with a group - I had just started playing seriously and barely understood encounter principles.

I remember the party couldn't manage running out, but every other kill I recall powering through - which of course became the standard once gear allowed.
    This is why I created this topic.
    How difficult is WotLK 5-man heroic without powering through.

7+ Year Old Account
    I member my pugs folding like paper in Gundrak on Snake and final boss. But in general, WotLK dungeons were piss easy and were later memed as a Valor Points farm place for easy gear. There was a reason why Blizz experimented with much harder dungeons in Cata.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-06 at 06:12 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

He was heavily nerfed. The original incarnation in patch 3.0 was so hard that he had more player kills than any other boss, including raid bosses. The AoE would do enough to 1shot non-tanks and if you were more than 15 or so yards from him, you'd be taking like 10-15% of your health every second.

I was hoping the classic uses patch 3.0
    Instead, it is 3.3.5

If it is 3.3.5, why does Blizzard remove LFD?
    What was Blizzard thinking ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I was hoping the classic uses patch 3.0
    Instead, it is 3.3.5

If it is 3.3.5, why does Blizzard remove LFD?
    What was Blizzard thinking ?
    They did the same thing with Classic being based off of the final patch and TBC being based off final patch.

I don't see the issue.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything