Ive been looking at most dps classes and how they play and I have to say that I'm getting more and more hyped for DF simply because it looks more like you could play anything and it would work out well. Many specs flow well. (I havent looked at ret though)

But unholy, frost dk, ww monk, arcane mage, fire mage, enhance sham looks fun to play. Its so hars to figure out what to main now Thats such a good thing for this game. And I still havent looked at all specs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Oh yeah we surely need score site integration like openraid in the game just to make meritocracy matter even more. Oh and yes, more raids surely will adress all those that want engaging world- or solo content with gearing progression.

I do not really wonder about the state of the game if blindness like that is far spread, even among the developers. I do not really wonder about millions of players leaving if they are not being adressed because of celebrated stupidity derived from bias and "metrics" based on bias.

I mean.. why won't the devs simply rename WoW into DRoW? Dungeons and Raids of Warcraft. Because the world is literally dead. And we know what the devs focus on. And it surely is not immersion and the world, but raids and dungeons.
    It's funny how you talk about "game blindness" without realizing that tieing amazing rewards to braindead open world content will kill the game so quickly, you wouldn't even get to a second content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    I think that happens when you copy a character over to th beta servers from live. I believe the only way to get them back is to do the story up until you unlock Dragon riding.
    That's what causes it? Damn. Well I am not sure I want to do the starting experience AGAIN though . ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's what causes it? Damn. Well I am not sure I want to do the starting experience AGAIN though . ..
    The mounts are tied to achievements, and copying characters over overwrites them.

I propose to turn world content into not being braindead, but to offer proper progression.
    Can't do that because everybody must be able to handle world content, even you.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's why they had to nerf the disc priest artifact intro
    Same reason they gave lfr determination stacks and started removing mechanics

They can't make content designed to be cleared by everyone have a chance of failure and the difficult content of the past like mage tower was complained about because it was too hard even after you could outgeae it

It's just something blizz can't win at

Sure they could, if there were different difficulties. But just ignore the arguments brought up. You are in good company doing that.
    Because you have yet to present a mechanism by which to actually do that. All you do is magic thinking.

Sure you can do it, if you have multiple difficulties, and the lowest difficulty is what we got today. A progression path in the open world would be you would either need gear from difficulty 1 to master difficulty 2 or you would have skill enough to play difficulty 2 from start.

And hey, nice ad hominem.
    Just look at Guild Wars 2 and the effect of having slightly challenging Open World Content.

Dragons End is what would happen to WoW if you had world bosses with more complexity than "move out of circles sometimes and it doesn't really matter if 80% of the players are dead".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Just look at Guild Wars 2 and the effect of having slightly challenging Open World Content.

Dragons End is what would happen to WoW if you had world bosses with more complexity than "move out of circles sometimes and it doesn't really matter if 80% of the players are dead".
    We have alr seen what would happen @ Oondasta in MoP.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

I mean, we used to have world bosses that complicated, but without the ability ot actually get punished for dying it just became a question of not dying so many times the timer for ressurecting became too long.

Also, for the case against world bosses I would personally look at Nazjatar. Amazing events, but only while everyone wants to do them. Two months in and they just became impossible for anyone to complete as you might be lucky with maybe one or two other players showing up to kill the world boss for middling rewards.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Phasing. Instancing. Sharding.

There are already technologies which allow that. And no, i do not have to talk in details about the technical solution. I just ask the developers to make it possible. Even if its implementation costs a raid tier.

Oh, and no, that would not be enabled for the lowest difficulty, so you still had the shared world for everyone.
    So your solution is making the open world content instanced. Putting you back on square one with no challenging open world content.

Phasing and sharding aren't even applicable, those are different techs for different purposes that don't really work for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well. They continue to ignore the arguments. But hey, i knew it will not be easy.
    No, your arguments just continue to be bull. At least your avatar is fitting.

As if you knew what technologies are applicable.
    That's not an argument in your favour, you know.

As for the other one... if you instance it, it isn't open world anymore. The challenge has nothing to do with it. You're just knocking out your own proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    My suggestion, Opt-in mode like War Mode with better rewards. They had suggested using a scaling technique that effectively scales your ilvl down back in Legion (and have used it since then). Use that to make things challenging. Instead of fully capping allow a small range of ilvls. So say Dragon Isles are meant for ilvl 333-346 (which is the range between full normal/heroic dungeon gear). Do a scaling mechanic that scales your ilvl to 294+ (current ilvl-294)/5 (so you'd need Mythic Razsageth gear to get to effective 320). Mobs should be designed to have mechanics anyway, people just don't see them because they outgear the world so fast.

Imagine you had a world difficulty 1 and a world difficulty 2 (and 10 other difficulties). Imagine you had shared world bosses among those difficulties. Imagine only the quest content would be sharded, phased or instanced (based on the difficulty level). Imagine you had a group size limit to avoid stockpiling groups and you had scaling to smaller group sizes. Now imagine, the challenges are based on the group composition or if you solo it. And et voilat, here we are with different world content difficulties rewarding higher gear levels the higher level world content gameplay is.

- - - Updated - - -

What has instancing to do with "no challenge"?

As if you knew what technologies are applicable.

And you did not debunk them. You just talk about how impossible it was. As i said, if the effort is a raid tier, go for it. Millions of solo players and small group players could benefit from it and had proper progression.
    So you want group-based content?

What you want doesn't sound like open-world content, it sounds more like "instanced open-world" content like Guild Wars 1.

It's essentially Raids/Dungeons under another name.

So out of interest, which specs do people feel have the best talent trees now that they're primarily focusing on iterating rather than reworking?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

7+ Year Old Account
    I wish the Evoker starting zone started out like the OG dk one and have you slowly gain talents over the course of the questing experience.
    It's a bit much being stuck with like 5 abilities for most of it and then *boom* here's a full talent tree to work out.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    So out of interest, which specs do people feel have the best talent trees now that they're primarily focusing on iterating rather than reworking?
    Shadow and Balance.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I wish the Evoker starting zone started out like the OG dk one and have you slowly gain talents over the course of the questing experience.
    It's a bit much being stuck with like 5 abilities for most of it and then *boom* here's a full talent tree to work out.
    I thought exactly the same, each few quests should give you a new ability but all of a sudden you go from a few to all and full talent tree. I can log on with my lock or my hunter and recognise the ability by the icon and know what it does, that is mainly because when I levelled them all those years ago i got the abilities gradually and used them before getting the next, now on Evoker I have a boat load of buttons with icons that look very similar. Over time I'd get the hang of them and muscle memory would kick in but when you first start the class it's a bit jarring.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I didn't feel it was that bad. The only thing kinda missing is some explanation of essence burst, as that is the core mechanic strewn around the talent tree, other than slowly recharging runes essences. Though I have to agree a bit as well, the specs should unlock earlier, but then I didn't even put any talent points into the trees until I reached OG, because the new GUI is so monotone, I didn't see the tab buttons in the lower left corner.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Shadow and Balance.
    The former kinda got destroyed the other day
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore