Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That "expectation" is just your headcanon, since not only it's not confirmed, but we don't see animal souls anywhere in the Shadowlands.

The whole point here that you're ignoring is that we not only knew next to nothing about the Shadowlands beyond "it's the realm of the dead", and the not-insignificant implications of the existence of different afterlives, that means the Shadowlands had a lot of room to grow and be expanded upon.

That is not the case with the Emerald Dream. Because, again, we already know a lot-- and yes, it is a lot-- about that alternate dimension. Because we, as the players, visited it several times throughout the game, and the dimension also was showcased, sometimes heavily, in several stories and books.
    Oh really? What do you know about it beyond it being an Emerald forest? We haven't visited it. Just a semblance of it.

And that's why it won't ever be an expansion. At best, a content patch zone like Argus.
    So, there is no possibility for it to grow beyond just a green forest? You lack vision, my friend.

Wrong. Because the Emerald Dream is still used a decent lot in quests, stories and books. And possibly a future expansion's mid-content patch. Not featuring it as a full expansion does not mean "throwing it into the trash".
    It features pretty much the same everytime.
    This realm would have the equivalent amount of content as the Shadowlands. You can't condense all of that dimension into a single patch zone.

They don't need it. They could add something completely new, y'know?
    Once they run out of established places. As for now, they're using known locations.

That is not the Emerald Dream.
    That could very well be the Emerald Dream. We know the rules of physics do not apply there. We know it is affected by nighmarish influence. We know Druids go there when they slumber. We know the World Soul probably dreamed it into existence. It has every characteristic of a dream.

That is also not the Emerald Dream.
    The blueprint of Azeroth. What, you think they designed it all to be just a green forest?

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Except they aren't really subtle with their retcons, there has been no in-game indications of such a theoretical retcon, only contradictions to it in fact in the form of resurging saronite vapours in Legion, C'thun's corruption of Cho'gall, the re-emergence of the qiraji in BfA and so on.
    It's funny that i am accused of headcanon when a theoretical retcon is needed to claim them as truly finished.
    I mean they literally stated that C'Thun and Yogg-Saron are dead, it doesn't get any more direct than that. Blizzard statements are quite literally canon before they change their mind and say otherwise, and since we haven't heard any updates from them regarding the old gods the latest statement (that they're dead for all intents and purposes) should be considered canon. Residual influence doesn't mean that the entity is still kicking - the Sha, remnants of Y'Shaarj, were around for tens of thousands of years after the latter's demise.

Nothing happens until it happens, that it hasn't happened yet means virtually nothing. Remember climate change? "Oh the climate apocalypse hasn't happened yet, climate change is a hoax!" (not intending to go off-topic here, but it's a clear example of that sort of faulty reasoning).
    Time isn't cyclical and neither are stories, everything new has yet to happen.
    I mean we're all speculating here - anything can happen if Blizzard wills it. I'm just taking Y'Shaarj's example to say that even if they do return it would likely be in a long long time (unless Blizzard decides Y'Shaarj is a lazy bum and other old gods can return much faster).

Do you remember "perspective of the titans"? These claims in the universe by no means reflect the absolute state of the universe. Additionally there are rather hard limits to what can be made to make sense in fiction imposed by our own reality, one of them is the nature of entropy. The void may be retconned into not actually being entropy, but the old gods already are linked to it beyond all else and do not abide by the limitations of the cosmic forces at present, even if they heavily utilise the void. Retconning the void like that would likewise retcon the old gods into effectively being pawns of this new force that now represents entropy. And frankly: Why not? They show no particular care for any given cosmic force and happily utilise all of them, it can easily be sold as them being created at the behest of that seventh force utilising the void (and others).
    I mean if we go there there's literally no point in speculating about the universe at all. Perspective of the Titans was the excuse given to retcon and re-define the entire cosmology of Warcraft. Blizzard can just scrap the current six forces and say it was the perspective of the First Ones and that Warcraft universe is actually made of pasta. Any lore discussion occurs under the assumption that the current version of the universe holds, otherwise there's simply no grounds to speculate on.

The old gods are creations of the Void Lords made with a purpose - to corrupt nascent Titan world-souls and allow their masters to enter the material plane. Nothing as of now indicates they are somehow beyond the limits of the void. They are tools to the Void Lords just as Titan Keepers are tools to the Titans, and were born from the void, not merely utilising its power. And if we go by the real world definition of entropy (measure of molecular disorder), there's literally a separate cosmic power called Disorder. It's the force that brought demons into being.

