Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mythic shouldn't drop gear at all. Should be alone for bragging rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just cap M+ at end-tier heroic raiding, from there, they have to upgrade with currency.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why does anyone care?

So long as the difficulty curve isn't broken to the point it creates toxic groups of mismatched players the system works.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If you want to kill Mythic raiding altogether this is a spectacular idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's like people want to go back to tiered content like tbc but stop it right at the point where they themselves can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It's like people want to go back to tiered content like tbc but stop it right at the point where they themselves can't do it.
    It's often projection from players who do not currently raid Mythic but maybe did at some point in the past. It's pretty easy to write off an entire demographic's reward structure when you no longer actively participate in it.

As I've said in other threads, the vertical progression system is the backbone of this game. I don't see how manipulating or removing parts of it will benefit anybody in the long run. Ultimately these suggestions feel like the "we live in a society," vague hand-waving that you see whenever people try to tackle solving complex social issues without any understanding of the reasons behind things being the way they are.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-10-07 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If you had read anything in this thread at all, you would understand they are talking bout mythic+. Are you honestly suggesting M+ shouldn't drop gear>?

- - - Updated - - -

It's often projection from players who do not currently raid Mythic but maybe did at some point in the past. It's pretty easy to write off an entire demographic's reward structure when you no longer actively participate in it.
    Pretty much this, and I REALLY dont understand it at all. I havnt raided mythic in a few patches now, and still 100% believe the best PvE gear in the game should come from mythic raiding, and nowhere else. Ultimately, the original narrative of "I want mythic raid gear, but really want to WORK for it, you know, doing lots of world quests and stuff" is now mostly gone, and instead its shifted to "well if i cant have the cool loot, nobody can!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The moment i read do you want to climb the ranks of mythic raiding the whole post became obsolete to me

who says that ? ranks of mythic raiding xD

As I've said in other threads, the vertical progression system is the backbone of this game. I don't see how manipulating or removing parts of it will benefit anybody in the long run. Ultimately these suggestions feel like the "we live in a society," vague hand-waving that you see whenever people try to tackle solving complex social issues without any understanding of the reasons behind things being the way they are.
    The vertical progression has been out of control;. Getting loot doesn't feel exciting because the same item exists with exponential ilvl adjustments. This really cheapens the experience of getting loot rewards for players.

Defeating a raid boss should feel more rewarding, but the game has you looking to the next difficulty level for the vertical progression, not the next raid.

If you really want to get to the heart of the problem, it's using metrics such as tiered difficulty to prolong the treadmill for player progression instead of releasing meaningful content more frequently for players to enjoy.

The popularity of classic speaks volumes; a big part of RPGs for a lot of players is min/max; this is an achievable goal in the early iterations of WoWs vertical loot structure. Compare that to what we have today... The current is quite the nightmare.

If gear is the only reason why people are doing the content it's shitty content anyway and needs to die and replaced with something fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    That's not really even true.. If you're up against, say, a rogue in PvP, you'll know generally how they'll play. If you're up against a priest, you'll know how they'll play. You know what CC they have, when they're likely to use it, what kind of healing / damage they'll do, etc.
    Same with m+ and raids, you know what mechanics they have, but where void zones are placed, who gets targeted etc is still "random"
    This however, is true.
    PvP gear is currently best in pvp (in most cases), but M+ and raid gear is completely interchangeable, except raid offers higher ilvl gear, and more often than you have any chance of getting from m+, while m+ offers mid-tier farmable gear.
    They should just make it so that m+ gear is 311-equivalent in m+, and 298-equivalent in other content, raid gear is 311 in raids and 298 in other content, and pvp gear can stay as it is, because it already works like that.
    You'll still have some outliers where you want gear from other content, but it's not as required as it is now.
    Also open catalyst at the start, it's stupid that non-raiders have to wait 10 weeks to get their full tier set.
    Except that computers can only do "predictable random" through rng and people can do "true random", and the scope in which the latter can act is much less restricted.
    I could waste a lot of words on this but it's simpler to just point out that PvE has never surprised me once during the past decade and a half.

And that's a good implementation idea, not nerfing it too much in other content is important too as otherwise the game will feel much too "segmented", but this way there is a seemingly pretty good "middle path".
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.