Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No, pvp already has enough unique fomo stuff, it surely doesn't need another gladiator mount lol. Wouldn't mind to be able to get the normal one via solo shuffle though.
    My guess is that giving the regular gladiator mount via the solo shuffle would make the people who play at glad level in regular arena quite angry. I doubt Blizzard would want to piss them off, so it is more likely that we won't see any gladiator mount as reward from solo shuffle at all.
    unclench your jaw

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    My guess is that giving the regular gladiator mount via the solo shuffle would make the people who play at glad level in regular arena quite angry. I doubt Blizzard would want to piss them off, so it is more likely that we won't see any gladiator mount as reward from solo shuffle at all.
    Why? You literally can't get boosted in solo shuffle, if anything it's harder to reach Gladiator there lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Why? You literally can't get boosted in solo shuffle, if anything it's harder to reach Gladiator there lol.
    You can't get boosted, true, but other than that I believe that a huge part of the challenge to reach gladiator is the ability to be a team-player, meaning to be able to find partners, to know how to play given comp and to sync with your teammates. In other words, playing just your class is one thing, playing a particular comp is another(and sticking with the people for it), if that makes any sense...

Another possible reason is that if you can get same mount from regular arena and solo shuffle, many players might follow the path of least resistance and abandon the regular arena and focus only/mainly on the solo shuffle. Which could have a domino effect in participation and eventually "kill" the regular arena ladder.
    unclench your jaw

Well of course you can't get Gladiator in 1v1 because, you know, that would be fun...

7+ Year Old Account
    You can't get boosted, true, but other than that I believe that a huge part of the challenge to reach gladiator is the ability to be a team-player, meaning to be able to find partners, to know how to play given comp and to sync with your teammates. In other words, playing just your class is one thing, playing a particular comp is another(and sticking with the people for it), if that makes any sense...

Another possible reason is that if you can get same mount from regular arena and solo shuffle, many players might follow the path of least resistance and abandon the regular arena and focus only/mainly on the solo shuffle. Which could have a domino effect in participation and eventually "kill" the regular arena ladder.
    And I wouldn't mind if they would "kill" regular pvp ladders. Solo shuffle is the future of pvp. I really hope we also get a solo q rbg mode down the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Well of course you can't get Gladiator in 1v1 because, you know, that would be fun...
    It's not 1v1 though? Have you even played solo shuffle yet?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I don't enjoy wow pvp but I can get why... while wow pvp is a trainwreck of broken pve mechanics uncomfortably cobbled together for pvp it has pretty strict rules.

Higher ratings become so predictable you can set a watch to when and why cds are pressed. Solo queue is heavily rng and after seeing how vast player skill levels can be in actual pvp games like dota and counterstrike...

You can't really justify putting a prestige reward into it

Imo, the chance of Blizzard intentionally killing off the more competitive regular mode(and the AWC, by proxy), is close to zero. Plus they are not going to remove the option to form a group and play in a team with your friends.

Simply changing the color of the glad mount obtainable from solo shuffle is far less controversial.
    unclench your jaw

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I don't enjoy wow pvp but I can get why... while wow pvp is a trainwreck of broken pve mechanics uncomfortably cobbled together for pvp it has pretty strict rules.

Higher ratings become so predictable you can set a watch to when and why cds are pressed. Solo queue is heavily rng and after seeing how vast player skill levels can be in actual pvp games like dota and counterstrike...

You can't really justify putting a prestige reward into it
    Ehm, again, current 3v3 glad can sadly easily be boosted, so there isn't really all that much prestige behind it anymore. 0,1% cutoff? Yes. 50 wins after 2,4k? Not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Imo, the chance of Blizzard intentionally killing off the more competitive regular mode(and the AWC, by proxy), is close to zero. Plus they are not going to remove the option to form a group and play in a team with your friends.

Simply changing the color of the glad mount obtainable from solo shuffle is far less controversial.
    And we still don't need another flashy FOMO gift for pvp players.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

And we still don't need another flashy FOMO gift for pvp players.
    I'd prefer one more FOMO mount, rather than no mount reward for the solo shuffle bracket.
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    Don't know if you got the news yet but many things were "introduced in a patch" yet make a very big chunk of the gaming experience, lol. Like mythic+ for example, it got introduced in 7.0.3., which was a patch.

It's like you said something just for the sake of being edgy and to sound pretentious without saying anything profound.
    I mean I do not do m+ so you are barking up the wrong tree buddy.