How do you know for certain that the titans are the pantheon of order?
    They are according to the SL lorebook 'Grimoire of the Shadowlands and Beyond'. Danuser co-authored the book so it's safe to say it's canon until he changes his mind.

Also Elune is described as a "rebel" god, not exactly suited to describe someone or something that sets a general rule or precedent.
    Elune isn't the only Life domain entity to use 'outside' forces. Plenty of Wild Gods use other cosmic powers - Malorne uses arcane, Rezan uses light, Shadra uses shadow etc.

I think you fill in a lot yourself, and regard external sources (such as auxiliary works and developer comments) too highly.
    Especially the devs' since they are, y'know, still developing things, while the actual product reflects the final decision rather than some passing perspective a developer may have had on something and may or may not have comitted to in the final product.
    Even comments afterwards are to be taken with a grain of salt due to the retcons you mentioned yourself; They too may realise (and sometimes admit) that a certain approach to something is simply worse than what lies in logical consequence to their already established material (primarily the games).
    That's how canon works though. Ingame text, novels, lorebooks and blue posts are all of the author (Blizzard) and therefore canon unless stated otherwise at a later point in time. Sure they may change their mind but until that happens we can't just conveniently ignore the parts we don't like. I don't find any logical issues with the old gods simply being pawns to the Void Lords. It may hurt their grandeur a bit but so did players killing a literal Titan, Zovaal being described as Titan+ etc. Ever since Chronicles Blizzard has been expanding the scope of their universe and formerly phenomenal cosmic entities have been somewhat humbled (the First Ones took the architect of the universe role from the Titans for example). The Void Lords taking over the old gods' niche could probably be seen in a similar light.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    https://blizzardwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/WoWScrnShot_010321_111543-675x380.jpg
    Are you serious right now? Do you know what a "soulshape" is? Go read what a "soulshape" is. Those aren't animals. Those are souls of people who soulshaped into animals.

I mean, your image literally comes from an article called "How to collect every Night Fae SOULSHAPE in Shadowlands, including new ones added in 9.1"

Oh really? What do you know about it beyond it being an Emerald forest? We haven't visited it. Just a semblance of it.
    ... Dude, we have visited it several times, and we have read about it on many books and stories. Please stop digging deeper into your own hole

So, there is no possibility for it to grow beyond just a green forest? You lack vision, my friend.
    No, I simple possess common sense. If you expand a forest into more than just a forest, it stops being a forest. The description of the Emerald Dream is "untamed nature" and "summer and spring".

It features pretty much the same everytime.
    Most likely because that's all the Emerald Dream is: lush forests and lush forests and lush forests.

This realm would have the equivalent amount of content as the Shadowlands.
    Not by a long shot. The Shadowlands was never, ever defined in any concrete and definitive way. The Emerald Dream, on the other hand, has been defined in concrete and definitive ways countless times.

You can't condense all of that dimension into a single patch zone.
    We can, and Blizzard should, considering it's a dimension without any variation in its landscapes, if at all. Imagine an expansion based on the ED:
    • First zone: lush forest
    • Second zone: lush forest
    • Third zone: lush forest
    • Fourth zone: lush forest
    • Fifth zone: lush forest.
    And on and on...

Once they run out of established places. As for now, they're using known locations.
    Tell me how known Bastion was, considering you're the one saying they're "using known locations".

That could very well be the Emerald Dream. We know the rules of physics do not apply there.
    Again: we literally have definitions of the Emerald Dream.

The blueprint of Azeroth. What, you think they designed it all to be just a green forest?
    If the Emerald Dream is a never-ending lush forest, and it's supposed to be the blueprint of Azeroth, then the Titans aimed to make Azeroth into a never-ending forest. Not hard to figure it out, is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    Genuinely hope there is never a ‘planar’ expansion again. Everyone always bemoans the fact that Nyalotha was only a patch but c’mon, do you want an entire expansion of purple swirlies and tentacles?
    It would’ve been a proper Nazjatar, Nyalotha, and revamped zones.

