Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Even as Dragon riding increases further it is still shit. Sorry not sorry.

I have said this before, this entire expac outside of the new zones and new class are features or updates that you should find in a patch, hell the new zones are copy paste from Wrath of the Lich king zones, the new race is copy pasted demon form, the new class is rough and needs way more work still. New World is offering New zones, new dungeons, new weapons (class) and hundreds of updates and fixes in the brimstone update in less then two weeks and you dont have to pay for it, and they have no sub.

Blizzard sucks, WoW used to be the best MMORPG and one of the greatest games ever made, it is just a money grab now, that is what dragonflight is, wake up ppl
    Yeah of course, a rework of every class is a patch content. Same for the profession revamp. You clearly don't know what you're talking about and should just jerk off on New World instead of slacking in a WoW forum.

I thought it was fun right away personally.

You will enjoy it or you wont. I personally dont... but I consider it better then the other placeholders for flying that come in each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    I thought it was fun right away personally.
    it is, by almost anyone who actualy TRIED IT, reading post Op barely even read about it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    You will enjoy it or you wont. I personally dont... but I consider it better then the other placeholders for flying that come in each expansion.
    this is something that a lot of "dragonriding is shit" posters seems to ignore, not sure if on purpose or due to inability to understand it - it doesnt take away ANY form of travel that is ingame, in a way it is ingame since wod, so half of wows life pretty much...
    its literaly on top of it, so if its soooooo terrible to their liking they can use flypoints or run on ground as they would without it, and at later point fly like they would without it... but no, the mentality "i dont want it so NOBODY SHOULD HAVE IT" is just too strong with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Olo9G7GbU

This person got all 48 glyphs in 22 minutes. You can use a Handynotes addon or WeakAuras to track their locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Yeah of course, a rework of every class is a patch content. Same for the profession revamp. You clearly don't know what you're talking about and should just jerk off on New World instead of slacking in a WoW forum.
    So you think taking the old talent tree system, changing it slightly and calling it new, taking abilities u already had and abilities from legendarys from legion and making them talents in this tree should be and is considered new patch content?

You also believe the profession revamp, which by the way is something that should of been done several years ago, being that most professions have been complete shit for many expacs, and is also just a new way for blizzard to sell them tokens, is also new patch content huh?

I got some really nice car extended warranty to sell you.

Even as Dragon riding increases further it is still shit. Sorry not sorry.

I have said this before, this entire expac outside of the new zones and new class are features or updates that you should find in a patch, hell the new zones are copy paste from Wrath of the Lich king zones, the new race is copy pasted demon form, the new class is rough and needs way more work still. New World is offering New zones, new dungeons, new weapons (class) and hundreds of updates and fixes in the brimstone update in less then two weeks and you dont have to pay for it, and they have no sub.
    But then you would have to play New World......ew.

huh never had this issue. not sure what recently means, but yeah they have fixed a million bugs in the last 11 months, its much better now then it was. I am not saying New World is better game, ppl just play what they wish, but I will say the Devs for New World have put in wayyyyyyy more effort into New World in the last 11 months then Blizzard has put into WoW in several years.

oh wait you know u gotta complete the town quest that introduces you to all the things before u can actually use the things right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I mean, it does eventually, or it looks like it does on YouTube, but gotta say when you first unlock it and you have two abilities and it takes approximately 44 days for vigor to recharge, it's actually the opposite of fun.
    I made a video for you

https://gfycat.com/giganticscalybeauceron

It doesn't take too long when you max it

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    It takes 2-3 hours to fully max it if you focus on it
    It doesn't take that long to max it if you have a dragon glyph guide (HandyNotes)

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    As someone who is proudly casual I'll be switching back to regular flight as soon as it becomes an option. I'll leave flappy dragon to the pros.
    Agree, I fucking hate it, despite being used to it now I still don't like it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

So you think taking the old talent tree system, changing it slightly and calling it new, taking abilities u already had and abilities from legendarys from legion and making them talents in this tree should be and is considered new patch content?

You also believe the profession revamp, which by the way is something that should of been done several years ago, being that most professions have been complete shit for many expacs, and is also just a new way for blizzard to sell them tokens, is also new patch content huh?

And this is where you're completely wrong. If you actually believe the new talent system to be like the old one then you have no idea about how class work and used to work back then.

But I don't expect much from someone who calls weapon with 3 action buttons in New World a class.