Personally I think the Emerald Dream is boring now. I think we've had enough of that with Val'Sharrah, the Emerald Nightmare, Ardenweald, and the Drust. Time to move on for me and do some new shit. I'd be ok with a future patch, but I would 100% not want an expansion around it

Are you serious right now? Do you know what a "soulshape" is? Go read what a "soulshape" is. Those aren't animals. Those are souls of people who soulshaped into animals.

I mean, your image literally comes from an article called "How to collect every Night Fae SOULSHAPE in Shadowlands, including new ones added in 9.1"
    And why do you think this place has animal soulshapes?

... Dude, we have visited it several times, and we have read about it on many books and stories. Please stop digging deeper into your own hole
    Then, go ahead. Tell me the vast amount of info you've got about it.

No, I simple possess common sense. If you expand a forest into more than just a forest, it stops being a forest. The description of the Emerald Dream is "untamed nature" and "summer and spring".
    Really? Did Shadowlands stopped being the Shadowlands when it came out? No, we had the Maw to portray its original description.

Most likely because that's all the Emerald Dream is: lush forests and lush forests and lush forests.
    Just like how the Shadowlands were portrayed as a grey filter in several cases in WoW's history.

Not by a long shot. The Shadowlands was never, ever defined in any concrete and definitive way. The Emerald Dream, on the other hand, has been defined in concrete and definitive ways countless times.
    What are you talking about. They had the same amount of description. A lush, green forest and a shadowy realm of spirits. That's about it. And, as you can see, it has grown beyond it.

We can, and Blizzard should, considering it's a dimension without any variation in its landscapes, if at all. Imagine an expansion based on the ED:
    • First zone: lush forest
    • Second zone: lush forest
    • Third zone: lush forest
    • Fourth zone: lush forest
    • Fifth zone: lush forest.
    And on and on...
    What an absurd vision. You really think that's all it can be? Wouldn't the Shadowlands be just grey zones with souls if it weren't for the developers' ingenuity? Good thing you're not in charge of zone creation at Blizzard.

Tell me how known Bastion was, considering you're the one saying they're "using known locations".
    Shadowlands was a known location and they expanded it from there. Not hard to imagine a heavenly zone in an afterlife expansion.

Again: we literally have definitions of the Emerald Dream.
    You have scarce descriptions that could change in an instant.

If the Emerald Dream is a never-ending lush forest, and it's supposed to be the blueprint of Azeroth, then the Titans aimed to make Azeroth into a never-ending forest. Not hard to figure it out, is it?
    An entire planet of green forest? Hard to believe. Where do their Titan constructs come into play here, given how they put Earthen in charge of shaping some of the ladnscape.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Personally I think the Emerald Dream is boring now. I think we've had enough of that with Val'Sharrah, the Emerald Nightmare, Ardenweald, and the Drust. Time to move on for me and do some new shit. I'd be ok with a future patch, but I would 100% not want an expansion around it
    How do you know it'd be the same as what you've seen before?

How do you know it'd be the same as what you've seen before?
    Because it's always been described as a one note environment. Lush green forest. That's it.

It's literally the ying/yang of Ardenweald. ED is summer/spring, Adren is autumn/winter.

And there really wouldn't be much in there. Even the Green Dragonflight can not manipulate the ED, only the Titans. They'd have inhabitants both sentient and non, but that's about it. They'd have to retcon a lot to make this interesting.
    Last edited by Sinfelle; 2022-10-05 at 06:13 PM.

And why do you think this place has animal soulshapes?
    Because it's an afterlife for the spirits of nature. Notice how we see no animal from Azeroth, and all there is are native to Ardenweald. Also funny how you're trying to sweep under the rug the fact you got egg on your face when you showed an image saying "look at all these animals" only to be shown those are soulshapes, not actual animals.

Then, go ahead. Tell me the vast amount of info you've got about it.
    I've already done so. Multiple times.

Really? Did Shadowlands stopped being the Shadowlands when it came out? No, we had the Maw to portray its original description.
    Nowhere near the same thing. Again, we had zero information about the Shadowlands, while we do have a lot of concrete information about the Emerald Dream.

Just like how the Shadowlands were portrayed as a grey filter in several cases in WoW's history.
    Except you're wrong. That was said to be an in-between. Again, we had afterlives before Shadowlands was even a blip on the developers' expansion ideas list.

What are you talking about. They had the same amount of description.
    Wrong. Not repeating what I already wrote in this post.

What an absurd vision. You really think that's all it can be? Wouldn't the Shadowlands be just grey zones with souls if it weren't for the developers' ingenuity?
    Once again, wrong. And I've already explained multiple times how wrong you are.

Shadowlands was a known location and they expanded it from there. Not hard to imagine a heavenly zone in an afterlife expansion.
    Cool. Now imagine a desert zone in a location described and shown multiple times to be "never-ending verdant forests".

You have scarce descriptions that could change in an instant.
    Except we don't have "scarce" descriptions of the Dream. We have been to the Emerald Dream already. Multiple times.

An entire planet of green forest? Hard to believe.
    Not my problem if you refuse to believe how Blizzard has described the Emerald Dream in multiple books, stories and in-game quests.

Because it's always been described as a one note environment. Lush green forest. That's it.

It's literally the ying/yang of Ardenweald. ED is summer/spring, Adren is autumn/winter.

And there really wouldn't be much in there. Even the Green Dragonflight can not manipulate the ED, only the Titans. They'd have inhabitants both sentient and non, but that's about it. They'd have to retcon a lot to make this interesting.
    Like they did with Shadowlands, which was just a shadowy realm of souls.

Because it's an afterlife for the spirits of nature. Notice how we see no animal from Azeroth, and all there is are native to Ardenweald. Also funny how you're trying to sweep under the rug the fact you got egg on your face when you showed an image saying "look at all these animals" only to be shown those are soulshapes, not actual animals.
    All are native to Ardenweald? Snakes? Corgis? Lizards? Cats? Raptors? Porcupines? Rats? Cloud Serpents?

Tell me, lelenia. Where do animals go when they die in the Warcraft universe? Or, do they not have a soul?

I've already done so. Multiple times.
    No. You've mentioned there is lots and lots. You haven't showed any.

Nowhere near the same thing. Again, we had zero information about the Shadowlands, while we do have a lot of concrete information about the Emerald Dream.
    You repeat the same thing with no actual evidence.

Except you're wrong. That was said to be an in-between. Again, we had afterlives before Shadowlands was even a blip on the developers' expansion ideas list.
    Only in hindsight. At first, it was the Shadowlands. Then, they had to retcon it.
    Are you bringing the Vrykul thing again?

Wrong. Not repeating what I already wrote in this post.
    You wrote nothing. You only claimed.

Once again, wrong. And I've already explained multiple times how wrong you are.
    Your lack of vision doesn't automatically means i'm wrong.

Cool. Now imagine a desert zone in a location described and shown multiple times to be "never-ending verdant forests".
    Imagine an enchanted forest in the afterlife after it was described continuously as a shadowy place.

Have you seen Zereth Mortis? The factory for afterlives that has a green lush forest like the Emerald Dream and a desert area on the other side.

Except we don't have "scarce" descriptions of the Dream. We have been to the Emerald Dream already. Multiple times.
    You haven't been to the Emerald Dream. You've been to replicas of it. Val'sharah? A created placed meant to resemble the dream. The dreamway? A small section with no content in it except for portals. The Emerald Nightmare? The nightmare versions of locations on Azeroth.

Not my problem if you refuse to believe how Blizzard has described the Emerald Dream in multiple books, stories and in-game quests.
    I know this is how they describe the place. That's the image most associated with it. Would it be just it in the end? Unlikely. Just like the Shadowlands wasn't just a shadowy place.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-10-05 at 07:41 PM.

Like they did with Shadowlands, which was just a shadowy realm of souls.

Nope, not even close. We knew very little about the shadowlands prior to this expac, so the devs had plenty of freedom. Both Ion and Steve Danuser stated such in interviews.

The Emerald Dream however, we know a lot about and have been there four times. In Wrath with the quest "Hope within the Emerald Dream", During the Dreamwalker fight in ICC, The Dreamway, and The Emerald Nightmare raid

According to Malfurion, "Merely an echo, but Val'sharah is as close to the Dream as this world can come."

- - - Updated - - -

You haven't been to the Emerald Dream. You've been to replicas of it. Val'sharah? A created placed meant to resemble the dream. The dreamway? A small section with no content in it except for portals. The Emerald Nightmare? The nightmare versions of locations on Azeroth.

Alright now you're just trolling. The Emerald Nightmare raid is undeniably in the Emerald Dream. They even tell you that IN THE FUCKIN RAID. And the emerald nightmare was created in the dream by Xavuis, that's very well known lore.
    Last edited by Sinfelle; 2022-10-05 at 08:09 PM.

All are native to Ardenweald? Snakes? Corgis? Lizards? Cats? Raptors? Porcupines? Rats? Cloud Serpents?
    Again: read about "soulshapes". It's baffling how you're insisting on this after you've been debunked.

No. You've mentioned there is lots and lots. You haven't showed any.
    Considering I've shown you that those "animals" you speak of are just soul shapes, yet you insist on that debunked argument, I'm just going to assume nothing I show is going to be valid in your eyes, despite the many times we've actually been to the Emerald Dream.

Like... you know? In Wrath, when Remulous sends up to the Dream version of Moonglade?
    Or in Legion where your Order Hall as a druid is literally in the Emerald Dream, along with the pathway of the Emerald Dreamways?
    Or in BfA when we go into the Dream to help Merithra gather the green dragonflight?

You know... things you'd know if you at least bothered to look at the WoWPedia page of the Emerald Dream that I linked to you I believe more than once?

Only in hindsight. At first, it was the Shadowlands. Then, they had to retcon it.
    No, it's not. Again, back in Wrath, we literally had the Naaru intervening to save a mortal's soul, and we were told he'd be "safe in the Light".

Your lack of vision doesn't automatically means i'm wrong.
    Your complete disregard for established canon lore is what makes you wrong.

Imagine an enchanted forest in the afterlife after it was described continuously as a shadowy place.
    Except... it wasn't. What you claim was "continuously described as a shadowy place" was nothing but the in-between, not the actual Shadowlands.

Have you seen Zereth Mortis? The factory for afterlives that has a green lush forest like the Emerald Dream and a desert area on the other side.
    Irrelevant, as I explained to you multiple times already regarding information we had on the Shadowlands (which was next to nothing) vs what we have on the Emerald Dream (which is a whole lot)

You haven't been to the Emerald Dream.
    We have. Several times. Your disregard for canon facts is getting tiresome.

The dreamway? A small section with no content in it except for portals.
    You just literally admitted we've been to the Emerald Dream in the same sentence you just claimed we've never been to the Emerald Dream. Do you even bother reading what you're writing?

I know this is how they describe the place. That's the image most associated with it. Would it be just it in the end?
    Yes. Yes, it would be the end. Because that is how it's been described multiple times, and shown as such also multiple times.

Nope, not even close. We knew very little about the shadowlands prior to this expac, so the devs had plenty of freedom. Both Ion and Steve Danuser stated such in interviews.

The Emerald Dream however, we know a lot about and have been there four times. In Wrath with the quest "Hope within the Emerald Dream", During the Dreamwalker fight in ICC, The Dreamway, and The Emerald Nightmare raid

According to Malfurion, "Merely an echo, but Val'sharah is as close to the Dream as this world can come."
    You sound like lelenia.
    What exactly do you know so much about it?

Alright now you're just trolling. The Emerald Nightmare raid is undeniably in the Emerald Dream. They even tell you that IN THE FUCKIN RAID. And the emerald nightmare was created in the dream by Xavuis, that's very well known lore.
    I know the Emerald Nightmare is part of the dream, but what you see is nothing more than a recolored Val'sharah.

Again: read about "soulshapes". It's baffling how you're insisting on this after you've been debunked.
    "The spirits of departed animals on Azeroth travel to the Emerald Dream as their afterlife, with the mighty G'Hanir in particular serving as the home to the spirits of winged creatures. The Wild Gods, having been linked to the Dream by Freya, also come here after dying, as do members of the green dragonflight such as Ysera and the former Dragons of Nightmare."

We know it has been changed in Shadowlands to Ardenweald.

Considering I've shown you that those "animals" you speak of are just soul shapes, yet you insist on that debunked argument, I'm just going to assume nothing I show is going to be valid in your eyes, despite the many times we've actually been to the Emerald Dream.

Like... you know? In Wrath, when Remulous sends up to the Dream version of Moonglade?
    Or in Legion where your Order Hall as a druid is literally in the Emerald Dream, along with the pathway of the Emerald Dreamways?
    Or in BfA when we go into the Dream to help Merithra gather the green dragonflight?

You know... things you'd know if you at least bothered to look at the WoWPedia page of the Emerald Dream that I linked to you I believe more than once?
    You haven't linked once. And i've read the WoWpedia page. It doesn't have much because we've barely been to that place. We had snippets of it here and there but nothing substantial like Shadowlands had.