Hating the talent tree or professions is of course an opinion and therefore whatever, but the idea that completely redoing talent trees and profession design is a small amount of work demonstrates a laughable understanding of game design.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

And this is where you're completely wrong. If you actually believe the new talent system to be like the old one then you have no idea about how class work and used to work back then.

But I don't expect much from someone who calls weapon with 3 action buttons in New World a class.
    Bruh, its literally going to be cookie cutter, atleast in PVE, it always is. Just like the old talent trees, sure it looks different but it aint different, u just have more illusion of choice and they calling it new. GTFO of here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Hating the talent tree or professions is of course an opinion and therefore whatever, but the idea that completely redoing talent trees and profession design is a small amount of work demonstrates a laughable understanding of game design.
    Well lets be honest. Professions should of been updated as time went on over the last several years, patch after patch went by with no meaningful change. If you balance class properly and update classes properly over the same period of several years, everything they are doing right now is pointless and wouldnt need to be done.

That was my whole point. These are not "new" content things. Are they spending alot of work in the last few months trying to get these changes out, sure. Are they new and should be major expac highlights? no.

Legion had sooooooo much more compared to what we are getting in DF. Its laughable to call DF a Expansion when some of the major highlights are dragonflying, UI update that is a MOD that has been out for 20 years and illusion of new talent tree.

cmon man plz

Bruh, its literally going to be cookie cutter, atleast in PVE, it always is. Just like the old talent trees, sure it looks different but it aint different, u just have more illusion of choice and they calling it new. GTFO of here.
    That's a good way to sound stupid.

Of course there will be a meta where people will play the best talent for a specific situation. And that's also why the new talent system is different than the old one : You can change your talents at any time, which mean you might want a different set up of utilities depending on the dungeon you play. Or you might even want to switch your talents to have better performance in AoE against certain bosses in raid. And that's the point of the new talent tree. The choices you have here are differents because you can adapt to any situations where the old talent tree could not be changed easily and was meant to good in every situation but not optimal.

And if people don't want to be optimal they'll be able to switch between every talent of their class tree and just play the way they want. That's as simple as it is. Most people won't care about loosing 2-3% dps anyway.

Also you don't seem to see how it will benefit future game design as the fact you are limited in choice will eventually allow the devs to add new spells without breaking the balance. But yeah, it's better to talk shit about a feature you can't understand because you're too busy wandering on icy veins to learn how to play your class.

because you're too busy wandering on icy veins to learn how to play your class.
    What a weird insult. "Lol you actually look up information on what to do to perform optimally". I guess you just... trial and error it, or something? And that makes you... cool, or something? Right. Okay.

Anyway - sure, the new trees LOOK like they give you more options, but do they really? You change about as much as you do on the current ones, relative to their total size. For a tree with 50 nodes it sure seems weird that most specs look to be prized into VERY specific paths, with the "choices" largely relegated to irrelevant things. Sure you can argue that taking non-performance thing 1 vs. non-performance thing 2 is technically a choice, but is it really a choice when what you choose barely matters? And at the same time, everything else stays locked in? Yeah, TECHNICALLY choices. But not really. It still boils down to "do this for AoE, do that for single target, and for the irrelevant utility stuff you can pick whatever" - which is pretty much exactly what current talents break down to for most specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Have you actually done it on the beta to confirm the "2-3 hour" time frame? Just curious because I plan to level a few toons and having fully maxed DF'ing will be a huge boon.
    You just need to collect the glyphs scattered around the dragon isles - which is literally flying through them and they're all accesible as soon you get your first dragon.

Plus, once done on your first char it's fully unlocked for all your alts so it's a one time task.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

This whole second page is full of fucking retarded ass insults lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I can litterally stream it for you on beta. Infact, I'll clip it, sec.

and at flying high speeds:

And here's base dragonriding. The 2 dragon glyphs I had were from when you first get your dragon.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1619531198
    Yeah, you completely didn't read or didn't understand my response. The subjective experience of time =/= the objective passage of time. There are thousands of man-hours in the customer service, marketing, and corporate efficiency sectors spent on proving this. Blizzard probably has their own analytics about how long it "feels" to sit in queue for dungeons or PVP.

Waiting 30 seconds when you're on hold for your refill at Walgreens feels like longer than 30 seconds

Waiting 30 seconds when you're waiting for the only two buttons you have to make your dragon go anywhere feels like longer than 30 seconds.

Alternately, 30 seconds spent at your happiest or most excited moments feels like less time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    I tried it on beta and I am pretty meh about it. I do a lot of gathering and " switch off " listening to audiobooks in the background. With dragonriding i doubt this will be possible. I just hope this isn't a stealth way of getting rid of traditional flying. Not a word on that but if they do take normal flying way and just leave us with dragonriding i think that will be the nail in the coffin for me. Gathering will be crap with dragonriding, having to think for hours on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Have you actually done it on the beta to confirm the "2-3 hour" time frame? Just curious because I plan to level a few toons and having fully maxed DF'ing will be a huge boon.
    Yeh, its about 1.5-2 hours if you follow a guide with travel cords. Such as angrynotes, tomtom etc.
    Its also account wide so you only unlock it once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    I tried it on beta and I am pretty meh about it. I do a lot of gathering and " switch off " listening to audiobooks in the background. With dragonriding i doubt this will be possible. I just hope this isn't a stealth way of getting rid of traditional flying. Not a word on that but if they do take normal flying way and just leave us with dragonriding i think that will be the nail in the coffin for me. Gathering will be crap with dragonriding, having to think for hours on end.
    Normal mounts isn't going away. And you can not hover with dragon riding either. Which they have made a blue post being the niche with regular mounts.
    Personally? They could remove regular flying and replace it with this and wouldn't miss it one second.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    What a weird insult. "Lol you actually look up information on what to do to perform optimally". I guess you just... trial and error it, or something? And that makes you... cool, or something? Right. Okay.

Anyway - sure, the new trees LOOK like they give you more options, but do they really? You change about as much as you do on the current ones, relative to their total size. For a tree with 50 nodes it sure seems weird that most specs look to be prized into VERY specific paths, with the "choices" largely relegated to irrelevant things. Sure you can argue that taking non-performance thing 1 vs. non-performance thing 2 is technically a choice, but is it really a choice when what you choose barely matters? And at the same time, everything else stays locked in? Yeah, TECHNICALLY choices. But not really. It still boils down to "do this for AoE, do that for single target, and for the irrelevant utility stuff you can pick whatever" - which is pretty much exactly what current talents break down to for most specs.
    That's a weird insult because it isn't meant to be an insult. It's a fact. You can't understand a mechanic if you're skipping the learning path that's supposed to make you understand the game. By checking a guide on the itnernet, you'll certainly be able to perform optimally but you will lack the understanding of the mechanic you're using. Is this something good or bad in game ? I'd say no as long as you have fun playing like that and then, as long as you perform. But it does matter when you want to criticize this very system which is the current case.

As for your own point of view, I'll agree with you that most of the nodes are just instant picks because those talent points are simply your base rotation, such as rampage in fury warrior or any defensive CD in every tank. Also, some other talents are too good to be ignored right now. There will always be balance issues that can be resolved. And again, with the current gaming mentality I'll also agree that no matter the situation, people who want to shine in any situation will take the most powerful talent even if it's boring and if the power difference is as thin as 0,01% power bonus.

But as you said, people will try to find first which of those talents are better to use. And it's something Blizzard can play around just by switching the balance.Then, people will agree or disagree. I don't see the age of forum discussion coming back since we have plenty of tools that allow us to analyze encounter and to provide facts but again, not everybody play the same way. Some will simply find the power gain not worth the mechanic the talent can bring.

We've been exclusively talking about PvE right now, but some PvP player will also find some interesting dynamics as some spells might just become irrelevant against some PvP comp, and some will be better against other. Yes, you'll have your talent presset for each comp. But your class, your set up and your ressources will change depending of which kind of CC/defensive tools you need against specific comps. And as we've seen plenty of time, the PvP balance might just be different than the PvE one and some talent will shine in PvP where some other might deal big damage in a short window, but will lack when the encounter last longer and is not based on a simple set up.

There's also a subject I used not to care about, and it's the simple aesthetic and illusion of choice the talent tree will bring to people. When you look at how people reacted, some of them didn't even cared what was going to be in the talent tree. The comfort and visual confirmation of their character progression is enough for them and simply bring them some of the old school RPG vibe they used to have on games like Diablo 2 or Vanilla WoW.

Finally, I think this system was needed for the long term as Blizzard will be able to balance their class without having to add burrowed power. If something's fun to play, it will end up in the talent tree like most features of the last three expansion based around burrowed power went. Overhaul it will become a positive addition for each class even if I think it might also bring more challenge to the balance team who's already out of touch.

At first I didn't really cared about a new talent system as I felt the game had more urgent issues. But from what I've seen with the class I play, it feels pretty good and as you might have noticed with my previous post, I'm pretty optimistic about them.