No, it's not. Again, back in Wrath, we literally had the Naaru intervening to save a mortal's soul, and we were told he'd be "safe in the Light".
    What does this has to do with anything? Back in the day, Death Knights got their mount from the Shadowlands. Only afterwards was it called the inbetween.

Your complete disregard for established canon lore is what makes you wrong.
    Established lore doesn't hold much water when you expand a concept beyond its original description, like the Shadowlands.

Except... it wasn't. What you claim was "continuously described as a shadowy place" was nothing but the in-between, not the actual Shadowlands.
    That was the Shadowlands. Have you never read about it before the expansion launched? It was described, time and time again, as a realm of souls with shadowy creatures.

Irrelevant, as I explained to you multiple times already regarding information we had on the Shadowlands (which was next to nothing) vs what we have on the Emerald Dream (which is a whole lot)
    You continue to regurgitate this over and over, yet the amount of info is probably no more than Shadowlands' original info. You know it is a green forest and that it has a sinister equivalent known as the Emerald Nightmare. That's as much as knowing about heaven and hell in the afterlife.

Think about it. If Zereth Mortis served as the prototype to the afterlife, wouldn't the Emerald Dream, which is said to have multiple layers of testing beds, be kinda similar?

We have. Several times. Your disregard for canon facts is getting tiresome.
    You've been to that place as much as quests sent you to the Shadowlands prior to 2019. If that place was really reachable, then the portals for it would send you there.

You just literally admitted we've been to the Emerald Dream in the same sentence you just claimed we've never been to the Emerald Dream. Do you even bother reading what you're writing?
    Dude, you can't call that real content. It is just a passageway.

Yes. Yes, it would be the end. Because that is how it's been described multiple times, and shown as such also multiple times.
    Then, you're pretty stuck in your own bubble, unable to see much beyond what is offered to you.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-10-06 at 04:22 AM.

Dude, you can't call that real content. It is just a passageway.
    After we kill Xavius, we have the uncorrupted Heart of the Dream showing that, yup. the Dream is exactly as described

Like, I do get. The thing is, as dscribed, the Dream is same-y. Its Azeroth if no cultures had evolved so just, pre-Sundering. The only people are green dragons and the various druid-related entities. We've killed off the Nightmare, so the big push to go there is gone

I'd much rather a War of the Ancients/Ancient Kalimdor themed expansion than an Emerald Dream one if we're going pre Sundering, honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It would’ve been a proper Nazjatar, Nyalotha, and revamped zones.
    Now that I could do. I do love Zandalar and KT tho.

You're thinking too big, it should be a raid encounter

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    After we kill Xavius, we have the uncorrupted Heart of the Dream showing that, yup. the Dream is exactly as described

Like, I do get. The thing is, as dscribed, the Dream is same-y. Its Azeroth if no cultures had evolved so just, pre-Sundering. The only people are green dragons and the various druid-related entities. We've killed off the Nightmare, so the big push to go there is gone

I'd much rather a War of the Ancients/Ancient Kalimdor themed expansion than an Emerald Dream one if we're going pre Sundering, honestly
    Well, an Ancient Kalimdor expansion isn't such a far-fetch. Especially the Kaldorei empire. I've made a concept for it.

As for the Dream, why do you think they cannot innovate it the same way i did, a mere MMO champion user.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    You're thinking too big, it should be a raid encounter
    Why tho? It's as much a realm as the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    id love to see troll empire at its height if we ever go to past, we know just enough to be intrigued but not enough so devs would be heavily restricted
    only issue can be it was big and not separated from surrounding areas

With the inevitable " life realm " expack, the Emerald dream will be a patch, or both will overlaps. ED can be a patch of the Life Realm Expack though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    id love to see troll empire at its height if we ever go to past, we know just enough to be intrigued but not enough so devs would be heavily restricted
    only issue can be it was big and not separated from surrounding areas
    Dark Trolls can feature in an ancient kalimdor expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    With the inevitable " life realm " expack, the Emerald dream will be a patch, or both will overlaps. ED can be a patch of the Life Realm Expack though.
    What do you think the Life Realm is if not the Emerald Dream?

What do you think the Life Realm is if not the Emerald Dream?
    Emerald Dream is just specific chunk of the Plane of Lofe, crafted specificslly for Azeroth.